Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Just want to give a shout out to @closetohumping for paying out on our wager. I mean, it was a terrible bet, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I feel like other guys took me up for less money, but I don’t have the inclination to go digging through pages trying to find it. 

Now if OU could lose this week to TCU …

• Hook 'Em 4

Bottom line i was entertained this year. The ups, the downs, the bull junk between every game. Starting 3-0, yelling at a reporter and asking if he believes then finishing 4-8, publicly saying that your players aren't good enough and you want to replace them, just awesome entertainment that you won't find anywhere else.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 12:20 PM, dcar00 said:

IMO, Deion's biggest issue is going to be how he coaches/manages the coaches when he doesn't have an obvious talent advantage. Lots of ego's involved in P5 D1. 

well he demoted the best coach on his staff for literally no reason, so there ya go.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Just want to give a shout out to @closetohumping for paying out on our wager. I mean, it was a terrible bet, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I feel like other guys took me up for less money, but I don’t have the inclination to go digging through pages trying to find it. 

Now if OU could lose this week to TCU …

Would you believe me if I said I knew I was cooked during the CSU game?  

deion winning the big 12 next year

• Hook 'Em 2

Now do the change in NIL dollars spent on each respective program on that list.  LOLz.

The notion that it's all equal is laughable.  Just pickin on ole Prime, but he never starts shit, right?

The beauty of this situation is we're going to see exactly what Deion is made of as a coach. In order to win he has to successfully recruit lines, and lines are hard to evaluate and recruit well and you can't just throw NIL at the portal to build them. In order to succeed in power 5 he'll have to put in the work like Sark and his staff have done over the course of 3-4 years as there is no short cut. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

1700501640834.thumb.png.784a82f2634accee46340415e2c9e50d.png

It's a bizarre persecution phenomenon to witness with CU fans during this period. The idea that only negative stuff has been said about Deion Sanders is laughable on every level.

1) None of the other coaches have been lauded as saviors and had numerous hagiographic stories written and aired on them in the same vicinity as Sanders. He's got to be more than 10x past the other guys combined on that front.

2) Hugh Freeze is getting run over, backed up over, and then run over again repeatedly right now, and in ways that Sanders has not. Dillingham became a meme earlier in the season with his 1000 yard staring speech about playing to win. Fickell has been mocked multiple times this season, not the least of which for the Wisconsin embarrassment against Indiana.

3) Not listing Northwestern is a convenient oversight given that they completely destroy the entire narrative. As well, Louisville was going to fire Satterfield when he suddenly took the newly opened Cincinnati job. Including Brohm in this work-up also makes the whole thing look laughable.

4) Fuck off for posting incorrect, sobbing, gaslighting nonsense. Negged. 

21 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

The dude from Northwestern should be on there.

Exactly, but that would make the entire notion moot.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Remember that Saturday when Big Noon, GameDay, The Rock and Lil Wayne all went to Stanford? 

Remember Luke Fickell bragging about the Louis luggage he was bringing? 

Remember Matt Rhule telling the current Nebraska players to jump in that portal? 

Me neither...

The trainwreck is coming, just a matter of time

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"I've got to know you want it.  And I've got to want that you know it.  You have to love what you need and need what you love.  You have to get what you want and want what you got."  --  Deion Sanders, probably

WTF?

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's a bizarre persecution phenomenon to witness with CU fans during this period. The idea that only negative stuff has been said about Deion Sanders is laughable on every level.

1) None of the other coaches have been lauded as saviors and had numerous hagiographic stories written and aired on them in the same vicinity as Sanders. He's got to be more than 10x past the other guys combined on that front.

2) Hugh Freeze is getting run over, backed up over, and then run over again repeatedly right now, and in ways that Sanders has not. Dillingham became a meme earlier in the season with his 1000 yard staring speech about playing to win. Fickell has been mocked multiple times this season, not the least of which for the Wisconsin embarrassment against Indiana.

3) Not listing Northwestern is a convenient oversight given that they completely destroy the entire narrative. As well, Louisville was going to fire Satterfield when he suddenly took the newly opened Cincinnati job. Including Brohm in this work-up also makes the whole thing look laughable.

4) Fuck off for posting incorrect, sobbing, gaslighting nonsense. Negged. 

Exactly, but that would make the entire notion moot.

6) was David Shaw really fired at Stanford?

7) ASU fired Herman Edwards this year due to some ticky tacky recruiting violation.

I think their recruiting class currently sits around the 63rd rank. That's probably an optimistic ranking before they really hit the skids with the losses. And I know they recently had a pretty good 3 star OL flip to Missouri. Sanders keeps saying that "their phones are ringing everyday from the top recruits and that Shedeur talks to a lot of them daily. Maybe there's a rabbit out of the hat moment on signing day. I have no idea, but it doesn't look promising. 

That team is a 4 to 5 year build. I don't think he wants to endure that. That's not an attack on his character. I just don't believe that he's in for all that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

I think their recruiting class currently sits around the 63rd rank. That's probably an optimistic ranking before they really hit the skids with the losses. And I know they recently had a pretty good 3 star OL flip to Missouri. Sanders keeps saying that "their phones are ringing everyday from the top recruits and that Shedeur talks to a lot of them daily. Maybe there's a rabbit out of the hat moment on signing day. I have no idea, but it doesn't look promising. 

That team is a 4 to 5 year build. I don't think he wants to endure that. That's not an attack on his character. I just don't believe that he's in for all that. 

No one can win without solid recruiting classes, not even in the leftover Little 12 island of misfits. 

I want to see him actually put in the work and make it happen over the course of 3-4 years but I'll be shocked if that happens. Once the flash and attention is gone and he's just the coach of a 4 - 8 team he'll want to bail. 

• Like 1