Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

19 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nice win. Them fabricating disrespect from opposing coaches is unnecessary and fucking annoying though 

A lot of anonymous quotes in the media in the off-season and leading up to TCU so I don’t think that was manufactured 

Then you have UNL a truly hated rival. We will see going forward 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TheRealAB said:

Took a $100 bet with a friend on Colorado having under 4.5 wins in PAC 12 play. I am not a believer in Colorado this year despite results so far. Curious to see how it plays out.

I don’t think you exactly went out on a limb there. Getting to 5 wins in conference  with a team that thin is going to take a little luck 

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

I had to look this up because I had no idea, but it wasn't fabricated out of thin air:

Nebraska Coach stews up beef with CU

Lol that’s it?

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
22 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:
Nice win. Them fabricating disrespect from opposing coaches is unnecessary and fucking annoying though 

The next time you complement Prime or CU will be the first time. We get it, you're not a fan.

And? I’ve given him props, I can still find him annoying. I dislike Tom Brady but he’s a winner. If you want nothing but Deion Sanders knob slobbing go touch weiners with your “non racist” CU buddies on y’alls board. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

On 9/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, Samson's Wig said:

It will be interesting to see if he sticks around after his kids are done.  I kind of doubt it.  He seems to be doing this for them, and more power to him!

The way he kicked off all the scholarship players when he got to CU, no way he sticks around. Shit, I could see him getting an offer at a big school before his kids leave, and just having them follow him.

That's not a sleight on Deion Sanders, btw. College football is ruthless and it's a world where you can get fired in year 2 if you suck bad enough as a coach. He's treating College Football like the billion dollar business it is, and power to him for navigating it well. I'd do the exact same thing if I could.

11 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol that’s it?

If you were a starting QB and coach's son, and the head coach of a future opponent (& old rival) took a public shot at your coach & dad, you wouldn't take it personally?

"Fabricating disrepect" is when Tom Brady declares "everyone doubted us!" in a first round playoff game when his team was the betting favorite. I'll lol @ Matt Rhule running his fat mouth when there was absolutely nothing to gain from it.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

If you were a starting QB and coach's son, and the head coach of a future opponent (& old rival) took a public shot at your coach & dad, you wouldn't take it personally?

"Fabricating disrepect" is when Tom Brady declares "everyone doubted us!" in a first round playoff game when his team was the betting favorite. I'll lol @ Matt Rhule running his fat mouth when there was absolutely nothing to gain from it.

That comment was a big fat nothing burger and anyone who got offended by it is a big fat pussy. Nice click bait though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I'll lol @ Matt Rhule running his fat mouth when there was absolutely nothing to gain from it.

you don't think it was a positive thing for him to say he loved the players at Nebraska and was looking forward to coaching them vs bringing in new dudes in the portal?!

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

That comment was a big fat nothing burger and anyone who got offended by it is a big fat pussy. Nice click bait though. 

Again, do you just not follow sports at all? Coaches will always hype up any disrespect, no matter how slight, to motivate a team. You act like this surprises you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Again, do you just not follow sports at all? Coaches will always hype up any disrespect, no matter how slight, to motivate a team. You act like this surprises you. 

And that’s fine. Referencing mundane shit “Kendall Briles didn’t say hi to me at a highschool camp 😩😩😩” 2 weeks in a row in post game pressers after solid wins is still fucking annoying. Am interested to see how long the streak goes though, can’t wait for Shedeur to say they beat Oregon because Bo Nixs mom didn’t say god bless you after he sneezed one time.

• Haha 2

On 9/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Thatguy said:

Pancho- You know damn well that's not what he means. @Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't afraid to let his cultural differences be at the forefront of his image. The way he talks. The music they play in the locker room when he says "give me my theme music". He isn't trying to assimilate, He is saying I am going to be me like it or not. Most of us out there doing well for ourselves take the Grey Slacks approach. Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't doing that, which he is totally correct about. It's hard for me to disagree with Chewy here since Prime IS the first guy like him to be a coach for a non HBCU program that I can think of. All these years no one has hired a Sanders? Maybe the guy has a point. Am I missing a coach in history like that?

Juwan Howard absolutely had reputation for being "inner-city"/a "thug" especially when he was younger and a member of the fab five, and Mich hired him. Shit, he took a swing at one coach, and tried starting shit with Turgeon....and he's still got the gig in Ann Arbor. So if this flies at Michigan of all places, its gonna fly at most schools as long as you also bring along a shot at a title. Now after missing the tourney last year, he might not get as much leeway moving forward. 

But in general, there is too much money involved in college athletics for racism to stand in the way of Prime getting hired, although it could influence his eventually getting fired. Take a backwards-ass hillbilly state like Arkansas that had Nolan Richardson as a HC in the 80's/90's. Thanks to 3 final 4's in 6 years, he didn't really have to mute his "blackness".  Well at least until he stopped winning, but once that happened, his dismissal was heavy with racist allegations. There's a bunch of racists in the South, just like in the  Northeast, Midwest, Mountain States, etc... but they all want their favorite teams to win. 

