Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

48 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This website has lost its fucking mind if they think the second highest rated QB in recruiting history is basing his transfer decision on a guy who was a GA for a mediocre team half a decade ago.

Is he second only because vince was first? Because 1.000 is a tie with 1.000

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's funny how easy some people part with another person's money. 

If I was clearing $30MM a year, I'd kick in a few of them to get a quarterback to go to my alma mater.

It's just possible that Mahomes and other rich people may have higher priorities for their supposedly excess cash than securing your favorite recruit to your favorite school.  The speculation about that is as idle as it gets.

I wish a rich guy would buy me a nice house. Not a mansion. Not on the beach. Just a nice house with a view from a hill not too far from a nice city. He wouldn't even miss the money.

Never seems to happen.

Texas and other schools have shown they will come up with money. Big money. There is no comparable evidence about Tech.

Sounds like you need to put out more.

Just now, LOHorn said:

Which two? The football board one, this one, the portal one, or the 2022 recruiting one. All are focused on Ewers right now. 

Portal is portal. The recruiting and football ones. Technically he's not a recruit, but it was relevant in his recruiting thread. I usually move recruit threads to football when they play. 

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

This Tech shit is a fucking smoke screen for something else already planned. All just to cover tracks I'm sure. Kinda like LSU and Riley, just to distract from what's really going down.

Yeah I mean Tech just makes no sense especially without Dodge. Kittley seems like a good OC but he has only 3 years of non-P5 experience and Quinn has likely never even met him so zero relationship. Obviously Texas has a ton going for it between Sark, Austin, surrounding talent, childhood affinity, and NIL. You never know with these kids, but Tech would just defy all logic.

And there are reasons for a smoke screen - 1. NIL leverage and 2. Avoid any tampering claims

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah I mean Tech just makes no sense especially without Dodge. Kittley seems like a good OC but he has only 3 years of non-P5 experience and Quinn has likely never even met him so zero relationship. Obviously Texas has a ton going for it between Sark, Austin, surrounding talent, childhood affinity, and NIL. You never know with these kids, but Tech would just defy all logic.

And there are reasons for a smoke screen - 1. NIL leverage and 2. Avoid any tampering claims

I am choosing to believe your last sentence 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

FWIW (not much), there are quite a few posters on 247 claiming to have Southlake connections and all saying it's definitely Texas. Obviously tend to ignore those people and assume they're trolls but the quantity and consistency of them is interesting

The problem with this thesis is the Texas 247 subscriber base legitimately might be the dumbest collection of imbeciles on the internet. This is not hyperbole.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

FWIW (not much), there are quite a few posters on 247 claiming to have Southlake connections and all saying it's definitely Texas. Obviously tend to ignore those people and assume they're trolls but the quantity and consistency of them is interesting

Funny thing is, we won’t believe it until he’s actually here. But if they were all saying it’s tech we’d 100% believe them lol.
  • Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust