Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

I will say it since a lot of you won't touch it. Black people, in the US, suffer bigly from the "crabs in a bucket" mentality. I hate it. I try to tip the cap when I see other brothers who made it. That is definitely not reciprocated all the time. It's a shame to see Prime catching such flack for what he is doing by other black coaches when, if things work out, he will be paving a path for other black coaches to break into coaching and do so "being themselves". We should be wishing him well for their own sakes, but instead we are the first ones lining up to tell him to "remember his place". A shame really. Reminds me of this.....

stephen-django-unchained-gif.gif

Thanks for sharing this. It isn't something we hear about much. Some creators have made some really powerful videos about this on TikTok.   

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Angry Get Out GIF by Party Down

Deion isn't Muhammad Ali pushing for social change to fight against the draft for a bullshit war. If he was he wouldn't have left the HBCU to take the money of a university with one of the whitest alumni bases in the country in a town that's almost all white. He's a football coach. 

In the past he ran a scandalous production fucking over black families here in DFW. I saw it first hand because I personally know a few of the families that were affected. Now I don't think he's doing anything like that now and he seems to be above board with the job he's doing at CU but don't act like this dude gives a fuck about social change. 

Also, he's a whiny loudmouth always complaining about being disrespected and he takes a fucking golden throne out on the sidelines. Anyone who does that bullshit will get hated on. If he was a black coach who did his job and wasn't a clown show then it wouldn't be any issue at all. Nobody is hating on Norvell and no one hated on Charlie Strong because they're black. They eventually get hated on because they don't win. 

I don't live in Dallas, and had never heard about this scandal until this thread. It sounded pretty bad, but after reading the articles about it shared here, it sounded like a VERY convoluted situation where Deion hired some pretty incompetent, corrupted types who had a big hand in the failure of the program. 

Deion may not be actively fighting for social change, but in my view, the way Deion is providing leadership is very threatening to the status quo and social change is baked into it. Nobody hates Norvell or Strong because they don't do anything that is remotely threatening to the powers that be. Norvell's comment was pretty sad, actually. 

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I will say it since a lot of you won't touch it. Black people, in the US, suffer bigly from the "crabs in a bucket" mentality. I hate it. I try to tip the cap when I see other brothers who made it. That is definitely not reciprocated all the time. It's a shame to see Prime catching such flack for what he is doing by other black coaches when, if things work out, he will be paving a path for other black coaches to break into coaching and do so "being themselves". We should be wishing him well for their own sakes, but instead we are the first ones lining up to tell him to "remember his place". A shame really. Reminds me of this.....

stephen-django-unchained-gif.gif

Every race that is a minority in a society controlled by another race does this. With my wife's Mexican family it's pulling up the ladder behind them once they got here. They feel like the more people that come in behind them the less opportunities there will be for them because eventually the white majority is going to react to the change and come down hard on them. 

Cubans in Florida do it. Puerto Ricans are American by birth but many of them still feel the same. 

The problem with your application of this phenomenon to Deion is Deion isn't a positive role model. He's an opportunist football coach. 

The black community has had role models like John Lewis that they just flat out ignore because how he made change was difficult and it isn't sexy. They'd rather glam onto sports figures and entertainers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I don't live in Dallas, and had never heard about this scandal until this thread. It sounded pretty bad, but after reading the articles about it shared here, it sounded like a VERY convoluted situation where Deion hired some pretty incompetent, corrupted types who had a big hand in the failure of the program. 

Deion may not be actively fighting for social change, but in my view, the way Deion is providing leadership is very threatening to the status quo and social change is baked into it. Nobody hates Norvell or Strong because they don't do anything that is remotely threatening to the powers that be. Norvell's comment was pretty sad, actually. 

How is Deion threatening status quo? By taking a bunch of transfers and acting like a jackass? Wearing gold chains and taking a gold throne out onto the field? Who is that threatening? The rich white majority that run college football aren't threatened by it and couldn't give a shit because he's doing it FOR them. It's not threatening their billions of dollars it's supplementing it. 

Deion would have been much more threatening staying at the HBCU and using his leverage and celebrity to uplift them to push for more social change. 

The dude's an NFL hall of famer and a football coach. That's it. He's not fighting for change. He's trying to move up the coaching ladder to get to a power and push for national titles like every other coach. He's just acting like a jackass while doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Also, he's a whiny loudmouth always complaining about being disrespected and he takes a fucking golden throne out on the sidelines. Anyone who does that bullshit will get hated on. If he was a black coach who did his job and wasn't a clown show then it wouldn't be any issue at all. 

