Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't believe that people think that Texas or Alabama would ever hire fucking Deion Sanders. Good Lord get a grip.

Why wouldn't Texas or Alabama hire Coach Prime? Does he not meet the standards?

Alabama:

• Mike Price - fired after a golf tournament fundraiser where he brought strippers to his hotel room and the gals ran up a big food bill after he checked out (NTTAWWT)

Texas:

• Charlie Strong - rumored affair w booster's wife, dumbest man ever to coach at Texas (and that's saying a lot)  
  • Tom Herman - attended strips clubs w Zach Smith, flipped off UT cameras, didn't stay for Eyes of Texas, etc, etc, etc

Perhaps a case could be made that the schools would feel Deion can't be controlled enough by the boosters & administrators, but either fanbase would love to have him after Saban leaves and Sark potentially fails. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Perhaps a case could be made that the schools would feel Deion can't be controlled enough by the boosters & administrators

A case could be made? Alabama or Texas is not hiring a guy whose personality is bigger than the program. He's a constant media circus whether or not he's a good coach (and he is nowhere near being qualified to coach at either program yet). Neither program's boosters would ever want to deal with that shit. 

If he has a nice stretch at UC I'm sure he'll get a better job offer. It won't be Texas or Bama. 

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Deion is who we thought/hoped we were getting with Strong and Herman. If he gets CU on track, while 7-Win stays on his historical trajectory, we almost certainly take a run at him. 

Y'all are delusional. He's won one game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A case could be made? Alabama or Texas is not hiring a guy whose personality is bigger than the program. He's a constant media circus whether or not he's a good coach (and he is nowhere near being qualified to coach at either program yet). Neither program's boosters would ever want to deal with that shit. 

If he has a nice stretch at UC I'm sure he'll get a better job offer. It won't be Texas or Bama. 

I've already written this here often, but I see Deion as an inspirational figure. He is also viewed this way by a large segment of the population and by the recruits. 

He's exceptional at self-promotion, and knows how to use it to his advantage better than any coach I've ever seen. (The documentary-styled videos his son made for the Colorado game are the best I've ever seen.) He's always going to be polarizing for some people, (other HBCU coaches viewed him as a threat) but he has now personally transformed two programs both in performance and more importantly, financially. Aside from his big win, he has transformed CU in a way never seen before. Did you know CU swag is selling over 700% more than from before he came to the school? 

Texas, Alabama and a host of other schools would be very happy to have him. 

58 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He said "we dont have team captains....we dont believe in that foolishness, we have leaders and dawgs".

In my head i was like, it sounds like you DO believe in that foolishness, just that you call it something else. Whatever.

I don’t disagree. That’s really what it is. I just don’t know why people give a shit as to what they are called. It’s not a big deal like some want it to be. It’s almost like people are trying to find something to be outraged about related to Deion or this program. 

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't believe that people think that Texas or Alabama would ever hire fucking Deion Sanders. Good Lord get a grip.

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You don’t know this. None of us do. Boosters are crazy drunk (literally and metaphorically) and want to win. If he wins… 

Deion has been a “media circus” at Colorado to get attention put on the program because their lack of wins sure as fuck wasn’t doing it. I’m not saying he would or wouldn’t get a job like Texas or Alabama because I don’t know that and am not privy to that type of information. I mean, we hired Cocaine Tom so…

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t disagree. That’s really what it is. I just don’t know why people give a shit as to what they are called. It’s not a big deal like some want it to be. It’s almost like people are trying to find something to be outraged about related to Deion or this program. 

You don’t know this. None of us do. Boosters are crazy drunk (literally and metaphorically) and want to win. If he wins… 

Deion has been a “media circus” at Colorado to get attention put on the program because their lack of wins sure as fuck wasn’t doing it. I’m not saying he would or wouldn’t get a job like Texas or Alabama because I don’t know that and am not privy to that type of information. I mean, we hired Cocaine Tom so…

Not outraged at all, and it honestly doesn't change my opinion of him one way or another, I just said I thought it was dumb, because I'm old. If he succeeds, he'll definitely be pursued by the UT's and Alabamas when the time comes. I think he'll also grow with the job a little and maintain his edge while softening up some aspects of his personality to work better with blueblood boosters who are mostly old white men.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I would take his media circus any day of the week over the unimaginative, uninspiring, mediocre, boring, middle-manager types we have been subjected to (and currently have) since Mac left. Hell, I saw Mac dancing on TV after his big win this week and thought that was pretty cool. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Deion isn’t a moron or someone who is unaccustomed to dealing with rich power brokers after all his time in the NFL, media, and (at one time) one of the most marketable athletes in the endorsement game.  He can charm the blue blood types if you put him in a room with them.  It’s not going to be like Chappelle “When keeping it real goes wrong” with him shouting Wu Tang at some 80 year old billionaire.

But I don’t think he gets the opportunity unless he wins really big at Colorado and is viewed as a sure thing to win big anywhere.  

Deion knows exactly what he's doing.  Talked a lot of shit after a single win and laid the groundwork to avoid criticism after future losses.  If you question what he's doing its because you're threatened by a black man.  His words.  That will scare away a lot from critiquing him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

But I don’t think he gets the opportunity unless he wins really big at Colorado and is viewed as a sure thing to win big anywhere.  

Thats the thing. If he rattles off an undefeated season while at CU, it will be pretty clear that the dude can win anywhere and Texas would absolutely take a look. We've been fucking around with our thumb up our ass the last decade + hiring losers like its our school purpose. Eventually, the guys that stroke those checks will want to win. 

Will Deion have that type of success? Fuck if I know, but I suspect that with  Tier 1 NIL support, that dude will out-recruit errbody. And that's usually a good start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Thats the thing. If he rattles off an undefeated season while at CU, it will be pretty clear that the dude can win anywhere and Texas would absolutely take a look. We've been fucking around with our thumb up our ass the last decade + hiring losers like its our school purpose. Eventually, the guys that stroke those checks will want to win. 

Will Deion have that type of success? Fuck if I know, but I suspect that with  Tier 1 NIL support, that dude will out-recruit errbody. And that's usually a good start. 

lol dude didn't even rattle off an undefeated season at Jackson State, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

re: recruiting: they are currently at #70 in the country with 8 commits. they are just behind UNLV and just ahead of FAU and Miami of Ohio currently. they are slightly ahead of Houston, who also has 8 commits. their recruiting will get better but come on man.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:
Fuck Coach Prime in his worthless goat ass.     This was his zenith.   I hope he loses more games this year than toes.  
I edited this to sound less harsh. 

You still pissed about that touchdown from '85?

1:23:30 mark.  He was a fast motherfucker.  But Gata won the day.

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2023 at 12:54 PM, Blotto said:

You can probably convince me that the husker D is superior to TCU's D, but if CU scores 30, can Rhule squeeze that many out of his side? Who knows maybe all those turnovers were just game 1 jitters. But Boulder will be fucking jacked for this game (at least as jacked as Boulder can get). Rhule gets his first shot at a top 25 team while coaching Nebraska....my guess is his record vs ranked teams falls to 2-17. 

Pretty much the bolded part.  NUs D looked solid last week.  They seemed to understand the system and be in the right place to make plays.  That said, they didn't get into the backfield much to disrupt anything.  The Offense was a hot mess.  Couldn't run the ball outside of the QB and certainly couldn't pass.  It was 4 quarters of wildcat.

I don't think the OLine is good enough to sustain long drives and gradually wear CU down.  I don't see any way NUs offense scores more than 17 points.  CU will need to turn the ball over a lot for NU to win.

Edited by Bodhi

12 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Pretty much the bolded part.  NUs D looked solid last week.  They seemed to understand the system and be in the right place to make plays.  That said, they didn't get into the backfield much to disrupt anything.  The Offense was a hot mess.  Couldn't run the ball outside of the QB and certainly couldn't pass.  It was 4 quarters of wildcat.

I don't think the OLine is good enough to sustain long drives and gradually wear CU down.  I don't see any way NUs offense scores more than 17 points.  CU will need to turn the ball over a lot for NU to win.

TCU scored 42 points and was #130 of 133 in Bill C's returning offensive production stat lol.

the CU defense is NOT GOOD.

the Nebraska offense ain't great either, but for CU to win they are going to have to outscore basically everyone.

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Why wouldn't Texas or Alabama hire Coach Prime? Does he not meet the standards?

Alabama:

• Mike Price - fired after a golf tournament fundraiser where he brought strippers to his hotel room and the gals ran up a big food bill after he checked out (NTTAWWT)

Texas:

• Charlie Strong - rumored affair w booster's wife, dumbest man ever to coach at Texas (and that's saying a lot)  
  • Tom Herman - attended strips clubs w Zach Smith, flipped off UT cameras, didn't stay for Eyes of Texas, etc, etc, etc

Perhaps a case could be made that the schools would feel Deion can't be controlled enough by the boosters & administrators, but either fanbase would love to have him after Saban leaves and Sark potentially fails. 

You and the rest of the Deion honks need to get a fucking grip. I'm not sold on Sarkisian at Texas, but he's not on the hot seat and won't be after this season unless he's worse than 9-4. There's no interest in stalling what the guy is selling in terms of what he's building.

If Deion wins big at CU, he'll be a candidate everywhere, Texas and Bama included. He needs to win big, first. TCU's poor showing doesn't mean we're staring down the barrel of a 2023 CU playoff run. They average less the 250 pounds on the DL and their OL is weak. Many programs on the schedule are going to be smarter about making them overcome that and letting Hunter stay healthy at 130 snaps per game. Great win and all, but talking about the wholly made-up notion that Texas and Bama wouldn't even consider poor Deion is bullshit. The data set is incomplete.

As far as proven guys that Bama or Texas would look at this winter, in the fantasyland of hypotheticals, there is not a better candidate than Kalen DeBoer, and that includes Deion, Traylor, Elko, or whoever the fuck else people want to tout.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I actually don’t think Deion would have a hard time at all charming old money white boosters. I’m fact I think he’d already be one of the better coaches in the country at it. 

lol

if he is so good at it how was he not able to charm a single BMD across the entire country to be willing to help him get better job/school than Colorado? why wasn't one of the best players in the history of FSU not able to even get an interview much less the job there, at a program that is pretty notoriously led by boosters?

if he is so good at it, why isn't there already some CU NIL Deathstar out there? with a great NIL wouldn't they at least be top 50 in the composite recruiting wise if he was good at it?

i know it's your entire bit to say dumb shit, but this is really, really, really dumb shit.

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Hell, I saw Mac dancing on TV after his big win this week and thought that was pretty cool. 

You and I have much, much different opinions about what is cool.

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

i know it's your entire bit to say dumb shit, but this is really, really, really dumb shit.

Wait, you think that's a bit?

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You and the rest of the Deion honks need to get a fucking grip. I'm not sold on Sarkisian at Texas, but he's not on the hot seat and won't be after this season unless he's worse than 9-4. There's no interest in stalling what the guy is selling in terms of what he's building.

If Deion wins big at CU, he'll be a candidate everywhere, Texas and Bama included. He needs to win big, first. TCU's poor showing doesn't mean we're staring down the barrel of a 2023 CU playoff run. They average less the 250 pounds on the DL and their OL is weak. Many programs on the schedule are going to be smarter about making them overcome that and letting Hunter stay healthy at 130 snaps per game. Great win and all, but talking about the wholly made-up notion that Texas and Bama wouldn't even consider poor Deion is bullshit. The data set is incomplete.

As far as proven guys that Bama or Texas would look at this winter, in the fantasyland of hypotheticals, there is not a better candidate than Kalen DeBoer, and that includes Deion, Traylor, Elko, or whoever the fuck else people want to tout.

Lot of points made here. I stated that Texas and Bama could potentially consider him. I'm not sure he's the best match here. There are so many issues at Texas that make it really hard to win. Your statements below in bold and my responses. 

"I'm not sold on Sarkisian at Texas, but he's not on the hot seat and won't be after this season unless he's worse than 9-4." I never said he was on the hot seat. I WISH he was on the hot seat, because like you have previously stated, I think he is a mid-level solution at best who isn't in the right job for him. (SEE REFERENCE A) He's just the latest continuation of the profound lameness that has brought me to the point where I am no longer get invested emotionally about the program. Texas does provide me with lots of fun content, though, with stripper monkeys, moronic coaches, etc.

REFERENCE A:

Sark-Donalds.jpg

Great win and all, but talking about the wholly made-up notion that Texas and Bama wouldn't even consider poor Deion is bullshit. @ztejas stated this very notion, so I responded to it. This is the thread to discuss Deion, and it's a interesting point that garnered lots of interesting responses. Not sure why you care what we post, but okay. 

OF COURSE his head coaching data set is incomplete. I am more impressed with how he merchandises his personal brand to create attention (he is being talked about on every media show right now) and recruit good players. In less than a year, he has made Colorado the cool place to play in a way I didn't think was possible.   

I like the coaches you referenced, though I have my doubts anyone can win here in this current environment.    

18 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You and I have much, much different opinions about what is cool.

Fair point and well said, haha. Look, I hated end-times Mack as much as everyone else, but I saw more personality and connecting with his players in that five-second clip than I have seen from Sark in three years. 

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

lol

if he is so good at it how was he not able to charm a single BMD across the entire country to be willing to help him get better job/school than Colorado? why wasn't one of the best players in the history of FSU not able to even get an interview much less the job there, at a program that is pretty notoriously led by boosters?

if he is so good at it, why isn't there already some CU NIL Deathstar out there? with a great NIL wouldn't they at least be top 50 in the composite recruiting wise if he was good at it?

Name the big time schools that were searching for a head coach this past offseason. I’ll wait. Spoiler alert: FSU wasn’t one of them. 

Lulz at “CU NIL Deathstar”. No one at CU gives a fuck about football. He’s talked the few that do into giving a lot more money to the program than they ever have before. This was probably the stupidest point in your whole post.

If he wins at that kind of school he’ll be the hottest name in the head coaching world. That’s just reality. Go cry about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Man you dork ass Deion haters are weird as fuck 

FWIW, my post had nothing to do with hate.  I really think he's coaching for his kids, and when that motivator is gone he will hang it up.  It's not like he needs the money, success, or any other part of it - especially the headaches.  An argument could be made that he likes the attention too much to retire, I guess.  

I'm a fan of Coach Prime, just as I was a fan of Neon Deion in the late 80's and nineties.  I think some of the younger posters here may not realize just how much a generation of old white Texas fucks hate Sanders for keeping the Cowboys out of the Super Bowl and also, you know, because they're racist fucks and don't like it when black men to speak their mind.  He would struggle at UT or a similar program for just this reason.  There are too many asswipes like this still around and in positions of influence.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Samson's Wig said:

FWIW, my post had nothing to do with hate.  I really think he's coaching for his kids, and when that motivator is gone he will hang it up.  It's not like he needs the money, success, or any other part of it - especially the headaches.  An argument could be made that he likes the attention too much to retire, I guess.  

I'm a fan of Coach Prime, just as I was a fan of Neon Deion in the late 80's and nineties.  I think some of the younger posters here may not realize just how much a generation of old white Texas fucks hate Sanders for keeping the Cowboys out of the Super Bowl and also, you know, because they're racist fucks and don't like it when black men to speak their mind.  He would struggle at UT or a similar program for just this reason.  There are too many asswipes like this still around and in positions of influence.

Yep this has a lot to do with it. Any dork fat white coach doing this is normal and just how it works and is ok. Deion doing it? Fuck that

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep this has a lot to do with it. Any dork fat white coach doing this is normal and just how it works and is ok. Deion doing it? Fuck that

This is bullshit. Any white coach pulling the same shit  would get made fun of, potentially more because they’d come off lame as fuck. Cuz white.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’m curious to see if Leipold will still be at Kansas after this season.

I guess I'm still a kid at heart...

Worded strangely, Leipold's new buyout is not cheap:

"Another key feature of the agreement is the stability it brings to the program, with the listed buyout amounts being substantial should Leipold be hired away for a different job. If Leipold terminated the contract on or before April 30, 2023, he would owe Kansas $12.5 million. This number drops to $6 million after April 30, 2024, and then another $1 million annually after that. If Kansas were to terminate the contract without cause, then they would owe Leipold 80% of all remaining amounts on the contract."

• Hook 'Em 2