Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

2 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

If we do make the title game it wouldn't Surprise me if we played Oklahoma State and I think we can imagine the refereeing horror that will occur in that game.

It will make the Charlie Strong game look like kids play. We're not winning this conference they are never going to allow that so just buckle up. We simply can't afford sark's typical terrible game decisions the rest of the way He's got to get better.

If we make it and do play Okie State, I know it wouldn’t happen, but if I were supreme Dictator, the Chariman or the party,  the Junta leader, or whatever I would call a press conference on Sunday and demand the Rig 12 use neutral Refs.    And then proceed to play video clips from the robbery known as the 2015 Okie ST game and then last years no penalties called on Okie State game.  End it with this is why we are leaving this conference and we can’t trust the Commish and his clown car Refs to call a fair game. 

• Hook 'Em 5

23 hours ago, Yesh said:

The missed PI on Worthy was the first WTF moment.  That followed by the punt block completely shifted the momentum.

If the PI is called we are in FG range and probably use most of the remaining time in the half. Score at the half is 17-0 at the worst, and probably 20 or 24. It completely changed the course of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

The fraternity of refs will fuck us forever.

Also, we’d look like whiny pussies.

Bottom-line, there are betting lines on this WWE shit. People are betting on rigged games.

It’s not whiney when the refs are basically throwing games, and it’s not an oops problem. It’s deliberate and targeted as the patterns are proof. If people just keep rolling over it will only get worse.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It was a yard or two every spot

Every play is on video multiple angles multiple cameras. It’s impossible NOT to prove the refuckery. Athletic programs on the wrong side of this will lose money to this disease. Players will lose opportunities. It’s not a fan ego thing, there are real consequences to this shit.

Act like a victim, you will be a victim. High time a more aggressive strategy comes out. It will not stop in the SEC. The Bama LSU game was a good example. ADs from the schools need to step up.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

Texas doesn’t pay fines or an exit fee.  They aren’t going to write a check at the end of the year.  The conference deducts both of those fees from the payout checks that they send to schools from media contracts.

Texas has been paid for the 2022/2023 schoolyear.  The B12 allotment from the current year won't quite cover the fees owed by Texas.  So Texas will indeed have to write a check for the rest, and so could theoretically stiff the B12 for the difference.  

In reality that won't happen, it's not something an institution with integrity would ever do.

That the B12 has zero integrity is a problem, but it won't be our problem after this schoolyear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

Weak counterpoint.

They do not care.  

Say it with me.

That’s obvious. So why should we care about the league’s “code of conduct”? Get out there and have coordinated press conferences calling out the fuckery and see if advertisers care . That’s what matters.

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s not whiney when the refs are basically throwing games, and it’s not an oops problem. It’s deliberate and targeted as the patterns are proof. If people just keep rolling over it will only get worse.

It’d be as whiny as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. We have at least 20 fanbases who horns down even when we dont play us. They’re loud and will muddy up the “patterns of proof”.

We’re the evil empire. OU got buttfucked on national tv with barely a peep.

Officiating sucks so bad nobody even notices anymore and people think review is the solution. But its not just shitty officials. They are outright cheats. Nobody cares.
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is all true.  But remember - in the grand scheme, you guys will always have it over on the leftovers.  It’s hard to see the big picture sometimes.  Hell, I’m definitely guilty of that.

If an entire conference could turn into MF aggy, this is it.  Unreal.  

easy for you to say - the rig used you for 25 years as the primary instrument to screw big evil texas

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Texas has been paid for the 2022/2023 schoolyear.  The B12 allotment from the current year won't quite cover the fees owed by Texas.  So Texas will indeed have to write a check for the rest, and so could theoretically stiff the B12 for the difference.  

In reality that won't happen, it's not something an institution with integrity would ever do.

That the B12 has zero integrity is a problem, but it won't be our problem after this schoolyear.

Incorrect, we are not paying them a penny. Texas/OU “gave up” revenue from 2024 (when we will not be playing in this conference) and agreed to take the same revenue hair cut as the other 8 for the addition of the 4 noobs. Other than that we paid $0 to leave.

Edited by TKthunder2

5 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Incorrect, we are not paying them a penny. Texas/OU “gave up” revenue from 2024 (when we will not be playing in this conference) and agreed to take the same revenue hair cut as the other 8 for the addition of the 4 noobs. Other than that we paid $0 to leave.