IMG_2684.thumb.webp.c9f0e34b7644d0b4a79ee3f10756c452.webp

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Every race that is a minority in a society controlled by another race does this. With my wife's Mexican family it's pulling up the ladder behind them once they got here. They feel like the more people that come in behind them the less opportunities there will be for them because eventually the white majority is going to react to the change and come down hard on them. 

Cubans in Florida do it. Puerto Ricans are American by birth but many of them still feel the same. 

The problem with your application of this phenomenon to Deion is Deion isn't a positive role model. He's an opportunist football coach. 

The black community has had role models like John Lewis that they just flat out ignore because how he made change was difficult and it isn't sexy. They'd rather glam onto sports figures and entertainers. 

I can't speak on other races so I don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I agree with the first part of what you wrote. My family is Hispanic from San Antonio. And in regards to @MAUFRAIS's comment about Westlake being a blanket racist community, come spend some time with mi familia in SA. You might be surprised what you hear.   

Regarding your comment about Deion not being a positive role model, he may not be one to a large segment of the population, but to many people, he surely is.

• Hook 'Em 1

How is Deion threatening status quo? By taking a bunch of transfers and acting like a jackass? Wearing gold chains and taking a gold throne out onto the field? Who is that threatening? The rich white majority that run college football aren't threatened by it and couldn't give a shit because he's doing it FOR them. It's not threatening their billions of dollars it's supplementing it. 

Deion would have been much more threatening staying at the HBCU and using his leverage and celebrity to uplift them to push for more social change. 

The dude's an NFL hall of famer and a football coach. That's it. He's not fighting for change. He's trying to move up the coaching ladder to get to a power and push for national titles like every other coach. He's just acting like a jackass while doing it. 

This CNN editorial writer seems to disagree with you. Excerpts below: 

"After his team’s first victory earlier this month, University of Colorado football coach Deion Sanders said something remarkable. He talked bluntly about racism and football in a way that few Black coaches at an elite level are willing to do.

“We’re doing things that have never been done, and that makes people uncomfortable,” Sanders said. “When you see a confident Black man sitting up here talking his talk, walking his walk, coaching 75% African Americans in the locker room, that’s kind of threatening. Oh, they don’t like that.”

We know what Sanders’ critics say. He’s got a big mouth. He plays the race card when he should just coach football. His “hype train is about to derail.”

His success cannot be separated from the political and cultural climate in Black America. Sanders may be an athlete, but he’s taking on some of the same foes many Black Americans face in their daily lives today.

Sanders represent one of those rare moments of contemporary racial progress. He has entered one of the Whitest and most conservative institutions in America — college football — and excelled. While many college football players are Black, most of the top teams are coached by White men, and many of the best teams are in red states like Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana. It’s not unusual to see Black and brown players competing on stadium turf surrounded by cheering White spectators.

23 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

This CNN editorial writer seems to disagree with you. Excerpts below: 

"After his team’s first victory earlier this month, University of Colorado football coach Deion Sanders said something remarkable. He talked bluntly about racism and football in a way that few Black coaches at an elite level are willing to do.

“We’re doing things that have never been done, and that makes people uncomfortable,” Sanders said. “When you see a confident Black man sitting up here talking his talk, walking his walk, coaching 75% African Americans in the locker room, that’s kind of threatening. Oh, they don’t like that.”

We know what Sanders’ critics say. He’s got a big mouth. He plays the race card when he should just coach football. His “hype train is about to derail.”

His success cannot be separated from the political and cultural climate in Black America. Sanders may be an athlete, but he’s taking on some of the same foes many Black Americans face in their daily lives today.

Sanders represent one of those rare moments of contemporary racial progress. He has entered one of the Whitest and most conservative institutions in America — college football — and excelled. While many college football players are Black, most of the top teams are coached by White men, and many of the best teams are in red states like Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana. It’s not unusual to see Black and brown players competing on stadium turf surrounded by cheering White spectators.

All complete bullshit. Just because Deion says it doesn't make it true. He's using it to further his own agenda for his coaching career. 

