Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Again, not totally out of the norm for the private sector.  Government workers truly are coddled.

Negged for illogic. 

Ada suffers in public sector.

However, Betty suffers in private sector.

Therefore, Ada is coddled.

You've evidently bought into the hate engine's campaign against civil servants. They're not real people. They're parasites whose promised pensions are underved. Stop coddling them.

If they don't like it, let them die and decrease the surplus population.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hold on a second - I don't want to fully cover the details of the substance of the email scandal, but it's important to remember that she did something illegal and tragicomically stupid for no good reason other than a combination of 

a) A long term aversion to transparency and indifference to common, basic standards covered in every required training at every level of government and 

b) An unwillingness to learn to use current technology tools or carry two devices for business and personal use. It's idiotic. 

That's completely different than a deranged and cruel conspiracy theory. A reasonable person would never buy into the Vince Foster BS. A reasonable person can and should question Clinton's ethics and even basic competence on the basis of the truth with regard to the email fiasco. 

So there's two ways she could have handled it. The more difficult way would be to own it and demonstrate authentic personal and organizational accountability, but the best way would be for it to have never happened.
The real problem with the email story wasn't the emails, you know. The real problem was that it was like a parable that illustrated every shortcoming that dogged her career. The sloppiness, the allergy to transparency, the double standards, the incompetence, the tin ear, the lack of accountibility, the inauthenticity, the incapacity to manage   a team, the uninentional errors - it's all there.  So the reason the email story blew up the way it did was that it fit the myth. We knew the story before we even heard it. Not because of the right wing media, but because of the subject matter she willingly and enthusiastically provides them.

I seem to remember her cooperating fully with the FBI including being questioned.  I also seem to remember her testifying publicly for countless hours without putting up a fight about it.  We get it, you hate her. 

It wasn't just the media, though - that was a self-inflicted problem, a comedy of errors that she allowed to spin out of control due to a combination of hubris, paranoia and her shocking ineptitude both as a politician and managing executive. Hillary Clinton did everything she could have done to make the email story seem as bad as possible. And as it turned out, it was disqualifying. 

Totally disagree. I still do not understand it. It's simply "busy work" and a little bit of IT kerfuffle.

By the way - I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I have, but everyone should read the politico story I linked above. Not only is it great reporting, but it's hilarious. 

I’d wager that at least 1/2 of congress does not know how to use a computer.  That is a huge problem and shows how out of touch and uninformed they really are.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Steel-Slats.jpeg?YEvw3uQYTH72Ca4t.shDHzt

we all realize that this image is made up.  there is no slat wall to photograph, and the humpmobile added to the graphic actually appears to be levitating a few inches if you zoom in to look.

what we see looks silly to me.  look at how long each individual slat is and realize there is no support for any slat except the foundation.  we are all familiar with using a length of pipe on a wrench to increase the torque so as to break a recalcitrant bolt/nut.  that's called increasing the moment arm.  look at how much moment arm they are providing here.

also, the little triangle on top is cute, but it provides a great place to catch a loop on a stout cable.  hook that cable to a strong truck and pull and envision what happens.  if the brown people open a little path to pass a truck through, they can move down a little ways and pull every other slat the other direction and throw plywood across the folded slats on both sides to make nice ramps coming and going.

both sides.  that has a ring to it.

I seem to remember her cooperating fully with the FBI including being questioned.  I also seem to remember her testifying publicly for countless hours without putting up a fight about it.  We get it, you hate her. 

She cooperated with the FBI because she put herself in harms way.
I hate that the disconnect between her ambitions and her skill set made Trump President, but I don’t hate her.

But honestly Hugo, you’re doing what the rest of us find so irritating about Hillary Clinton supporters: pointing to requires compliance with the law after the fact of a misstep as a kind of substitute for transparency. And when we demand more, our complaints are dismissed as motivated by some kind of animus, or delusion, or gullibility. It’s never her fault.

I hate her? Why not play all the hits and accuse me of sexism.
  • Like 3

Totally disagree. I still do not understand it. It's simply "busy work" and a little bit of IT kerfuffle.

No, it really isn’t just busy work. IT security and records management is incredibly important and should not be an afterthought for anyone at any level of government.

It also speaks to a long term problem of Hillary Clinton - surrounding herself with yes men who don’t give her the kind of high quality advice and direction a leader needs at that level, even when the cost is inconvenience and frustration.

