AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

34 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

We've decided we're not sending our kids.  They're 5 and starting K.  To say they are disappointed is an understatement.  I'm hoping that in a week everything changes and they offer a virtual option.  

I work from home so I can manage two five-year-olds.  Barely.

Good luck to everyone dealing with this bullshit.  Let's remember this when it's time to vote.

I know it's a gut wrenching decision.  We held ours out last fall for the first six weeks.  Actually, it was the first 3 weeks because the remote option sucked so bad and, with masks, it wasn't the complete shit storm we had feared.  But I get the sentiment and wish it were different for you in that there was an option that would allow you to feel safe sending your kids.  Our two boys both are vaccinated and will be wearing masks among the unmasked masses, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very concerned.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Abogado Peligroso said:

The Eanes Kids First/anti masker that was routed in last years’ school board election posted this to her Instagram account at 6:57 pm on a Saturday night in response to Eanes’ announcement.  She must have sobered up this morning because it was deleted this morning 

B2E358CF-4256-49C4-83EA-10B7C7478374.png

Jennifer Stevens is so much braver than all of you!  She is for Eanes Kids First, and Trump politics do not influence her.  How dare you!!!

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That surprised me.

We need to have a Surly watch party for the Dripping Springs school board meeting.

Also, keep an ear out for folks reading from the same script - it's been happening.

Man, it has started yesterday.  The Dripping Springs Facebook page is like a Raiders/49ers post game tailgate.  

• Haha 1

Man, it has started yesterday.  The Dripping Springs Facebook page is like a Raiders/49ers post game tailgate.  

Yeah, it’s bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if DSISD ended up on the news like that Tennessee district.

Edit: may end up being nothing with the TX Sc ruling earlier.

Is there anywhere with a cogent legal discussion of GC 418? 

I'm hoping for a mank mandate.  But I'm a half-assed lawyer and I give the OOG about a 99% chance of winning. The TX SCt doesn't have to give 2 shits about legislative intent. GC 418 gives the executive a lot of power. He can suspend statutes and ordinances. I don't see the pro-mask legal argument. 

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

We've decided we're not sending our kids.  They're 5 and starting K.  To say they are disappointed is an understatement.  I'm hoping that in a week everything changes and they offer a virtual option.  

Good luck to everyone dealing with this bullshit.  Let's remember this when it's time to vote.

Yep. Home school for kindergarten here.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That surprised me.

We need to have a Surly watch party for the Dripping Springs school board meeting.

Also, keep an ear out for folks reading from the same script - it's been happening.

Yes they are using the term “parental rights” in their anti mask crusade and anti CRT paranoia 

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yep. Home school for kindergarten here.

No easy decisions when it comes to your own children.

What circumstances would allow your families to confidently choose in-person learning?

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

I'm hoping for a mank mandate.  But I'm a half-assed lawyer and I give the OOG about a 99% chance of winning. The TX SCt doesn't have to give 2 shits about legislative intent. GC 418 gives the executive a lot of power. He can suspend statutes and ordinances. I don't see the pro-mask legal argument. 

I can't adequately answer this, but my question is how the executive order banning mask mandates furthers the emergency declaration. In other words, the action prohibiting localities from exercising their powers does not serve to mitigate the emergency, it serves to prevent the localities from doing so.  Totally backasswards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, smoky said:

No easy decisions when it comes to your own children.

What circumstances would allow your families to confidently choose in-person learning?

My kids are 5.  So the curriculum is not going to be a problem.  I work from home so I can manage.  It's not ideal but for us, it's better than the alternative.

They did a virtual pre-k last year and it was fine.  I found last year I was able to get them to knock out most of the assignments in a couple of hours.  Then we worked on reading and math.  I also used the IXL app and that was a fantastic resource.  We also used Khan Academy and ABC Mouse.  Plus they would watch PBS Kids.  Those shows teach them so much.  

Every 6weeks we'd have to go to school and the teacher would test what they've learned.  They were fine.  Taught them to count to 100 and by 2's, 5's and 10s. The teacher said they were ahead of everyone in their class.  I'm not bragging about my kids even though they're awesome.  I just learned that we could focus on stuff easier and we're able to retain the stuff they learned at home with minimal distractions. 

