Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

47 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's easy to laugh at OU right now, but remember this - however bad it looks right now, it's likely coming for us even worse.

It will not surprise me if this league does whatever is necessary to prevent us from winning it on the way out.  Anything.  It might be Iowa State on the road.  They might let us get to the actual championship to draw more eyeballs and have one of the remaining teams make a "statement" against a departing team.  But it's coming.

I think we have the first team in over a decade that probably SHOULD win the conference...and I'm 100% thoroughly convinced the league will not allow it to happen.

So laugh at OU now, but know that these missed calls may be an every down kind of thing in one of our upcoming games.  We're better than every remaining team on the schedule, but if they can tackle receivers every play along with the blatant holding that's already allowed, it won't matter much.

I've been assuming it's coming all season.

It took kstate shooting themselves in the dick to prevent it yesterday but there are 3 or 4 more shots . 

All depends on what they want the story to be at this point 

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

OU was scripted to win the game vs Texas.  Their goal line stand shows the ball crossing the plane (its very close) and a face mask among a bunch of other no-call fuckery.  They got the Texas treatment in their last OSU game after they have been getting away with bullshit ref fuckery for decades and ref-manufactured ''wins".   It isn't fair, but I am not exactly sympathetic to them.  We would be undefeated otherwise and clearly at the top with correct officiating.  

It is absolutely clear that they are fixing games.  And that ruins the sport for fans.  Now instead of being pissed at Texas coaches for being unprepared, I am pissed because the preparation no longer matters.   Having a good offensive or defensive line doesn't matter.  Having a good WR group doesn't matter.  All of those are negated by the conference's fuckery.   Every one of our opponents can just recruit from a wrestling rec club to fill the offensive line and DB positions.   

Well said.  Isn't it amazing that Texas has 2-3 possible future NFL 1st day picks on the d-line, but Big12 teams never hold?  I mean, we must be going up against Larry Allen, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Mark Stepnoski, and Joe Thomas each week.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its been 20 years, but ou got proper fucked in 06  vs Oregon.  onside kick.   first off, Oregon touched the ball before 10 yards, 2nd off, ou literally recovered the onside kick, and the player with the ball went to go celebrate and none of the refs saw him with the ball.... refs rule it Oregon ball..... with literally NO FUCKING BALL IN THE SCRUM.

they review it, and still cant fucking get it right.  

I still laughed my ass off

the ball squirts out of the pile and is sitting between 9's legs, 23 notices the ball and picks it up, but the replays all cut right as he's picking up the ball

7 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Counterpoint - We are the only Big 12 team with a credible path to the CFP, which would put $6MM in the pockets of the Big 12. It’s not a huge sum in the grand scheme of things, but it ain’t chump change either.

They clearly don't care.

And

KEVIN MAR DIDDLES LITTLE BOYS WHILE KEN YORMARK CHEERS HIM ON!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Counterpoint - We are the only Big 12 team with a credible path to the CFP, which would put $6MM in the pockets of the Big 12. It’s not a huge sum in the grand scheme of things, but it ain’t chump change either.

Or, roughly 430k in each schools pocket.  Plus that doesn't even consider that a non playoff Texas would still go to a good bowl that pays something, do the marginal benefits even less. Now go interview each AD and ask them if 430k would be worth Texas losing.  I think I know the answer

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

26 minutes ago, RichUT said:

It's been obvious all season, especially yesterday, that they don't care about that. Their little brother syndrome overrides any financial logic, or logic in general. All they care about is screwing over "big, bad Texas" one last time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It's the price we're going to have to pay to leave this shitty conference. The fans of the rig 12 schools know they're going to be irrelevant in football once we're gone so this is their last hurrah so to speak. I just wish sports media like ESPN would pick up on what's going on. I'm surprised they're not since Texas is such a cash cow for them

The sooner we accept that they will never allow texas or oklahoma to win this conference this year the easier the no lube ass rape that is coming is going to be.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If we are going to get jobbed out of even an appearance in the title game, my choice would be at isu. Will suck whenever it happens, but would suck even more to happen against tcu or tech. 

Which is still my bet- unless we lay an egg and the refs don’t need to get involved to generate a loss. 

there’s an easy path to two legacy left-behinds in that game and I think the league will take that opportunity and try to show everyone that the league is not just tx and ou, and get the best possible bowls for the remainders. 

need to play well enough to overcome it, or make it painfully obvious even though  that won’t help. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 1

If we do make the title game it wouldn't Surprise me if we played Oklahoma State and I think we can imagine the refereeing horror that will occur in that game.

It will make the Charlie Strong game look like kids play. We're not winning this conference they are never going to allow that so just buckle up. We simply can't afford sark's typical terrible game decisions the rest of the way He's got to get better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

51 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Weak counterpoint.

They do not care.  

