Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

35 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Family member’s business is negatively impacted by Trump’s attempts to undermine Obamacare. By undermining Obamacare without a viable alternative, family member’s business is hurt. If a viable alternative was introduced, then no matter the parameters her business could plan and thrive.

Since I’m also concerned with other human beings, the Trump administration is clearly an abomination.

I have family members who now have to worry that Trump’s Xenophobia Action Squad might find a typo in their naturalization forms and deport them.  Odds are they won’t be deported.  But, even if they remain in the US, they’re now in a class of people that Trump has publicly identified to his shitheel base of mean-spirited Fox News-absorbing dolts as inherently suspect and possibly not fully American.  

That is a harm.  It can’t be quantified in one event, but results from countless small interactions, increased risks, and heightened anxieties.  Trump has sewn distrust and hate, and those have costs.  Those costs don’t fall on slorch, though, so it’s cool.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The recent Unite the Right rally in DC cost the city around 2.6 million.  For a couple of dozen inbreds to wave Nazi flags.  

Thousands of troops marching a lot farther, with vehicles, with a lot more security and road closures, should probably cost more han $2.6 million.  

And that’s not getting into fuel and transportation costs, housing costs, etc. etc.  

are cops paid overtime or something? I'd imagine any event would be their daily pay as if they were just patrolling their own hood.  I don't believe this wildass $92 million number whatsoever. Moving equipement shouldn't be all that expensive and airfare/hotel for a few thousand guys should not top $1000/soldier. Besides, they could just come from within 100 miles of the event anyway. The numbers are garbage. I'm going to have to see a detailed audit to believe it.  Don't blindly accept whatever the govt says, especially regarding dollars. 

Edited by Orca of Peace
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

26 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

are cops paid overtime or something? I'd imagine any event would be their daily pay as if they were just patrolling their own hood.  I don't believe this wildass $92 million number whatsoever. Moving equipement shouldn't be all that expensive and airfare/hotel for a few thousand guys should not top $1000/soldier. Besides, they could just come from within 100 miles of the event anyway. The numbers are garbage. I'm going to have to see a detailed audit to believe it.  Don't blindly accept whatever the govt says, especially regarding dollars. 

Bless your heart.

25 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

I think the DC city portion of the event was 20 million ish.  Military portion 50- mill.  23 million (other, pinash whatever).

So if those amounts are tied to the correct entities, it looks like more of a military block than city.

22 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Yes, cops are paid overtime (if they work it). Yes, moving people cost money. Go ahead, try and figure out how much it costs to move a 72 ton tank (M1A2) basically anywhere. The damn thing burns 1.7 gallons per mile if it moves itself. 

27 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

you know we can all see what you are doing on this board, right? you're not at all subtle.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Wait, so you're saying we shouldn't believe the President when he tells us the tax cut will pay for itself?

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Straight out of the modern Republican voter playbook.  As long as your life is not impacted in a negative way, everything is good.  This mindset has overrun our country and is the biggest obstacle moving forward. Critical thinking goes out the door. Awareness fades. Got mine, fuck y'all.  I don't know if it's a long term effect of capitalism, but whatever this country was intended to be is dying. Trumpism is the malignant tumor that might kill it.

Excellent post.

I wish I could name the person I heard say years ago that this country was changing because people were seeing themselves as taxpayers rather than citizens. It has become so clear to me what he/she meant.

Citizens worry about the common good of helping fellow citizens. Citizens worry about what overspending by the government might mean for the common good.

Taxpayers because of constant reminders, merely look at their personal balance sheet. Those who seek their votes do not even ask them to consider anything else. 

Appeal to greed, fear, and hate, and you can't go wrong if you're looking for votes in the greatest country the world has ever seen.

Enlightened Self-interest.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

don't be a hyper dork.  These are valid questions that are questioning Pentagon numbers. 

No, your question was incredibly stupid, as the dozen replies that immediately follow indicate.  Sure, we may not know the exact pricetag down to the penny, but shit, people on this board were pointing out the insanity of Trump's $12mm estimate the day he made it.  Because anyone who has even the SLIGHTEST grasp of logistics, and understands the equipment being moved, and the manpower to move it, man it, and return it, not to mention the local costs of staging such an event, knew that Trump's estimate was WAY off.  

The cost could be $75 million.  It could be $110 million.  It could be dead-on at $92 million.  The point is that instead of costing $12mm, the true cost is "a metric shit ton of money."

So, in summary, fuck off, troll.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

In a world where Tom Petty, Prince, and now Aretha Franklin are dead...this motherfucker is still going. 

Only the good die young.  You know this.  His quack motherfucker doctor probably has it nailed - he’s living to 200. 

