Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

NCAA needs to add Coaches challenge. It goes to the booth, get 2 per game, but a coach can call them for spots and missed calls, no bullshit “that’s not reviewable crap” that the officials use as part of their fuckery.
And coach gets to keep making challenges until they get one wrong.

WWE , I mean Rig… I mean Big12 games would be 8 hrs long.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

WWE , I mean Rig… I mean Big12 games would be 8 hrs long.

That is the point.  It motivates the conference and fan base to see proper officiating.   Also Mack's comments in the early 2000s about the NCAA taking over officiating vs. doling it out to the conferences was correct.   

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is the point.  It motivates the conference and fan base to see proper officiating.   Also Mack's comments in the early 2000s about the NCAA taking over officiating vs. doling it out to the conferences was correct.   

Gotcha and yes. How there isn’t just one set of ncaa or BCS or CFP or whatever set of refs is beyond me.

I get it… but at the same time I don’t get it.

Its like we’ve kept all the shit parts of conferences / regionalization of college football and all the good stuff has gone the way of the dodo.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man, we gotta disagree on the Huard/Galindo. Huard was so, so bad. He's Beth Mowins bad, imo. 

I agree.  This year from what I’ve seen on LHN it appears he’s really trying to keep his job in some capacity, perhaps to keep doing things like the coaches shows on a whatever platform is used to produce those shows.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

No it isnt

I get that you're trying to seem smart and snarky but you just come off as dumb and stubborn. Nobody is saying the side judge or back judge on this type of play should call the hold from this angle, but there was clear holding and you can see it in that gif if your goal is to see the truth rather than to play the role of wise and impartial truth teller. The latter just ends up being Kirk Bohls so if that's the company you'd like to keep then by all means proceed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

Eck is working this jets/bills game I believe.  The nfl doesn't hand their $65 billion (guesstimate) company to incompetent idiots.  They hire stooges and yes-men like eck to carry their water.  Of course the big 12 refs are crooked.  You have to question the motivation of anyone claiming otherwise.

• Like 1

#37 is held by #75 who uses both hands to grasp the defender's left shoulder jersey and pad. This is a clear violation of 9-3-b. While the hold itself is obvious from other angles of the play the effect of that hold is also obvious from this angle for anyone with two functioning eyes. 

The left tackle's only concern on that play is making sure the LB does not disengage to cover the RB. He accomplishes that by holding him. 

He prevents disengagement twice via the hold and only lets go the third time once the back has released. The duration of the hold is actually irrelevant because there is nothing in the rules about "split second" holding being okay despite your previous terrible excuse.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Agreed but Huard is a color guy. He’s not bad. Galindo and Brando are the worst ever and yes on Galindo over Brando. 

very different. Huard isn’t bad  at all and can be endearing on Sirius XM. But even when he is, it can’t compare to the drunk uncle of college football Brando or The millennial menace Galindo. 

My favorite ‘color guy’ story is watching a football game with my girlfriend (now wife) [sorry no pics]  in which I complained about the color guy for a series. He did happen to be black. She recoiled when I tried to kiss her after a couple of plays. “I can’t believe you talk and think like that!” 
I look back confused. The. It clicks.

I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.

Had to explain that the color guy is the other guy who isn’t the play by play dude who provides ‘color’

I still laugh at that to this day.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

#37 is held by #75 who uses both hands to grasp the defender's left shoulder jersey and pad. This is a clear violation of 9-3-b. While the hold itself is obvious from other angles of the play the effect of that hold is also obvious from this angle for anyone with two functioning eyes. 

The left tackle's only concern on that play is making sure the LB does not disengage to cover the RB. He accomplishes that by holding him. 

He prevents disengagement twice via the hold and only lets go the third time once the back has released. The duration of the hold is actually irrelevant because there is nothing in the rules about "split second" holding being okay despite your previous terrible excuse.

37 is not being held and at best it is not occurring long enough to get anyone’s attention to get a flag thrown

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 6

For me, the worst was the intentional grounding. You never see it on a long pass into the end zone, when there is a receiver in the end zone. Every other time, everyone shakes their head and says, “they must have been in the wrong page”. 

Last night, if they could call it on Texas, even if a little unreasonable, they called it on Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

For me, the worst was the intentional grounding. You never see it on a long pass into the end zone, when there is a receiver in the end zone. Every other time, everyone shakes their head and says, “they must have been in the wrong page”. 

Last night, if they could call it on Texas, even if a little unreasonable, they called it on Texas. 

Fortunately Bert Auburn said fuck your bullshit intentional grounding and drilled the FG

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is actually a much bigger deal than people think. They consistently give our opponents an extra yard and take a yard away from us every chance they get. If it's not near a line to gain it's never reviewed. That's a yard every play. There are 130 plays per game. You can subtract incomplete passes and touchbacks but that's about it.  

Remember USC’s 4th & 2 play in the 2006 Rose Bowl when Lendale White was stopped for almost no gain and a ref across the field ran over and moved the already spotted ball up a yard to make it just inches, necessitating a chain measurement?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

NCAA needs to add Coaches challenge. It goes to the booth, get 2 per game, but a coach can call them for spots and missed calls, no bullshit “that’s not reviewable crap” that the officials use as part of their fuckery.
And coach gets to keep making challenges until they get one wrong.

Then we would have 10 hour games with the Big12 refs.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I get that you're trying to seem smart and snarky but you just come off as dumb and stubborn. Nobody is saying the side judge or back judge on this type of play should call the hold from this angle, but there was clear holding and you can see it in that gif if your goal is to see the truth rather than to play the role of wise and impartial truth teller. The latter just ends up being Kirk Bohls so if that's the company you'd like to keep then by all means proceed. 

There is holding on every play, it just depends on the obviousiness of the hold.  Go down and drag the DE down with you, that a hold. Grabbing a player's jersey between the numbers not so much.  At least that is what an honest ref crew would call it.

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I had to turn Huard down last night. The cheerleading for Iowa State was nauseating.

Fox really wanted the upset, they had created so many graphics showcasing every time Iowa state upset someone in the history of the universe and they really did not want them to go to waste.

Edited by Grande Mart
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 2:24 PM, Zeus said:

Oh look another official review

Klatt says this should be a short review lmao

Does he not remember the last 100 rig 12 games?

It's all good man we are out of this shitty conference and it is doing to be irrelevant next year. 

I am glad we are going to the South Eastern conference, where the fans don't complain about the refereeing.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think this is at least the second conference game in which a personal foul was called in our favor in the last couple of minutes, with the game decided, to throw on a meaningless 15 yards to the opponent stat line. 

the free first down did help us run out the clock but it was still academic at that point. 

This is where the Rig 12 is really showing its ass.  There is no way the Rig 12 could get away with the pace they created the first half...100 yards against us and 0 against ISU would have been the final result of the 1st half pace.  They would have been totally exposed to all fans, not just fans of the big 12....so, enter a meaningless penalty or 2 for us.  I count the illegal procedure penalty against them as well.  We were winning the game.

As an aside, as someone who hasn't watched every minute of every game this season, but has watched probably 80% of the snaps, the marking us short a yard here and there registers, but it doesn't drive me crazy like the discrepancy in penalties.  The total discrepancy in penalties every game is what gets me.  The Rig12 machine is consistent.  I expect total domination every game.  We dominate in penalty yardage every game.  50 to 0 at half-time led to whatever yesterday.  

I wonder if Yormark has a job where he hears about the Rig 12?  probably not.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Next y’all are going to start saying olinemen need to make wings when blocking like it’s 8 year old flag football

It was an ovbious call when I saw it on TV during the game.  Not sure what you're narrative is here, but this post is just full of bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grande Mart said:

Fox really wanted the upset, they had created so many graphics showcasing every time Iowa state upset someone in the history of the universe and they really did not want them to go to waste.

Yep. They had the storyline ready and were just waiting for it to happen. I'm sure they talk all about it in their production meetings.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

This is where the Rig 12 is really showing its ass.  There is no way the Rig 12 could get away with the pace they created the first half...100 yards against us and 0 against ISU would have been the final result of the 1st half pace.  They would have been totally exposed to all fans, not just fans of the big 12....so, enter a meaningless penalty or 2 for us.  I count the illegal procedure penalty against them as well.  We were winning the game.

I recognize that you are trying to make a point. and yes, the 49-0 1st half penatly yards was fucked... but to be so stupid as to say the illegal formation penalty didnt matter is completely idiotic.  They converted the 3rd down, and had the ball 1st and 10 somewhere around the 30 yard line.  That  would have given them a punchers chance to either get a TD, or a FG and try to recover an onside.   instead, that negated the 1st down and allowed us to sack them again on the new 3rd down. and then stop them on 4th.

the DPI call on AD was obvious and legit and resulted in us scoring that drive.

the hands to the face when we were trying to run out the clock was also an immediate first down and a huge penalty that the refs could have ignored. 

those were 3 highly impactful penalties against them.

I also agree the reffing is fucked against us, but stop acting like they made zero calls that were correct our way

It's obviously on purpose, and anyone still being obstinate about this is being obstinate on purpose too.