Say it with me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If we are going to get jobbed out of even an appearance in the title game, my choice would be at isu. Will suck whenever it happens, but would suck even more to happen against tcu or tech. 

Which is still my bet- unless we lay an egg and the refs don’t need to get involved to generate a loss. 

there’s an easy path to two legacy left-behinds in that game and I think the league will take that opportunity and try to show everyone that the league is not just tx and ou, and get the best possible bowls for the remainders. 

need to play well enough to overcome it, or make it painfully obvious even though  that won’t help. 

Good news is that Iowa st is so bad that I can’t even see poor officiating cost us that game 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

The questionable ball spots are killing me. At one point, KSU player goes down short of the first and the ref goes to the right spot, get the ball tossed to him, then sidesteps to his left to the first down marker with the camera directly on him with zero fucks given. 

Yep. On consecutive plays, the same guy gave KSU two extra yards per spot. It was crazy in real time and criminal upon review.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, FtheBig12 said:

If we do make the title game it wouldn't Surprise me if we played Oklahoma State and I think we can imagine the refereeing horror that will occur in that game.

It will make the Charlie Strong game look like kids play. We're not winning this conference they are never going to allow that so just buckle up. We simply can't afford sark's typical terrible game decisions the rest of the way He's got to get better.

what, in the entire history of this man as a Head Coach, makes you think he could suddenly get better?  

his playcalling... when not in the redzone, is pretty damn good.  its what makes him a great OC, and could make him a great HC... but the man has obvious tendancies that have manifested over the 115 games hes been a HC.

#1 if hes behind at halftime, its pretty much over. If I remember correctly the largest halftime deficit he's overcome was 2 points, and I believe hes only won 2 games total when behind at half. 

#2 the man's teams blow leads, over and over again.  They might win, but they turn a 3 score game into a 3 point game really often. 

#3 he believes that no matter what, if the analytics books say to go for it, he will, regardless of game situation.   Which if he had an OLine like the Eagles, would make sense to do that.... but our OLine keeps getting worked, which means going for it is the alternative definition of insantity, keep doing the same thing over and over  expecting a different result. 

obviously tendancy #3 is the one that he can fucking change immediatley, but hes made that same stupid "go for it inside the redzone" decision upwards of 15 times, and our redzone scoring number is atrocious because of it.    

As I said many times before, the only recourse for Texas and OU to stop /repay the refuckery is to withhold the exit fee. That’s not chump change and will get a lot of unwanted attention to the B12 , their ho refs, and tv advertisers. Companies may start to shy away from paying for ads if the fix makes games look scripted  like the WWF/WWE.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm hoping the OU missed PI call leads to some media articles this week that will point out some of the statistics this year to hopefully put a little bit of pressure on officials calling Texas games the next couple of weeks.   In Texas games, they have been good and making horrible calls under the radar (just from yesterday, no PI call when Texas up 17, iffy hold when Texas driving late, only calling a hold on opponent with a simultaneously flag against Texas D, etc. etc.).  In other words, big calls that absolutely have a massive impact on the flow of the game but may not go viral on twitter.  Luckily that OU call was at an important enough point in the game that it should get a bit more attention.  One can hope at least.  Fuck this conference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Also since the league  appears to actively condone or promote refuckery , to the point that game outcomes are influenced, why would Texas and OU continue to muzzle themselves? Both athletic departments should have press conferences and video evidence releases about this issue. League rule be damned, league “ incompetence ” and willful neglect of the issue clearly exists….to the point it causes harm to both programs , financial and otherwise. A damages expert could come up with some impossible to ignore numbers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Also since the league  appears to actively condone or promote refuckery , to the point that game outcomes are influenced, why would Texas and OU continue to muzzle themselves? Both athletic departments should have press conferences and video evidence releases about this issue. League rule be damned, league “ incompetence ” and willful neglect of the issue clearly exists….to the point it causes harm to both programs , financial and otherwise. A damages expert could come up with some impossible to ignore numbers.

You are clearly correct, but if this were to happen, it should have to come from the top. I mean CDC should sit up there and announce before the rest of the season.  I don't think that man is cut out to do that job, because it is against getting along with the rest of the conference.  These guys are taught for 20+ years how to get along with their conference mates.  Nobody suddenly calls out the conference after years of getting along with the conference.  It's just not going to happen.  Yes, CDC will allow us to be thrown under the bus in a closely contested conference championship game.  

I was at the game sitting right in front of the replay official 15 rows up. During the impossibly long review of the KSU fumble CDC was on the sideline right in front of them, staring right at them and on his phone. I’m sure it was unrelated, but in my imagination he was telling someone at the Big 12 office they better get this fucking call correct. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, deft said:

giphy.gif

I sure don't, but I'm not CDC.  I say blow it up in a media release, incur the fines, and don't pay a cent of em or the conference exit fees.  What are they gonna do, put a lien on DKR?!  But optics on a national stage... Doesn't look great bitching about Asian fat kids that can't pull a yellow hankey out of his pants because he's too out of breath from setting a ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Who knows, maybe they're not biased or paid off (other than OSU 2015)?  Maybe they're just not good at what they do.