We owe $50M.  The 2022/2023 distribution was $44M.  Is the 2023/2024 distribution going to be more than $44M?

Edited by utee94

3 hours ago, El Squared said:

Every play is on video multiple angles multiple cameras. It’s impossible NOT to prove the refuckery. Athletic programs on the wrong side of this will lose money to this disease. Players will lose opportunities. It’s not a fan ego thing, there are real consequences to this shit.

Act like a victim, you will be a victim. High time a more aggressive strategy comes out. It will not stop in the SEC. The Bama LSU game was a good example. ADs from the schools need to step up.

Well... much like the issues with Michigan, what Texas would be better off doing is making Vegas aware of how much this is impacting the spread and unbalancing the various payouts.  Then let the chips fall where they may..

I kid... but it may not be the most outlandish idea there is

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Well... much like the issues with Michigan, what Texas would be better off doing is making Vegas aware of how much this is impacting the spread and unbalancing the various payouts.  Then let the chips fall where they may..

Vegas seems to have a good handle on big 12 lines, so they’ve figured it out on their own or are party to it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

if i read that correctly, there is nothing to throttle the fuckery

the rig could go Full Grant Teaff and our only recourse would be to litigate for damages after the fact

they are very good at the tradecraft of fuckery - this week snuck up on everyone - they executed with aplomb - and very little reverberation in the national media

with every success they move to contemplation of the next escalation, but they are out of runway

roach is on ABC national - too many eyes

tceh will have too many eyes

so it has to be the clones - we won't fall to espnU but if it gets scheduled for 230 or later on fs2 then we will know

• Like 1

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

It will absolutely be a problem after this school year. The Big XII is intentionally sabotaging us, OU and our value to the SEC as incoming members. It's not going to stop once we leave. 

We're going to get Big XII refs for a bowl game in the not too distant future and they are going to fuck us. 

The fuckjobs haven't been subtle. They are very obvious on video and easily supported statistically, if we could get the media to pay attention to it. 

We should be complaining and showing video. OU should be complaining and showing video.

Unfortunately, that's not going to be enough, but the media would listen to the SEC. Though Sankey is obviously aware of it, he is unlikely to publicly comment. It would make a difference if he did though. Sankey is who CDC and Castiglione should be talking to. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

easy for you to say - the rig used you for 25 years as the primary instrument to screw big evil texas

Yes…True OU owned this dogshit conference. And there was some ref fuckery, but you’ll all admit you stepping on your dicks was the biggest problem.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I hope the final Longhorn Rewind on LHN is three hours of Sark replaying bullshit Big 12 ref calls, after the first two hours is showing the game film from our 2023 national title win. 

bring back mack, strong and herman - give each a full 2 hours to review and rank the BS during their tenures

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

bring back mack, Strong and herman - give each a full 2 hours to review and rank the BS during their tenures

not being an ass but at this point I honestly dont think Charlie could literally describe ANY point in his tenure. 

we all thought it was him being cute when he kept referring to players as #24  & #56 in all the press conferences and talking to reporters...

Then we got the transcript of him having to testify in that Louisville couple's divorce and that showed he literally could not rememeber his then CURRENT address in Austin, not even his fucking zip code.   

I dont care how busy you are with coaching. you have to know your fucking zip code that you have been living at for ~18 months at that point. 

For probably 10+ years, everytime I use my credit card at a gas station I have to verify the charge by putting in my zip code. 

CTE could very well be a real thing for him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not being an ass but at this point I honestly dont think Charlie could literally describe ANY point in his tenure. 

we all thought it was him being cute when he kept referring to players as #24  & #56 in all the press conferences and talking to reporters...

Then we got the transcript of him having to testify in that Louisville couple's divorce and that showed he literally could not rememeber his then CURRENT address in Austin, not even his fucking zip code.   

I dont care how busy you are with coaching. you have to know your fucking zip code that you have been living at for ~18 months at that point. 

For probably 10+ years, everytime I use my credit card at a gas station I have to verify the charge by putting in my zip code. 

The depo transcript was fascinating.  I think he is literally retarded.  He could not name his starting QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

It will absolutely be a problem after this school year. The Big XII is intentionally sabotaging us, OU and our value to the SEC as incoming members. It's not going to stop once we leave. 

We're going to get Big XII refs for a bowl game in the not too distant future and they are going to fuck us. 

The fuckjobs haven't been subtle. They are very obvious on video and easily supported statistically, if we could get the media to pay attention to it. 

