Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
In another year or so, we'll revisit all of these guys who left and see how they performed elsewhere. The Kyler Murray's of the world will be few and far between. The majority will turn out more like Caleb Chapman and Dylan Wright. At the end of the day, the guys who make the best moves, IMO, will be ones like Deneric Prince, who essentially transfer down a level to ensure a lot of playing time and the chance to show what they can do given the game reps. Obviously, guys like Denver, Lucas and Marshall - who had little to no option (Lucas could have returned but it sounded to me like his family felt the damage was done and he needed a change of scenery) - are different n that talent, health or general inability to get on the field wasn't an issue.

Long story short, we're going to have a lot of cases like the Dylan Wright one and far less of the Kyler Murray's to study in short order.

I love it. "Stupid sips. Losing so many guys to the portal is actually a good thing. It's good that we'll only have 65 scholarship players because we're getting rid of dead weight." 

9 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
In another year or so, we'll revisit all of these guys who left and see how they performed elsewhere. The Kyler Murray's of the world will be few and far between. The majority will turn out more like Caleb Chapman and Dylan Wright. At the end of the day, the guys who make the best moves, IMO, will be ones like Deneric Prince, who essentially transfer down a level to ensure a lot of playing time and the chance to show what they can do given the game reps. Obviously, guys like Denver, Lucas and Marshall - who had little to no option (Lucas could have returned but it sounded to me like his family felt the damage was done and he needed a change of scenery) - are different n that talent, health or general inability to get on the field wasn't an issue.

Long story short, we're going to have a lot of cases like the Dylan Wright one and far less of the Kyler Murray's to study in short order.

So you're saying those highly rated recruiting classes were way over ranked? Got it

• Hook 'Em 2

I think the Liucci family migrated from just beneath the heel of the boot of Italy. The tiny province was called Uva Acerba whose only claim of any credit was an allegedly delicious ass testicle mush that no one outside of the province had ever tried. Actually, the province probably still exists. People speak of Uva Acerba in the past tense because so much time passes between references to or even thoughts about it.

The province gets its name not from grapes grown there, for their vines never bear fruit. Their absurdly large hall of wine barrels is ever empty. The story of the provincial name provides insight to both Uva Acerba and the Liucci family history.

The prosperous province that forms the heel of the boot above Uva is known for many things but famous for it's spectacular seasons of unsurpassed grapes and the large, tastefully understated hall where the vintages age like fine memories. Acerbans such as the Liucci clan had to pass through Ultimo Toro to travel the peninsula. Their greatest dread was being mistaken for a Toroean. 

The Liuccis were known for two things: their capacity for eating the local mush and their annual certainty that their vines would produce splendid grapes because their vines were better than anyone elses. Dejected and bitter, the Liucci would annually traverse Ultimo Toro in their large wagon filled with the manure of nearly all the asses in their area. After the annual futility of predicting grapes, the manure trade was all the family had left for earning their daily ass testicle mush.

Bilius Liuccis of every generation would pass through the beautiful fields of vines and shout, uva acerba! The local farmers would laugh and that generation's Bilius would challenge them to come to his province where he lived with his mother and fight him. Of course, this brought tears to accompany the laughter. Uva acerba, toro ultimo!

Thus Uva Acerba got its name. It's believed to still exist, but nobody cares enough to travel there to find out. They historically have attracted sitting successful magistrates to improve the province; these men are never heard from again.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 3

They will need the luck from the Oklahoma 2000 season regarding injuries to go 10-2 in the regular season. I'm still not sure that does it for them, given that I think their OL is garbage and their TBs are simply okay. Maybe the TBs wind up being really good if Moss and Owens have their shit together. Seems pretty binary.

If memory serves, OU didn't lose a single starter to injury all season in 2000 but for a random game or two. If I'm wrong on that, it can't be by much. They had terrific starting talent and great coaching, but they hadn't built any depth yet. Everything broke those bastard's way, dammit. 

Anywho, I think something like that is pretty farfetched for ATM in 2023. They need to hold on to everyone, pick up key players from the next portal period, have a number of freshmen contribute like non-freshmen and they need to stay injury free. Any injury at LB, QB, OL, and TB and they are in some very deep shit. I don't see them figuring out the portal situation in the next month and their freshman class is mostly steamy poo. I'm not predicting 5-7, but I would bet on that outcome for a lot of money before taking 10-2 as the alternative choice.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Might as well go ahead and post a spring update on ATM here. Probably do it on the football board too.

Some of my friends that know people and players in and around the ATM program have always called it straight on ATM. I know some folks that read my ATM posts regularly know that, but others that don't or think I'm wishcasting, I'll just point out that I foretold of what was coming from ATM in the 2022 class back in the winter of 20/21 when they starting pushing chips in, and it wasn't funny or happy shit for us. So do with this what you may, but this isn't fan fiction even if it reads like it. 

