Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something is up with the press because a year ago we were getting blockbuster reporting on the Russia investigation mostly from the NYT, WaPo, & Natasha B but now it’s like radio silence.

We still have so many missing pieces:

what really went down in the Trump Tower meeting, unsettled stuff in the Dossier like Michael Cohen’s activities in Prague, the details of the NRA Russia scandal, how the fuck is Elliott Broidy still a free man?, Erik Prince, Nader, Seychelles, Kushner.  

Just asking questions.

That little graph you posted at the top of the page?  That is part of your answer.

Omarosa and the other stuff is more entertaining, and more easily digestible than some of the other stuff.  Media gotta pay the bills.  

But I think they are sitting on a lot of stuff as well for whatever reason.  Perhaps waiting until the cases/indictments/etc. drop.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

That little graph you posted at the top of the page?  That is part of your answer.

Omarosa and the other stuff is more entertaining, and more easily digestible than some of the other stuff.  Media gotta pay the bills.  

But I think they are sitting on a lot of stuff as well for whatever reason.  Perhaps waiting until the cases/indictments/etc. drop.

Rumor circulating around DC is that when Mueller releases his report to the Justice Dept, Trump will try to bury it so congress doesn't see it.

3 hours ago, Patron said:

Rumor circulating around DC is that when Mueller releases his report to the Justice Dept, Trump will try to bury it so congress doesn't see it.

Yeah, that’s not going to happen.  Let me rephrase... Trump will try to bury it, but no way in hell something that important doesn’t get seen by everyone and their dog.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, that’s not going to happen.  Let me rephrase... Trump will try to bury it, but no way in hell something that important doesn’t get seen by everyone and their dog.

Oh I agree that will not happen, but procedural process actually gives that avenue a possible cover in trump talking points. I think the media could be keeping their powder dry for that battle.

Edited by Patron

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Considering that he raped his first wife, I'd say Melania doesn't have it that bad.

I like how John Dean is considered a “RAT” by Trump.  Really shows where his allegiances are.

Also, I’m still wondering how a witch hunt can be rigged. 

ETA:  And he really went “What about” on a list on nonpartisan patriots.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

By the way, he’s got like a half-dozen tweets so far this morning. Something is dropping soon. 

Meh, he does this every weekend but let’s speculate anyway.

My guess is developments on the obstruction of justice front.  It was reported sometime in the Spring that Mueller was looking to have a report on obstruction of justice completed and released sometime during the summer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/mueller-trump-obstruction-of-justice-report-could-be-damaging-2018-4

The only unfinished business is a Trump interview and it’s obvious Trump will fight that tooth and nail even if subpoena’d.

The big question has been “will Mueller subpoena Trump?” Well it’s getting late in the game and it looks like that road would lead to the Supreme Court.  

My speculation is Mueller will either submit a report to Rosenstein or subpoena Trump by Labor Day.

What Rosenstein would do with that report is also a question mark.  Would he pass it off to Bob Goodlatte of the House Judiciary Committee or would he go straight to the public with it? 

34 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If he were any one of our family members, he would have been put in full time assisted living many months ago due to his dementia/severe mental instability.  

He’s beyond dangerous already, but its going to take a complete, full blown, drag him off in a straight jacket, everyone left completely speechless type of meltdown on live TV for anybody to do anything.  And when it does, the Repliblicans will still excuse it, and his shitbag supporters and apologists will whatabout it away.  

21 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

If he were any one of our family members, he would have been put in full time assisted living many months ago due to his dementia/severe mental instability.  

He’s beyond dangerous already, but its going to take a complete, full blown, drag him off in a straight jacket, everyone left completely speechless type of meltdown on live TV for anybody to do anything.  And when it does, the Repliblicans will still excuse it, and his shitbag supporters and apologists will whatabout it away.  

He can still golf though, so there's that.

22 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

A bit off topic here,  no doubt we would WANT  to put a family member in a healthier and safe environment but getting that done when dealing with a personality like Trump is damn near impossible.  You can’t exactly convince them to cooperate.

“Perjury Trap” is the craziest shit I’ve ever heard.  Like it’s some nefarious ambush tactic to ask questions and expect and honest answer.  

You know how to easily avoid a perjury trap?  Don’t.  Fucking.  Lie.  It’s that easy. “Perjury Trap” is just liar speak for “Donald Trump is incapable of not lying.”

• Like 5

Giuliani could be so easily crossed on this “perjury trap” bullshit.  He was a federal prosecutor.  He questioned witnesses.  Was he employing the perjury trap?  If so, was he acting improperly? 

Also the idea that the President is being “rushed.”  At the same time, he’s demanding that Mueller wrap this up by September 1 and claiming Mueller is dragging his heels.  Well, which is it?  Is Mueller delaying or is he rushing Trump into a perjury trap?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would like to hear more about how Trump allowed McGahn and others to testify. 

Maybe he means that he did not assert executive privilege?  I’m not sure exactly how all of that works.  Also, did they actually testify, or just cooperate and sit down with:Mueller for interviews?

I will point out again that he has not allowed himself to interview, so not sure what he is bragging about.

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have no idea who this is, just saw it as a response on a Twitter feed. But an example of where we are today. Giuliani says something utterly ridiculous and it's Todd's fault. 

Chuck Todd does suck though.  

Every goddamn democrat running for office:  

Chuck Todd:  “Are you going to vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker?”

Me:  WHO FUCKING CARES? 

and he fucked up in the Giuliani interview by not throwing the Don Jr emails in Rudy’s face when he said they had no idea the Russians were working for the Kremlin.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

“Perjury Trap” is the craziest shit I’ve ever heard.  Like it’s some nefarious ambush tactic to ask questions and expect and honest answer.  

You know how to easily avoid a perjury trap?  Don’t.  Fucking.  Lie.  It’s that easy. “Perjury Trap” is just liar speak for “Donald Trump is incapable of not lying.”

Is Perjury Trap the Secret Service codeword for Trump’s mouth?

24 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have no idea who this is, just saw it as a response on a Twitter feed. But an example of where we are today. Giuliani says something utterly ridiculous and it's Todd's fault. 

Chuck Todd didn’t even bother pointing out that Rudy lied when he said the campaign didn’t know they were meeting with representatives of the Russian government. He was doing Rudy a solid allowing him to go on national television and spread his lies unchallenged, and Rudy couldn’t even muddle through the absolute minimum questions Todd had to ask to make it look like a legitimate fucking interview.

Brennan said something during his interview that I was unaware of. That the “Russians/Wikileaks went after her emails” (I assume he meant to say Podesta/DNC) the same day that Trump made the comments during his press conference regarding her emails/server and if Russia could get them.

Can’t believe they are still trotting Giuliani out there.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

He can still golf though, so there's that.

My grandfather had Alzheimer’s, and he could play golf until about a year before he died.  Mind you, I’m not sure he knew what sport he was playing, but I’ll be damned if he didn’t stripe it down the middle of the fairway about 150 yds most of the time.

20 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Can’t believe they are still trotting Giuliani out there.

I’m with you on this but the defense is, “He’s the attorney of the President of the United States.”

Really hard for a media outlet to deny him a platform and expect to avoid the wrath of the right/Trump playing the victim.

My grandfather had Alzheimer’s, and he could play golf until about a year before he died.  Mind you, I’m not sure he knew what sport he was playing, but I’ll be damned if he didn’t stripe it down the middle of the fairway about 150 yds most of the time.

Glen Campbell too