Bullshit. He's not breaking new ground. There's been many black football HCs at the highest levels and they've had varying success. Tony Dungy stood up confidently coaching majority black players to a Super Bowl win 20 years ago. It's nothing new. Because he did it with dignity and wasn't acting like a clown he doesn't deserve the respect and recognition for it? It doesn't count because he wasn't being as "black" as Deion? Bullshit. 

Deion Sanders doesn't represent the entire black community. He represents Deion Sanders. Being loudmouthed, insulting, and always claiming disrespect are not universally black traits nor are they uncommon traits in all races. They're just annoying and largely divisive and negative traits. 

Playing the race card benefits Deion Sanders because he can use it with black recruits and try to make the game about something it's not. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

image.gif.259d8425ce10b54f44b8d1e03707f5ab.gif

Dude took advantage of the attention and leaned in to it, as he should. 

Anyone is going to do the interviews if asked. We just got ranked 3rd even though its a little high for our performance level. We didn't ask for that, but we damn sure aren't going to say no thank you either. Don't be weird.

Edited by Thatguy

All complete bullshit. Just because Deion says it doesn't make it true. He's using it to further his own agenda for his coaching career. 

Bullshit. He's not breaking new ground. There's been many black football HCs at the highest levels and they've had varying success. Tony Dungy stood up confidently coaching majority black players to a Super Bowl win 20 years ago. It's nothing new. Because he did it with dignity and wasn't acting like a clown he doesn't deserve the respect and recognition for it? It doesn't count because he wasn't being as "black" as Deion? Bullshit. 

Deion Sanders doesn't represent the entire black community. He represents Deion Sanders. Being loudmouthed, insulting, and always claiming disrespect are not universally black traits nor are they uncommon traits in all races. They're just annoying and largely divisive and negative traits. 

Playing the race card benefits Deion Sanders because he can use it with black recruits and try to make the game about something it's not. 

Dungy was code switching bro. Dude is actually a menace at the cook out

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There were black boxers before Ali. His point is valid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Prime has always been who he is. Is he flashy? Yes. Tom Herman pulled some of the same shenanigans and didn't receive 10% of the same vitriol that Prime does.

You see the problem is that YOU have a standard that YOU think he should live up to, and if he doesn't then YOU deem him a bad role model and a jackass. You should probably look inside yourself and ask yourself why that is. However, if you don't know I will explain it to you. Black people, like myself, prosper by(like I eluded to earlier in this thread) code-switching. This isn't something we want to do but it is a necessity to defuse the majority group and fit in. Deion isn't doing that, so people are alarmed by what they perceive to be antics. Most people don't know that there is a huge cultural difference there. We sing the Stevie Wonder song for birthdays. We sing Amazing Grace totally different than other people. We nod up to each other instead of down. We greet each other differently in general.

All across the country there are black people wearing shades and chains, so you are kind of insulting millions of people when you say that stuff is a clown show. Also, almost every team has a turnover gimmick. It only bothers you that theirs is what it is because its attached to him.

Now I am not calling you a racist. I am saying that you are conditioned to think that all cultures should act the way that you think they should, which is exactly why code-switching exists. Because if we came to work without trying to be you then none of us would have jobs. Deion is a showoff. That much is true. But so is my neighbor with his Porsche's. So is my daughter's friend who lives a few streets over with a 15k square foot house? Who needs that? No one, but as long as they stunt the way YOU are used to them stunting its all good right? Oh lord the dude is a multimillionaire and wears gold chains. Meanwhile the dude is saying all the right things in the locker room and has 5 kids, all who seem to be doing well for themselves.

Once again, I am NOT calling you a racist. I honestly think you are a pretty solid poster. I am simply saying we all need to embrace other people's differences and quit expecting them to live up to a preset standard. Most of the hype on the guy isn't even his own fault.

Actually I disagree. I think in this case you're the one assigning the traits of Deion Sanders as traits inherent to the black community as a whole and that's just not true. Just like every race there's no monoliths. Every personality trait in existence is prevalent in humans of all races. I just don't agree with celebrating the negative traits of Deion Sanders. 

Now that post game press conference was fine. I don't know if Deion is a terrible person or not but I think like every other coach he should be judged on whether he wins and how he conducts himself. Making it about race to benefit himself I don't believe is conducting himself in a way that helps anyone but himself. That's it. But that's my opinion. I don't have an issue with your view on things here mainly I just took issue with that guy who tried to equate From jumping to Boulder with Ali pushing back against the Vietnam draft. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Anyone is going to do the interviews if asked. We just got ranked 3rd even though its a little high for our performance level. We didn't ask for that, but we damn sure aren't going to say no thank you either. Don't be weird.

