Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

34 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Every time I see this chick on TV I'm fucking amazed. I think she's from Mesquite or Forney or some shit like that. I actually remember her from when she used to run around the Dallas night club scene in the late 90s and early 00s. To see her rise to her current state really is a testament to the fact that all things are possible in America. Truly, even the most vapid and least talented among us have no ceiling as to what they can achieve. 

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.

47 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A coup?!  Please tell me that's where this is going!

No. Office Current officer
1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan (R)
3 President Pro Tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch (R)
4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R)
5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin (R)
6 Secretary of Defense James Mattis (I)

DGLClV7XgAEZHiX.jpg

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A coup?!  Please tell me that's where this is going!

I doubt it, but this is an interesting read. A bit dated. Author is pretty well regarded. 

Spoiler

Lieutenant Colonel Charles J. Dunlap, Jr., USAF, is the Deputy Staff Judge

Advocate, US Central Command, at MacDill AFB, Florida. He is a graduate of St.

Joseph’s University (Pa.), the Villanova University School of Law, and the Armed Forces

Staff College, and he is a Distinguished Graduate of the National War College, Class

of 1992. He has taught at the Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School, and served

tours in Korea and the United Kingdom. In 1987 he was a Circuit Military Judge, First

Judicial Circuit, and was subsequently assigned to the Air Staff in the Offce of the Judge

Advocates’ Association as the USAF’s Outstanding Career Armed Services Attorney of

1992. The present article is adapted from his National War College student paper that

was co-winner of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff 1991-92 Strategy Essay

Competition, in which students from all the senior service colleges compete.

https://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/parameters/articles/2010winter/Dunlap_Jr.pdf

1 hour ago, LongestHorn said:

I like that they are now going with the argument that Osama bin Laden is still alive to discredit McRaven.

I'm truly curious how some of you reconcile your scrot-worship of Trump with your previous respect of Adm. McRaven.  We are approaching beyond the pale.  

How do you look at Trump and McRaven, and think, "Oh yeah, that game show host is totally the guy of more integrity."  

Those comments. JFC. As a former teacher and current education researcher, I am not surprised by the sheer stupidity of the average American. I'm down for moving my family to Europe or a tiny island in the South Pacific if Trump is re-elected. My kids are yellow but look brown, so they'd be high on the list for removal.

On a positive note, it may be a good chance to talk my wife into being a sister-wife.

They say McRaven is obviously a liberal discrediting the POTUS and all respect and confidence they may have had for him is now gone.  And he has no one to blame but himself.  And if it is discovered McRaven is colluding to attempt a coup of a duly-elected POTUS, he will be arrested, tried, and hanged.  But it won't be discovered because if the liberals have reached the highest level of our elite commanders and IC, they have already reached the highest levels in the FBI and DOJ, including the 17 democrats already named by POTUS in his Twitter communications.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, I know it's been quoted, but I just wanted to save this utter gibberish for posterity:

Trumptweet.jpg

Here is an editorial which gives more info on recent and historical Turkey US disagreements(a lot to digest and of course opinion interspersed):

Last Friday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan published an op-ed in the New York Times outlining his country’s grievances toward the United States. The Turkish leader raised valid concerns about U.S. policy that genuinely vex Turkish leaders and citizens alike. Yet Erdogan only told half the story, leaving his readers to believe that Washington has victimized a reliable ally and partner. The United States has long had its own list of grievances, however—and it’s to the Trump administration’s credit that, unlike its predecessors, it finally seems to be doing something about it.

U.S. grievances include Ankara’s plans to buy the S-400 advanced air-defense system from Russia; because Turkey will both operate the F-35, the newest high-tech jet in the American military inventory, and depend on Russia for maintenance and spare parts for the S-400, Moscow will be in a position to glean valuable intelligence on how to detect the plane. The Turks have also complicated the U.S. fight against the self-declared Islamic State, first by forcing the United States to negotiate for a year over the use of Incirlik Air Base, and then through their incursion into northern Syria, targeting Washington’s Kurdish allies. Against this backdrop, President Erdogan himself threatened U.S. troops in Syria.

When it comes to Iran, Ankara has done everything possible to undermine U.S. policy, whether by negotiating a separate nuclear agreement or opposing and then helping Iran evade sanctions.

Then there is the detention of Pastor Andrew Brunson in Turkey since October 2016. This has become a flashpoint between the two countries this summer, especially after Ankara seemed to renege on a deal for his release. But Turkey is also holding between 15 and 20 U.S.-Turkish dual citizens—including a NASA scientist—on trumped-up terrorism charges. Three Turkish employees of the U.S. Embassy have also been arrested. They are being used as bargaining chips to force the United States to hand over Fethullah Gulen, a green card holder who Ankara accuses of masterminding the failed July 2016 coup, and/or to secure the release of a Turkish banker convicted in a New York court of aiding the elaborate scheme to help Tehran get around multilateral sanctions.

The sharp deterioration of relations between Washington and Ankara in the last week is only one of two crises enveloping Turkey at the moment. The Turkish lira is in a free fall as investors sell it off over concerns about economic mismanagement and uncertainty caused by the strain between the United States and Turkey. No doubt there are a lot of people in Washington busy developing three, five, and 10-point plans to save the Turkish economy and the U.S.-Turkey relationship. They are wasting their time; there is nothing for the United States to do.

Of course, the United States has an interest in a healthy Turkish economy, if only to prevent the meltdown of the lira from affecting other emerging markets’ currencies. That threat is somewhat diminished right now because investors are on vacation, but August will soon become September. To head off a deepening of their economic woes next month, the Turks have to want to help themselves, and it is not at all clear that’s the case—or that Erdogan’s political interests will let them. The president’s son-in-law, Berat Albayrak, who also happens to be Turkey’s minister of finance and treasury, has unveiled a plan that is fairly responsible. According to Bloomberg, Albayrak plans to pursue fiscal discipline, help companies most affected by the lira’s slide, and, contrary to rumors, the government will not seize foreign exchange deposits—good news for foreign investors. At the same, the minister stated that the volatility of the lira was unsupported by the underlying economic data, thus it is clear Turkey is under “attack by the biggest player of the global financial system.” He means the United States.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/08/13/trump-is-the-first-president-to-get-turkey-right/

5 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

I've tried to open the comments on about four different devices but can't get them to come up.  It's probably a good thing that they don't open.

5 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

They say McRaven is obviously a liberal discrediting the POTUS and all respect and confidence they may have had for him is now gone.  And he has no one to blame but himself.  And if it is discovered McRaven is colluding to attempt a coup of a duly-elected POTUS, he will be arrested, tried, and hanged.  But it won't be discovered because if the liberals have reached the highest level of our elite commanders and IC, they have already reached the highest levels in the FBI and DOJ, including the 17 democrats already named by POTUS in his Twitter communications.

The Sunday morning talking heads will be on blast.

That's Trump's fiscal policy on full display. Getting lambasted for a $90mm parade that even your supporters are turning against? Ok, cancel it. But let's go by some bitching jet fighters instead! So much for fiscal conservatism.

Although I'm laughing at the thought of him believing he can buy multiple fighter planes for $90mm.

• Like 4

Just imagine rotting in a Turkish prison and having your jailers show you that tweet. If the people in charge of torturing Christian Pastor are any good at their jobs, they've already framed that shit and have it hanging in his cell.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Just imagine rotting in a Turkish prison and having your jailers show you that tweet. If the people in charge of torturing Christian Pastor are any good at their jobs, they've already framed that shit and have it hanging in his cell.

Surprised he didn't end it with 'Oh Billy!'

• Like 1