Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I'm probably wrong, but what I think I recall happening in regard to the LHN and revenue sharing is the following. 

The initial talks with ESPN were about a XII network. That was rejected for various reasons by the other members. One of those being Kansas, which was unwilling to share its Tier 3 revenue (primarily from basketball), and apparently convincing others to stand against the idea of a full-conference network.  Dodds then tried to put together a Texas network, and aggy rejected that for whatever reason (BOMC), so it wound up as a Longhorn-only channel. 

Not that it's overly pertinent, but IMO we did - and are continuing to do - a shit job of running LHN. I get the impression from various stories that the LHN space will convert to SEC 2 or similar. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Everyone was cool with Kansas not sharing their Tier 3 basketball money. 

Before the LHN, several schools were making more money on their Tier3 rights than Texas, because almost every Texas game was selected for B12 broadcast which was already covered in the Tier1/Tier2 contracts, while other schools regularly had games slipping all the way to PPV, where they retained 100% of the revenue. 

Funny how none of them ever mentioned that though.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Before the LHN, several schools were making more money on their Tier3 rights than Texas, because almost every Texas game was selected for B12 broadcast which was already covered in the Tier1/Tier2 contracts, while other schools regularly had games slipping all the way to PPV, where they retained 100% of the revenue. 

Funny how none of them ever mentioned that though.

In those days, Tier 1/2 money wasn't split evenly, so Texas was making more than they would have if those games were broadcast Tier 3.

12 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Cross-posting, but this needs to happen.

I'd go a step further and play the comments from both the Commish and Weiser from K State before each game on the Jumbotron starting with the Rice game next week.    The rules on decorum were thrown out yesterday and like DelConte said himself, let's embrace the hate and throw it back at the rest of this clown car conference.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Texas and OUsux should remove all Big 12 logos from the uniforms and stadiums as part of the exit process.

I'd take it one step further and have "SEC" logos on the field and on the jerseys when Tech and our regarded commissioner show up on Thanksgiving to have a turkey leg shoved up their collective asses.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Del Conte and Castiglione need to respond harshly to Yormark’s comments and stir the press up. The media narrative needs to be “We’re watching”. That would go a long way to mitigating the apparent bias. 

The narrative is already "We're leaving, fuck you"...It's known they are going to try and fuck us and we will have to overcome the refs and the opposing team. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

In those days, Tier 1/2 money wasn't split evenly, so Texas was making more than they would have if those games were broadcast Tier 3.

I specified they were making more on their Tier3 rights than Texas.  Nothing else.

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I'm probably wrong, but what I think I recall happening in regard to the LHN and revenue sharing is the following. 

The initial talks with ESPN were about a XII network. That was rejected for various reasons by the other members. One of those being Kansas, which was unwilling to share its Tier 3 revenue (primarily from basketball), and apparently convincing others to stand against the idea of a full-conference network.  Dodds then tried to put together a Texas network, and aggy rejected that for whatever reason (BOMC), so it wound up as a Longhorn-only channel. 

Not that it's overly pertinent, but IMO we did - and are continuing to do - a shit job of running LHN. I get the impression from various stories that the LHN space will convert to SEC 2 or similar. 

The Big XII Network idea never really got going enough to even get it in front of the major networks.  The initial belief was that ADs were going to have to pay (or lose revenue) to get it started up and that was a non-starter enough to not even explore the idea.

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

I mean, realistically, we should play the videos on the jumbotron, trash the refs and the Big12 office, then if they threaten to sue, counter-sue stating collusion on the part of the conference office as we now have more proof than ever.

It would be a great send-off to run the jumbotron with the absolute fuckery in officiating, have the band play Yakitty Sax while the Yormark/Weiser statements are read over the jumbotron and take an ad out during the game to show it live.  

If Texas or OU does win the trophy this is how the ceremony should go: 

Also, add B12 logos to every toilet and urinal on campus.   Yormark, Bowlsby, and Weisers faces could be added to the trash cans around the stadium.

Edited by Nivek

Del Conte and Castiglione need to respond harshly to Yormark’s comments and stir the press up. The media narrative needs to be “We’re watching”. That would go a long way to mitigating the apparent bias. 

