Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Has anyone observed that none of this matters?  He won't lose any support -- and most importantly, he won't lose ANY support in the Senate?  We could impeach him tomorrow, and the Senate will never, ever, ever convict him?  Cuz I just want to bookmark that sentiment for the record, pollyanna that I am. 

Is it too early for me to break out the scotch?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Has anyone observed that none of this matters?  He won't lose any support -- and most importantly, he won't lose ANY support in the Senate?  We could impeach him tomorrow, and the Senate will never, ever, ever convict him?  Cuz I just want to bookmark that sentiment for the record, pollyanna that I am. 

tumblr_leygrtnRTu1qzu18ao1_400.gif

• Like 2

Buzzkill

In the worst case scenario, today still brings the "should I expatriate or not" question closer. The sooner we figure out whether it's time to bail, the better, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

Of course they should, but have you been paying attention?

I didnt say they would. I said they should. And frankly, from a strategy standpoint, how do you go into the midterms with a President who is an uni-indicted co-conspirator to commit felony federal election campaign violations? He can't campaign for anyone now. He is damaged goods. The rule of law is coming for Mr. Trump.

Cohen didn't need to "cooperate" outside of agreeing to name the President of the United States as a co-conspirator in a federal conspiracy to defraud the American voters, and unfairly and illegally influence the election. nah, i think that works just fine.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

More over, the Senate will just rush to confirm Kavanaugh even sooner. 

His tweets right now aren’t the potential for gold. No. That potential is tonight’s West Virginia speech, a fertile ground for obvious lies, self-incriminating gaffes, downright comedy, and a potential for some scary shit as a distraction  

I’d have to imagine his advisors’ angina is flaring up. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

"no collusion" about 5x. Like he's defensive. Also saying Manafort worked with Reagan and Dole so Trump was just doing as they did.

And not the initial intent of the Mueller investigation. Still a which hunt. Because Ken Starr started the Clinton investigation wondering if Clinton got a blow job in the oval office.

Edited by sachick

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Predicted Glenn Greenwald hot take:

“Yes Trump should be held accountable, but he committed campaign finance crimes while in a non-interventionist mindset and this has all the marking of an endless war deep state coup”

It's going to be somewhat fun to watch their excuses devolve as they grasp further at straws and slowly turn into a corn cob.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I follow their news on my phone and it's fucking amazing how they protect him.  Like none of the worst shit a garbage president has done for the last 40 years is worth reporting on.

Edited by Bullneck

9 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

His tweets right now aren’t the potential for gold. No. That potential is tonight’s West Virginia speech, a fertile ground for obvious lies, self-incriminating gaffes, downright comedy, and a potential for some scary shit as a distraction  

I’d have to imagine his advisors’ angina is flaring up. 

They are going to be cheering him on no matter what, which means, in his head, that he can start coming up with all kinds of crazy shit.

Yeah, it's going to be awesome, and we just over an hour away from it.

Just now, Bullneck said:

Manafort and Cohen on one day.  I'm so happy.  Light at the end of the tunnel

That light is the Trump train.  There's no stopping it.  And we're all aboard it, whether we want to be or not.  

There's no end to the trip for any of us except this:

BronzeCircularGlowworm-small.gif

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I follow their news on my phone and it's fucking amazing how they protect him.  Like none of the worst shit a garbage president has done for the last 40 years isn't worth reporting on.

On the website, they appear to be going hard on the Manafort stuff, and ignoring Cohen.  Good strategy, since they can claim the Manafort stuff had nothing to do with Trump.

LMAO, the guy on fox news can't believe we're talking about Manafort/Cohen.  Hahaha

...then they cut to an illegal immigrant who killed someone.  The beauty of FoxNews is their viewers are so stupid/demented they have to very clearly spell out the talking points.  Fucking awesome. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

That light is the Trump train.  There's no stopping it.  And we're all aboard it, whether we want to be or not.  

Your endless refrain is a beating and it’s contrary to all measurable data. Generic Ds are plus maybe-double-digits.  Two crooks are going to jail.  His negatives are baked in.  

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

while unfortunate, its a hell of a lot better than the Trump train barreling down the train tracks.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Your endless refrain is a beating and it’s contrary to all measurable data. Generic Ds are plus maybe-double-digits.  Two crooks are going to jail.  His negatives are baked in.  

Trump will remain in power.  He will have ALL of the power of the office.  Not only will he be unimpeded by the Senate, he will be actively protected by them.  So, I ask, what do we the people get out of this?  Now we KNOW that Trump is a criminal?  Yay, fat lot of good that does us.

Summary:

We will have a clear and obviously deranged criminal, who puts his own criminal interests ahead of the country's, in the White House for at least two more years.

He will remain bulletproof, because the GOP Senate will be his kevlar, and will protect him from any and all impediments and harm.

That's really, really bad shit.  And there's no getting around it.  Our system has failed, because the failsafe of impeachment will fail.  Our parachute to use in case of emergency?  Its lines have been cut.  The Republic goes "splat" at the end.  The Republic is dead.  And the GOP killed it.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Can someone tell me why the FBI can"t just show up at the WH with an arrest warrant?

Because they can't.  And we don't want a system where they can.

Impeachment is the only mechanism to remove a president from office.

The Senate will never convict on articles of impeachment.

So none of this matters.