Fisher hasn't changed a thing with the offense. They're running the same shit and Petrino is being forced to learn the playbook so the illusion of him calling plays on gameday can exist. There have been no new installations of scheme whatsoever on either side of the ball.

Coaches are infighting, to the point that people are talking shit in the open at practices. Coley is completely iced from any relevance whatsoever and has no say in anything but is moneywhipped into shutting the fuck up, keeping his fancy title and worrying over tight end development. 

Blackwell is apparently shellshocked. I'm interested in seeing if he stays for more than a year. Addazio and Craig apparently hate each other. Petrino and Fisher aren't feigning to be friendly in front of others.

There are still a number of weed-smoking mercenaries on the team, some of whom may not make it out of the spring. Going to class is a bug, not a feature. Smoking weed before practice is a ritual among a portion of the players. 

One highly rated defensive player's parents thinks the program dysfunction is complete. But, hey, the money's right. For everyone. 

If this is all true and we are as good as I think we will be...  This is going to be a great year for the aggy tears thread.  Get your popcorn ready, boys.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Might as well go ahead and post a spring update on ATM here. Probably do it on the football board too.

Some of my friends that know people and players in and around the ATM program have always called it straight on ATM. I know some folks that read my ATM posts regularly know that, but others that don't or think I'm wishcasting, I'll just point out that I foretold of what was coming from ATM in the 2022 class back in the winter of 20/21 when they starting pushing chips in, and it wasn't funny or happy shit for us. So do with this what you may, but this isn't fan fiction even if it reads like it. 

Fisher hasn't changed a thing with the offense. They're running the same shit and Petrino is being forced to learn the playbook so the illusion of him calling plays on gameday can exist. There have been no new installations of scheme whatsoever on either side of the ball.

Coaches are infighting, to the point that people are talking shit in the open at practices. Coley is completely iced from any relevance whatsoever and has no say in anything but is moneywhipped into shutting the fuck up, keeping his fancy title and worrying over tight end development. 

Blackwell is apparently shellshocked. I'm interested in seeing if he stays for more than a year. Addazio and Craig apparently hate each other. Petrino and Fisher aren't feigning to be friendly in front of others.

There are still a number of weed-smoking mercenaries on the team, some of whom may not make it out of the spring. Going to class is a bug, not a feature. Smoking weed before practice is a ritual among a portion of the players. 

One highly rated defensive player's parents thinks the program dysfunction is complete. But, hey, the money's right. For everyone. 

Smells like 4-8

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks. Hope you're right.

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher went out of his way to say in his last press conference that a lot of the offensive players seemed to be more comfortable being in their system for another season. Right then and there I knew that they weren’t changing shit. Why Bobby Petrino agreed to come call plays from somebody else’s playbook is perplexing. I mean, sure, you were about to have to be the offenses coordinator at UNLV, but that would be better than having a raging leprechaun on your shoulder on game days. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Fisher went out of his way to say in his last press conference that a lot of the offensive players seemed to be more comfortable being in their system for another season. Right then and there I knew that they weren’t changing shit. Why Bobby Petrino agreed to come call plays from somebody else’s playbook is perplexing. I mean, sure, you were about to have to be the offenses coordinator at UNLV, but that would be better than having a raging leprechaun on your shoulder on game days. 

The best part of all that was Texas ended up being the winner of the aggy-UNLV-Texas coaching carrossel. 

10 hours ago, Plorant said:

If this is all true and we are as good as I think we will be...  This is going to be a great year for the aggy tears thread.  Get your popcorn ready, boys.

You’re right, but it’s going to be hard to top last year considering the ridiculously high expectations they had.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Really didn't see this coming as a week prior he was quoted on his ECU visit:

OL transfer Derek Ferraro on visit: ‘It’s going to be difficult to top the experience at ECU’

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Really didn't see this coming as a week prior he was quoted on his ECU visit:

OL transfer Derek Ferraro on visit: ‘It’s going to be difficult to top the experience at ECU’

There's always a Pirate ... 

(RIP The Pirate ... )

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who do they actually lead for in recruiting?  Miller seemed aggy bound, but looks LSU now.  Maybe McFall and Bussey?  They seem to be going all in on TyAnthony Smith and using the bleak depth chart at LB for them.

Bussey is the only one that comes to mind. I do think they'll inexplicably land a 5 star DL. Hopefully it won't be Simmons. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bussey is the only one that comes to mind. I do think they'll inexplicably land a 5 star DL. Hopefully it won't be Simmons. 

Simmons to aTm seems as likely as Futureman actually being right on something or sticking to his word. I would be shocked, but millions can change anyone’s mind, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So if they miss on Noland their current QB take is an extra from Captain Phillips. It feels like I'm watching the Florida State train wreck in slow motion. 

Jimbo knows how to win a national championship, t-sip. He was a (barely) sitting national championship coach when A&M snatched him away from Florida State.