Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Isn't that the ref who talked in an interview about how important it was to him to be jacked as a ref so he'd "look the part" and coaches wouldn't intimidate him?  Much better to be swole than good at your job!

I don’t understand that thinking. Being swole won’t keep you from being a punk.

9 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Isn't that the ref who talked in an interview about how important it was to him to be jacked as a ref so he'd "look the part" and coaches wouldn't intimidate him?  Much better to be swole than good at your job!

Wasn’t he also a firefighter?

On 5/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, Js1 said:

Wasn’t he also a firefighter?

Yes I'm pretty sure he was in charge of this, which would be the firefighters equivalent of being in charge of the Alabama/Texas game. 

The silver lining here is that fucking incompetent and/or corrupt) douche canoe is no longer our problem. Literally every Longhorn game he called was an absolute shitshow where we just somehow got completely fucked over by the officials, going back a few years. 

lede-art-for-fire-deck-e1553649234717.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

NFL: so it seems you passed the exams, but do you have what it takes to follow the script, even when 50,000 fans are screaming at you?

Campbell: I “officiated” b12 Texas games.

NFL: hired. Go see Aaron Eck for your next few scripts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Almost time to revive this thread again.  We better have lube bought by the bulk.  It’s going to be screw job from the get go this year.   Me thinks the KState game might be the game we see the most BS from the Rig 12 Refs.  

This is corrrect.

At this point, it may be time for Sark to call a time-out, invite the head Ref over and tell him that if we see one more chickenshit flag, we'll walk off the field and declare a forfeit. Press conference to follow. And mean it. 

Might want to inform the Commish before hand.

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This is corrrect.

At this point, it may be time for Sark to call a time-out, invite the head Ref over and tell him that if we see one more chickenshit flag, we'll walk off the field and declare a forfeit. Press conference to follow. And mean it. 

Forfeit?

IMG_8180.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This is corrrect.

19 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This is corrrect.

Forfeit a little much.   Lol.  But getting in their ears and staying in it from the Rice game until Tech would be preferable.   And go ahead and call it what it is in pregame or weekly press conference and pay the damn fine if the Commish  issues a fine.   Surly and a few others might chip in and help pay it if Sark is winning games this fall.  

Y'all a little short on the uptake on hyperbolic sarcasm.

Seriously, though, whatcha gonna do when you're getting fucked like that? Follow Claytie's advice and just relax and enjoy it? Hit 'em where it hurts - in the wallet. Games are on TV,  they've got time constraints. What should Charlie have done in that OSU debacle?  What should Mensa have done when LSU was getting 14 free timeouts by falling down with cramps every other play?

Forfeit a little much.   Lol.  But getting in their ears and staying in it from the Rice game until Tech would be preferable.   And go ahead and call it what it is in pregame or weekly press conference and pay the damn fine if the Commish  issues a fine.   Surly and a few others might chip in and help pay it if Sark is winning games this fall.  

No a better plot would be to grind the game to a halt with fake injury after fake injury. From the cheer squad to the team itself. And have the band dress up like officials and play yakety sax.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I dont think it would ever get that bad.  That would be investigation kinds of cheating.  The B12 would not stand for it!

They investigated themselves in 2015 and found they did a great job!

The B12 is a joke league and they rig the games to be close at the end to increase drama. Defense isn't allowed so it will be a high flying and high scoring close game like basketball where it comes down to the last possession. 

This shit will go on with the nu-big 12 but nobody will notice or care once Texas and Oklahoma are gone it's now the AAC.

There's only two power conferences now.

ACC and Big12 are mid-tier

What's left of the Pac joins up with Mountain west and they are shit-tier like what's left of the AAC. 

22 hours ago, Tex Long said:

This is corrrect.

image.gif.8db2d850a5e205645e444d7c114129cc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Should've left for the SEC or independent or anywhere in 2016. Took 8 fucking years too long.

It's been going on this whole time so sloppily too 

Just re-watched the Okie State debacle you posted & now my BP is up even higher than usual. Thanks! DL is being held the entire play, on a run play, and gets called for holding? What in the actual fuck. Never mind the million other bad calls and the ref flagging Charlie after intentionally bumping him. Fucking pieces of shit.

VY at the end is pure gold though. his and Ricky's restraint was phenomenal.

Edited by wood

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

The B12 is a joke league and they rig the games to be close at the end to increase drama. Defense isn't allowed so it will be a high flying and high scoring close game like basketball where it comes down to the last possession. 

LOL 

There will be a "Fuck the SEC refs" thread on this Board before your first season in the SEC is done.... probably before the end of September.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I mean, if I were an oSu fan I'm sure I'd be pretty delighted with the B12 refs over the past decade or so.

Absolutely! But just wait til that loaded Big 12 Ref gun is pointed at them when it randomly (or not so randomly) misfires. 

Edited by wood

Re: SEC refs, I don't remember anyone here saying they were all-stars. They're also, let's say, suboptimal. But I bet they'll at least give us a reacharound. 

SEC refs may not be the best. Not sure who is, really, in CFB, but the Big 12 has set such a high bar in terms of ref fuckery and ineptitude that it's gonna be hard to even get near it.

• Like 1

Please, are we really pretending the fuckery didn’t go up a level in 2021, after Texas and OU announced their departures?

Did it? There was considerable fuckery in 2021 in the Tx-OU game. But why choose one over the other?

OU was called for 2 penalties for 15 yards. They trailed by double digits for an extended period of time. They had at least 3 TD drives with the most significant play a non call for what should been a penalty negating the play. Overturned a close call on the Brooks fumble. Didn’t even take time to fully review a close call incompletion/fumble.

OSU at least got called for 7 penalties that same year.

Arkansas. Big 12 refs favoring one SEC team over another? 3 non-calls on late hits or targeting.

And I guess Big 12 guys would miss some big calls in Bamas favor.

In my opinion, it’s just more of the same that crops up from time to time year over year.

27 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Did it? There was considerable fuckery in 2021 in the Tx-OU game. But why choose one over the other?

OU was called for 2 penalties for 15 yards. They trailed by double digits for an extended period of time. They had at least 3 TD drives with the most significant play a non call for what should been a penalty negating the play. Overturned a close call on the Brooks fumble. Didn’t even take time to fully review a close call incompletion/fumble.

OSU at least got called for 7 penalties that same year.

Arkansas. Big 12 refs favoring one SEC team over another? 3 non-calls on late hits or targeting.

And I guess Big 12 guys would miss some big calls in Bamas favor.

In my opinion, it’s just more of the same that crops up from time to time year over year.

Ok, so you weren’t paying attention. 

2021 OSU. A Texas rusher tries to hold up before running into Sandwrs, after he releases the ball. No harm, but a 15 yard roughing the passer to keep a drive alive early in the second half. Later, a Cowboy hits Casey Thompson late, driving his helmet into his sternum, injuring him. No call. 

2021 Baylor: Second half- Baylor hits our punter. Clear contact. No call, no review. 

It wasn’t just the bad calls, it’s the safety issue. 

Look, no one expects the same officiating standards game to game. We do expect the same standards in the same game.