Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Want to put money on him saying “Pocahontas” tonight at the rally? 

That’s what Warren wants.  Him to keep attacking her so she can draw attention with the counterpunch and take control of the narrative.

This isn’t her taking potshots at him lying or acting like an asshole.  This is her directly implicating his family members directly using White House ties to profit.  Even the simpletons in his base could understand such corruption. 

He will rail about Brennan, Omarosa, Mueller, the border, and Hillary   THe greatest hits.

But I do think she has a helluva counterpunch waiting in the wings if he does go after her.  

10 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Except that his supporters and apologists also largely operate at a fifth grade level of thinking.  They’re not embarrassed by it, it resonates with them.  

I think there are also a lot of them who don't pay attention to the tweets and try to keep his raving and drooling out of sight and out of mind. It's irresponsible but it's easier on their conscience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This isn’t her taking potshots at him lying or acting like an asshole.  This is her directly implicating his family members directly using White House ties to profit.  Even the simpletons in his base could understand such corruption. 

He will rail about Brennan, Omarosa, Mueller, the border, and Hillary   THe greatest hits.

But I do think she has a helluva counterpunch waiting in the wings if he does go after her.  

You’re overestimating his mental capacity. If anyone doesn’t publicly adore him, he will attack them. There isn’t any more thought put into his reactions.

Sure she didn't do much herself but she certainly ramped up rhetoric - she's a first lady, not someone who is actually in the govt in any capacity.  Almost every first lady has some BS save the whales type project...so I ask, when compared to other first ladies, which one has done worse? 
They can't all be like Princess Diana but at least do no harm.  The war on drugs has done far more harm, then good.  To regulate, educate, and tax marijuana etc would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives...

I disagree with your statement that “Nancy Reagan started the war on drugs” which is preposterous.

The scale of violence from cocaine and crack cocaine was unprecedented in American history. And in the 1980’s, the response to it was never going to be legalization. It was going to be some sort of War on Drugs.

What has made things tough are judicial decisions weakening bill of rights protections, neoliberal economic policies, privatization of prisons and a myriad of other things unrelated to Nancy’s PR campaign or even the War on Drugs.

But what does Melania have to do to unseat Nancy as worst first lady? She has to act as Trump’s brains to hide the fact that he has Alzheimer’s. Right now she’s complicit but not the mastermind.

I’d still put Melania as worst because she’s a poor role model and in the context of her husband’s campaign against immigrants, a symbol of hypocrisy.

In his mind and that of the 30% that will support him no matter what, he wins by calling her Pocahontas. Never mind her thoroughly reasoned counter-punches about corruption and consumer protection or whatever. I'd bet anything he attacks her at the rally.

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You’re overestimating his mental capacity. If anyone doesn’t publicly adore him, he will attack them. There isn’t any more thought put into his reactions.

He backed off on Omarosa after she kept popping out tapes.  He doesn’t much go after Rachel Maddow anymore.  

Warren was hammering him yesterday, and he wasn’t churning out multiple tweets about her this morning. 

He prefers to attack people who won’t attack him back all that hard.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Perhaps you haven’t seen all of Warren’s tweets this morning.

And there are four other tweets I didn’t include.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Want to put money on him saying “Pocahontas” tonight at the rally? 

That’s what Warren wants.  Him to keep attacking her so she can draw attention with the counterpunch and take control of the narrative.

I’m not sure I’d bet against Trump for ultimately controlling media narrative, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I disagree with your statement that “Nancy Reagan started the war on drugs” which is preposterous.

The scale of violence from cocaine and crack cocaine was unprecedented in American history. And in the 1980’s, the response to it was never going to be legalization. It was going to be some sort of War on Drugs.

What has made things tough are judicial decisions weakening bill of rights protections, neoliberal economic policies, privatization of prisons and a myriad of other things unrelated to Nancy’s PR campaign or even the War on Drugs.

But what does Melania have to do to unseat Nancy as worst first lady? She has to act as Trump’s brains to hide the fact that he has Alzheimer’s. Right now she’s complicit but not the mastermind.

I’d still put Melania as worst because she’s a poor role model and in the context of her husband’s campaign against immigrants, a symbol of hypocrisy.

Nancy's campaign focused on Just Say No and other measures to teach kids to avoid drugs. Ronnie is the one who ramped up police force militarization for the war on drugs. Nancy's efforts were admirable.

Michelle's healthy lunch program was great too. Melania's anti bullying effort is half assed since she really dossnt give a shit about it and her husband is the textbook definition of bully.

Hillarys healthcare efforts were all worthwhile but ineffective compared to Nancy and Michelle.

