Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not watching, but looking at Texags, all the talk about the spring game is how awesome Walter Nolan looks after losing 40 lbs.

I saw the game, he does look good, but their offensive line is still trash so take it with a grain of salt.

Looch on transfers: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss9gmt

Dalton Hughes: How many transfers do you think we get in the final push?

Billy Liucci: Four. One down, three to go. Four. It's a crap shoot. I said earlier, I just don't want them to get a lot of guys to go, "Oh, we got our scholarship numbers up. We got some special teams, and we got some depth." They need players too. It needs to be a combination of both. And by players, even if you get just two guys that are going to be very impactful on Saturdays this fall, starter or depth, namely at linebacker corner. Even if you just get a couple, but they got to play. You also need depth. I get that, but don't just get depth and go, "Hey, we're good up front. We're good starting out." Get a linebacker to push to start alongside Edgerrin Cooper. Push Martrell Harris in year two, push the true freshman, push Chris Russell who's a veteran. Get somebody in here. I saw the guy the other day, yesterday that entered the portal, transfer from Cincinnati. Now I haven't heard of A&M having any connection to him and, unfortunately, you got to assume this guy's already got a school picked out and NIL’d up and ready to go, but if he doesn't or if there's a way you can kind of throw a wrench into that, damn that would be a good addition. One of the better players on a really good defensive team that probably is a future NFL linebacker, and if you could get him, it changes a lot for you just like that.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

He's got part of this right. That Cincy LB probably already knows exactly where he's going, which I assume is ND or Wiscy. 

There will be 20 teams pitching any decent LB to come to their program and "compete for a starting spot" alongside ATM. Many of them will have a far better story to tell and the money will be comparable everywhere. They're going to be reaching in a major way to land anyone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ad03f0cf6ab8d06b7c1bad1d275bd24b.png

Nice spring for the Shemari.

He's done this a bunch of times. There was one that had three mentions of Tony Grimes being underrated. It's like asking a toddler how their day was and they just keep babbling on and on repeating stuff 

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Addazio's son is still doing all the recruiting and handing out offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Coen-Echols-46129080/

Louie Addazio and Nick Petrino (whenever he officially joins) are bringing the failson energy that propelled Brian Ferentz to the top of the cfb coaching conversation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"I will eat your ass!"

I think Jones is so far out there that nobody in CR or DT claims him.

Nobody will *admit* to claiming him. Plenty of wife beating, fascistic fuckbois in DT that buy his tactical baths and Sandy Hook lies. 

Cross posting, for (any) impact on Aggie OL recruiting.

(Medical reasons - wish him the best.)

A&M OL Josh Bankhead announces his retirement from football

Tarp

Spoiler

A&M OL Josh Bankhead announces his retirement from football

Tarp

Texas A&M offensive lineman Josh Bankhead posted on social media today that he is retiring from college football due to health issues. He posted "After 3 concussions and several back injuries I have decided to medically retire from the game of football. This is easily the most heartbreaking decision I have ever made and of course I am going to miss it. All of it. At the end of the day I have to trust that God has a plan for me and I need to continue to have faith in that."

"Dear @aggiefootball, Thank you so much for the memories, the laughs, the encouragement, the wild nights in Kyle, my teammates, and most importantly the opportunity to further my athletic career as well as giving me a shot at a premier education. I will always love and appreciate every staff member that works in the Bright Football Complex. From the head coach all the way down to the support staff. I'd like to think I did the best I could to have a good relationship and a good impact on everyone's lives in the organization. I came to Texas A&M in hopes to leave it way better than I found it."

Bankhead began the spring with the second unit during sessions open to the media but was on the sidelines for most of spring ball. He redshirted in 2020 and played a combined total of 23 plays in 2021 and 2022.  

A finalist for the Houston Touchdown Club Player of the Year as a senior after the 2019 season. ankhead was rated as three-star out of Woodland College Park High School with a 247 Sports Composite of .8709. He was ranked as the 36th bets offensive guard nationally and the 77th best player in the state of Texas.

Bankhead played under former A&M tight end and defensive lineman Lonnie Madison. He was also a lifelong A&M fan and committed to the Aggies after picking up an offer after he visited Aggieland for the 2018 spring game.

"I was up at the spring game last Saturday and then, on Sunday, I got the offensive line coach's number to call him," Bankhead told Gigem247.com's Brian Perroni in the spring of 2018. "Coach (Jim) Turner, he basically said he wanted me to come back for another visit on Wednesday. I sat down with Jimbo Fisher and he offered me."

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with all due respect to the kid, they seriously put out a tweet about "landing" a transfer from...... jackson state?

really?

It’s better than “we’ve got 30 kids in the portal.” What else they got?

I love it. "Stupid sips. Losing so many guys to the portal is actually a good thing. It's good that we'll only have 65 scholarship players because we're getting rid of dead weight." 
Does increase the chance they can make payroll for the few players that didn't run away as fast as possible.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with all due respect to the kid, they seriously put out a tweet about "landing" a transfer from...... jackson state?

really?

Some clown in the zoo was crowing about him being the #1 LB in the portal, except he was #37, just the highest  remaining

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fisher went out of his way to say in his last press conference that a lot of the offensive players seemed to be more comfortable being in their system for another season. Right then and there I knew that they weren’t changing shit. Why Bobby Petrino agreed to come call plays from somebody else’s playbook is perplexing. I mean, sure, you were about to have to be the offenses coordinator at UNLV, but that would be better than having a raging leprechaun on your shoulder on game days. 
I dont think Petrino is legendary for good decision making, but I could be wrong.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Anybody got an aggy scholarship head count? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=111720819493539103059&rtpof=true&sd=true

The Aggie Grid tab shows all scholarship players by position and signing class. The total players and average rating are shown at the bottom.  They are at 75

• Hook 'Em 1

There is an argument on scholarship reductions that I have been thinking on, self imposed sanctions are not THAT bad, NCAA imposed sanctions matter because of the negative air the put on the program. That said A&M going -10 and still having problem filling out the rest -even with bread- is completely different than say an Alabama going -10 on schollies, the lack of balance on the A&M roster is so god damn hilarious.