Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

How confident are you?  Like Futureman fist confident?

idk who futureman is 

but

as far as Quinn coming here, the only way I see it not happening is if Sark thinks he’s not 100% Ball. Trust me Sark will do his homework before Quinn comes in. He won’t  bring in something he’s trying to get out of the locker room.  But like I said Texas high school athletes talk, that’s how they knew Stewart was going to A&M before everyone. And the talk is This decision won’t take long with Ewers 😉

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

idk who futureman is 

but

as far as Quinn coming here, the only way I see it not happening is if Sark thinks he’s not 100% Ball. Trust me Sark will do his homework before Quinn comes in. He won’t  bring in something he’s trying to get out of the locker room.  But like I said Texas high school athletes talk, that’s how they knew Stewart was going to A&M before everyone. And the talk is This decision won’t take long with Ewers 😉

Sark may know something we don't know.  The kid may truly be overrated.  The kid may be lazy.  That being said, the entire Longhorn Nation would burn Austin down if Sark casually took a pass on Ewers.  What a shitty spot to be in.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

I'll say it again. If Texas and Sarkisian don't pull this off it's a crushing blow. The staff and program becomes radioactive, because everyone will wonder how the fuck they didn't land ewers. 

I dont think the public opinion will be as harsh as you are anticipating.  If he comes here, its gonna be a hype train until 2022.  If he doesnt come here, we spin it as "hes a diva with an ego, only wants NIL money - doesnt really want to play football, we didnt want someone that isnt fully committed from the start" etc.  We have some built in excuses to help us avoid total embarrassment.

And yes I am telling myself this to avoid complete and utter earth shattering disappointment when he goes to aggy. 

Edited by DiceHands
  • Haha 1

Would be so short sighted to pick because of your high school coach. Look at the big picture- they are about to be floundering in a bottom tier conference in a shitty town that no one wants to live in. If he can jump start our recruiting and get Texas rolling like VY did in the Mack Brown years then this kid will be playing for championships and cashing checks.

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Joey McGuire liked this tweet. What a crazy situation lol

Go to TTU under a first year HC w/ little to no talent around you & you can be just like Mahomes... who didn't win shit in Lubbock even with one of the better offensive coaches in the country as his HC. Is that the pitch? Even with his former HS coach that seems pretty weak.

Someone with brains please post a gif of Diggs knocking him the fuck out.

Edited by hook me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, hook me said:

Go to TTU under a first year HC w/ little to no talent around you & you can be just like Mahomes... who didn't win shit in Lubbock even with one of the better offensive coaches in the country as his HC. Is that the pitch? Even with his former HS coach that seems pretty weak.

Yes its hard to envision Ewers leaving Ohio State for Tech but this has been an insane offseason thus far and Texas is in a spell, I wouldn't be shocked 

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

As fans, we like convince ourselves we know exactly what recruits are thinking.

Yeah, but that's been reported by multiple people/9.95ers. I don't know what Ewers is thinking but that's not just some random guess. It's based on what others have reported. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, hook me said:

Ahh yes hes gonna have all the eyes on him once Texas and OU leave for the SEC and the Big 12 is stuck with highly anticipated 11 am matchups like Tech vs Kasnsas, Tech vs West Virginia, Tech vs UCF...  I almost fell asleep just typing that. 

Edited by DiceHands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tech doesn't make any sense because Ewers wants to recruit top recruits to the school he's playing at which isn't going to happen at Tech. 

Yeah the top talent isn’t going to tech. Why would he go to a dying big xii? But at the end of the day all it matters is that he’s drafted and that could be anywhere. Tech also doesn’t have X or bijan.

Logically it’s Texas. But also we’re Texas and could easily fuck this up. I can’t imagine the NIL deals would compare.

If they hire his coach and Harrell also wouldn’t be that surprising. We see kids follow coaches all the time. He has to know where he’s going if he truly wants to bring talent with him before NSD1.

Just like coaching buy outs, it’s not my money so I shouldn’t care. But if there’s a finite pot of big cigar NIL money, I hope anything offered to Ewers is in installments (or better yet tied to performance incentives). Fool me once on accepting NIL bag and running, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

5 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Just like coaching buy outs, it’s not my money so I shouldn’t care. But if there’s a finite pot of big cigar NIL money, I hope anything offered to Ewers is in installments (or better yet tied to performance incentives). Fool me once on accepting NIL bag and running, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

Literally illegal.

• Hook 'Em 1

Its always been Texas it should be Texas and it will be Texas until proven otherwise. 

It’s always been Texas, except, you know, when it wasn’t the first time.
Texas, aggy, TT … aggy could be the only one of the three to play in the $ec during Ewers college career.  Is the league he plays in important to Ewers?

Ewers originally committed to a Big 12 school and then flipped to a Big Ten school because playing in the SEC was really important.
  • Haha 1

Bijan has quite a few NIL deals.  The dude is raking in cash.  He’s also got a hot ass gf that’s a cheerleader at Texas and is backstage at every concert with artists.  He’s a full blown celebrity in Austin.  

That’s what Ewers wants outside of playing time.  Money, build his brand, and a starting spot.

He’s not going to tech or aggy.  I think Tech is in there to give his high school coach some good pub and aggy is in there so it looks like we beat them out honestly.  Dude never considered aggy during his recruitment and he’s not stupid enough to play in that offense.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Texas, aggy, TT … aggy could be the only one of the three to play in the $ec during Ewers college career.  Is the league he plays in important to Ewers?

If it was, why would he have committed to The Good Guys early? Before the move to SEC was announced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

I really don't see Riley going to Tech. 

He remembers When Todd went the college route and what happened.  Maybe after a few more years and a few State Championships. 

Plus he has a sweet setup at SLC,  the Superintendent is ex coach Ledbetters son who Riley has known for a long time.   

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Huh, that's weird. The photo didn't come through. 

Just go to his Instagram.  He’s always posting stories with her and back stage at concerts.   He was recently hanging out backstage with Jack Harlow.  You don’t think every recruit wants that.  Who the fuck is hanging out with the aggy players.  I swear, if we can get back to winning and figure out NIL, we’re going to have our pick of players.  That’s what’s frustrating, we have every resource to be a dominant program like we were.  USC is doing it right now after being dead for a decade.

but yeah, his gf is hot

BobbyBurton:

I love recruiting. I love it because program-changing news, like Quinn Ewers going into the portal last night, can get dropped at any moment of just about any day.

The uncertainty of it all, and watching the drama of it unfold, never ceases to grab me by the collar. Ever. I don’t know why, but it quickens my pulse, and I just love it.

As Eric wrote last night, Ewers to Texas would makea ton of sense.

- Who is the best QB developer in the state of Texas?

Sark. Period.

Texas Tech fans may point to the career of Pat Mahomes, but Kliff Kingsbury isn’t walking through that door (he got fired!). And Graham Harrell, if he gets the OC job as I expect, isn’t anywhere nearly as accomplished as Sark.

- Where did Ewers want to go to school growing up as a kid?

Texas.

- Which school has an up-in-the-air QB situation?

All of them really, but certainly Texas fits that bill to a level as high or higher than any other.

- Which school offers the best NIL opportunities?

Well, this could get tricky because the money of Tech’s and A&M’s boosters is just as green as everyone else’s. But Texas is the flagship institution of the state; the number and quality of major companies located in Austin compared to Lubbock or College Station is dramatic.

A&M and Tech can match any NIL opportunity any other school could put out there. What they couldn’t match is the long-term value of being associated with the Texas Longhorns, college football’s no. 1 brand.

I don’t know how this recruitment will play out. I don’t have a Ouija board. But I’m gonna be here for the ride!

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Bijan has quite a few NIL deals.  The dude is raking in cash.  He’s also got a hot ass gf that’s a cheerleader at Texas and is backstage at every concert with artists.  He’s a full blown celebrity in Austin.  

That’s what Ewers wants outside of playing time.  Money, build his brand, and a starting spot.

He’s not going to tech or aggy.  I think Tech is in there to give his high school coach some good pub and aggy is in there so it looks like we beat them out honestly.  Dude never considered aggy during his recruitment and he’s not stupid enough to play in that offense.

As long as football is first with him I’m all go. If he comes just tryna make bank and football is 2nd give me Murphy. We need to change the culture around here where football is a priority again 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

As long as football is first with him I’m all go. If he comes just tryna make bank and football is 2nd give me Murphy. We need to change the culture around here where football is a priority again 

If Sark prioritizes Murphy over Ewers he should be fired on the spot. Beyond the fact Ewers is a substantially better prospect, he will also generate a ton of momentum with other recruits. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, D3zii said:

I agree, however at this point we need any talent we can get.  Hell we’re still taking Jaydon Blue and are begging Evan Stewart to come here.  Two guys kicked off their teams.  And then J’Mond Tapp who got in trouble for hazing.  We aren’t exactly recruiting sunshine while boys at the moment! Haha

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

As long as football is first or second or third I'm in.

As long as he isn't Tyler Johnson I'm in.

Murphy is good but he isn't anywhere close to Ewers as a QB today.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust