Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Paxton ordered by Travis county judge that he still needs to sit for his deposition on Feb 1. I’m sure Paxton will continue to use the courts to attempt to get out of it.

Im also confident that he will plead the fifth amendment against self incrimination on all questions but then release a statement that he’s only doing it to protest an illegal deposition.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

1) it'll never happen.  The GQP is a party of cowards.

2) think about this....Paxton is the chief attorney for the state of Texas.  Meaning that he has a fiduciary duty to the State of Texas.  And what is he doing?  Agreeing to open up the State of Texas (his client) to liability to cover his (individual) ass.  He is putting his interests ahead of those of his client.  A textbook breach.  But when it comes to Paxton, that may be the least of his shittiness.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) it'll never happen.  The GQP is a party of cowards.

2) think about this....Paxton is the chief attorney for the state of Texas.  Meaning that he has a fiduciary duty to the State of Texas.  And what is he doing?  Agreeing to open up the State of Texas (his client) to liability to cover his (individual) ass.  He is putting his interests ahead of those of his client.  A textbook breach.  But when it comes to Paxton, that may be the least of his shittiness.

Just like with the Orange Edgelord, the GQP had a chance to fire this POS into the sun and (guess what?!) failed to do it. I'm willing to bet Moscow Mitch wishes he'd handled Trump's second impeachment differently now.

• Rage+1 1

Ken Paxton allegedly asked some guy named Josh Feuerstein to run against Keith Bell in the Kaufman County GOP primary. Lots of signs around Forney and Terrell with his name on it that say shit like "protect kids from Democrats" and "there's only two genders". Culture war stuff blah blah blah I get it. Only problem is Josh hasn't filed any campaign finance paperwork for a treasurer. When I blockwalked for city council candidates they made a big deal that they can't spent a penny until a campaign treasurer is named and paperwork filed with the local governing body. I guess he too believes the law doesn't apply to him

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Ken Paxton allegedly asked some guy named Josh Feuerstein to run against Keith Bell in the Kaufman County GOP primary. Lots of signs around Forney and Terrell with his name on it that say shit like "protect kids from Democrats" and "there's only two genders". Culture war stuff blah blah blah I get it. Only problem is Josh hasn't filed any campaign finance paperwork for a treasurer. When I blockwalked for city council candidates they made a big deal that they can't spent a penny until a campaign treasurer is named and paperwork filed with the local governing body. I guess he too believes the law doesn't apply to him

Among his various shenanigans, this one stands out:

On January 5, 2021, Feuerstein spoke at a rally in D.C. where he and a number of other anti-abortion pastors, including Pastors Ken Peters and Jon Schrock, spoke in support of Donald Trump's claims that election fraud happened during the 2020 United States presidential election. During his speech, Feuerstein specifically talked about Mike Pence's role in the following day's counting and claimed he would not refuse to certify the election "like the little coward, the little swamp monster, the little slimeball he is.”[24] Feuerstein would go on to condemn Senators Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, and Mitch McConnell for allowing the "steal" to happen. Feuerstein concluded his speech by saying, "It is time for war! And let us stop the steal!"[25] [26] As a result of his participation in this rally, Feuerstein was suspected of inciting the Insurrection attempt that happened the following day, as many of the attendees at the January 5 rally were arrested during the following day's events. In a televised interview with Newsmax, Feuerstein confirmed that he was contacted by the FBI and was under investigation.

He's also another interloper bringing more batshit to our already unstable state.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

Just like with the Orange Edgelord, the GQP had a chance to fire this POS into the sun and (guess what?!) failed to do it. I'm willing to bet Moscow Mitch wishes he'd handled Trump's second impeachment differently now.

The donors didn’t want either impeachments and the Republican propaganda department wasn’t fully behind it either. 
Without money or media behind it, it was never going to happen.

Statesman and people of conscience are dead in the Republican and just few in all our nation / state.

