Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This will be another interesting season to compare penalty stats in vs out of conference.

The idea that Alabama had more holding penalties against our dline than Wyoming is... something.

And keep in mind that the common refrain in the sec is that Bama gets protected by their refs.

Fuck the big 12.

I know someone linked a twitter post last week after the bama game ( maye its in the bama game thread?)  where someone has taken it upon themselves to manually add up the penalties Texas and ou get all year and specifically how many DPI/ holding calls are made against us, vs how many are made in our favor.

to the shock of no one on here, without even checking yesterdays penalties, I know for sure, the SEC crew called more fouls against bama than the big 12 crew have called against our opponents in 2 games combined. 

I do love the "holding" call stats.   because clearly our opponents never hold Texas when a big 12 crew is in charge, but we seem to get holding calls against us in those same games. 

CDC needs to hit up the big 12 office again and ask, why the hell was the 3-4 yard ball spot not reviewable, how can we be called for DPI when the ball was overthrown by 10 yards, yet when the ball is thrown to Sanders, and hes getting pushed by a defender who both, never turns around, nor ever makes a play on the ball, thats not DPI against them.  

and then screenshot the play in the 3rd qtr where all 4 Texas linemen all suddenly go down at the line at the same time and ask how in the holy fuck do the refs miss the ENTIRE D line all getting taken down in the same fucking play. 

and keep making this shit public.  I dont give a fuck if it looks like Texas is whineing.   keep doing it to prove the point that the big 12 refs have clearly been told to only call the most obvious and egregious calls against us and to ignore the calls that are just "normal" holding. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know someone linked a twitter post last week after the bama game ( maye its in the bama game thread?)  where someone has taken it upon themselves to manually add up the penalties Texas and ou get all year and specifically how many DPI/ holding calls are made against us, vs how many are made in our favor.

to the shock of no one on here, without even checking yesterdays penalties, I know for sure, the SEC crew called more fouls against bama than the big 12 crew have called against our opponents in 2 games combined. 

I do love the "holding" call stats.   because clearly our opponents never hold Texas when a big 12 crew is in charge, but we seem to get holding calls against us in those same games. 

CDC needs to hit up the big 12 office again and ask, why the hell was the 3-4 yard ball spot not reviewable, how can we be called for DPI when the ball was overthrown by 10 yards, yet when the ball is thrown to Sanders, and hes getting pushed by a defender who both, never turns around, nor ever makes a play on the ball, thats not DPI against them.  

and then screenshot the play in the 3rd qtr where all 4 Texas linemen all suddenly go down at the line at the same time and ask how in the holy fuck do the refs miss the ENTIRE D line all getting taken down in the same fucking play. 

and keep making this shit public.  I dont give a fuck if it looks like Texas is whineing.   keep doing it to prove the point that the big 12 refs have clearly been told to only call the most obvious and egregious calls against us and to ignore the calls that are just "normal" holding. 

The worst part is, this might be the Big 12's last chance for a minute to have someone in the final 4 of the playoffs (yes, they'll get someone in the expanded playoff, but not to the final 4 any time soon).

I hate to say it, but OU looks like they've turned things around and are at least respectable this year instead of the joke they were in year one under Venables.

Texas and OU look like the only two teams in the league capable of making national noise.  Maybe BYU.  The league's effort to ensure those two teams are not in the ccg is just going to fuck over the conference.  Sure, everyone benefits if a conference member makes the playoffs, but at least we'll stick it to big bad Texas and OU.  Great job, guys.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Also, from where I sat last night, it sure looked like we got hosed on a DPI on them that wasn't called in the first half, then on a DPI that was called on us after we stopped them on 3rd down, then they ended up getting a FG.  I don't think I can sit through those first 3 quarters again on the DVR to see if that's right, though.

The important thing to remember is that this level of officiating is the Big 12 refs calling a game in favor of a non-Big 12 team.   I wonder how much “better” it will be when the calls benefit a Big 12 team versus Texas or Oklahoma?

The refs will be so confused on what to do in the Cotton bowl that there may be 60 penalties called in the game.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

That was a complete overstep as well.  There are a lot of students now in the NEZ.  Ewers wasn't in any Wyoming player faces.  Hell there wasn't even a Wyoming player in the camera shot the last couple of seconds. He was interacting with the crowd....you know the ones they play the games for.  Not to mention he was about 2-3 steps from turning around and heading back when Mr Referee decided he needed to inject himself into the situation.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

that's because they are too busy trying to think up catch phrases and hear themselves talk about things unrelated to the game.

If I hear Galindo say “PBU” or “base knock” one more time, I will murder him. 

Yeah, the DPI penalty on an uncatchable pass and that gift three yard spot late in the game last night were...special.  Fuck the Rig 12 refs and fuck this shitty conference.  So glad we are dipping after this season.  I hope our players and coaches use this as motivation to give no quarter on any of our conference opponents for the rest of this season.  We should not call off the dogs until we are up by at least four scores, because the corrupt Rig 12 refs will inevitably find a way to screw us and let the other team back in it if the margin is any closer than that.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Anyone have a screenshot?

53 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Does Quinn get to swing on this ref? Imagine if the roles were reversed. For celebrating a touchdown run. 

Odd scene, but Quinn made a motion like he was going to take off his helmet.  I could see a good ref warning him not to do it or trying to preempt an over the top celebration that might also draw a penalty.