In a single still image.

#75 is clearly holding the back of #37/Blackwell's jersey. 

#53 is holding the back of Murphy II's jersey. 

5BDD9AE4-1297-496F-AB20-DAF34550BDA2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.154bae73216cc217230883653108cf30.jpeg

Both of those holds were obvious visibly impeded the defender from making the play. At least one of them would be called 100% of the time in any other league.

Both of those holds were critical to Iowa State scoring a touchdown on that play, so no call. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

It’s not a hold, and when you initially said I have to look at a different video you gave away your tell

I never said you have to look at a different video, I said the gif shown was not the best angle to see the hold. The hold is still perfectly obvious on what we saw here. More relevantly, your argument here makes no sense. The angle we saw here was also not the angle that the responsible official has on the play. So saying you can look at the play from another angle isn't giving anything away because the official who should make the call is looking from a different angle. 

You are flailing about wildly so I'm gonna leave you to it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Grande Mart said:

Granted, that’s easier than a graphic of every time a favored Horns team destroyed a plucky underdog’s dream

• Haha 2

Generally with Mack the Big 12 refs liked us and since Mack the Big 12 refs haven't. 

But the holding thing has been a constant the whole time. They are just going to let our guys be held.

That is one thing I am not going to miss about this league. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s not a hold, and when you initially said I have to look at a different video you gave away your tell

Just watch the clip from normal view, murphy gets held by 63. What happens to 37 happens on every play and would make games 6 hours long 

https://youtu.be/mdv9CLWQkTs?si=O4VIlgXoGzIDtAgH

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I never said you have to look at a different video, I said the gif shown was not the best angle to see the hold. The hold is still perfectly obvious on what we saw here. More relevantly, your argument here makes no sense. The angle we saw here was also not the angle that the responsible official has on the play. So saying you can look at the play from another angle isn't giving anything away because the official who should make the call is looking from a different angle. 

You are flailing about wildly so I'm gonna leave you to it. 

Oh shut the fuck up you stupid goddamn pussy

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 6

7 minutes ago, Pods said:

It's obviously on purpose, and anyone still being obstinate about this is being obstinate on purpose too.

In a single still image.

#75 is clearly holding the back of #37/Blackwell's jersey. 

#53 is holding the back of Murphy II's jersey. 

5BDD9AE4-1297-496F-AB20-DAF34550BDA2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.154bae73216cc217230883653108cf30.jpeg

Both of those holds were obvious visibly impeded the defender from making the play. At least one of them would be called 100% of the time in any other league.

Both of those holds were critical to Iowa State scoring a touchdown on that play, so no call. 

In addition, #54 was also holding Broughton and is now pushing him in the back. 

Broughton falls and the linemen lightly touches him down

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Broughton falls and the linemen lightly touches him down

I edited it 11 minutes before your post, because I knew it was the one thing you would comment on when there were 2 very obvious holds. 

You obviously aren't going to be swayed by facts. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

37 is not being held and at best it is not occurring long enough to get anyone’s attention to get a flag thrown

No idea what any one is talking about, eating my Double Barrel Brisket Baked Potato from Soul Man's like a poor, but on the Adonai  as Adonai does....that was a hold.

And I didn't even watch the game. Anybody got a link?

3 calls?  Nope, just the two I mentioned.  I realize I was being a little hyperbolic on the illegal procedure, that technically State was still in the game without the penalty.  

However, the fact of the matter is that the way the game was being called, "horse teeth Campbell" had every right to believe a hands to the face should be ignored.  After all his team was winning penalty yards 49 to 0 at halftime, and if left to the refs on the field, there would have been 0 calls against his team the entire first half. (booth review on the illegal touching)

Why should that pattern change?

That is the question someone with a brain should ask Yormark.  After 49 to 0 yards in penalties why did the pattern change very late in the game, commish?  Isn't IState a perfectly coached team?  I mean perfect? 0 calls on the field for a half and then all of a sudden there are calls against them in the 2nd half.  

wrt  "stop acting like they made zero calls that were correct our way".   Look at the first half.  You see any calls our way?  I sure don't. Bottom line, the game consists of 2 halves, the refs did what they were instructed to do in first half, and it wasn't enough for the Fighting Campbells, so the refs gave in and made a few calls for us.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

I edited it 9 minutes ago, because I knew it was the one thing you would comment on when there were 2 very obvious holds. 

Regular video shows Murphy being held. I agree.  What happens to 37 happens on every play and I disagree.

None of that is obvious from the gif posted, which is what started the whole back and forth with huckleberry.

@BurntOrange&Whitestart commenting

• Fuck You 3