What are we gonna strenuously object? Teams that complain about officiating always look like punks in the media. We’re not gonna sue. We’ll lie and take it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

What are we gonna strenuously object? Teams that complain about officiating always look like punks in the media. We’re not gonna sue. We’ll lie and take it.

Yup.  It's one of the reasons we really needed to get out of the B12 after one year, like all the other teams that left managed to do.  Three years has given them way too much time to amplify the fuckery,

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Bro fuck what the “media” thinks. We need to let it be known to the big suits in this conference that we’re well aware of what’s going on and we’re willing to call it out. Mark Mangino did it in a post game press conference after he felt his team got fucked on some shady shit. Why do we always have to take the high road on bs like this?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yormark face stickers as urinal targets would be harmless mischief that conveys a succinct message while also encouraging patrons to aim. They’d also manifest a lower risk of someone squawking “trademark violation” than might a similarly dispatched Big12 logo. 

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Up . . . said:

Yormark face stickers as urinal targets would be harmless mischief that conveys a succinct message while also encouraging patrons to aim. They’d also manifest a lower risk of someone squawking “trademark violation” than might a similarly dispatched Big12 logo. 

I'm supposed to know what this idiot looks like?

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean....I know the general consensus about this here, and believe me I share the same feeling as most of yall about it but....

If we monkey-stomp Tech I would love to hear a massive SEC-SEC chant to end that game. 

The chants are inevitably going to happen this season and I know we will be angry with ourselves the morning after.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean....I know the general consensus about this here, and believe me I share the same feeling as most of yall about it but....

If we monkey-stomp Tech I would love to hear a massive SEC-SEC chant to end that game. 

Can we just mockingly chant "Irate 8-Irate 8!!!"

35 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

How about no? We don't rush the field and we should not do that stupid shit.

11 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Just once.. just a big fuck you to the conference. Then we never do it again. 

You chant SEC just once; next thing you know you're balls deep in a sheep at a yell practice while claiming a national championship because your conference-mates won one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Texas has bent over backwards on a lot of shit for this 2nd rate conference yet they get called “conference killers” and all this bs. Supply 45% of the revenue and have to split it equally with the ISU and K-States of the world who are probably barely around 2%.

Texas pushed heavily for a conference network, these goofs voted against it. Voted to keep the bullshit tie breaker that Texas got fucked on during the 2008 season even though no other conference has it. Made a big spectacle about “Horns down” and suggested that it was Texas fault it’s a taunting penalty. List goes on. This conference and its members have done literally nothing for UT but leech off its money. I’ve said multiple times over the years we should go independent. This conference is so incredibly small time and I don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore.

Yessiree 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

No, the right plan at the Cotton Bowl is for the Texas side to get a Big 12! Sucks! chant going like a Texas Fight chant except the Texas end says Big 12 and the OU end says Sucks. 

This will be led by the Texas cheerleaders with BIG 12 and SUCKS signs. Then about the 6th or 7th time around they drop the BIG 12 sign and reveal the OU sign and we all get to watch 45,000 dimwitted super slow OU fans admit that OU sucks a couple of times before they realize what the Texas end is now yelling. 

It'S Brilliant, Brilliant, Brillianti Tell You! Genius, I Say!.Gif GIF - It's  brilliant Brilliant Brillianti tell you! genius - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

No, the right plan at the Cotton Bowl is for the Texas side to get a Big 12! Sucks! chant going like a Texas Fight chant except the Texas end says Big 12 and the OU end says Sucks. 

This will be led by the Texas cheerleaders with BIG 12 and SUCKS signs. Then about the 6th or 7th time around they drop the BIG 12 sign and reveal the OU sign and we all get to watch 45,000 dimwitted super slow OU fans admit that OU sucks a couple of times before they realize what the Texas end is now yelling. 

Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Bro fuck what the “media” thinks. We need to let it be known to the big suits in this conference that we’re well aware of what’s going on and we’re willing to call it out. Mark Mangino did it in a post game press conference after he felt his team got fucked on some shady shit. Why do we always have to take the high road on bs like this?

Fly a "penny signs" banner.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

One of my father's buddies in L.A. mailed him $100 in pennies after the Rose Bowl. I bet he spent more on freight, it weighed 50+ pounds if I recall correctly. 

Exactly 55 pounds if they are all the newer, lighter (.088 ounce) pennies. More than that if older pennies are mixed in. 

23 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1