Plenty to bitch about ref wise in this game without taking a deep dive on this play where essentially nothing happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

This was major bull shit. I remember seeing this live last wondering, wtf that ref is even doing. 

He was telling Quinn not to spike the ball next time (like I said in the game thread, I'm shocked they didn't give him a penalty for that). I don't mind that as much as the ridiculous spot on the QB scramble or the PI on a ball thrown 3 yards OOB.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

He was telling Quinn not to spike the ball next time (like I said in the game thread, I'm shocked they didn't give him a penalty for that). I don't mind that as much as the ridiculous spot on the QB scramble or the PI on a ball thrown 3 yards OOB.

Players are constantly spiking balls now. It would be chicken shit to call it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Does Quinn get to swing on this ref? Imagine if the roles were reversed. For celebrating a touchdown run. 

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on a football field.

Flag him for spiking the ball if you want to be a giant bitch.  But, to run up and get into his face like that while he's celebrating is fucking bizarre.  If anybody disagrees, post a video of anything remotely similar.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

Yeah I guess you never see the old shool spike with a big windup like we see all the time in the NFL, but what Quinn did was not that, and it happens all the gotdamn time in college games. Watching other games last night I was seeing all kinds of obvious taunting, poses, staredowns, and other look at me shit on plays at midfield, but now Quinn needs a talking-to because he threw the ball down?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It has always been a penalty in college and HS football. 

Yeah, my bad. I've been corrected above. I had forgotten that becuase I hadn't seen it called in forever, and I shouldn't have said "spike" because what I saw Quinn do doesn't really qualify as a 'spike' in my eyes. 

47 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

There was a play in the second half where Texas got a decent gain, went up-tempo and got lined up quickly and were ready to snap the ball, and the ref went up and stood over the ball so Wyoming's substitute D-linemen had time to get on the field and get lined up.... even though Texas had not subbed.  I've never seen that.

we need to see a wide angle to make sure we didn't sub anyone but that's what i thought i saw as well which if so is egregious

between belmont resources and the lhn studios a weekly package of fuckery should be assembled and sent to yormark

what we do with it from there is up to the tower

but the rig should know we have the dossier ready to roll at any time if we so chose

53 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

There was a play in the second half where Texas got a decent gain, went up-tempo and got lined up quickly and were ready to snap the ball, and the ref went up and stood over the ball so Wyoming's substitute D-linemen had time to get on the field and get lined up.... even though Texas had not subbed.  I've never seen that.

This might have been the play where Wy sent two in, they jogged on, and only when they got to the LOS did the guys they were replacing get up and start to jog off. So then they had to stop play to reset the play clock as Wy was using it all up to make their change. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sark's press conference should start out with how proud of his team he is, and how they were able to come out of their funk and execute.  This team has shown some real resiliency and they are doing great getting 12 yards for the first down. As indicated by the receivers are being tackled and grabbed they have been able to overcome these challenges.  But mostly he is proud of the defense for stopping opponents from getting 8-yard first downs.  Credit goes to the linemen who are able to sack or pressure the QB even while giving piggyback rides to the opposing team.  Also, he would like to thank Brett Yormark for motivating the team and showing them early on, how up-tempo offensive sequences can be countered administratively.   

Wyoming is a tough gritty team that played well, that prepared well, is well coached, and a lot of fun to watch, especially their season opener.  Our heart goes out to Tim Weiser during this difficult time.  We are sending thoughts and prayers as he recovers from fisting his own ass.  

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

My thing is Texas just always takes the fucking high road on this shit. 

No one ever puts this type of shit on blast. 

With that said the three false starts by I believe all interior linemen were fucking special. You’re right next to the ball and you know the snap count. 

CDC should march into the Rig12 Dallas referee office, point at that corrupt sumbitche and tell him to his face that if he doesn’t see anything wrong what those shitass refs of his did on those egregious play calls & non calls, then he himself is an unethical incompetent piece of shit coward.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Call it incomptence or sour grapes, Big XII zebras (possibly rabid) are a reality. We should give each team we play +7 to account for them. So no close games in the farewell Big XII tour. All games must be a memorable beatdown to remember DADA among those left behind ... The more  competent the zebras, the more possibilities of future play with DADA!  

1 minute ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Call it incomptence or sour grapes, Big XII zebras (possibly rabid) are a reality. We should give each team we play +7 to account for them. So no close games in the farewell Big XII tour. All games must be a memorable beatdown to remember DADA among those left behind ... The more  competent the zebras, the more possibilities of future play with DADA!  

They are not a +7 team.  They absolutely will fucking rig any game without shame and do so in multiple ways, from delays, slowing tempo, useless reviews, un-reviewable calls, bad spots, unsportsmanlike, different rule books, overlooking everything one team does, making up calls, outright bullshit (taking away TDs, interceptions, fumbles), or declaring them.   They are not thumb-on-the-scales biased, they are outright rigging games.  The only way to counter them is to completely whip the other team's ass all day long.   That OU game where they came roaring back was completely brought to you by the B12.  TH, CS, and SS have all lost games due to outright fuckery.  

For fucks sake, if they had any decency, they would be fucking over baylor in officiating because they are a shit school with shit administration that covers up actual crimes and harms victims of crime.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

So he was the member of the crew that wasn't trying to penalize us just because? I get what youre saying to a point. If it's the rule, throw the flag, otherwise why get in his face? 

• Hook 'Em 1