I don’t remember ever celebrating anyone’s death, but I will party my dick off when this POS croaks.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes, cops are paid overtime (if they work it). Yes, moving people cost money. Go ahead, try and figure out how much it costs to move a 72 ton tank (M1A2) basically anywhere. The damn thing burns 1.7 gallons per mile if it moves itself. 

it's not going to move itself.   I could organize this parade for like $3mil easy, aside from my $750k consulting fee. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, your question was incredibly stupid, as the dozen replies that immediately follow indicate.  Sure, we may not know the exact pricetag down to the penny, but shit, people on this board were pointing out the insanity of Trump's $12mm estimate the day he made it.  Because anyone who has even the SLIGHTEST grasp of logistics, and understands the equipment being moved, and the manpower to move it, man it, and return it, not to mention the local costs of staging such an event, knew that Trump's estimate was WAY off.  

The cost could be $75 million.  It could be $110 million.  It could be dead-on at $92 million.  The point is that instead of costing $12mm, the true cost is "a metric shit ton of money."

So, in summary, fuck off, troll.

wrong, your rebuttal was incredibly stupid, as is your dorky overly verbose daily routine. All of a sudden you are a military logistical expert? lmao.  I'm simply questioning the bloated number and you are defending it with no evidence. You lose! 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 13

20 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

wrong, your rebuttal was incredibly stupid, as is your dorky overly verbose daily routine. All of a sudden you are a military logistical expert? lmao.  I'm simply questioning the bloated number and you are defending it with no evidence. You lose! 

Fuck off, troll.  I know about the logistics of moving shit a lot smaller and less complex than fucking tanks, and it's expensive as fuck.

You're a shitty troll.

21 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

don't be a hyper dork.  These are valid questions that are questioning Pentagon numbers. 

How does one "hyper dork" exactly? And the questions themselves are supposed to be questioning the Pentagon? Because I was under the impression that an abstract concept was incapable of actually performing such feats in the material world. Now if you have evidence to support your claim that a question can infact question something instead of itself be the question posed by someone else as pondered in their mind, then by all means please regale us with this evidence.

As far as your supposition that you feel you are the sole authority to audit the metropolitan area of Washington DC and/or the United states military, well... I have some bad, bad news for you Mr. Orca.

25 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

it's not going to move itself.   I could organize this parade for like $3mil easy, aside from my $750k consulting fee. 

I'm going to have to see a detailed audit to believe it.  Don't blindly accept whatever the some guy on the internet says, especially regarding dollars. 

Edited by Js1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck off, troll.  I know about the logistics of moving shit a lot smaller and less complex than fucking tanks, and it's expensive as fuck.

You're a shitty troll.

I bet it’s not as hard/complex as getting the synapses to fire in Orca’s thick skull. 

37 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

This is exactly how Aggies on Texags generate mythologies and lies about tu. "tu hates soldiers." "Didn't they throw urine on Vietnam veterans?" "That's what I heard." "They did it at their stadium." Then it becomes a fact that nobody ever bothers to examine never mind research.

Where would the urine come from? Does the vile tu perpetrator piss into a container on the spot or does the evil-doer keep a vial of his own urine on his person at all times in case a Vietnam veteran should be identified nearby?

Hurling urine would likely create collateral damage around the target. How might a group of people respond to being sprinkled with urine while watching a football game? How would the perpetrator survive?

With you, it's "I don't think cops get paid overtime." "Moving equipment should not be that expensive." "The numbers are garbage." The mayor must be lying. At best, you bumble along grasping your ill-supported conclusion until your intellectual betters inform you of things you could have easily discovered yourself. 

At worst, you'll just move onto another issue where you'll muse out loud, reach an erroneous conclusion then move along again. In this scenario, you're disingenuous. 

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're a shitty troll.

I can think of trials involving less than a dozen people that cost almost as much as his parade estimate. 

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're a shitty troll.

is that best you can do? Yeah, driving a Uhaul makes you an expert. You are a massive dork that spends all his workday on the computer, bored with his work, still unethically billing clients for time here. Shame on you. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 19

19 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

is that best you can do? Yeah, driving a Uhaul makes you an expert. You are a massive dork that spends all his workday on the computer, bored with his work, still unethically billing clients for time here. Shame on you. 

Image result for triggered

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Shamu?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I remain amazed at how massive the Deep State truly is.  At this point we shouldn't believe a damn thing coming from anyone associated with the Pentagon, FBI, CIA, NSA, or DIA.  Bunch of fuckin' libtards.

The Dork State? It's hyper deep.

• Like 1

I'm sure they could save a ton by letting trumpsters volunteer to drive the nuke cars through D.C. and to pitch in a few bucks for gas.  Who needs soldiers?  Trumpsters are the real heroes for saving our cuntry with their informed votes. 

Image result for trump truck driver

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1