But in my opinion, if Deion has his way, his next stop will be the NFL. Thats where the lights shine the brightest and that is ultimately what Deion craves the most.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Juwan Howard absolutely had reputation for being "inner-city"/a "thug" especially when he was younger and a member of the fab five, and Mich hired him. Shit, he took a swing at one coach, and tried starting shit with Turgeon....and he's still got the gig in Ann Arbor. So if this flies at Michigan of all places, its gonna fly at most schools as long as you also bring along a shot at a title. Now after missing the tourney last year, he might not get as much leeway moving forward. 

But in general, there is too much money involved in college athletics for racism to stand in the way of Prime getting hired, although it could influence his eventually getting fired. Take a backwards-ass hillbilly state like Arkansas that had Nolan Richardson as a HC in the 80's/90's. Thanks to 3 final 4's in 6 years, he didn't really have to mute his "blackness".  Well at least until he stopped winning, but once that happened, his dismissal was heavy with racist allegations. There's a bunch of racists in the South, just like in the  Northeast, Midwest, Mountain States, etc... but they all want their favorite teams to win. 

But in my opinion, if Deion has his way, his next stop will be the NFL. Thats where the lights shine the brightest and that is ultimately what Deion craves the most.

Bro what? Howard played at Michigan. That isn't a good example whether the idea of Sanders being too black to coach at some schools has weight or not (I don't really think it does). Nolan Richardson is a better example. 

It's also basketball - where you see a lot more black coaches at big programs. 

I'm sure FSU would hire him in a heartbeat if he keeps the success up. Then again, Norvell appears to be panning out okay.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Bro what? Howard played at Michigan. That isn't a good example whether the idea of Sanders being too black to coach at some schools has weight or not (I don't really think it does).

It's also basketball - where you see a lot more black coaches at big programs.

I'm sure FSU would hire him in a heartbeat if he keeps the success up. Then again, Norvell appears to be panning out okay.

The Howard part of my post was really a reply to whether major universities have ever hired a guy like Sanders and it was the most recent example that came to mind. But again, I really don't think being black or being "prime time" would keep him from being hired away if he has big success in Boulder. Simply too much money on the line these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/8/2023 at 3:39 PM, Thatguy said:

Pancho- You know damn well that's not what he means. @Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't afraid to let his cultural differences be at the forefront of his image. The way he talks. The music they play in the locker room when he says "give me my theme music". He isn't trying to assimilate, He is saying I am going to be me like it or not. Most of us out there doing well for ourselves take the Grey Slacks approach. Chewbacca is saying Prime isn't doing that, which he is totally correct about. It's hard for me to disagree with Chewy here since Prime IS the first guy like him to be a coach for a non HBCU program that I can think of. All these years no one has hired a Sanders? Maybe the guy has a point. Am I missing a coach in history like that?

At least one guy understands what I'm trying to say here.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

And that’s fine. Referencing mundane shit “Kendall Briles didn’t say hi to me at a highschool camp 😩😩😩” 2 weeks in a row in post game pressers after solid wins is still fucking annoying. Am interested to see how long the streak goes though, can’t wait for Shedeur to say they beat Oregon because Bo Nixs mom didn’t say god bless you after he sneezed one time.

If they beat Oregon I don't care what Shedeur used to get himself hyped up. Besides, what type of bitch wouldn't say bless you. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

At least one guy understands what I'm trying to say here.  

It's not racist because you understand that black people in the business world code-switch. It actually shows you know what the fuck is going on. It's what we do to make people feel comfortable with our presence as well as "blend in". Prime does none of that, and this clearly is rubbing people the wrong way as they expect him to rank and file. I get exactly what you are trying to say and it's dead on accurate.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Thatguy said:

media.gif.1fed236853bbd1e0112ae56957ead52a.gif33d.gif.de9b3eedb0a5c12f7e0b3a422975a6da.gif

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 5:19 AM, Thatguy said:

Lol. No Prime isn't trying TO put his cultural differences to the forefront, he just isn't code-switching like the rest of us do. 

Entertainers get to appear to be a thing as long as they're entertaining... 

But you can bet someone in Colorado is going to call security at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Already covered

F2Y-G0yXwAAHCIu?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 9/7/2023 at 12:53 PM, Chewbacca said:

Dude, I went to college in Texas, have wife's family in Texas and I'm down there probably 1-2 times a quarter for business.  I'm well aware of the level of casual racism that exists in Texas vs. Colorado.  It's really high, btw.

Lot of black people in Colorado, right?

Texas vs Bama topped the TV ratings last week w a 8.8 million viewers. Guess who came in second for a game between two unranked teams at noon? 

Nebraska's loss at Colorado was seen by quite a few people last Saturday. The Fox network has announced that 8.73 million viewers turned in to see the Huskers fall to the Buffaloes by a score of 36-14.