Yea man, Deion has definitely only done routine interviews and only when asked by others to do so. Nothing else at all to promote his program and brand. Jesus.

25 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Prime has always been who he is. Is he flashy? Yes. Tom Herman pulled some of the same shenanigans and didn't receive 10% of the same vitriol that Prime does.

You see the problem is that YOU have a standard that YOU think he should live up to, and if he doesn't then YOU deem him a bad role model and a jackass. You should probably look inside yourself and ask yourself why that is. However, if you don't know I will explain it to you. Black people, like myself, prosper by(like I eluded to earlier in this thread) code-switching. This isn't something we want to do but it is a necessity to defuse the majority group and fit in. Deion isn't doing that, so people are alarmed by what they perceive to be antics. Most people don't know that there is a huge cultural difference there. We sing the Stevie Wonder song for birthdays. We sing Amazing Grace totally different than other people. We nod up to each other instead of down. We greet each other differently in general.

All across the country there are black people wearing shades and chains, so you are kind of insulting millions of people when you say that stuff is a clown show. Also, almost every team has a turnover gimmick. It only bothers you that theirs is what it is because its attached to him.

Now I am not calling you a racist. I am saying that you are conditioned to think that all cultures should act the way that you think they should, which is exactly why code-switching exists. Because if we came to work without trying to be you then none of us would have jobs. Deion is a showoff. That much is true. But so is my neighbor with his Porsche's. So is my daughter's friend who lives a few streets over with a 15k square foot house? Who needs that? No one, but as long as they stunt the way YOU are used to them stunting its all good right? Oh lord the dude is a multimillionaire and wears gold chains. Meanwhile the dude is saying all the right things in the locker room and has 5 kids, all who seem to be doing well for themselves.

Once again, I am NOT calling you a racist. I honestly think you are a pretty solid poster. I am simply saying we all need to embrace other people's differences and quit expecting them to live up to a preset standard. Most of the hype on the guy isn't even his own fault.

100% this. Thanks for posting. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Actually I disagree. I think in this case you're the one assigning the traits of Deion Sanders as traits inherent to the black community as a whole and that's just not true. Just like every race there's no monoliths. Every personality trait in existence is prevalent in humans of all races. I just don't agree with celebrating the negative traits of Deion Sanders. 

Now that post game press conference was fine. I don't know if Deion is a terrible person or not but I think like every other coach he should be judged on whether he wins and how he conducts himself. Making it about race to benefit himself I don't believe is conducting himself in a way that helps anyone but himself. That's it. But that's my opinion. I don't have an issue with your view on things here mainly I just took issue with that guy who tried to equate From jumping to Boulder with Ali pushing back against the Vietnam draft. 

So you are telling me, a black person, that I have no idea what the majority of black people do. You do realize that me and you can meet the same black person and you aren't going to get the real person right? How they greet you and talk to you will be code switching and how I greet and talk to them will be totally different. What we dress like at the job and what we dress like at a family gathering may be night and day different. I am not saying EVERY black person is out there sporting gold chains, but I am saying you sure as shit aren't going to know the community unless you get welcomed in someone's family and come to some gatherings. Carl at the job isn't going to pull back the curtain. He is going to give you Tony Dungy. Meanwhile you say the things that Sanders is doing aren't inherently black traits. Where the hell do you think he got them? Maybe you need to watch these....

https://www.pbs.org/video/code-switching-being-openly-black-zxqh0i/

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I am more interested in dunking on a loud mouth dude and team for talking a ton of shit and then getting their heads caved in. Imagine the reaction to all of this had it been Tom Herman as HC and Maverick Herman as QB talking all kinds of shit while playing a nothing schedule then getting rolled by K State with Stoops/Riley era OU on deck the next week. 

ETA I don’t give a shit that he’s black, he and his kids just come off like cocky assholes. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I chuckled imagining that Thatguy thinks white people hang out at their family gatherings in their work clothes. Or that white people talk the same at work as they do at their family gatherings.

There is a wide range of code-switching and obviously it's more dramatic for some cultures, but the line about how they might wear different clothes at a family gathering than they do at work was pretty funny. No shit.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Who can talk and behave at work the same way they do at home? There's no way I could do that and maintain the level of professionalism required. The way people behave should differ depending on situation. That's part of coexisting in a society. 

