Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

27 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Its absolutely by design.

Perhaps. But I don’t think the designers expected this type of blowback. They have miscalculated and are scrambling. 

Trump is opposed by all sorts of factions, both for the good and from the evil who helped make him exist in the first place. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Just Say No" was her personal smokescreen . . . she was a big push on Ronnie's war on drugs, which was devastating to the minority community.

I think that's a bit unfair.  Bush was the driving force behind getting the military and CIA involved in the War on Drugs.  Nancy was just responsible for the stupid phrase.

4 hours ago, sachick said:

I'm going to need video/audio of him doing this. I still remember being in Denver for a summer internship and being told "wow, you don't have an accent at all even though you're Mexican."

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Every day I think that Trump can't top himself, then he goes out and does it. 

The damned of it is that the agent speaks English better than Trump does. 

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Trump presidency will go down as the greatest international troll job of all time.

Everyday is another embarrassment. 

What is presently the greatest international troll job of all time, out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I think that's a bit unfair.  Bush was the driving force behind getting the military and CIA involved in the War on Drugs.  Nancy was just responsible for the stupid phrase.

Meh - there was a LOT of traction by the time Bush I got to taking it further.  I don't think she was a bad person but just goes to show you really need to know what you're talking about on a high level before taking up a pet cause that puts hundreds of thousands of people in jail for long terms...

Nah - prenups hold up if you dump someone too fast.  And you can bet Trump's ass had an airtight one - the air starts to go after you've had kids (Barron) and it's been more time.  Then even with a pretty solid prenup she'll get good money.  She's still biding her time.  She's a me first person for sure, but not nearly as stupid as many think.  She tends to keep her mouth shut - that right there puts her pretty far ahead of all the other bozos surrounding the orange turd.  She also may or may not be trolling the dotard, but either way she doesn't toe the line on all his BS like everyone else in the inner orbit.  

Motherfucker’s lawyer was Michael Cohen, and you think his prenup was airtight? Give yourself a drug test, Doc.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Motherfucker’s lawyer was Michael Cohen, and you think his prenup was airtight? Give yourself a drug test, Doc.

A good prenup is basically copy and paste off other rich people's prenups...I'm fairly certain Trump's man is good at that type of bullshit.  This isn't like trying a high end case in court.  I'm sure it has all kinds of bullshit language in it.  As I said, prenups lose their value after kids and a longer relationship...my thinking is this is where Melania's people have her sticking around. 

Do you really think if it was some flimsy prenup that wouldn't hold up...she'd still be around?  Hell no...she would get out while some of that sweet Russian money is still in their fucking bank accounts. 

No way in hell. Nancy Reagan started the 'War on Drugs' bullshit to lock up black people all over for selling a couple oz of pot.  That was far more damaging.  

Yeah I’m going to have to disagree with you there, old sport. Much like the story of the Russian peasants believing the visiting doctors caused the plague, Nancy Reagan’s PR campaign did not cause the drug war, nor the pipeline to prison. Her innocuous campaign was merely a symptom of the law and order reaction to cocaine and crack cocaine that was already decimating cities.

I’d wager that Charles Bronson (Death Wish) and Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) did more to fuel the overcompensation of law and order than Nancy Reagan’s stupid drug campaign. And #1 cause of the law and order laws was crack cocaine itself and the violence created by its meteoric popularity.

Of course, we also heard revisionist history about Hillary Clinton’s role in demonizing gang members as super-predators, which by the way, they fucking were. Before that time, we had a murder a day in San Antonio. The crime rate was high. At that time we needed Charles Bronson and Dirty Harry.

Try walking around Times Square at 3am in 1983 and telling your would-be muggers how Nancy Reagan’s Just Say No campaign was causing their pipeline to prison.

14 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Yeah I’m going to have to disagree with you there, old sport. Much like the story of the Russian peasants believing the visiting doctors caused the plague, Nancy Reagan’s PR campaign did not cause the drug war, nor the pipeline to prison. Her innocuous campaign was merely a symptom of the law and order reaction to cocaine and crack cocaine that was already decimating cities.

I’d wager that Charles Bronson (Death Wish) and Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) did more to fuel the overcompensation of law and order than Nancy Reagan’s stupid drug campaign. And #1 cause of the law and order laws was crack cocaine itself and the violence created by its meteoric popularity.