I thought his name sounded familiar.  Josh Feuerstein was made fun of 8-9 years ago, on Youtube, for his religious stunts and idiocy. His Youtube is a gold mine of stupidity like these ( he got drug so hard he stopped posting videos there):

Edited by Jhawkmvp

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

D-2 days. Paxton is still ordered to sit for a deposition on Thursday. 

Does he find a friendly court to delay/cancel the deposition? Does he plead the 5th? Does he just not show?

Time will tell.

He’s asking the Texas Supreme Court to help him out

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/office-of-attorney-general-asks-texas-supreme-court-to-block-ken-paxton-deposition-in-whistleblower-case/

My bet is the Texas Supreme Court won't relieve him of the obligation to appear, and Paxton will just no-show and force the plaintiffs' counsel to go through the time and expense of a contempt proceeding, which he will then fight, appeal, etc.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Here’s a link if you want to see Paxton’s writ or the whistleblowers response.  

https://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=24-0073&coa=cossup

Well, one interesting twist is that now Paxton has not only admitted the allegations in the petition, he has moved for entry of judgment in favor of the plaintiffs.  So he is kind of "putting his money where his mouth is."

So that leaves damages as the only "live" issue in the case.  And Paxton may actually have a point that he and his staff don't have much discoverable information on damages.

This is a truly bizarre set of facts.  No idea how it will come out.  SCOTX hasn't shown much interest in protecting him, but  . . . . .

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

My bet is the Texas Supreme Court won't relieve him of the obligation to appear, and Paxton will just no-show and force the plaintiffs' counsel to go through the time and expense of a contempt proceeding, which he will then fight, appeal, etc.  

This what I'm assuming will happen. Paxton's strategy is to continually create new legal issues or questions that then require more court filings, appearances, appeals, etc. And he has an unlimited budget to continue the fight. He has our tax dollars to protect him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Love this quote from his lawyers:

“Once that damage is inflicted, it cannot be undone,” the OAG lawyers wrote.

His testifying, presumably to the truth, will damage his case. I assume that even Paxton recognizes that utilizing his right to not self-incriminate himself creates a bad look for the AG. 

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

D-2 days. Paxton is still ordered to sit for a deposition on Thursday. 

Does he find a friendly court to delay/cancel the deposition? Does he plead the 5th? Does he just not show?

Time will tell.

Plead The Fifth R Kelly GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, one interesting twist is that now Paxton has not only admitted the allegations in the petition, he has moved for entry of judgment in favor of the plaintiffs.  So he is kind of "putting his money where his mouth is."

So that leaves damages as the only "live" issue in the case.  And Paxton may actually have a point that he and his staff don't have much discoverable information on damages.

This is a truly bizarre set of facts.  No idea how it will come out.  SCOTX hasn't shown much interest in protecting him, but  . . . . .

Paxton has not offered a Rule 314 Confession of Judgment, which is THE appropriate vehicle for what he is purportedly trying to do.  The REASON he hasn't done so?  Rule 314 requires that the "justness of the cause" alleged against him must be ADMITTED, by a sworn pleading.  Meaning that Paxton has to, under oath, say "the things pleaded against me are true and just."  He has not done so.  He will not do so.  Instead, he has filed an amended Answer that at the same time, said "I did nothing wrong, I was completely vindicated, I am totally innnocent!", and then said "but....I contest none of the charges, they win."  Nope.  That's not how it's done.

Because the civil process does not have the same penalties as the criminal process, it also does not have the same "out clause" that the criminal process has -- a plea of nolo contendre.  Such a criminal plea does NOT admit the charges alleged, but says "I will not contest them."  That mechanism is not available in a civil proceeding.  The available mechanism is a Rule 314 confession....so he either needs to make such a confession of judgment, or he needs to STFU and give his deposition.

But don't worry, the SCOTX will find a way to cover his ass.  Because party matters.  It's the only thing that really does.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is Paxton saying that the previous settlement has been decided, or is he will to accept any judgement from the court? It seems like actual collection of any amount is in question.

The collection is somewhat in question.  The statute waives immunity for a certain amount, but as I understand, it still needs to be appropriated.  AND, because the statute allows for back pay and such, I suspect the full settlement amount was calculated to include that.

But the real thing is that the settlement agreement was a contingent agreement - it was contingent on the lege appropriating money so the plaintiffs got paid.  It didn't happen, so that agreement is dead.  He's TRYING to say "here's a final judgment, enter it and award money against me," while at the SAME TIME, pleading that he did nothing wrong and denies everything.  Nope.  That's not how it's done.  The mechanism provided is Rule 314:

Any person against whom a cause of action exists may, without process, appear in person or by attorney, and confess judgment therefor in open court as follows:

(a) A petition shall be filed and the justness of the debt or cause of action be sworn to by the person in whose favor the judgment is confessed.

Sub (a) is the key.  Paxton has a file a petition, and UNDER OATH, must admit to the "justness of the cause of action."  He can't at once deny the justness of the cause of action (which he is continuing to do in his filed pleadings) but then say "but go forward with a judgment against me."

And Paxton does NOT want to admit, under oath, that the claims against him are just....because that would be tantamount to admitting to crimes under oath.

His path forward is to give a depo, take the 5th over and over, and then have an adverse judgment entered against him later.  But he wants to have his cake and eat it to: he admits to the claims, but he also completely denies them.  Fuck that.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's not exactly true.  He's not putting his money anywhere.  He's putting the taxpayers' money where his mouth is.  And as a taxpayer, I don't really like my money being in that position.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's not exactly true.  He's not putting his money anywhere.  He's putting the taxpayers' money where his mouth is.  And as a taxpayer, I don't really like my money being in that position.

But what you have to understand is that taxpayer money IS Paxton's money.  They are one and the same.  There is no limit to the amount of State of Texas dollars that can be spent to benefit Paxton.

But also, MAGA is there to fight corruption, and the deep state, and is fighting for "we the people," and protecting our tax dollars.  You're just too dumb to get it, libtard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Hence the quotes.  It don't matter what Paxton does, we're on the hook for his malfeasance and we will probably pay, up to $250k per plaintiff, at least.

There's probably a "fun" political angle to this for anyone who has the temerity to use it against Paxton and his allies, but brisket's valid point notwithstanding, the Texas taxpayer will pay, irregardless.  Uphauling.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, wreckatx said:

SCOTX granted OAG's stay postponing the depositions, but asked the whistleblowers to respond to the mandamus by 2/29. 

Postponed the process for at least one month. I bet the eventually say that he has to give a deposition but the can will continue to be kicked down the road.

has there ever been a defendant that can delay his trials like Paxton?

Ken cracking down on drug possession in municipalities that are supplied by foreign cartels?  After accusing other elected officials of working in concert with said cartels. 

Bold fucking move, General.  I've been telegraphing this for 7 years now and I now have no fucking idea what you're doing.  God be with you, because nobody else on this earth will be.

I applaud your stamina.  The longer you get court continuances and stays, and delay trials and depositions, and fling shit up against the wall...the longer you stay in office.  And the longer you stay in office, the longer you are off limits.  But you must certainly realize by this point, these people simply do not forget.  Even when they die, they literally leave a list of people to exact revenge on.  You are so beyond fucked.  You'll probably stay in office for another decade.  But my god, what they are going to do to you eventually.  Even my sick-ass can't imagine what will be visited upon you.  Why in the ever living fuck you did this is just beyond the pale.  You could have a normal and even profitable elected life.  But you got mixed up with the wrong people.  And then fucked them over.  And these are people you don't fuck over.  Look on the bright side, they'll probably start with gouging your bad eye...  

Edited by YGIFS

Got his ass kicked again yesterday:

Whistleblower lawsuit against Ken Paxton can continue, Travis County judge rules

Hogan Gore

Austin American-Statesman

0:02

0:17

A long-running wrongful termination lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton — which prompted his impeachment and drew interest from federal law enforcement authorities — can continue despite multiple attempts by the state's top lawyer to have it thrown out, a District Court judge ruled Wednesday in rejecting a motion to conclude the case.