Again I'm not teaching algebra or chemistry so that helps.

I wish I felt safe sending them to school so they could learn to better interact people and grow socially but I don't see it as something they can't overcome because they're so young.

They would be the only 2 kids in their class wearing masks.  We're fortunate enough to say that not ok with us and we have an alternative.

I'm sorry everyone is having to go through this fucking mess.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

My kids are 5.  So the curriculum is not going to be a problem.  I work from home so I can manage.  It's not ideal but for us, it's better than the alternative.

They did a virtual pre-k last year and it was fine.  I found last year I was able to get them to knock out most of the assignments in a couple of hours.  Then we worked on reading and math.  I also used the IXL app and that was a fantastic resource.  We also used Khan Academy and ABC Mouse.  Plus they would watch PBS Kids.  Those shows teach them so much.  

Every 6weeks we'd have to go to school and the teacher would test what they've learned.  They were fine.  Taught them to count to 100 and by 2's, 5's and 10s. The teacher said they were ahead of everyone in their class.  I'm not bragging about my kids even though they're awesome.  I just learned that we could focus on stuff easier and we're able to retain the stuff they learned at home with minimal distractions. 

Again I'm not teaching algebra or chemistry so that helps.

I wish I felt safe sending them to school so they could learn to better interact people and grow socially but I don't see it as something they can't overcome because they're so young.

They would be the only 2 kids in their class wearing masks.  We're fortunate enough to say that not ok with us and we have an alternative.

I'm sorry everyone is having to go through this fucking mess.

IXL kicks ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure we’re in for a shitshow the next month or so. My son’s elementary school says that if one classmate tests positive the entire class has to quarantine for 10 days, and you can’t test out of it. Even if the mask mandate holds up, it seems like it’s a matter of time before my son is remote learning for a chunk of time. Fortunately my job and his mom’s job allow for work-from-home flexibility. Other parents aren’t so fortunate.

I'm just operating out of the idea that our younger one (11) is going to get it. Our older one is vaxxed, thankfully. Though she'll probably pick it up as well. We went to meet the teacher for the younger one at her new school. It is a tiny halled old DISD building. There's no way those kids aren't passing Covid down those tiny, cramped hallways. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Pretty sure we’re in for a shitshow the next month or so. My son’s elementary school says that if one classmate tests positive the entire class has to quarantine for 10 days, and you can’t test out of it. Even if the mask mandate holds up, it seems like it’s a matter of time before my son is remote learning for a chunk of time. Fortunately my job and his mom’s job allow for work-from-home flexibility. Other parents aren’t so fortunate.

Has to be that way. There’s no way to effectively contact trace for 20 elementary students that have been in the same room for 8 hours. It’s going to happen early and often. Telling my teachers that they have to be prepared to go remote within 24 hours.

Ours announced full mask mandate and would make announcements immediately if a kid/staff/teacher gets it.  However, there was no mention of quarantine protocol...yet. I assume that'll be issued in the next 48 hours.  I guess we should also prepare for that 10-day likelihood, which could happen repeatedly this semester.  Shit, suppose I should go start building out the learning pod in the garage again from 12 months ago because 12 months wasn't enough time for many of the cocksucking fuckbag parents in my district to learn one fucking thing.  You fucking anti-vaxx/anti-mask shitheaps did this to us.  This is your fault, not China's.  Not Biden's.  This is all on you and I will bring a sign that to your goddamn wife's funeral that says, "God hates Stupidity"  FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.  This is on you.  You preach Personal Responsibility?  Then fucking own this. 

You know why you didn't win a school board seat?  It wasn't because you weren't well-funded.  FUCK YOU

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm just operating out of the idea that our younger one (11) is going to get it. Our older one is vaxxed, thankfully. Though she'll probably pick it up as well. We went to meet the teacher for the younger one at her new school. It is a tiny halled old DISD building. There's no way those kids aren't passing Covid down those tiny, cramped hallways. 

Honest question, if you feel like answering. Why can't you get your 11 year old vaxxed?  I know 12 is the current cut-off.  Are providers being super tedious checking ID info or have you just not want to?  Couldn't you just say your 11-year-old is 12?

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Honest question, if you feel like answering. Why can't you get your 11 year old vaxxed?  I know 12 is the current cut-off.  Are providers being super tedious checking ID info or have you just not want to?  Couldn't you just say your 11-year-old is 12?

My girlfriend's daughter doesn't turn 12 until October and she got her vaxxed.  I'm not sure how diligent providers are in verifying age (this was HEB), but I think you can decrease your odds of getting busted by self-paying instead of submitting through insurance. 

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

My girlfriend's daughter doesn't turn 12 until October and she got her vaxxed.  I'm not sure how diligent providers are in verifying age (this was HEB), but I think you can decrease your odds of getting busted by self-paying instead of submitting through insurance. 

Some places ask for proof of DOB (Walgreens), others only care about the parental consent. And correct, don't provide insurance info. There's no need for it, but some places want to put you in their system.

• Hook 'Em 1

Since they're still getting adult sized doses, we used our kid's sizes as a determinant.

Our 12 year old was about as big as my wife when he got his shots.

My almost 11 year old is tiny, so if we're going to go down that route for him, I'd prefer to wait for the Pfizer Jr version.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, 1978horn said:

Yeah, it’s bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if DSISD ended up on the news like that Tennessee district.

Or Colorado. Bunch of anti-maskers decided they would protest at the schools.  I won't be surprised if we see stuff like this.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/15/us/colorado-eagle-county-mask-protest-schools/index.html

Parents and students in a Colorado school district will see more law enforcement officers as tensions flare amid a new mask mandate.

The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Sunday that more officers will appear at Eagle County School District schools Monday “due to the tensions in the community, related to the new mask guidelines.”

Parents who do not want their kids to wear masks have the option to enroll their children in the district’s online school, home school or look for alternative options outside the district, the release said. 

The district asked members of the community who do not agree with the masking decision to direct their protests to “locations other than schools” and not disrupt classes. 

“Our goal is the same as yours, getting our children back to school safely,” the Eagle County Sheriff’s Department said, echoing the request. “Law Enforcement is requesting that persons who are wishing to express their opinions, not interfere or interrupt the freedom of movement and the functions of the schools.”

17 hours ago, CleverNickname said:

16 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I can't adequately answer this, but my question is how the executive order banning mask mandates furthers the emergency declaration. In other words, the action prohibiting localities from exercising their powers does not serve to mitigate the emergency, it serves to prevent the localities from doing so.  Totally backasswards. 

To expand on that, it also violates the Texas Education Code, which is legally binding and requires a safe environment.

And to take it even further, if schools cannot provide a safe environment, and pandemics and vaccines are actually mentioned within the TEC, then the students are allowed to stay home, which goes against what the TEA was claiming.

The example the TEC used was somebody objecting to a vaccine during a pandemic for religious reasons.  Here we are in a pandemic where 5 million+ kids can't even get the option of a vaccine for their parents to reject on religious grounds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Has to be that way. There’s no way to effectively contact trace for 20 elementary students that have been in the same room for 8 hours. It’s going to happen early and often. Telling my teachers that they have to be prepared to go remote within 24 hours.

I'm assuming that will be because all of the kids are at home, since most of the teachers are vaccinated.

This is going to be a shitshow.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/covid-cases-increasing-at-neisd-school-leave-parents-worried-frustrated

Spoiler

SAN ANTONIO - Twenty-two Covid-19 cases were reported at Castle Hills Elementary School last week.

That's in just a month since the new academic year began at the year-round school.

The number climbed even higher over the weekend, according to North East Independent School District officials, who are still compiling the data.

"What is different this year is that without a mask mandate, we are seeing what looks like spread within the school building," says Emma Kelly, the district's assistant director for health services.

Is Castle Hills Elementary the proverbial canary in the coal mine - a predictor of what's to come for the rest of NEISD, and even the city?

"It’s been difficult to send my daughter to school knowing that there’s so little protection in place," says Rachel Kardon, mother of 4, including a fourth-grader at Castle Hills.

She doesn't think her nine-year-old - Irena Harris - is safe in school - not with the on-again, off-again mask policy.

"I’ve run out of parent-excused absences at this point," Kardon says. "She missed eight instructional days."

That's in just a month.

Kardon was relieved when local officials required masks again last week. But Gov. Abbott won a legal decision over the weekend and masks were once again not mandatory in school today.

Hearing about two dozen positive cases in her daughter's school scared Kardon, and other parents we talked to today.

"To say that we’re shocked would be an understatement," Kardon says. "This has been a very emotional time for me as a parent."

She criticized district leadership, suggesting a change at the top might be needed. Kardon was highly critical of the lack of rapid Covid-testing at Castle Hills when classes resumed in July. She said they did start last week but "we'd already been in session for a month."

Julia Kester also has a child at Castle Hills, a son in fifth grade. She questions district leadership too.

"I have an issue with the governor’s mandate and I also have an issue with the district having a lack of gumption," she says. "I understand there’s a mandate. but who’s fighting for our kids? Parents are. We need the district’s support behind that too."

She says NEISD has been slow to respond.

"My hope is that we can start being proactive versus reactive. I think our district as a whole has taken a reactive approach. If we continue to do that, we’re going to continue to put our kids at risk," she says.

District officials say their options are limited.

"It's difficult that you can't provide the recommendations to people that you wish you could," Kelly says. "People are getting such mixed messages from different sources. There’s a lot of confusion out there."

She says parents should get their kids vaccinated if they are eligible to do so. And she highly suggests masks for everyone on all campuses, regardless of the legal fight unfolding over mandates.

Her fear now is the Covid-19 surge at Castle Hills might be similar at other NEISD campuses, which held their first day of school today.

"We are wondering if this going to be predictive of what will happen at other schools," Kelly says.

She also knows Castle Hills could get shut down if the trend continues. Superintendent Sean Maika warned as much in a video to parents last week. Click here to watch.

"We do know that the health department has the authority to close a school," Kelly says.

Metro Health tells us that decision is up to the school.

"Shutting down a school is determined by the school and has more to do with operations and the ability or inability to function. Metro Health has no guidelines to shut down a school," says Cleo Garcia, Metro Health's public information officer.

For context, Castle Hills is a year round school that started in mid-July. For the first month, they had 12 student to student COVID infections. They had 11 for all of last school year. 22 this past week alone. Delta is a different beast. Stay safe out there, guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

To expand on that, it also violates the Texas Education Code, which is legally binding and requires a safe environment.

And to take it even further, if schools cannot provide a safe environment, and pandemics and vaccines are actually mentioned within the TEC, then the students are allowed to stay home, which goes against what the TEA was claiming.

The example the TEC used was somebody objecting to a vaccine during a pandemic for religious reasons.  Here we are in a pandemic where 5 million+ kids can't even get the option of a vaccine for their parents to reject on religious grounds.

But OOG suspended "any other statute invoked by any local government entity or official in support of a face-cpvering requirement." AG-38, 4(b)(v). Now that may be deemed too vague, but the all it takes is a napkin signed by POG to amend. So for mask purposes consider TEC suspended. The best argument would be by a homerule city that can claim some straight from the Constitution police power, but even then an ordinance would be suspended I think. 

43 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/covid-cases-increasing-at-neisd-school-leave-parents-worried-frustrated

Reveal hidden contents

SAN ANTONIO - Twenty-two Covid-19 cases were reported at Castle Hills Elementary School last week.

That's in just a month since the new academic year began at the year-round school.

The number climbed even higher over the weekend, according to North East Independent School District officials, who are still compiling the data.

"What is different this year is that without a mask mandate, we are seeing what looks like spread within the school building," says Emma Kelly, the district's assistant director for health services.

Is Castle Hills Elementary the proverbial canary in the coal mine - a predictor of what's to come for the rest of NEISD, and even the city?

"It’s been difficult to send my daughter to school knowing that there’s so little protection in place," says Rachel Kardon, mother of 4, including a fourth-grader at Castle Hills.

She doesn't think her nine-year-old - Irena Harris - is safe in school - not with the on-again, off-again mask policy.

"I’ve run out of parent-excused absences at this point," Kardon says. "She missed eight instructional days."

That's in just a month.

