Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

18 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That's entertainment!

18 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dk48e9SUYAEC1QB?format=jpg&name=medium

This really says it all about cable news beating something to death. It's depressing to see such an accurate graphic. How many anchors and how many different panels of experts kept opining on the impact Omarosa on consecutive shows?

It's lazy and vain. It's easy to round up the usual suspects (more color if there is an African American aspect!) to talk it to death. It's pure vanity to think your own analysis is essential for the poor dumb viewers to watch. 

Go find some fucking news. Is there a Pentagon boondoggle to expose? Anybody updated how vulnerable our ports are and what we're doing about it? 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Brennan said something during his interview that I was unaware of. That the “Russians/Wikileaks went after her emails” (I assume he meant to say Podesta/DNC) the same day that Trump made the comments during his press conference regarding her emails/server and if Russia could get them.

Can’t believe they are still trotting Giuliani out there.

Bill Moyers' timeline show a lot of those coincident events

https://investigaterussia.org/timelines/everything-we-know-about-russia-and-president-trump

More from Rudy this morning:

THE WEEKLY RUDY ... RUDY GIULIANI to CHUCK: "Truth isn't truth." CHUCK responds: "This is going to become a bad meme."

-- GIULIANI: "Well, because the meeting was originally for the purpose of getting information about, about Clinton. The meeting turned into a meeting..." TODD: "Which in itself is attempted collusion. I understand..."

GIULIANI: "No it's not." TODD: "You just said it. The meeting was intended to get dirt on Hillary Clinton from a criminal lawyer." GIULIANI: "No, it wasn't." TODD: "That was the intention of the meeting, you just said it."

GIULIANI: "That was the original intention of the meeting. It turned out to be a meeting about another subject and it was not pursued at all. And, of course, any meeting with regards to getting information on your opponent is something any candidate's staff would take. If someone said, I have information about your opponent, you would take that meeting."

My grandfather had Alzheimer’s, and he could play golf until about a year before he died.  Mind you, I’m not sure he knew what sport he was playing, but I’ll be damned if he didn’t stripe it down the middle of the fairway about 150 yds most of the time.
Your grandfather clearly had not used up his finite supply of energy.
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Chuck Todd does suck though.  

Every goddamn democrat running for office:  

Chuck Todd:  “Are you going to vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker?”

Me:  WHO FUCKING CARES? 

and he fucked up in the Giuliani interview by not throwing the Don Jr emails in Rudy’s face when he said they had no idea the Russians were working for the Kremlin.

The problem Chuck faces, and has acknowledged,  is that if he challenges Republicans too hard, they won't come on his show or talk to him.  

56 minutes ago, retread said:

Must be quite a feeling to know you can spew all manner of inanity and the masses will lap it up.

Trump couldn't get enough inanity out there on his own, so he brought Rudy aboard to help. Lie and confuse. Muddy the waters. Discredit people who are genuinely credible. 

I think identifying Trump as demented is too kind. He's competent. He knows what he is doing and he's healthy enough to play golf and move around. 

I'm all for putting him in a small room in place that provides three meals a day whence he can't leave. But it wouldn't be assisted living.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

It's Sunday morning in Trump's America, and 80% of Republicans -- our fellow Americans -- approve of this piece of shit President we have.

Still think this is a misleading stat since Republican's have to be shrinking.  And really what undermines everything is Independents which can't favor the orange fungus in power.  The fact that more people are now interested in local politics is not a favorable sign for the Republicans.

Todd needed to be better prepared there... giving Rudi a platform to spew nonsense and not being able to directly contradict his “points” with known facts is inexcusable. I blame his producers as well... the host can’t always think on his feet with everything going on, and they needed to be in his ear in that moment.

• Like 2

The good thing is that “Truth isn’t the truth” isn’t Orwellian.  Here’s the proof:

(1) Truth is not the truth.

(2) It is the truth that the statement “Truth isn’t the Truth” is Orwellian.

(3) By (1) and (2): that the statement “Truth isn’t the truth” is Orwellian is not the truth. 

QED

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Trump was in Trump Tower when the Russia meeting happened, but I'm sure he had no idea it was going down or was informed of it afterwards.

I’m sure those Russians didn’t come all that way just to meet with Fredo and Kushner.

No way they left Trump Tower without getting a word in with the big man himself.

Think about how eager Don Jr was to work with the Russians.  You know he absolutely did everything possible to get what the Russians had on Hillary.  They were desperate to get an advantage.  I have little doubt Trump was all in on this opportunity as well.

9thdli.jpg

Bill Clinton's definition of "is" is a high bar, but "truth isn't truth" blows it out of the water.
Everything about this administration is an amateurish joke.
Well done, Republicans. 

Truth isn't the truth. Alternative facts. What little gem will they come up with next when they're caught lying?

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” 

Just capturing these to put the admin’s “greatest hits” in one place.

Seriously, someday, the book(s) on just the insanely Orwellian path of this admin will be FASCINATING. I mean, presuming we still have printing presses and whatnot when all this is over.

Just the straight-up lying, deception, and Orwellian manipulation - we don’t even have to touch on any substantive matters of policy, just the tactics alone - are a perfect bookend for the functioning republic. We don’t ever recover from this. Once you go down this path, it’s over.

Meh, nothing to see here.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-abdullah-jordan-israeli-prime-minister-mohammed-1f25b582-30db-4e09-b293-77d4251d1cca.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

President Trump told King Abdullah of Jordan that a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict might lead in a few years to someone named Mohammed becoming prime minister of Israel, according to several sources briefed on the meeting.

Why it matters: The White House "peace team" is still discussing when and how to launch the Trump administration's peace plan. It's still unclear whether the plan is based on a two-state solution or on a different paradigm. Trump has said he would support whatever solution the parties can agree to. His remarks to the King of Jordan, made in their White House meeting on June 25, might suggest he thinks a one-state solution is a threat to the future of Israel as a Jewish state.

