Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Sark spoke his piece. He can’t say more, without the story being “Texas whiners”. It’s up to the media to write or talk about it now. 

Talk too much and they will really stick it to us. 

Sankey won’t say anything. Starting next year, the B12 is a minor league. It’s beneath his purview. Any ref fuckery just affirms that. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

No shit...  Early in the game one of KState's coaches started jawing one our guys on their sideline and absoultely nothing done.  We score a TD, and Marr's boys tell our guys the can't celebrate and direct them to go the sidelines.   

exactly.  he looked like the same douchenozzle that the dirtburglars used to have on their sideline(I think the get went with Riley but maybe not) that would yell at our players when they spilled into the OU bench area.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

It’s up to the media to write or talk about it now. 

So....nothing will be done as these guys will be left behind to deal with this fuckery long after TX leaves.  No national media is going to run with this.  Hell, they're barely running with the MI crap.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, statsman said:

Sark spoke his piece. He can’t say more, without the story being “Texas whiners”. It’s up to the media to write or talk about it now. 

Sankey won’t say anything. Starting next year, the B12 is a minor league. It’s beneath his purview. Any ref fuckery just affirms that. 

It's easier for the media to write that when you lose rather than win.    He's actually in a good position here because the critics can't comeback with blaming  the Refs for a loss.  The fact he references this goes back to other games we won helps too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pearlandhorn said:

Interesting...looking up Kevin Mar on LinkedIn and the guy is a Nebraska grad that lives in Omaha.  It all makes sense.

MiMedx Group.  For those with YELP and Twitter they employ Kevin Mar.  Also they got busted for securities fraud recently.  I mean....this fucking simulation...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I don't wonder that at all. It's beyond obvious that they were trying as hard as they could to find any way to give it to K State. 

They were. They discussed 100 different ways to spin it to give it back to KSU and eventually ran out of options.

I’m just trying to be diplomatic. I’m mellow on my old age.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

I don't think we have a choice and Castiglione/Venables should do it too. Sankey should also consider it, because it is strongly effecting the value of his new additions. Until the refs stole the OU/OSU game, TX/OU was by far the most likely championship game. This would have guaranteed adding the Big XII champ to the SEC. 

The refs have heavily put their thumb on the scales repeatedly this season. If not checked, they will cost us at least one more game, and three if they get the chance. They will also not stop this when we are in the SEC. We will see Big XII refs in bowl games in the future and they will 100% fuck us there too. 

Aside from that, there's a big player safety issue. One of our players is likely to get injured by these flagrant holds and facemarks that are going uncalled, especially as the remaining coaches and players figure out nothing is going to get called, no matter how egregious. Worthy is tiny. He could easily get tangled up and injured getting tackled in the middle of trying to make a catch. 

It's also the right time. Both the TX and OU games featured obvious Big XII ref fuckery, which happened in the open field on plays that heavily influenced the game. Clear interference on Worthy, Cook and Stoops among others. Calls that are made 100 times out of 100. Ones Pee-Wee refs wouldn't miss.  

If anyone in the media even scratches the surface, there is a clear pattern and tons of video evidence. 

My sons have better officiating in rec leagues.  

40 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I looked at all their PBPs and here is one that will blow your mind.  Army has put the ball in the air 142 times over 9 games.  They have accepted 3 pass interference penalties.  We have accepted 3 (2 of which were in the Bama game)

Which game was the other PI in?

No shit...  Early in the game one of KState's coaches started jawing one our guys on their sideline and absoultely nothing done.  We score a TD, and Marr's boys tell our guys the can't celebrate and direct them to go the sidelines.   

That assistant got in our player’s face AFTER one of their players, for no reason, ran our guy down who was 8 yards OB to get in his face, taunt and chest bump him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

That assistant got in our player’s face AFTER one of their players, for no reason, ran our guy down who was 8 yards OB to get in his face, taunt and chest bump him.

These cornfield state teams always think they can out tough us because they think we're coddled and they eat nails for breakfast, but they can't do it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Sark did the right thing in referring to gross season stats. If you point to one play, or one game, the other coach can say, “Hey, there were calls that didn’t go our way, too!”

What can anyone say if the opponent never gets called for holding, and only in games against you? “We just play cleaner against Texas”?

I did think of one thing Sankey could do. If he were to call a bowl, say the Gator Bowl, and say, “we’d like it if you didn’t have Big XII officials in this game. They seem to have biases that affect their calls”, I bet the officials would hear about it and clean their act up, tout suite. 

6 hours ago, Had Enough said:

The length of that review was something else too. They had the review showing on the Jumbotron with everyone watching. It does make you wonder if they were debating how not to give it to us.

They were trying to say he was throwing a forward pass.  Took forever to figure out that shit wouldn’t fly.  

