'20 Baylor   4-26   UT   5-50

'21 Rice      6-40   UT   2-12

'21 KSU      1-14    UT   2-15

'22 OSU     0-0     UT   14-119

'22 Baylor  1-2      UT    5-19

'23 WY       3-30   UT    6-40

That’s actually better than I expected 

• Like 2

Of course it is situational. What did the penalties cost us vs. the opponent? What difference would they make when we beat the shit out of Rice in 2021? Of course 14-119 vs 0-0 jumps off the page. But Baylor last year was awful. Plus, the beating of all the meetings is another factor, as pointed out above.

Besides the obvious bullshit calls and non-calls, the refs need to not be standing over the ball allowing D to sub when our O didn't sub. Even when it's really allowable, they need to not be running the play clock while waiting. 

Generally - i.e., not specifically XII refs - I want to see some RBs called for targeting - or maybe Unsportsmanlike - when they lower their heads and hit a defender, and I want to see some Ds called for delay when they're lollygagging subs - although, I'd settle for resetting the play clock when that happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait, baylor had one penalty for 2 yards?  Half the distance to the goal or something?

Yes, it was late in the game, and really only 1 yard.  It was to prevent the 19-0 penalties in 2 games.  Of course they called a few others but those were declined offsetting to try to pretend impartiality.     

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

If I had one wish it would be that we played at a level so that all of these calls or no-calls would be irrelevant. Short of Big12 official calling a forfeit because Smoky is "too loud," or Bevo "attracts flies," no one could touch us, even with all the help.

Agree, but no amount of dominance can overcome officials allowing DBs to hold down your WRs arms.

And take away fumble recoveries by your defense

Edited by pacman