On August 2nd, King Abdullah hosted French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian in Amman. During the meeting, the king briefed the French minister on his meeting with Trump a month earlier. French diplomats told me about the king's description of that meeting.

The king said he warned Trump during their meeting in June that "many young Palestinians don’t want the two-state solution anymore, but would rather live together with the Israelis in one state with equal rights for all." The king added he told Trump: "The result will be that Israel will lose its Jewish character".

The king told the French foreign minister Trump answered sarcastically — half joking, half serious: "What you say makes sense. … [In a one-state scenario,] the prime minister of Israel in a few years will be called Mohammed".

The king said he stressed to Trump that, in order for the peace plan to be acceptable, it must be presented first to the relevant European and Arab states in order to get their input, and complained that this still hasn’t happened.

Some Don McGahn news from the past:

White House counsel Don McGahn was interviewed by special counsel Robert Muller's team just hours before former national security adviser Michael Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Who remembers exactly what Yates testified that McGahn told her when she reported her concerns to him about Flynn?

Yates: “Why does it matter to DOJ if one WH official lies to another?" WH Counsel Don McGahn

This was almost a year ago:

Don McGahn almost resigned over concerns about Trump-Kushner meetings

http://www.businessinsider.com/don-mcgahn-almost-resigned-over-concerns-about-trump-kushner-meetings-russia-probe-2017-9

This is from May 2016

McGahn and Trump go waaaay back https://www.newsweek.com/other-donald-behind-donald-trump-457514

From June 2018

White House counsel Don McGahn recused his entire staff last summer from working on the Russia investigation because many of his office’s lawyers played significant roles in key episodes at the center of the probe, former White House attorney Ty Cobb said on Wednesday.

McGahn made the decision to halt his staff’s interactions with Special Counsel Robert Mueller because many of his own attorneys “had been significant participants” surrounding the firings of national security adviser Michael Flynn and FBI Director James Comey, Cobb said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/13/mcgahn-mueller-russia-probe-recusal-white-house-counsel-643709

Don McGahn is a POS and way smarter than Trump’s other attorneys.

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Watching Rudy on Meet the Press today, I couldn't think of anyone else in modern American history who has so thoroughly torched what was once a solid reputation. 

where did it go wrong for Rudy? I mean he was the man after 9/11...kind of a national figure that the country turned to. I havent kept up to tabs on him since he was no longer mayor, but when did he begin this downward spiral defending potential perjury for the POTUS? 

or as he always been a shithead?

Comey rips Giuliani pretty good in his book.

Comey was working in the SDNY when Giuliani was the federal prosecutor.  Comey says Rudy operated a lot like Trump.  He would take credit for everything, even stuff he had nothing to do with and you should never get in between Rudy and a microphone.

Basically, he was an asshole. 

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

This really says it all about cable news beating something to death. It's depressing to see such an accurate graphic. How many anchors and how many different panels of experts kept opining on the impact Omarosa on consecutive shows?

It's lazy and vain. It's easy to round up the usual suspects (more color if there is an African American aspect!) to talk it to death. It's pure vanity to think your own analysis is essential for the poor dumb viewers to watch. 

Go find some fucking news. Is there a Pentagon boondoggle to expose? Anybody updated how vulnerable our ports are and what we're doing about it? 

It's not news, it's a tv show. 

You should be similarly indignant that Weekly World News won't stop reporting on alien anal probes. 

Just watched the Dirty Money episode about him on Netflix.  Holy shit.  I genuinely do not understand how he has not been removed from office yet.  Brisket should definitely not watch.  it might actually send him all the way over the edge.

Nothing would surprise me. Imagine the most craven, self-absorbed, blend of incompetence and utter regard for the rule of law and any ethical norms....and then dial that up to 11, and you might be at the trump level.

45 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just watched the Dirty Money episode about him on Netflix.  Holy shit.  I genuinely do not understand how he has not been removed from office yet.  Brisket should definitely not watch.  it might actually send him all the way over the edge.

It should be required for all Americans to watch that. I sat there amazed that this con man is now president. He’s a straight up fucking con man that has left a trail of ruin in every one of his business ventures. 

47 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It should be required for all Americans to watch that. I sat there amazed that this con man is now president. He’s a straight up fucking con man that has left a trail of ruin in every one of his business ventures. 

Man, I don't think I have the stomach for it. Maybe I'll get up the gumption to watch it but I am so fucking tired of the fuckery. I hope karma is a mean Lorena Bobbit  type bitch. 

NEW:

President Trump’s lawyers do not know just how much the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, told the special counsel’s investigators during months of interviews, a lapse that has contributed to a growing recognition that an early strategy of full cooperation with the inquiry was a potentially damaging mistake.

The president’s lawyers said on Sunday that they were confident that Mr. McGahn had said nothing injurious to the president during the 30 hours of interviews. But Mr. McGahn’s lawyer has offered only a limited accounting of what Mr. McGahn told the investigators, according to two people close to the president.

That has prompted concern among Mr. Trump’s advisers that Mr. McGahn’s statements could help serve as a key component for a damning report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, which the Justice Department could send to Congress, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Mr. Trump’s lawyers realized on Saturday that they had not been provided a full accounting after The New York Times published an articledescribing Mr. McGahn’s extensive cooperation with Mr. Mueller’s office. After Mr. McGahn was initially interviewed by the special counsel’s office in November, Mr. Trump’s lawyers never asked for a complete description of what Mr. McGahn had said, according to a person close to the president.

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I've known that for many years. How did the rest of the country not know that? How many of his supporters only know him from his reality TV show?