12 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Texas vs Bama topped the TV ratings last week w a 8.8 million viewers. Guess who came in second for a game between two unranked teams at noon? 

Nebraska's loss at Colorado was seen by quite a few people last Saturday. The Fox network has announced that 8.73 million viewers turned in to see the Huskers fall to the Buffaloes by a score of 36-14.

I think the issues with ESPN and charter might have something to do with that 

18 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

It was the only game worth a shit in that 11AM slot

Purdue @ VA Tech        12:00 PM    Lane Stadium
Delaware @ Penn St        12:00 PM    Beaver Stadium
Troy @ Kansas St        12:00 PM    Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium
James Mad @ Virginia        12:00 PM    Scott Stadium
Youngstown State @ Ohio St    12:00 PM    Ohio Stadium
Holy Cross @ Boston Col        12:00 PM    Alumni Stadium
Notre Dame @ NC State        12:00 PM    Carter-Finley Stadium
Utah @ Baylor            12:00 PM    McLane Stadium
Delaware State @ Army        12:00 PM    Michie Stadium
Ball St @ Georgia        12:00 PM    Sanford Stadium
Nebraska @ Colorado        12:00 PM    Folsom Field

Deion will bring the eyeballs. CU is the #1 story in cfb right now, and that will continue to be the case probably until if/when they get blown out. 

15 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Yeah, that has been a mess, but when was the last time an unranked Colorado team was playing an 0-1 Nebraska team at noon and got the coverage that game got?

Matt ruhle effect 

35 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Yep.  I was in nyc. Wanted to watch from hotel room.  Ended up watching at utah bar.  Drats 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It was the only game worth a shit in that 11AM slot

Deion will bring the eyeballs. CU is the #1 story in cfb right now, and that will continue to be the case probably until if/when they get blown out. 

I meant for Texas Alabama viewers.  ESPN and ABC were not available to some people.  Texas would have had much more than 8.8m 

Edited by EuroHorn

On 9/12/2023 at 12:25 AM, Hank_Hill said:

On 9/10/2023 at 9:37 PM, LTbear said:

Ya coaches never hype up the disrespect from an opposing team to motivate their players.

The Rhule comment was nothing, and yeah, it's a part of Deion's approach that I find really bothersome. And yeah, coaches can manufacture bulletin board material in the locker room (I've always doubted its effectiveness), but rarely do so publicly. The tweet is perfect, he'll find some nonsense to make personal. 

On 9/11/2023 at 12:56 AM, Hank_Hill said:

Lol that’s it?

No, Rhule also took a shot at the media attention surrounding Deion. As if he wouldn’t kill to have anyone care half as much about his rebuild in Lincoln. All anyone wants to talk about when it comes to that is what a monumental blunder he made recruiting Jeff Sims to play QB.

All Matt Rhule said was, "I'm not one of those guys, I don't let cameras in. There won't be a camera following me around. I want it to always be [about] the players."

Rhule made these comments during an interview on the Bussin' With the Boys podcast, a show co-hosted by former Nebraska linebacker Will Compton, shortly after he was hired to turn around the Nebraska program. At the time, Rhule probably didn't think much of anything would come of it. Saturday, though. he learned otherwise.

"It was extremely personal," said Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders following the Buffaloes' 36-14 win over the Huskers. "[Rhule] said a lot of things about my pops, about the program, but now that he want to act nice -- I don't respect that because you're hating on another man, you shouldn't do that. It was just, all respect was gone for them and their program. I like playing against their DC, I like playing against them, but the respect level, it ain't there 'cause you disrespected us first."

Sanders was also upset about Rhule standing on the midfield logo, but odds are his anger stemmed directly from those comments about the cameras. The comments didn't mention his father, first-year Colorado coach Deion Sanders, by name but were clearly about the man affectionately known as "Coach Prime."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/b1g-time-forget-disrespect-matt-rhules-biggest-problem-is-at-qb-during-early-stages-of-nebraska-rebuild/

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

On 9/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Matt Rhule fucking sucks though and so does Nebraska. So people should find them offensive, because they exist and suck so much. I take that personal.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Oh, I see you've resurfaced. I can't wait to learn more about how much better life is in Colorado than Texas. 

main-qimg-a108f45165a3f1cf043832fe038481

Yep, we have her, but thankfully we don't have a state full of twats like her.  Texas does, though.  Shall we list them off?

CU was ranked when they played NU last week.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yep, we have her, but thankfully we don't have a state full of twats like her.  Texas does, though.  Shall we list them off?

CU was ranked when they played NU last week.  

You are correct about Colorado previously being ranked. My bad. 

I am responding to your comments about hanging w so many racists in Texas and then proclaiming Texas to be a racist state. Aside from questions about why you are hanging w those people in the first place, I can assure you that there are plenty of racist morons in Colorado and it's silly to proclaim one place better than another in that respect.