Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

So much about that episode was somewhat predictable, but it wasn't known exactly how we were going to get there.  That was some of the best TV I've ever seen from start to finish.

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

premier league hug GIF by Arsenal

Also felt like the mask was a nice nod to this guy

Is that the Hulk?  Why is he green?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hate said:

So much about that episode was somewhat predictable, but it wasn't known exactly how we were going to get there.  That was some of the best TV I've ever seen from start to finish.

Oh absolutely.  You know by and large based on 2.8 seasons this show isn't going to throw some messed up, jumbled up ending at you....but it's still very well done.  

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Only outstanding thing is Rebecca wants a baby. Maybe the last Rupert woman is pregnant and wants Rebecca to be the mom.

Or she becomes the den mother of the "Women Fucked Over By Rupert Mannion" Club

Edited by Surly Bevo

The only reason I can think of that they care enough about the season standings to mention them and have the team on this long win streak is to validate the lasso method?  Does anything feel different if they beat city at the end of the season to stay up instead of to have a chance at the title?  At this point, Richmond has already qualified for champions league- you’d think that would be mentioned at some point by the coaches, ownership, players, or fans. 

41 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Good episode to set this thing up and finish it off. Wrap it up nicely next week and let’s call it a successful 3 season series that came out of nowhere to beat expectations and be a good little series. Everyone involved with the show should be proud.

We will have none of that. It will be the usual suspects mercilessly shitting all over it and repeating their points endlessly.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Spoiler just because 

Spoiler

I’m slow, and hasn’t seen Jamie’s dad in a while. Was that one scene showing that he wasn’t at the game because he was at inpatient rehab?

And as an aside, even thought they are calling him van damme now, I think it’s great that they gave zoreaux a mask. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Spoiler just because 

Reveal hidden contents

I’m slow, and hasn’t seen Jamie’s dad in a while. Was that one scene showing that he wasn’t at the game because he was at inpatient rehab?

And as an aside, even thought they are calling him van damme now, I think it’s great that they gave zoreaux a mask. 

Spoiler

It sounded like his Dad is dead.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Spoiler just because 

Hide contents

Yes, that was his dad in the rehab facility, I'd imagine for alcoholism. Yes, I too thought he was dead until that moment.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Seems like something the English media may have found out in the past 3 years. 

Made me wonder if Beard is his real last name, or a ridiculous pseudonym to cover up his sketchy past, but loved the backstory

Ted was the backup punter, I was the backup kicker. 

15 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I do like me some you’ve got mail too 

But Sleepless in Seattle was a superior movie.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The only reason I can think of that they care enough about the season standings to mention them and have the team on this long win streak is to validate the lasso method?  Does anything feel different if they beat city at the end of the season to stay up instead of to have a chance at the title?  At this point, Richmond has already qualified for champions league- you’d think that would be mentioned at some point by the coaches, ownership, players, or fans. 

I think this is a case of playing to the general audience and not the knowledgeable EPL fans.  Winning the championship is what average TV watchers understand, they wouldn't understand the importance and legitimacy of simply making the top 4 for Champions.

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

But Sleepless in Seattle was a superior movie.

I think this is a case of playing to the general audience and not the knowledgeable EPL fans.  Winning the championship is what average TV watchers understand, they wouldn't understand the importance and legitimacy of simply making the top 4 for Champions.

Especially after they established that bottom four of EPL, you go to the Championship...now top 4 is Champions. Fuckin' wankers...

• Hook 'Em 1

Now THAT was an episode!!!

I’m still salty about Nate’s redemption arc but it gave us the awesome Beard backstory so I’ll make my peace with it.

I loved that when Keeley saw her poster on Jamie’s wall she said “Fuuuucking hellllllll” in her best Roy Kent gravelly growl.

• Hook 'Em 1