Kardon was relieved when local officials required masks again last week. But Gov. Abbott won a legal decision over the weekend and masks were once again not mandatory in school today.

Hearing about two dozen positive cases in her daughter's school scared Kardon, and other parents we talked to today.

"To say that we’re shocked would be an understatement," Kardon says. "This has been a very emotional time for me as a parent."

She criticized district leadership, suggesting a change at the top might be needed. Kardon was highly critical of the lack of rapid Covid-testing at Castle Hills when classes resumed in July. She said they did start last week but "we'd already been in session for a month."

Julia Kester also has a child at Castle Hills, a son in fifth grade. She questions district leadership too.

"I have an issue with the governor’s mandate and I also have an issue with the district having a lack of gumption," she says. "I understand there’s a mandate. but who’s fighting for our kids? Parents are. We need the district’s support behind that too."

She says NEISD has been slow to respond.

"My hope is that we can start being proactive versus reactive. I think our district as a whole has taken a reactive approach. If we continue to do that, we’re going to continue to put our kids at risk," she says.

District officials say their options are limited.

"It's difficult that you can't provide the recommendations to people that you wish you could," Kelly says. "People are getting such mixed messages from different sources. There’s a lot of confusion out there."

She says parents should get their kids vaccinated if they are eligible to do so. And she highly suggests masks for everyone on all campuses, regardless of the legal fight unfolding over mandates.

Her fear now is the Covid-19 surge at Castle Hills might be similar at other NEISD campuses, which held their first day of school today.

"We are wondering if this going to be predictive of what will happen at other schools," Kelly says.

She also knows Castle Hills could get shut down if the trend continues. Superintendent Sean Maika warned as much in a video to parents last week. Click here to watch.

"We do know that the health department has the authority to close a school," Kelly says.

Metro Health tells us that decision is up to the school.

"Shutting down a school is determined by the school and has more to do with operations and the ability or inability to function. Metro Health has no guidelines to shut down a school," says Cleo Garcia, Metro Health's public information officer.

For context, Castle Hills is a year round school that started in mid-July. For the first month, they had 12 student to student COVID infections. They had 11 for all of last school year. 22 this past week alone. Delta is a different beast. Stay safe out there, guys.

I was on a conference call last week with some very smart experts from various hospitals in the Texas Medical Center concerning my kids' school's mask mandate and other mitigation efforts.  The gist of it was that they do not think, at this time, that Delta is deadlier or more injurious.  But that it is a hell of a lot more communicable.  Does that jibe with what others have heard?

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I was on a conference call last week with some very smart experts from various hospitals in the Texas Medical Center concerning my kids' school's mask mandate and other mitigation efforts.  The gist of it was that they do not think, at this time, that Delta is deadlier or more injurious.  But that it is a hell of a lot more communicable.  Does that jibe with what others have heard?

Koro Syndrome

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That a pluralistic viral variant has somehow managed to make itself more communicable?  Does that jibe with centuries of scientific observation and 100,000 years of human history?  Why yes, yes it does.  I was not on a conference call with some very smart experts from various hospitals in the Texas medical Center.  But I read a pamphlet once at a Holiday Inn Express entitled, "The Common Cold and You:  Why you get one every fucking year."  

Edited by Lobo

Next 60 days should be an absolute fucking hoot.  Folks dicking around to bitch about mask rules when all they had to do was put their adult pants on and get a fucking shot.  

One of you anti-vaxx/covid hoaxers is gonna give it to your kid and they're gonna give it to mine.  And of the four of us, one is going to the hospital.  

Oldest child's teacher was already sick today. Might have the Vid. Had it last year I believe before the vaccine was available. Not sure if she got vaccinated. She's the science and math teacher so I'm hoping she's just a breakthrough case. I met with her and another teacher last Friday when I was up at the school. Yeah, it's all awesome. We're going to do well, I can feel it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Delta hits you hard faster than our quaint OG covid.  Loads your lungs up with the nasty stuff much faster.

Hence why our ICUs are filling up so fast, and why Texas is running out of pediatric ICU beds.  We didn't do that earlier this year.

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm assuming that will be because all of the kids are at home, since most of the teachers are vaccinated.

This is going to be a shitshow.

