Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, NashLonghorn said:

There is holding on every play, it just depends on the obviousiness of the hold.  Go down and drag the DE down with you, that a hold. Grabbing a player's jersey between the numbers not so much.  At least that is what an honest ref crew would call it.

I think an O-Lineman using hands to the face is a penalty and we never get that call even though it happens quite frequently against us.

And with a ref looking right at it too.

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Regular video shows Murphy being held. I agree.  What happens to 37 happens on every play and I disagree.
None of that is obvious from the gif posted, which is what started the whole back and forth with huckleberry.

In your second post about this, you were quite clear that you don't think there was any holding on the play. 

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

There is no holding on that gif

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

No because it wasn’t holding and anything questionable was split second

Now you are admitting Murphy was held, but being pedantic about whether it's observable from the gif, though you previously denied it happened at all. 

You aren't arguing with either Huck, me, or anyone else. You are arguing with reality and clear video/gif evidence and changing your argument as you go. 

I'm going to stop wasting everyone else's time engaging you. Photo and video evidence clearly aren't going to logic you out of a position you didn't logic yourself into. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pods said:

In your second post about this, you were quite clear that you don't think there was any holding on the play. 

Now you are admitting Murphy was held, but being pedantic about whether it's observable from the gif, though you previously denied it happened at all. 

You aren't arguing with either Huck, me, or anyone else. You are arguing with reality and clear video/gif evidence and changing your argument as you go. 

I'm going to stop wasting everyone else's time engaging you. Photo and video evidence clearly aren't going to logic you out of a position you didn't logic yourself into. 

The gif doesn’t show the entire shot of the line and the entire play, goddamn get it together. I was clear about what’s observable in the gif and then what is seen in video.

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

When a QB and WR read the field differently, and the wideout breaks one way and the QB throws it the other way (40 yards downfield) - that happens every game, and you NEVER EVER see that flagged as "grounding" (because it's not).  But when the refs huddled up, I had no doubt they were going to agree to flag it (they did).  At that point in the game, Texas had about 50 yards in penalty yardage against us, and ISU had 0.  

Their bitchass fans were crying. We knew it would be called. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

The best, most fairly-officiated game we have had in the last two years was on the road with an SEC crew.

But, I'm sure that's just coincidence.

The best performance by both lines in the past 14 years also occurring in that very same game is just happenstance.  Total coincidence.  No correlation at all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The gif doesn’t show the entire shot of the line and the entire play.

Stop with the attempted distortion my dude.

The gif starts immediately after the snap and shows Murphy the entire time he is held. At the start, he and the lineman have not engaged and Murphy is still in frame when the ball goes over his head.

If, as you now admit, Murphy is being held, he is being held in this gif. Even if you can't make it out.  

image.png.ad733e5d56a7e4b9d0999b9649281479.png

But you weren't only talking about the gif in the second post. In response to @Deej saying it wasn't called holding, because Texas didn't have the ball, you stated clearly that it was because it wasn't holding. 

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Because it wasn't Texas with the ball..

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

No because it wasn’t holding and anything questionable was split second

You do know other people can see your posts, right? 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I recognize that you are trying to make a point. and yes, the 49-0 1st half penatly yards was fucked... but to be so stupid as to say the illegal formation penalty didnt matter is completely idiotic.  They converted the 3rd down, and had the ball 1st and 10 somewhere around the 30 yard line.  That  would have given them a punchers chance to either get a TD, or a FG and try to recover an onside.   instead, that negated the 1st down and allowed us to sack them again on the new 3rd down. and then stop them on 4th.

the DPI call on AD was obvious and legit and resulted in us scoring that drive.

the hands to the face when we were trying to run out the clock was also an immediate first down and a huge penalty that the refs could have ignored. 

those were 3 highly impactful penalties against them.

I also agree the reffing is fucked against us, but stop acting like they made zero calls that were correct our way

everything you wrote is true, but does not subvert or counter the reality that those calls at those times DID achieve the stated intent of getting some yards against the opponent on the stat line at the very end of each half when simply calling any of dozen odd holds earlier in the halves would not have made it necessary to make said calls which did have the effects you cite

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

I edited it 11 minutes before your post, because I knew it was the one thing you would comment on when there were 2 very obvious holds. 

You obviously aren't going to be swayed by facts. 

i can't even begin to speculate what his agenda is, other than he is related by blood to eck, deterding, alvarez, yormark, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i can't even begin to speculate what his agenda is, other than he is related by blood to eck, deterding, alvarez, yormark, etc.

C’mon man, this isn’t that hard.

Highlight of dude’s life was delivering a speech to an STD infested audience.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s abundantly clear some of you aren’t viewing the gif.

Broughton trips on his stunt. Olineman puts out his hand on him to keep him down and even lets him up

You can’t see #63 hands until the end unless you have an ability to see through their left guard, left tackle, Broughton, and Blackwell. After watching the video highlights it’s more clear.

Blackwell and LT initiated contact, LT attempted to latch on, didnt, and then pushed him back

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 6

As nothing seems to be changing the trajectory of the fuckery, why isn’t UT AD and others having press releases or press conferences about it ? Obviously the B12 league condones it , so why not make noise and get advertisers to pull $ away? If the public buys the fix narrative, they will be hesitant to buy ad time. Time for some leadership.

stakes getting higher w/ every game.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

Broughton trips on his stunt. Olineman puts out his hand on him to keep him down and even lets him up
You can’t see #63 hands until the end unless you have an ability to see through their left guard, left tackle, Broughton, and Blackwell. After watching the video highlights it’s more clear.
Blackwell and LT initiated contact, LT attempted to latch on, didnt, and then pushed him back

Just watched play w Blackwell. Blackwell engages, LT gets hand on back of jersey. Blackwell is frozen (is getting held or did he have a stroke?). After running back releases, Blackwell finally gets free because LT lets go. Just saw a holding penalty like that on SNF.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

The lack of holding calls by everyone we match up with in conference is beyond laughable.  

Yeah, Big 12 O-Lines are just that good.  

Sure buddy.

Yes, and to pile on, a Big 12 team named Iowa State was perfectly coached, as in perfect, as in 0 yards and 0 penalties called on the field during the first half.  Does anybody think "perfect team" when you think of Iowa State?  There are not too many teams I think of as perfectly coached, but Iowa State is certainly not one of them.  

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Just watched play w Blackwell. Blackwell engages, LT gets hand on back of jersey. Blackwell is frozen (is getting held or did he have a stroke?). After running back releases, Blackwell finally gets free because LT lets go. Just saw a holding penalty like that on SNF.

They called that exact same play a hold on Banks that cost us a TD.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, El Squared said:

As nothing seems to be changing the trajectory of the fuckery, why isn’t UT AD and others having press releases or press conferences about it ? Obviously the B12 league condones it , so why not make noise and get advertisers to pull $ away? If the public buys the fix narrative, they will be hesitant to buy ad time. Time for some leadership.

stakes getting higher w/ every game.

Not much UT can do. The objective stats showing the disconnect between calls in UT games and no -UT games would absolutely carry weight in a court discrimination case (that’s how discrimination is proven), but there is no way the media can understand them. 

However, they do understand, “Texas is a whiny titty baby”, which is how the B12 office would explain it. Plus, that’s a juicier story. 

I think Texas is doing the right thing, with Sark’s subtle post game jabs and in game yelling. It’s all we can do. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

So let's review:

Blackwell wasn't held

Quinn grounded the ball

Horns were short of the first 

That pass was catchable 

Epstein killed himself 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Keep in mind...this includes the Bama game that was done by SEC officials.

So take 10 penalties off the total for us with Big 12 officals....

Oklahoma is dead last in the league in penalties.  Our game with them they had 4 we had 9.  It's a October Festivus miracle!

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Buddy, I’m talking about one gif here

Yeah the one that this came from and you don't think it's holding. I guess he's patting Blackwell on the back and in turn Blackwell decides to hang out for a second instead of going to cover his guy, whom he sees going by with a TD eminent 

Screenshot_20231120-081700_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah the one that this came from and you don't think it's holding. I guess he's patting Blackwell on the back and in turn Blackwell decides to hang out for a second instead of going to cover his guy, whom he sees going by with a TD eminent 

Screenshot_20231120-081700_Chrome.jpg

The second he made contact with the linemen he was fucked. Screenshots are incredibly deceptive cause the gif shows he never latches on for more than  half a second, and never pulls him sideways

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2