Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I hope you are right. And you know better than me, but I get the suspicion when reading the tea leaves that it's not going to implode as much as we wanted in the transfer portal and Jimbo did just enough to keep that program together.  Looking at next years schedule I'm anticipating 8-4, but the portal over a long period of time will not be kind to them imo (they will clearly eat in line behind all the destination schools nationally and Bama, LSU, Texas & OU inside their own division), and the disaster that it looks like their 23 class is shaping up to be will really set them back if they can't add high quality talent from the portal. 

You worry too much. 

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

There's certainly no public evidence yet.  The 10 players portaling seem processed.  Ish and Tunise are the only ones that are questionable.

Not even fucking close, man. Most of the guys who have left weren't processed. The kicker, I guess. The JUCO DB they wanted to use, but he couldn't stay out of jail. The DL from NJ, they paid to have him in College Station. The WR played regularly. Boiue played starter minutes against LSU. LJ Johnson and Adeyele were top 50 players 2 classes ago. The OT Williams was their highest rated OL in the 2022 class. I mean, your take is grim.

ATM had a roster crunch ahead of this past season. They processed a fuckton of guys from last December to this past summer. In their minds, they'd largely already separated the wheat from the chaff.

55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their 995ers don't think so. Considering Addazio's got to be on the firing line, I'm not sure why.

Why do you think he's on the firing line? It looks like they agreed to fire one guy, and he's gone. Craig and Adazzio don't like each other, so I've been assuming one or both would be heading out with Dickey, but it didn't happen. Why would they be holding onto either guy if they wanted to fire them?

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You worry too much. 

Not even fucking close, man. Most of the guys who have left weren't processed. The kicker, I guess. The JUCO DB they wanted to use, but he couldn't stay out of jail. The DL from NJ, they paid to have him in College Station. The WR played regularly. Boiue played starter minutes against LSU. LJ Johnson and Adeyele were top 50 players 2 classes ago. The OT Williams was their highest rated OL in the 2022 class. I mean, your take is grim.

ATM had a roster crunch ahead of this past season. They processed a fuckton of guys from last December to this past summer. In their minds, they'd largely already separated the wheat from the chaff.

Why do you think he's on the firing line? It looks like they agreed to fire one guy, and he's gone. Craig and Adazzio don't like each other, so I've been assuming one or both would be heading out with Dickey, but it didn't happen. Why would they be holding onto either guy if they wanted to fire them?

Calmer than you are dude 😊
not worried. You don’t worry about 8-4 University if you have significant goals in mind which I think we do. 
thanks for the perspective. It reads as really optimistic (in the sense of rooting for their implosion) and I hope it happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think that people may expect the OC to bring in someone to help with their system, and in any sane world that would probably be the case.

Being that this is Jimbo we are talking about and the new OC seems to be there as a forced option and may only be a rework in name only on offense, it probably won’t be true here.

Come on. We all know that this is a Hail Mary to keep the offensive players from transferring and maybe help recruiting. Everything else is probably just window dressing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Calmer than you are dude 😊
not worried. You don’t worry about 8-4 University if you have significant goals in mind which I think we do. 
thanks for the perspective. It reads as really optimistic (in the sense of rooting for their implosion) and I hope it happens. 

Since your first post, King is gone. That's another guy that they were "cautiously optimistic" about keeping. I realize that was pure fantasy, but he's number 11. This goes much higher. And we're not even thinking about the post-spring rush for two weeks.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Voting Climate Change GIF by INTO ACTION

image.thumb.png.1167260f0472b24bb24e16ce5cadbe4b.png

My favorite part of this is that Karen KL has all the goods and all the rubes that blindly hand TA their 9.95 every month don't get to know jack shit until the 'journalists' get the A-Ok from the aggy crisis management team. 

KKL - 1  

TA Subscriber - GFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You worry too much. 

Obviously to keep their incredible recruiting class together. You don't hold on to those kinds of guys & dudes by firing the guys & dudes recruiting them.

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Does Johnson have any eligibility left?

Does it matter? No way King or Johnson can hang around next year, even if just a backup. Jimbo has to bring in a portal QB, even if it's not a clear upgrade. Otherwise, if he has to play one of the 2022 backups that are known JAGs, he's screwed. Better to be able to blame "new QB in a new system" if the transfer sucks.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

can someone remind me, was it denver and smoke bouie that tweeted out that they would be back just 3 days ago, or was it a $9.95'er that said they'd be back?