We should be complaining and showing video. OU should be complaining and showing video.

Unfortunately, that's not going to be enough, but the media would listen to the SEC. Though Sankey is obviously aware of it, he is unlikely to publicly comment. It would make a difference if he did though. Sankey is who CDC and Castiglione should be talking to. 

If that is the case, better call Paul (Finebaum).  He seems to be the mouthpiece - let him do it.

46 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

As long as there is no coin flip.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

The depo transcript was fascinating.  I think he is literally retarded.  He could not name his starting QB.

Yet he interviewed here and was hired. Further proof the boosters have no idea what they are doing with this program...thank God they grew a brain and hired cdc.

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes…True OU owned this dogshit conference. And there was some ref fuckery, but you’ll all admit you stepping on your dicks was the biggest problem.  

So true. We're definitely got some calls when Mack was coach. Iowa state was robbed on that goal line fumble recovery for a TD. Mack sold his soul for that one

So long ago....

this fuckery has existed since the early 2000s.  it's only a big deal now because Texas is leaving.
fuck the b12

Mack the politician held them in check. We also were dominant. In 2004, I think we injured every QB. Greg Robinson had our guys teeing off on offenses throughout the game. Rig12 didnt want to see that shit anymore.

But when Briles and Gundy started getting their high powered offenses going, then things really got out of hand from 2010-20.

Plus new player safety rules, which also added an array of subjective rules Rig12 officials could use to tip the scales. Is there any doubt Texas has 5x more personal fouls than their opponents?

Subjective penalties like holding and PI have to be 3x, 4x, 5x over the past 10 years.

I have little doubt Coach Herman would still be coaching here if games were officiated fairly. He’d have 2-3 more wins a year I bet and a conference championship or two.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah Jason white and sam Bradford were definitely heisman worthy qbs, and Paul Thompson was definitely good enough to win the conference.  No help required there. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if i read that correctly, there is nothing to throttle the fuckery

the rig could go Full Grant Teaff and our only recourse would be to litigate for damages after the fact

they are very good at the tradecraft of fuckery - this week snuck up on everyone - they executed with aplomb - and very little reverberation in the national media

with every success they move to contemplation of the next escalation, but they are out of runway

roach is on ABC national - too many eyes

tceh will have too many eyes

so it has to be the clones - we won't fall to espnU but if it gets scheduled for 230 or later on fs2 then we will know

.... Then we will know:

trap.gif.fcec63d65192cf3a29ca3f9db305688a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

The b12 has a problem, though: no conference team is undefeated and Texas is the only team with only 1 season loss.  That doesn't leave a lot of options. 

They have to know that if they screw over Texas to a loss, then NO team from the Rig 12 will be getting anywhere close to the playoffs.  So that means that when everyone gets to the big bowl and playoff games, either NO ONE is talking about the b12 at all, or at best, the conversation would be that winning the b12 isn't impressive enough to get their champion to the playoffs, where the b12 would be considered the worst of the major conferences even BEFORE losing their top two most esteemed teams.

Next option is to let Texas win, or even bite the bullet and rig the games in our favor.  The downside there is that the conference champion is leaving next year to a different conference, which could have the appearance that the best team is being promoted to a better league.  But on the other hand, at least the b12 is in the mix and being talked about during the playoffs, and there would be opportunity to say how the conference is competitive enough to produce a playoff-worthy champion.  "Texas got here because of the quality of wins against the other competitive Big 12 teams, and we'll be back next year with another exciting team!" kind of thing.  May be the best option the b12 can have out of this season.

So which do they choose? 

Oh, what am I saying?  Obviously they will try to screw over Texas and screw themselves over at the same time.  If the conference made good decisions, we wouldn't be leaving. 

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Oh, what am I saying?  Obviously they will try to screw over Texas and screw themselves over at the same time.  If the conference made good decisions, we wouldn't be leaving.

Frankly I think they would sell their first born to keep Texas from winning this conference this year. it's obvious at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah Jason white and sam Bradford were definitely heisman worthy qbs, and Paul Thompson was definitely good enough to win the conference.  No help required there. 

Yeah, I guess.  But you were busy losing to OU by way more than some ref fuckery, then in the following years you lost 4-5-6 games annually.  Acting like OU wouldn’t have owned the conference even with pristine reffing is laughable.  Only you big rich badass fucks have the resources to hang consistently.  And you didn’t.