12 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

who's protecting Mack? He deserves a lot of credit for building a great program but that doesn't excuse his total meltdowns against stoops. 

The Joe Jamails and Red McCombs of the world were protecting Mack to keep their access…to the detriment of the program. But they weren’t calling plays and they weren’t showering with players.

Our alums don’t interfere with day to day operations any more than at any other major program and less than most. Certainly less than somewhere like Auburn or even Texas A&M. It’s a completely false narrative. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Sark did the right thing in referring to gross season stats. If you point to one play, or one game, the other coach can say, “Hey, there were calls that didn’t go our way, too!”

What can anyone say if the opponent never gets called for holding, and only in games against you? “We just play cleaner against Texas”?

I did think of one thing Sankey could do. If he were to call a bowl, say the Gator Bowl, and say, “we’d like it if you didn’t have Big XII officials in this game. They seem to have biases that affect their calls”, I bet the officials would hear about it and clean their act up, tout suite. 

Twist the fucking knife.  Leave no doubt 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

The Joe Jamails and Red McCombs of the world were protecting Mack to keep their access…to the detriment of the program. But they weren’t calling plays and they weren’t showering with players.

Our alums don’t interfere with day to day operations any more than at any other major program and less than most. Certainly less than somewhere like Auburn or even Texas A&M. It’s a completely false narrative. 

You don't think pressuring mack to change coordinators multiple times was interfering? I guess you and I have just completely different ideas of their interference level and that's okay. it's all water under the bridge anyway. 

Like I said I did know someone who was connected with someone on the inside at that time and was told some concerning issues but the guy could have been lying to me. I'll never know because this person's access was gone the day Mack left.

Everyone seemed to have a contact in those days and that was part of the problem I think.

1 minute ago, FtheBig12 said:

You don't think pressuring mack to change coordinators multiple times was interfering? 

How old are you? I’m about to blow my fucking stack.

Mack got pressured after he crashed the plane into the fucking mountain. He changed DCs repeatedly for various reasons, but he refused to get rid of Davis. Jamail and McCombs protected him throughout.

He’s a stubborn asshole who put his feet on his desk after feeling he had done enough. He tore the program apart piece by piece by digging in his heels and making himself bigger than the program. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mack got pressured after he crashed the plane into the fucking mountain. He changed DCs repeatedly for various reasons, but he refused to get rid of Davis. Jamail and McCombs protected him throughout.

He’s a stubborn asshole who put his feet on his desk after feeling he had done enough. He tore the program apart piece by piece by digging in his heels and making himself bigger than the program. 

Old enough to have seen earl in the cotton bowl as a kid. You're mistaking my post for  defending Mack and I'm not. I was so ready for that ass to go. Just simply pointing out the boosters were way too involved in the program. I don't understand why that seems to trigger you so much but I'll let it go. You seem like the type that just can't handle someone with an opinion different than yours and I learned a long time ago these debates are pointless. It's ancient history and not worth arguing about. You can have the last word I'm not interested in continuing this silly argument.

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

exactly.  he looked like the same douchenozzle that the dirtburglars used to have on their sideline(I think the get went with Riley but maybe not) that would yell at our players when they spilled into the OU bench area.

No, Schmidt is still at OU and still does that shit to opposing players.

https://soonersports.com/staff-directory/jerry-schmidt/252

Bennie Wylie went to USC with Riley.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

So....nothing will be done as these guys will be left behind to deal with this fuckery long after TX leaves.  No national media is going to run with this.  Hell, they're barely running with the MI crap.  

No, the easy clickbaits are JImbo's hotseat and Arch thinking of transferring.  Thats all the write about anymore down here.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

There is no fucking way that Sankey is going to stick his neck out and basically accuse another conference of fixing their games. As blatant as it has seemed this season, there is no benefit to him or the SEC to kick that anthill. 

I said he should consider it, not that he was going to do it. I think it's pretty unlikely Sankey will publicly comment. If he does get involved, it's far more likely to be behind the scenes talking to reporters.

The long-term concern for Sankey should be this part of my post, which immediately followed the section you quoted. 

7 hours ago, Pods said:

They will also not stop this when we are in the SEC. We will see Big XII refs in bowl games in the future and they will 100% fuck us there too. 

Unless playing a Big XII team, Texas and OU each have a 1 in 4 chance their bowl/playoff game will be officiated by Big XII refs. Half the time they aren't playing a Big XII team, one of TX/OU will have Big XII officials, who will be doing everything in their power to fuck us every single time. 

If the Pac-2 refs no longer qualify, it will be a 1 in 3 chance for each school with a cumulative 2 out of every 3 times.

That's a lot of rigged games and, if not addressed, it's going to be a problem for the SEC. The SEC mystique is supported largely by their superior record in bowl/playoff games. It's one of the biggest reasons they get the benefit of the doubt for extra playoff spots.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not worried about B12 refs going forward. It will become increasingly clear that only two conferences matter, and officials will start looking at SEC bowl games as job interviews. 

Now, these crews, like Mar’s crew, have a problem. Now that Weiser knows that he can count on them to lean on the scale, I doubt he stops making his wishes known in future seasons. That won’t be fun. 

Edited by statsman

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

How can you say this?  It's not like he renamed the football website mackbrown-texasfootball.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 4

18 hours ago, statsman said:

The Musers discussed it on The Ticket this AM, using Sark's comments and the penalty disparity for Texas on opponent holding calls and PI's. Of course, it's a big deal to Junior this week because Drake Stoops was prison-raped in the endzone during Bedlam and nothing was called.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I saw somewhere that Drake Stoops had stepped out of bounds before he was interfered with and thus it may have been the correct call.

Gotcha. I just saw the very end of the play. So if a guy steps out of bounds, you can tackle him with no call? That wouldn't be an offsetting penalty situation?

Gotcha. I just saw the very end of the play. So if a guy steps out of bounds, you can tackle him with no call? That wouldn't be an offsetting penalty situation?

He’s an ineligible receiver.

And as JBJ pointed out some time ago, you don’t have illegal contact like the NFL. You can’t hold/tackle but you can play rough until the ball is in the air.

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He’s an ineligible receiver.

And as JBJ pointed out some time ago, you don’t have illegal contact like the NFL. You can’t hold/tackle but you can play rough until the ball is in the air.

So walk me through this. That was clearly contact after the ball was in the air. So, if he stepped out of bounds that contact was good and therefore a good no-call?

33 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I saw somewhere that Drake Stoops had stepped out of bounds before he was interfered with and thus it may have been the correct call.

Just looked at it again, I missed that the other day.  It looks like his right heel is out of bounds, but the PI was likely the reason.  Who cares in the end, lol happened. 

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

There is no way Stoops was out of bounds before the contact though.

There’s also no guarantee OU scores. Or that OSU doesn’t score.

Quit feeling sorry for this cheating ass program. 2021 was a screw job. 2008 they held their ass off en route to a national championship appearance. 2018 they got the critical calls in the Big 12 championship game. Took back a Tyrone Swoopes 60+ yard run on a run of the mill hold call. The Beuchele interception that our dude simultaneously caught. I only remember ever seeing one Olineman horse collar a LB. OU versus KSu. Non call interference when playing ISU that ended the game on that play in 2019. The tackle of the KU defender in 2021 on the game saving play. Whatever year it was their C fake snapped on a FG attempt to draw us offside. The refs gave them a 1st down. Their flopping punters. The Austin English horseshit. The Ceedee Lamb flop the Kenneth Murray getting off Scott free with helmet to chin on Sam. The Downs bs this year. The clock stoppage this year after the Bowman injury. Stoops, Kelvin Sampson bitched like no others while generally being the beneficiary of the better treatment. At this point, I’m not sure there are enough calls to offset the years of the bs they’ve received.

It was just a month ago they got the better treatment. To hell with them.

I might dislike Rig12 Refs and league office MORE than I dislike the Sooners.  That says a lot, given my extreme disdain for the state of Oklahoma in general, and hatred for Toby Keith music.

• Hook 'Em 1

So walk me through this. That was clearly contact after the ball was in the air. So, if he stepped out of bounds that contact was good and therefore a good no-call?

It looks like they missed it.

Presumably had Stoops stepped out of bounds of his own accord he is not eligible until someone else touches the ball. If he’s not eligible, how can he be interfered with? Then once the ball is touched, contact is allowable so it’s not possible for interference to occur.

But the OSU guy was the cause of Stoops going out of bounds, and it was while the ball is in the air. That’s interference all day.
  • Like 1

I occasionally think about the tcu game in Austin a few years ago where Texas had like 4 big plays in the first quarter nullified by iffy, or nonexistent penalties. I think one was an opi on Jake smith?

and that 2021 game- not only did the refs bring them back into the game, but I still get pissed at the dumb luck of our guy (Washington) landing with a toe oob on a catch near the goal line and their guy catches a duck and lands barely in bounds on a similar play. 

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

It looks like they missed it.

Presumably had Stoops stepped out of bounds of his own accord he is not eligible until someone else touches the ball. If he’s not eligible, how can he be interfered with? Then once the ball is touched, contact is allowable so it’s not possible for interference to occur.

But the OSU guy was the cause of Stoops going out of bounds, and it was while the ball is in the air. That’s interference all day.

If he had stepped oob on his own and the refs saw it to know not to call dpi, there would have been a hat on the ground. 

• Hook 'Em 1