Don't know about what they tweeted, but @bizzle was just over here telling us all about Denver Harris sticking around and being a good guy. He also was huffing farts about retaining Marshall and most of the other guys. Can't remember on the Bouie part of it though. Someone should find that post from the last few days. It's aging like an egg salad sitting out at a picnic on the 4th of July in Houston.

• Haha 6

On 11/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, bizzle said:

quick theories from someone who has not had the bandwidth to be very plugged in this season (thank god):

denver harris isn't a terrible kid, just immature as hell and his mom actually likes the smaller town vibe that college station brings and is encouraging him to get his ass in gear. could go either way. also north shore.

chris marshall is a pretty terrible kid, but has shockingly made a small effort recently toward the staff. i expect him to never be heard from again inside of 24 months, but stranger things have happened. 

pj williams was not supposed to be a bad kid, but apparently is an idiot, and i would be shocked if he's back. however we have zero tackles in the pipeline, so perhaps a brazos county da gets paid off at some point.

we want to keep anthony lucas, but there's a surplus of 6'5" 290 pound kids so he needs to get his head straight. he's not explosive enough to be a headcase.

otherwise, we're shockingly keeping most of the kids that we need to - i'll actually give credit to the nil structure here. jimbo's ego and ability to delegate are going to be the difference in a quick return to competitive football or a long stint in the wilderness. luckily he has very little in his history showing he's a stubborn asshole, so i expect this to all go swimmingly. 

Here it is. Awesome.

The notion that Denver Harris' mom gives a fat flying fuck about anything but money is some excellent fan fiction. 

I am sure Chris Marshall will actively stick things out until he gets that degree in Accounting in a few years and then heads off to Oxford for post-grad. 

I'll help you out - you aren't keeping any of the guys you listed and you're also not keeping multiple others that you "need to" either. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can say with absolute seriousness that I have no fucking clue what the hell the story is between that lunatic and Ritz Bitz. I have never seen a believable story about it that makes any sense, either. What folks have settled on is that she is in some way involved with his bag game for players and families, and she's definitely involved in some way. Outside of that part, nothing else makes more sense than any other claim directionally. His aunt? Mistress? Business partner? Whatever in the fuck. She moved with him to Texas and then moved to Nebraska. No clue what all of this shit means.

Who's the FSU connected poster here again? He'd probably know, if anyone does

59 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Does it matter? No way King or Johnson can hang around next year, even if just a backup. Jimbo has to bring in a portal QB, even if it's not a clear upgrade. Otherwise, if he has to play one of the 2022 backups that are known JAGs, he's screwed. Better to be able to blame "new QB in a new system" if the transfer sucks.

A&M is hoping/counting on Max Johnson to not transfer since he'd have to sit out a year (unless he'd appeal with a lawyer and win). If he leaves, their depth is fucked. 

I'm assuming Wiegman is staying at this point

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M is hoping/counting on Max Johnson to not transfer since he'd have to sit out a year (unless he'd appeal with a lawyer and win). If he leaves, their depth is fucked. 

If only his dad was an ex NFL QB with enough cash to hire a lawyer 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Having to sit a year probably means he stays.

He was class of 2020, and played at LSU in 2020 and 2021. He only played in 4 games this year, so he could technically redshirt for 2022, and have 2 more years plus a covid year (for a total of 3 more years). 

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

If only his dad was an ex NFL QB with enough cash to hire a lawyer 

And he's Mark Richt's nephew. 

We'll see if effective the hiring a lawyer to automatically get a waiver thing works with the new one time transfer and play immediately rule. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

And he's Mark Richt's nephew. 

We'll see if effective the hiring a lawyer to automatically get a waiver thing works with the new one time transfer and play immediately rule. 

I think it will. The antitrust issues that have led to the all the other NCAA cases being a complete beat down of the NCAA still apply even if they allow a one-time transfer. It’s still a restriction of the athletes’ ability to play, since the NCAA has a monopoly on college athletics. I think they would be very hard-pressed to distinguish this from the other cases they’ve lost, and I think they’re less likely to even try to do so. 

I’ll be pretty surprised if players who lawyer up don’t get an additional waiver. 

@closetojumpingmakes a good point that aggy already did a numbers crunch to make room for their big ‘22 class and on top of that they are apparently taking a small ‘23 class because nobody wants to commit there. 

The idea most of these players are being processed is pure aggy fiction and some Longhorn fans are actually taking the bait. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I know this is the equivalent of asking the meaning of CB but could someone tell me the TLDR version of KKL’s connection with Jimbo? What was her connection in Tallahassee and why did she follow him to CS? How does she know inside info on the program?

She’s his shrimp holster.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Fud said:

@TBGFL your services are needed to break down the KKL connection 

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The QB that had he played last year would have carried them to a natty! Unbelievable. 

The funny thing is that they ran off their best QB last year.  

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We’re way past that. Bouie was 10 this morning.  King, Harris and Williams since then.  Marshall soon. Lucas soon. Then the others that very well could happen. 

Season 3 Wave GIF by Outlander

• Hook 'Em 2

Half of them are still saying on texags these are all scrubs entering the portal and the core talent remains.  Please please let Weigman and Stewart hit the portal that would put the nail in their coffin.  I know it’s a long shot but imagine the melt down if Weigman left.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Half of them are still saying on texags these are all scrubs entering the portal and the core talent remains.  Please please let Weigman and Stewart hit the portal that would put the nail in their coffin.  I know it’s a long shot but imagine the melt down if Weigman left.  

I bet they don't want him getting too far away from the coaches over Christmas break. With no bowl practices, there's a lot of time for solitude and thinking. That's never good for the Aggies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I bet they don't want him getting too far away from the coaches over Christmas break. With no bowl practices, there's a lot of time for solitude and thinking. That's never good for the Aggies.

I really, really hope someone like tOSU, Bama, or even USC is contacting Weigman via backchannels. That could wind up being the funniest aggy meltdown of all time. If they lose Weigman, they might as well just shut down the program until they can finally afford to buy out Jimbo's contract. So maybe until 2027 or 2028. 

2 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I really, really hope someone like tOSU, Bama, or even USC is contacting Weigman via backchannels. That could wind up being the funniest aggy meltdown of all time. If they lose Weigman, they might as well just shut down the program until they can finally afford to buy out Jimbo's contract. So maybe until 2027 or 2028. 

Milroe sucks at Bama. I’m sure they likely have bigger fish to fry but if not he’d likely be an upgrade there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think Weigman is probably a little bit better than Simpson. He's certainly proven more and who knows what he could be with a coach that doesn't emphasize that ridiculous jump pass (although if Saban doesn't can BOB, I'm not sure Bama would be much of an upgrade in that respect). And with Saban's ruthless desire to improve the team at all costs, I could see him recruiting over someone like that. It won't happen - just saying that it would be incredibly hilarious if it did

• Like 1

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

I think Weigman is probably a little bit better than Simpson. He's certainly proven more and who knows what he could be with a coach that doesn't emphasize that ridiculous jump pass (although if Saban doesn't can BOB, I'm not sure Bama would be much of an upgrade in that respect). And with Saban's ruthless desire to improve the team at all costs, I could see him recruiting over someone like that. It won't happen - just saying that it would be incredibly hilarious if it did

I'll laugh my ass off if Saban did/does recruit someone over him. He's a ruthless mf'er and only cares about winning, not his players feelings. 

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

Does Saban seem like the kind of guy who would go out of his way to spite that prick Jimbo?  Nah. Totally not. 
they ought to offer him 1M or 2M just to fuck with aggy knowing they will match because they pretty much have to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Does Saban seem like the kind of guy who would go out of his way to spite that prick Jimbo?  Nah. Totally not. 
they ought to offer him 1M or 2M just to fuck with aggy knowing they will match because they pretty much have to. 

That was my thought as well. If I was Saban, I'd see if I could find a way to offer the kid like $2.5 million just so aggy has less to spend on keeping the rest of their class together. Then go HAM on tampering with some of those DLs. 

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If Weigman is not helping set that floor, he’s lost his mind.  They’ll give him big $$$$. Same for Stewart.  Time for negotiations over the next month. 

• Hook 'Em 1