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

She cooperated with the FBI because she put herself in harms way.
I hate that the disconnect between her ambitions and her skill set made Trump President, but I don’t hate her.

But honestly Hugo, you’re doing what the rest of us find so irritating about Hillary Clinton supporters: pointing to requires compliance with the law after the fact of a misstep as a kind of substitute for transparency. And when we demand more, our complaints are dismissed as motivated by some kind of animus, or delusion, or gullibility. It’s never her fault.

I hate her? Why not play all the hits and accuse me of sexism.

It’s also irritating when people blow shit out of proportion which was done with the Hillary scandals 99% of the time.  I’m all for transparency and holding people accountable but my god, people do make mistakes.  

She was never out to fuck over America or intentionally deceive people for some nefarious agenda.  

Also, in the case of Hillary, who has been under intense scrutiny her entire adult life, I don’t blame her for wanting a little privacy.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

I hereby accuse bozo of sexism!

Just kidding. Gotta agree with him here. Regardless of whether you thought it was illegal or not, her email server issue was stupid and careless and fed the narrative that the Clinton’s considered themselves above the law. Hell Hillary herself blames Comey reopening the investigation for her loss. 

That’s the craziest thing about the story- it wasn’t about privacy. That’s part of the retroactive defense of the idiotic and insecure way her staff handled the problem. The issue wasn’t privacy. It was incompetence in the pursuit of accommodation, which she chose to inexplicably defend for months.

She didn’t seek to fuck over anybody or hide anything, she just wound up doing it because her priorities were misplaced and then didn’t seem to understand what the problem was.

• Like 1

She's been investigated more than any politician ever and what have they found on her...? She handled herself poorly and surrounded herself with yes men.

No crimes at all, just par for the course shit.

They couldn't even get her for IRS shit!!???

Her crime is being mean to Republicans and boring to liberals.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

And while I don’t hate Hillary, I’m never gonna be able to forgive her for playing a large part in giving us a trump presidency. Lots of blame to go around but she gets a fair share of it.

And while she was treated unfairly, tough shit. High stakes politics is never fair. 

She won that election though.

Blame Bernie. I do.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but Debbie Wasserman Schultz (and by extension the DNC) gets my vote for most Trump culpability.

Had she ran a fair and open primary they probably wouldn't have ended up with Hillary in the general.  I think Trump was elected largely because the ndependents who lean left felt like she was foisted upon them and rebelled.  

In retrospect the basically shot themselves in the dicks, but at the time they probably thought it didn't matter since there was no way Trump would actually win.  Oops.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s the craziest thing about the story- it wasn’t about privacy. That’s part of the retroactive defense of the idiotic and insecure way her staff handled the problem. The issue wasn’t privacy. It was incompetence in the pursuit of accommodation, which she chose to inexplicably defend for months.

She didn’t seek to fuck over anybody or hide anything, she just wound up doing it because her priorities were misplaced and then didn’t seem to understand what the problem was.

She fucked up and paid more than her fair share of a political price for it.  I think even Hillary would admit this now.   It was dumbassery driven by ego and hubris.  I’m just willing to forgive her. 

• Like 1

She's been investigated more than any politician ever and what have they found on her...? She handled herself poorly and surrounded herself with yes men.

No crimes at all, just par for the course shit.

They couldn't even get her for IRS shit!!???

Her crime is being mean to Republicans and boring to liberals.

She’s not a criminal. She’s just unfit for the presidency or any executive management role. Most people are.

She’s a great lawyer and was a pretty good legislator. Why wasn’t that enough? A consuming ambition for the Presidency is not a qualification.

Anyway- sorry for the derail. I just think it’s crucial that Democrats and those who don’t want to see Trump re-elected honestly assess the reasons we are stuck with him now. I’m done talking about her on this thread

• Like 1

Just did a quick check of tweets regarding ISIS. First they were "totally eradicated", then on 12/22 they were "largely defeated", and today they are "mostly gone". It's hard to keep all these details straight. 

Don’t forget decimated meaning they were 90% intact.

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah but it’s a sideways oval unlike normal toilets.  To accommodate his giant ass.  

I should neg you for putting that image in my head!

Now all I can think about is Trump's giant, naked, pale, and pimpley ass descending toward the seat.

Edited by DixonHur