If we send the entire class home then the teacher can teach remotely. We just won’t ask them to do both at the same time. The teacher can still come to work if vaccinated and not showing any symptoms. As students get vaccinated, they will be able to stay as well. 

I have a lot of students starting the year in quarantine. 

When does Abbott make school zones unlawful 

Texans should have the freedom to choose their speed. It’s a matter of personal choice, and we must trust Texans to act responsibility. It would be wrong and communist for government to tell drivers what speed that can or can’t drive next to an elementary school.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

RRISD has entered the ring. Mask mandate effective for the next 30 days with option to extend if approved by the board of trustees.

However, they stuck this in the middle of the release:

"Parents will have the option to opt their students out of the requirement if they choose. A form will be provided on the District website by end of day Tuesday, Aug. 17."

What's the point then?

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

RRISD has entered the ring. Mask mandate effective for the next 30 days with option to extend if approved by the board of trustees.

However, they stuck this in the middle of the release:

"Parents will have the option to opt their students out of the requirement if they choose. A form will be provided on the District website by end of day Tuesday, Aug. 17."

What's the point then?

it's a suggested mandate.

AISD has just notified coaches that players will be required to mask during practices and games (on the court/field and bench). Took the booster club president about a minute to send an email to parents urging us to write some poor person at the district because masks are "unsafe" for players putting forth maximum effort. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1

Dripping Springs took no action at the board meeting last night. Sent a message out that masks are strongly encouraged.

While at the board meeting I was confronted by someone declaring that I was a plant to cause division since I was wearing a mask. Said “you don’t even have kids that go here”…turns out the Hay County Freedom Network sent a bunch of folks to Dripping to yell at the board. Every accusation is a confession.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Just read that. That is the most chickenshit move they could’ve made. Way to show your spine round rock. 

well they could demonstrate the great resolve and take action like LTISD. They are working around the clock in shifts with their legal counsel in order to determine which mask order to break, the judges or the govs. Masks optional as we go off the rails with community transmission. 

24 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

AISD has just notified coaches that players will be required to mask during practices and games (on the court/field and bench). Took the booster club president about a minute to send an email to parents urging us to write some poor person at the district because masks are "unsafe" for players putting forth maximum effort. 🙄

I will say wearing masks under your football helmet is stupid. They won't stay on and will be incredibly difficult to manage etc. If you want to have it when players are on sidelines, to take their helmet off and wear it I can see that. Challenge is football pants don't have pockets so you will have to have someone on sideline managing masks and ensuring the right masks get to the right player.

This is also on heels of fact that we have had like 3 weeks of football practice already where kids haven't been wearing masks etc so to do it now makes little to no sense.

I get for indoor sports like hoops, volleyball but cross country/football I am not sure I see it mattering.

• Like 1

AISD has just notified coaches that players will be required to mask during practices and games (on the court/field and bench). Took the booster club president about a minute to send an email to parents urging us to write some poor person at the district because masks are "unsafe" for players putting forth maximum effort. 

They should include a photo of the guy that won the US 10K title wearing an N95 mask a couple of years back (due to allergies).
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

Dripping Springs took no action at the board meeting last night. Sent a message out that masks are strongly encouraged.

While at the board meeting I was confronted by someone declaring that I was a plant to cause division since I was wearing a mask. Said “you don’t even have kids that go here”…turns out the Hay County Freedom Network sent a bunch of folks to Dripping to yell at the board. Every accusation is a confession.

That's creepy as fuck that they know you don't have kids in that school.  

33 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I will say wearing masks under your football helmet is stupid. They won't stay on and will be incredibly difficult to manage etc. If you want to have it when players are on sidelines, to take their helmet off and wear it I can see that. Challenge is football pants don't have pockets so you will have to have someone on sideline managing masks and ensuring the right masks get to the right player.

This is also on heels of fact that we have had like 3 weeks of football practice already where kids haven't been wearing masks etc so to do it now makes little to no sense.

I get for indoor sports like hoops, volleyball but cross country/football I am not sure I see it mattering.

Don't necessarily disagree on the outdoor sports thing. But inside gyms, locker rooms, and training rooms -- that's a different story.

• Hook 'Em 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18