Travis County state District Court Judge Catherine Mauzy's ruling, which comes a day after the Texas Supreme Court issued an emergency ruling to temporarily delay Paxton's deposition in the case, lets the lawsuit brought by four former agency employees continue as the state's high court considers Paxton's argument seeking to block his sworn testimony. Paxton had been scheduled to be deposed Thursday.

Arguing in District Court on Wednesday, Bill Helfand, Paxton's attorney, said there is no reason for the case to proceed as the attorney general is ready to accept a final ruling in the suit and comply with any settlement agreement the court issues.

"My client is prepared, and has authorized me, to come here and concede the entry of a judgment of liability," Helfand said, maintaining his argument made in previous court filings that continuing the case is an unnecessary waste of resources.

Addressing the court for about 20 minutes, Helfand pushed back on the whistleblowers' argument that Paxton's testimony is warranted to adjudicate the case and inform a possible future decision by the Legislature on whether or not to fund a potential settlement.

Last year, the Texas House rejected Paxton's request to pay a $3.3 million settlement agreement with the whistleblowers, and the lower chamber instead launched an investigation into the former employees' allegations of bribery and abuse of office. The House overwhelmingly voted to impeach the attorney general on 20 charges. Ultimately, the Texas Senate, which held an impeachment trial, acquitted Paxton.

"There's no reason not to proceed with a judgment because there's nothing else to be done in this case that the plaintiffs need to get a judgment because my client is conceding the entry of the judgment," Helfand said.

Before rejecting Paxton's motion for a final judgement, which is meant to circumvent the District Court order compelling him and three of his deputies to be deposed in hopes of avoiding a future trial, Mauzy was skeptical of Helfand's argument that the attorney general is both willing to concede to a final verdict and also maintain his innocence.

"Those seem to me to be contradictory positions," Mauzy said.

TJ Turner, an attorney for the whistleblowers — Paxton's former top deputies who say they were fired after approaching the FBI with concerns that their boss might have acted improperly in helping a since-indicted campaign donor, Nate Paul — called Helfand's argument the latest ploy to keep Paxton off the witness stand.

"This is just the latest parlor trick in OAG's quiver that they've deployed to avoid what the Attorney General fears most, and that's testifying under oath," Turner said, referring to the Office of the Attorney General.

Turner, successfully making the argument to reject Paxton's motion, said the whistleblowers are entitled to craft a full record in court of their complaint against Paxton, and that Paxton does not have the right to accept a judgement and continue to deny any fault in the case.

"This amended answer they filed specifically denies our allegations from one side of their mouth, while saying they will no longer contest them from the other," Turner said.

In post-hearing comments to the media, Turner said the whistleblowers' case in District Court is allowed to continue as the Supreme Court deliberates Paxton's appeal about being deposed. No additional hearings in Travis County were scheduled after Mauzy's ruling Wednesday.

Outside of the court settings, the whistleblower case has gained the attention of national Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, who on Tuesday lobbied for the state's high court to stop the legal action against Paxton.

• Hook 'Em 2

I know I get redundant but this forum uses the "Every Accusation is a Confession" trope way too frequently.  But in the case of contemporary Paxton, I think it's going to be borne out by history that it was completely true.  I mean, I've thrown out some doozies about the guy years ago, but what he's doing now is just fucking batshit-level insane.  He is just going absolutely scorched-Earth.  I dunno if the game is that he knows he's going down so he wants to take everybody out with him or he know he's going dead so his desperate plea is "I'll fuck these guys over for you and you can then have them in your back pocket for life if you'll spare me and my family."  'Cause legally and politically speaking, this makes zero fucking sense.  

12 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

It's amazing that you can just say whatever you want and not have to worry if it's bullshit or not because a large contingent will cheer anything you say.

Paxton goes on a "revenge" tour, calls the Speaker drunk, etc. Phelan releases this ad.

Paxton camp: Didn't know Paxton was running in Phelan's district hurrdurr