The worst was a Second Lady, Tipper Gore, who went on a rampage against music and video games. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I really like Warren.  She's smart and she has America's best interests at heart.  She's also old and unfortunately unelectable for POTUS.

I like her too.  I hope she keeps this up.  She is doing it with taste and facts.  Will give Ds a new face and voice to rally behind.  Her and Beto.  She can override all the Pelosi animosity.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I really like Warren.  She's smart and she has America's best interests at heart.  She's also old and unfortunately unelectable for POTUS.

Elizabeth Warren is a fucking badass.  She’s smart and legitimately cares about the plight of the lower and middle classes. Trump and his ilk pretend to support the common man, but in fact merely appeal to their worst fears in a sleight-of-hand scapegoating trick designed to protect plutocrats.  Warren, by contrast, advocates policies that could actually help working Americans. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Elizabeth Warren is a fucking badass.  She’s smart and legitimately cares about the plight of the lower and middle classes. Trump and his ilk pretend to support the common man, but in fact merely appeal to their worst fears in a sleight-of-hand scapegoating trick designed to protect plutocrats.  Warren, by contrast, advocates policies that could actually help working Americans. 

yes and our country is simply too stupid and divided to pay attention to any of this, at all. 

and the fear stuff

and the stupid too. lots of that to go around. 

have a good Tuesday friends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I just can’t believe that those sorts of tweets are net positive for him. it seems like fewer people would be convinced by that than view that tweet as exposing his fifth grade level sophistication of thinking  and just sort of be embarrassed by it.  

"He talks like me."  

Apparently being educated means you're an elite liberal.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wasn’t the D.A.R.E. Program part of the war on drugs under Reagan?

That was a good program.

I learned a lot about drugs. 

There was a study done many years ago, and a follow up article in the New Republic if memory serves, that found that kids who went through the DARE program had higher rates of drug use than those who didn't.

51 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It helps that Trumps hands are so small that they can fit in the common man's pocket.  But he's not slight about it--he could shoot a man...blah...and not lose any voters.  They don't care. 

17 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

There was a study done many years ago, and a follow up article in the New Republic if memory serves, that found that kids who went through the DARE program had higher rates of drug use than those who didn't.

Good thing they didn't show them how to tie somebody off and shoot up. Now kids, you don't want to put an air bubble in the vein and always use your own needle. It's the one time it's important not to share.

46 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I can't speak to that study, but I can tell you with certainty that 100% of the people that wear DARE shirts do lots of drugs.

• Like 3

Nancy Reagan was not some naive innocent who just wanted kids to resist.  She was part and parcel of Ronnie's despicable attack on minority communities.  Never mind that "just say no" is the dumbest "strategy" possible, the assumption that she didn't support the hard core imprisonment of all drug offenders is just stupid.

Jesus Christ.  The way you people rewrite history is fucking mind-blowing.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Hmm, I may have to crawfish this back a little. I found the article: http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/NR_DARE_030397.html

But...

It was written by Stephen Glass, and the study I mentioned was only about MJ.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps you haven’t seen all of Warren’s tweets this morning.

And there are four other tweets I didn’t include.

Oh there is a lot more than that. She’s doing interviews and calling Trump out directly.  She’s going hard in the paint and throwing elbows and he’s not even flopping and crying for the refs.  

Ask yourself why the New Yorker is triggering him with claims he wants to revoke more security clearances, but he’s keeping silent on her providing easy-to-understand examples of his corruption. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh there is a lot more than that. She’s doing interviews and calling Trump out directly.  She’s going hard in the paint and throwing elbows and he’s not even flopping and crying for the refs.  

Ask yourself why the New Yorker is triggering him with claims he wants to revoke more security clearances, but he’s keeping silent on her providing easy-to-understand examples of his corruption. 

Fox and Friends didn't cover Elizabeth Warren's statements?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

The worst was a Second Lady, Tipper Gore, who went on a rampage against music and video games. 

Not as Second Lady, though. That was while she was a senator's wife and, while she was the ringleader, she had help from other Washington wives. It was stupid and ineffective and ultimately pretty harmless. Some artists even thanked her for helping them sell more albums. She did manage to get Frank Zappa to testify on Capitol Hill so there was that. I don't recall the PMRC addressing video games at all. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not as Second Lady, though. That was while she was a senator's wife and, while she was the ringleader, she had help from other Washington wives. It was stupid and ineffective and ultimately pretty harmless. Some artists even thanked her for helping them sell more albums. She did manage to get Frank Zappa to testify on Capitol Hill so there was that. I don't recall the PMRC addressing video games at all. 

Yup. I totally blame her for the fact that Dee Snider still thinks he has a career.

• Haha 1