Deions on a mission to break these societal norms and is empowering everyone to be their true selfs no matter the situation. It’s above us, and truly beautiful. 

• Haha 1

Lots of good points have been made on both sides here. My simple take on the situation is that the media can take you up to the mountain top fast when you're winning and can also bring you down just as fast when you don't. To many, Prime comes across as arrogant and disrespectful to other teams and coaches. When you win, people will tolerate it because it's hard to go against the grain, but there will be people waiting for him to fail so that they can finally speak their mind.

Someone mentioned Herman's sideline antics. He was an asshole and he did get called out by the rest of the country and even many from our own fanbase. You don't see any colorado fans speaking out against Prime.

Does race have anything to do with Prime's criticism? Perhpas to some, but that's definitely not the main reason. Some people want to make it about race to push a convenient narrative. When you're constantly tooting your own horn, people will call you out when you fail to live up. You reap what you sow.

Deion is a bad motherfucker whether you like it or not.  He’s going to recruit well and field a good team that improves over time.  He’s not acting like a white guy coach, but that’s what makes him cool.  Ami I going to go buy the insurance he endorses?  Not likely.  But I’m going to enjoy the show he puts on at Colorado over the next few years and I’m going to root for his success!

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Deion is a bad motherfucker whether you like it or not.  He’s going to recruit well and field a good team that improves over time.  He’s not acting like a white guy coach, but that’s what makes him cool.  Ami I going to go buy the insurance he endorses?  Not likely.  But I’m going to enjoy the show he puts on at Colorado over the next few years and I’m going to root for his success!

I like Deion, and what most people miss is that behind all of the hype and personal branding, he is a damn good coach, just like he was a damn good player. You just cant rebuild an offensive and defensive line in an offseason with wardaddies. That takes years, and that is why they will be a 5-6 loss team this year. But his schemes are good, he had people listening to his pitch, and he has turned a laughingstock i to a cool school in less than a year. If I am Florida, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Houston, Clemson, Ok State, etc. I am paying attention.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 5

After the shit he pulled at Prime Prep, the man has no business being anywhere near an institution claiming to educate young people.  He’s a carnival barker.  A grifter.  A conman.  Deion has lost the benefit of the doubt with me, and he lost long before he decided to coach.  Will he win some games?  Probably.  There are lots of miserable human beings that have managed to win some college football games.  Is it possible that he’s learned from his past sins and is striving to be a better person?  Sure, but I’m going to need a little more evidence before changing my opinion.  Deion is about the glorification of Deion.  That’s it.  Coaching is the latest endeavor towards that goal.  And before anyone accuses me of being a racist, go check my posting history on similar topics.  I have stayed away from such discussions for a while now because I am burnt out on political shit, but the history is there if you care to dig.  This is Deion specific from somebody who has spent most of their life in DFW.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Thatguy said:

i appreciate these kind of observations.  As a whitey, I can't begin to fathom some of these things.  My general distaste for him is that he's a showboat, but I really had never consciously considered whether being a black showboat entered into it.  Maybe it does.

On the matter of code-switching, I have a bit of an anecdote/observation for the board.  My parents grew up in Depression-era rural Arkansas, my Mom on a farm and my dad in an oil boomtown with a current population of about 200.  Both attended/graduated college, UA and Hendrix.  My Mom, especially, was self-conscious that she may have been the only Tri Delt at UA that grew up without electricity or indoor plumbing (she wasn't).

After the war, they moved to Dallas and married.  They were extremely conscious of avoiding being corn-pone hicks.  There were various country pronunciations (cain't, ain't, po-lice, etc.) and mannerisms that my grandparents and other family members continued to use because of their environment that were absolutely banned growing up.  My Mom was especially embarrassed of her brother, who although having served in the USAAC during WWII and also graduated UA, continued a lot of country/hick mannerisms.

So, they did some code-switching of their own.  However, it wasn't expected that they code-switch back to corn-pone hicks when we visited grandparents and family.  I'm not aware of any family criticizing them for it, which is different from the black code-switch experience as I understand it.

I'm not sure if what they did in terms of assimilation was good or bad in the grand scheme (i.e. should they have preserved and honored their "culture'?). I think it advanced them and in turn me in the Big City.  On the other hand, we/I as a family and I personally became a little too attuned to how I was perceived by others.

