Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

so questioning the Pentagon math, which was already on the thread, makes me Pro-Trump? lmao , it's actually anti Trump since he's the CIC and it's part of the thread already. 

The fucking fuel to transport the military equipment that Trump requested would cost over 3 million dollars, by the way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/climate/trump-clean-power-rollback.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

The Trump administration next week plans to formally propose a vast overhaul of climate change regulations that would allow individual states to decide how, or even whether, to curb carbon dioxide emissions from coal plants, according to a summary of the plan and details provided by three people who have seen the full proposal.

The plan would also relax pollution rules for power plants that need upgrades. That, combined with allowing states to set their own rules, creates a serious risk that emissions, which had been falling, could start to rise again, according to environmentalists.

The proposal, which President Trump is expected to highlight Tuesday at a rally in West Virginia, amounts to the administration’s strongest and broadest effort yet to address what the president has long described as a regulatory “war on coal.” It would considerably weaken what is known as the Clean Power Plan, former President Barack Obama’s signature regulation for cutting planet-warming emissions at coal-fired plants.

On 8/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, InkaUtexas said:

And it would be a fun fight to watch. McRaven has widespread support within all branches. If more and more retired officers start speaking up this is going to get very interesting. Perhaps Trump has a parade and no one shows up. 

636205334142144163-AFP-AFP-KG37Y.jpg

Why not get out and shake everyones hand?  Should not have taken that long. 

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

To be fair to @Orca of Peace I believe that 100 mil for the inauguration personell cost might have included hiring Toby Keith AND Three Doors Down...

Hey Ted for some strange reason it’s really important to me that you learn how to spell ‘personnel’ properly.

Sincerely,

DNHC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At what point do these companies affected by all these roll backs on environmental laws decide to hold off on retooling because they aren't too sure the rollbacks will stick?   Say if a company went out and dumped a bunch of toxic trash somewhere because Trump's EPA relaxed the laws, could they later be held accountable for it?

Same if not more so for the auto makers.  You gotta know they are debating hot and heavy what to do.   It's not like these companies can throw a switch and go from light compliance to more severe compliance.   

You know though there is someone who is making big donations to Trump to get these laws relaxed, and gonna make hay while the sun shines.   

57 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Hey Ted for some strange reason it’s really important to me that you learn how to spell ‘personnel’ properly.

Sincerely,

DNHC

To be honest, it’s been a struggle my whole life. I’m working on it and I appreciate your concern.  That being said, let’s get back to Orca now.... please.   

At what point do these companies affected by all these roll backs on environmental laws decide to hold off on retooling because they aren't too sure the rollbacks will stick?   Say if a company went out and dumped a bunch of toxic trash somewhere because Trump's EPA relaxed the laws, could they later be held accountable for it?
Same if not more so for the auto makers.  You gotta know they are debating hot and heavy what to do.   It's not like these companies can throw a switch and go from light compliance to more severe compliance.   
You know though there is someone who is making big donations to Trump to get these laws relaxed, and gonna make hay while the sun shines.   

There are no new coal fired generation plants being built that I’m aware of. And the ones that were scheduled to be shut down...are still being shut down.

Businesses are NOT betting on Trump rhetoric rollbacks to be in place long term. Because they won’t be, because every sane adult knows they’re bad policy.

4 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Yes...the master of puppets. 

I took it to be an allusion to The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. It was a Cold War-era novel about an invasion by alien parasites that took over people's minds. Some similarity to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, mostly in its allegory of Communist infiltration. 

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

No worries, the market system will keep them from polluting or exploiting child labor or colluding with similar companies to fix higher prices. Trust them.

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I took it to be an allusion to The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. It was a Cold War-era novel about an invasion by alien parasites that took over people's minds. Some similarity to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, mostly in its allegory of Communist infiltration. 

4Dah.gif

• Like 2

The US president has an official enemies list, and he's targeting intelligence officials based on their participation in/support of the Russia investigation.

We also lock immigrant children in cages and treat them poorly, but no one talks about that anymore.

The White House has drafted documents revoking the security clearances of current and former officials whom President Trump has demanded be punished for criticizing him or playing a role in the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to senior administration officials.

Trump wants to sign “most if not all” of them, said one senior White House official, who indicated that communications aides, including press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Bill Shine, the newly named deputy chief of staff, have discussed the optimum times to release them as a distraction during unfavorable news cycles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former-intelligence-officials-rebuke-trump-for-pulling-brennans-security-clearance/2018/08/17/ea8382f2-a20d-11e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?utm_term=.9098606eafd4

This Dossier conspiracy theory is one of the worst PR defense strategies of all time.

When the Dossier came out, very few thought it was legit.  It was dead in the water until Trump and the Republicans resurrected it six months later and have continued to breathe life into it this day.

That is a shitload of effort to undermine a “fake” document.

AP source: Omarosa has audio, video, text, emails.

Spoiler

Kyle Griffin: The Omarosa tapes, according to NYT, have rattled the W.H. in a way few things other than Mueller's investigation have. Trump's aides have been concerned that they'll make appearances on other tapes, of which Omarosa is believed to have as many as 200.

Spoiler

200 tapes, as well as video, text, and emails ??

Recall the rumors there was a 'mole' in the WH ?  With this level of information gathering, she might qualify as that person.  With the sheer volume and multimedia nature, seems like she likely had to have some professional help with the tech.  The audio that's been produced is high quality compared to say, the muffled sounds of Michael Cohen's poorly pointed smartphone.  

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

edit 1: Retracted in shame. I've become too amused by my occasional mom jokes.

edit 2:Well, since Mojo kindly tossed me some rep, I'll indulge myself.

I posted from a broad last night: your mother.

solid mom joke.  I'll allow it.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Omarosa talk not going away. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad she has the White House shitting themselves but the palace intrigue stuff is a sideshow.  Kinda like the Scott Pruitt lotion and mattress scandals.

There are much bigger fish to fry than anything Omarosa could deliver.

I get your point, however her tape of Lara Trump involving the bribe to remain silent after being fired is likely evidence of a felony.  Helping to send Eric's wife to the pen is a little more than palace intrigue.

24 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I get your point, however her tape of Lara Trump involving the bribe to remain silent after being fired is likely evidence of a felony.  Helping to send Eric's wife to the pen is a little more than palace intrigue.

I don’t think it’s a smoking gun for Lara Trump but it certainly turns intense scrutiny on those that are currently working for the Trump campaign.  Also those working in the campaign appointed to cushy government jobs in exchange for silence.

Big fish like Brad Parscale come to mind.