Minneapolis is Burning

F250

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Spanky, it's not my job to study a shaky premise and presentation of the situation and then explain it to the mind whence it emerges.

I don't know why you quote my post and then ask me to explain something tangential to it.

I will offer the opinion that you're determined to bend the "narrative" (jeez, that's a tired way for ideologues to project group thought onto someone else. It's not always a narrative. Most often what is labeled a narrative is an unpleasant reality that one refuses to face.) into some strange version to fit your desire to believe you are wise.

Solipsistic? Onanistic? I'm not a doctor or philosopher. I do sense disingenuous intent that I don't associate with your past posting.

I should have clarified better in my response. I wasn’t directing my question at you, per se, but I wanted to have the context for my post present. My hope was that I could get different viewpoints on the issue, as is common for a message board.

I don’t know what to tell you about your perception of me or my intent. If we could control how others feel about us, racism would cease to exist. It seems that people are content with shouting any dissenting opinions down, calling the poster racist/stupid and scrambling to post rep to those that join in the fray. We have our own version of rioters on this thread that like to throw their virtual Molotov cocktails and bitch when the target doesn’t simply sit there and take it. As said earlier, this is microcosm of where we are at as a society. It’s an us vs. them mentality.

To be clear:

There is a problem that needs to change with our police forces

Fuck racism, everyone is equal and no one should ever have to fear for the lives, especially when dealing with the police

Trump is a piece of shit human being

But I’m sure posters will be here shortly to tell you how much I hate Muslims,  brown people or logic, because they somehow know me and what’s in my heart. Or they “misremember” my position on unrelated issues or take them out of context. I’m not trying to win brownie points here. I could not care less if people consider me a valuable poster, airline miles or otherwise. You’ll see.

I’m done.

P.S. I’m still interested in knowing the intent of the looting and rioting. It’s such a massive shift in narrative that started occurring around Day 3 of the protesting for polar reasons. I’m not sure now that’s a shaky premise. It’s literally switched from owning the destruction to make a political point to “those aren’t ours and aren’t real protestors.”

Edited by Spankytoes

4 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Seems like most of these cops have no idea what the fuck they are doing out there in all that riot gear.  They're scared, incompetent, and have no training whatsoever to lean on except for "shoot & beat".

Just trying to get home safe to their families.  That means fighting off the hordes while utilizing the monopoly on violence that they have honed over the decades.  Old men, pregnant women, press, homeless, AIDS babies - light them the fuck up and sort it out afterwards.

#FAC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mayor Bowser telling Trump to get those troops the hell out of her city.  Also that identifying insignia is mandatory for all law enforcement in Washington DC.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Destruction of property!  Buncha terrorist ANTIFA types.  Probably need to teargas them ASAP, shoot them in the face with rubber bullets, then beat them, then deny that you did any of those things.  It's the American way.

Guest Lobo

Countdown until the Trump Administration claims that the streets around the White House must be kept clear for National Security reasons?  

I give it 3 hours.  

Trump voters have to be incredibly proud right now for the bravery and leadership being demonstrated by their President.  What a bold man.  

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Destruction of property!  Buncha terrorist ANTIFA types.  Probably need to teargas them ASAP, shoot them in the face with rubber bullets, then beat them, then deny that you did any of those things.  It's the American way.

By the way, since the right is trying to push this narrative that ANTIFA is some huge organization terrorizing the whole country ....who are their leaders, what are their demands, where are their headquarters, give me a description, name one member, etc

Release this great information you have, maybe some of us good law abiding citizens would like to bring these guys in for justice..

or is just propaganda bullshit to give you an excuse to repeatedly attack Americans?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Mayor Bowser telling Trump to get those troops the hell out of her city.  Also that identifying insignia is mandatory for all law enforcement in Washington DC.

Totally unacceptable. Don't they know that the Trump DC hotel has requirements to house 100s of federal employees every night at the full rack rate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

This is how you know its all bullshit

This is 100% wrong of the cops but an older person or someone with mobility issues needs to be very cautious in the middle of a protest or if the police start marching on them. Bodies get thrown around when things go wrong.

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is 100% wrong of the cops but an older person or someone with mobility issues needs to be very cautious in the middle of a protest or if the police start marching on them. Bodies get thrown around when things go wrong.

Any time you need to put a 'but' - just stop.

• Like 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Any time you need to put a 'but' - just stop.

I'm not defending them. If I'm 75, I'm not standing in front of charging cops. Or at least I'm might not stand up straight to take the full force of a push. Gotta crouch down a bit to absorb a push. Soros needs to send more of the people to MMA training. :)

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

That's clever.  "I'm getting notes of cayenne, mesquite...and BURNING!  AHHHHH!" 

Somebody please tell me how Trump is justifying this.

"Great job numbers everybody, torch the crowd!"  

Sorry my baton, arms, fists, misfired.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not defending them. If I'm 75, I'm not standing in front of charging cops. Or at least I'm might not stand up straight to take the full force of a push. Gotta crouch down a bit to absorb a push. Soros needs to send more of the people to MMA training. :)

As a citizen of the United States, a 75 year old should never have to fear for his or her safety when exercising their Constitutional right to protest.  Period.

Our police force has become amateur when it comes to enabling public safety and law & order.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ah, yes, we should all expect the cops to behave like feral animals who might kill us for any reason or no reason at all, and we should grant them immunity on top of it.

Jesus, talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations. The guy was trying to give them a fucking cop helmet he found and he might end up dead for trying to help the fucking police

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dear Leader just said that this is a great day for George Floyd.

Well, I mean, other than him being dead, he's right -- wadda ya think about that, libtard!

2 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

"Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses."

Bing-fucking-go.  Same as it ever was.

I know y’all hate Whitlock here, but his points on social media are valid imo. The same applies to this forum.

People who wouldn’t typically be radicalized or driven to irrational thought are prodded by online mobs. A net negative that I’m not sure you can mitigate much. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Nobody likes training for the foo foo shit. They all want to pretend they're stacking up on a door in Fallujah kicking haji ass with their kick ass pew pews.  

Don't forget rolling up on the dwelling containing said door in a kickass MRAP.

• Like 1