So, whitey's desire that blacks and other folks "assimilate" doesn't necessarily stem from racism and white superiority.  A lot of whiteys have had to do it, too, although to a lesser extent.  But the reality is that a lot of black culture and rural white culture is damn near identical.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

He’s going to recruit well and field a good team that improves over time

as of right now they have gone 106 days since their most recent HS commit.

for comparison, Santana Wilson committed to Texas 101 days ago and Freddy Dubose committed 100 days ago. Miles O'Neal (that QB from New Jersey that A&M thinks is super super super underrated) committed 105 days ago.

it's a long time to go without a single commitment.

will it change? obviously it will, they aren't going to finish as the #75 composite HS recruiting class. but to not capitalize at all on the 3-0 start is incredible.

Edited by NoName

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

as of right now they have gone 106 days since their most recent HS commit.

for comparison, Santana Wilson committed to Texas 101 days ago and Freddy Dubose committed 100 days ago. Miles O'Neal (that QB from New Jersey that A&M thinks is super super super underrated) committed 105 days ago.

it's a long time to go without a single commitment.

will it change? obviously it will, they aren't going to finish as the #75 composite HS recruiting class. but to not capitalize at all on the 3-0 start is incredible.

It is kind of crazy they only have 8 commitments so far. Granted they still have just under 3 months to get some commits. I wonder if they're just going to use portal instead of HS as a strategy?

Am I the only one that doesn’t think Deion will still be coaching after next year?  It seems pretty obvious to me that he only started coaching to help control his son’s future.  I would imagine after next season that he tries to get an NFL job so that he can draft his kids and continue coaching them.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t think Deion will still be coaching after next year?  It seems pretty obvious to me that he only started coaching to help control his son’s future.  I would imagine after next season that he tries to get an NFL job so that he can draft his kids and continue coaching them.

Nope, you are not...

If ANYTHING, if I'm a CU fan I'm worried that Shadeur goes off this year, gets drafted, and Deion tries to get his way into the NFL to stay on the sidelines with Shadeur. Or I'm wondering where his fire goes once both his sons are out of NCAA ball entirely.

--

Once Shilo and Shedeur (I know how to spell it now!) are gone, then who knows. He now says Shedeur is staying one more year, so that's settled through at least 2024-25. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some wild shit happened and some team drafted Shedeur and hired Prime as HC at the same time.

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

40-40-20

40% undergrad transfers
40% grad transfers
20% HS recruits

so he is aiming to have ~21 HS recruits on campus + 64 transfers? so somewhere in the range of 5-6 incoming HS players in every class?

GIF by Giphy QA

i truly wish him the best of luck with this concept, because there is 0 chance that works at the P5 level. you just are going to reload via the portal every year at key positions and not really even try to develop dudes? what if you need LBs badly but the LBs in the portal all suck or don't want to come to your school (see Texas A&M last year)? this is not a short/medium/long term plan for success. what if you need a QB but Bama or Michigan or Texas do as well and outbid you on the NIL front?

too many bad things can happen on that front and you don't have enough control.

plus you have to hit on so many dudes when you are taking <10 from HS per class. magnifies any mistakes in evaluations you make - and EVERYONE has mistakes with evaluations.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, NoName said:

so he is aiming to have ~21 HS recruits on campus + 64 transfers? so somewhere in the range of 5-6 incoming HS players in every class?

GIF by Giphy QA

i truly wish him the best of luck with this concept, because there is 0 chance that works at the P5 level. you just are going to reload via the portal every year at key positions and not really even try to develop dudes? what if you need LBs badly but the LBs in the portal all suck or don't want to come to your school (see Texas A&M last year)? this is not a short/medium/long term plan for success. what if you need a QB but Bama or Michigan or Texas do as well and outbid you on the NIL front?

too many bad things can happen on that front and you don't have enough control.

plus you have to hit on so many dudes when you are taking <10 from HS per class. magnifies any mistakes in evaluations you make - and EVERYONE has mistakes with evaluations.

I feel like with that strategy his ceiling will be like Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss....that 8-9 win range.

4 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Run of the mill Lincoln Riley team….

yeah, year #2398712903481234 of having a top 5 offense and a 50-100 ranked defense (who looks better in advanced metrics than they should bc games go to garbage time because of how good the offense is)

the USC @ CU game could really be a barn burner like the TCU game was...really hope it is.

• Hook 'Em 1