From the looks of them, it doesn't appear that any of these officials actually played football.

I would welcome incompetent officials. Bad calls/non-calls going both ways would be a huge improvement. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, deft said:

giphy.gif

I sure don't, but I'm not CDC.  I say blow it up in a media release, incur the fines, and don't pay a cent of em or the conference exit fees.  What are they gonna do, put a lien on DKR?!  But optics on a national stage... Doesn't look great bitching about Asian fat kids that can't pull a yellow hankey out of his pants because he's too out of breath from setting a ball.

15 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Mar is overweight, in his 50s, has a high stress job and lives in Texas. Average life expectancy for a male in Texas is 77

The ravages of old age will deal with him far worse than we ever could. He has 10, maybe 15 years left tops

And then he gets an in-home nurse to care for him in his declining years? Ball game indeed.

The fraternity of refs will fuck us forever.

Also, we’d look like whiny pussies.

Bottom-line, there are betting lines on this WWE shit. People are betting on rigged games.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well said.  Isn't it amazing that Texas has 2-3 possible future NFL 1st day picks on the d-line, but Big12 teams never hold?  I mean, we must be going up against Larry Allen, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Mark Stepnoski, and Joe Thomas each week.

I'd love to see how many holding/DPI calls we've gotten compared to the rest of the conference

We NEVER get those calls this season in the Big 12

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was one where their TE 34 was stopped, whistle blew for forward progress, then he fell forward two yards and the side judge came running up like he was marking the spot where he fell forward. 

Yep. That happened more than once. Whistled it dead and then gave them 1 or 2 more yards after the whistle.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

They won’t do that because they can’t win. The national media doesn’t believe the B12 reffing leans on the scales, but they will absolutely believe that Texas is a whiny titty baby, and that’s a juicier story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If there’s truly intentionally ordered fuckery, it will be at ISU, maybe at TCU also. The Tech game and Big12 CCG are going to be high profile affairs with too many eyeballs given the timeslots they’ll be played. And if Texas is actually playing for a potential spot in the playoff in the CCG, I don’t see how there can’t be blatant fuckery without backlash. 

At ISU feels like the type of game where literally nothing goes our way. Probably will be on FS1 or ESPNU, afternoon timeslot, where it’s only Texas fans and all 700 ISU fans watching on tv. I’ll never bet against the longhorns, but feels like taking ISU to cover the spread is free money, no matter the line.

19 minutes ago, statsman said:

They won’t do that because they can’t win. The national media doesn’t believe the B12 reffing leans on the scales, but they will absolutely believe that Texas is a whiny titty baby, and that’s a juicier story. 

Yea this doesn't become a story beyond "such and such team whining about officiating" here or anywhere else in college football.  The only thing that would make it the story people here are hoping it becomes is somebody on the "inside" turning state's evidence.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea this doesn't become a story beyond "such and such team whining about officiating" here or anywhere else in college football.  The only thing that would make it the story people here are hoping it becomes is somebody on the "inside" turning state's evidence.  

Yep. That’s why we should be retweeting the OU bad call, and they should be retweeting ours. We can both refer to the others and say, “yeah, the league really doesn’t want them to win the conference on the way out”, and hope someone else picks up on it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's easy to laugh at OU right now, but remember this - however bad it looks right now, it's likely coming for us even worse.

It will not surprise me if this league does whatever is necessary to prevent us from winning it on the way out.  Anything.  It might be Iowa State on the road.  They might let us get to the actual championship to draw more eyeballs and have one of the remaining teams make a "statement" against a departing team.  But it's coming.

So no change then. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Deej said:

The questionable ball spots are killing me. At one point, KSU player goes down short of the first and the ref goes to the right spot, get the ball tossed to him, then sidesteps to his left to the first down marker with the camera directly on him with zero fucks given. 

Been going on since conference play started. Yards added and first downs awarded to opponents, and short spots for us. It's as ubiquitous as our DL getting held. Can't imagine how many more sacks they'd have without it, and how much more lopsided our victories would have been.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think we have the first team in over a decade that probably SHOULD win the conference...and I'm 100% thoroughly convinced the league will not allow it to happen.
So laugh at OU now, but know that these missed calls may be an every down kind of thing in one of our upcoming games.  We're better than every remaining team on the schedule, but if they can tackle receivers every play along with the blatant holding that's already allowed, it won't matter much.

They will call targeting during the coin toss and eject Ewers.
  • Rage+1 2