Of course, we also heard revisionist history about Hillary Clinton’s role in demonizing gang members as super-predators, which by the way, they fucking were. Before that time, we had a murder a day in San Antonio. The crime rate was high. At that time we needed Charles Bronson and Dirty Harry.

Try walking around Times Square at 3am in 1983 and telling your would-be muggers how Nancy Reagan’s Just Say No campaign was causing their pipeline to prison.

Sure she didn't do much herself but she certainly ramped up rhetoric - she's a first lady, not someone who is actually in the govt in any capacity.  Almost every first lady has some BS save the whales type project...so I ask, when compared to other first ladies, which one has done worse? 

They can't all be like Princess Diana but at least do no harm.  The war on drugs has done far more harm, then good.  To regulate, educate, and tax marijuana etc would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives...

• Like 1

It's just a matter of time before Obama loses his security clearance as well:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/john-brennans-choice-to-confront-trump

At the time, some of Trump’s most fervent supporters in the White House saw former Obama Administration officials as powerful enemies who threatened the new President’s rule, and they agitated for punishing them by revoking their security clearances. The idea was rebuffed by the national-security adviser at the time, H. R. McMaster, who signed a memo extending the clearances of his predecessors at the N.S.C., Republicans and Democrats alike. As Trump stepped up his public and private attacks on Obama, some of the new President’s advisers thought that he should take the extraordinary step of denying Obama himself access to intelligence briefings that were made available to all of his living predecessors. Trump was told about the importance of keeping former Presidents, who frequently met with foreign leaders, informed. In the end, Trump decided not to exclude Obama, at the urging of McMaster.

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is actually something I learned in the Dirty Money episode I talked about earlier: that there are a shit ton of people who just want to be told something, anything, to make them feel better about their wretched existences.  I think growing up in the bubble of Austin insulated me from a lot of realities about living in rural America.  A whole lot of our country is void of opportunity and full of extremely poorly educated people.  I'm convinced this all stems from a lack of education and I'm not convinced that it isn't by design on some level.

Don't forget television programming.   They didn't call it the idiot box for nothing.

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Seems like an airtight prenup would be motivation for her to want him to win the presidency. Then she has leverage. 

'Maybe I divorce you before election, Donald. Maybe I tell them you know about Russia meeting. Maybe we tear up prenuptial agreement, yes?'

nah he’s got it covered. had her sign an nda. 

• Like 1

I just can’t believe that those sorts of tweets are net positive for him. it seems like fewer people would be convinced by that than view that tweet as exposing his fifth grade level sophistication of thinking  and just sort of be embarrassed by it.  

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Talk me through your thought process there...

He can draw attention to the dossier, because it has some outlandish claims that cannot be proven at this time, and it’s easy for him to repeatedly try and discredit it. 

His base is not fond of Ivanka and Jared to begin with, and he knows it, and drawing attention to something that’s very easy to prove is not a good move. 

He maybe a dumbass, but he’s playing his base fairly carefully. 

39 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I just can’t believe that those sorts of tweets are net positive for him. it seems like fewer people would be convinced by that than view that tweet as exposing his fifth grade level sophistication of thinking  and just sort of be embarrassed by it.  

Except that his supporters and apologists also largely operate at a fifth grade level of thinking.  They’re not embarrassed by it, it resonates with them.  

4 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

A Blue Wave means a check on your craziness and survival of our country. A Red Wave means more corruption and you and hero Putin wins and destroys our country

A blue wave doesn't mean either.  A:  you have the House and Senate now and can't get your dumb ass wall funded. B:  The Democrats won't have veto-proof majorities to pass "OpEn BoRdErS" and get past a veto.

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He can draw attention to the dossier, because it has some outlandish claims that cannot be proven at this time, and it’s easy for him to repeatedly try and discredit it. 

His base is not fond of Ivanka and Jared to begin with, and he knows it, and drawing attention to something that’s very easy to prove is not a good move. 

Want to put money on him saying “Pocahontas” tonight at the rally? 

That’s what Warren wants.  Him to keep attacking her so she can draw attention with the counterpunch and take control of the narrative.

Even more to the point - he is a coward who won’t take heat for anyone else. This includes his daughter and son in law. He’d throw them under the bus just as soon as anyone else who isn’t DJT.