Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Aggies and people not paying attention keep descibing that team as "loaded." How can that be with ten empty slots on the team and a massive exodus well-regarded players from the bench?

You feel like these idiots and lazy observers just remember the greatest class of all time and generally very good ranking prior to that without any further analysis. They have some very good players, but loaded? C'mon.

Now it looks like their QB position has a ceiling of competence this coming season with Heisman Weigman second team. Aggies at Texags still talk like he's the can't miss starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Aggies and people not paying attention keep descibing that team as "loaded." How can that be with ten empty slots on the team and a massive exodus well-regarded players from the bench?

You feel like these idiots and lazy observers just remember the greatest class of all time and generally very good ranking prior to that without any further analysis. They have some very good players, but loaded? C'mon.

Now it looks like their QB position has a ceiling of competence this coming season with Heisman Weigman second team. Aggies at Texags still talk like he's the can't miss starter.

the story theyve been putting out, that while theyve lost 30 players to the portal, they still have a ton of returning production.

going by returning starters. I dont see how they make that claim, because they lost starters. but thats the line of BS they are spewing. 

and according to aggy, starters is all that matters. Experienced depth and youngblood, both of which they lost, isnt a consideration.

gotta love aggy

38 minutes ago, Scholz said:

By my estimation, they have 4 position groups that could be wrecked with a couple or even 1 injury: OT, WR, LB and CB. They have good starters but are very thin. Luckily for them there are never injuries in football.

Did the Fatheree injury ever get confirmed? I received a few texts about it. 

Yeah if Cooper or Chappell go down they are deeply screwed. 

I think their depth at WR is OK. Ainas Smith, Moose, and Evan Stewart are all fairly capable. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, linux said:

If they run 11  personnel they are one deep at WR. Last year it was 21 but who knows if Petrino has any say.

Ainas Smith is coming off a major injury. Stewart was injured in the Spring and is a head case. 

They definitely didn't feel good about their depth which is why they went after that UTEP WR. Didn't he transfer back to UTEP? Assuming Petrino is going to spread it out  and use the WRs more I definitely see the potential for major issues at that position. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/23/2023 at 5:56 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Same people that are sure that Texas offense will struggle because it lost so much production from the rb position in Robinson and Johnson, but feel confident that they will replace achane’s production and their offense will be fine. 

That Jimbo/Petrino high-octane offense is plug-and-play, ya stupid sip!

Is aggy still attempting to piggyback visits? That is, begging OOS recruits to visit CS on their way back to Bergstrom? 

Those were a Tarp false hope staple prior to 2022. “(Insert recruit’s name) plans to visit Aggieland after he wraps his Texas visit. The Aggie coaches have been in constant contact, and they like where they stand.”

7 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

It's German! https://forum.orusports.com/index.php?/topic/12447-mystery-solved-a-possible-solution-for-the-unconventional-pronunciation-of-abmas/

Gerry seems to think we're in on some other guys that haven't entered yet. 

31 minutes ago, BigDSteve said:

I think I am going to steal this!  Whenever I screw something up, it all turns to shit:  #AggieUp

Not as many people are familiar with the "Doppel-G-ie" (ggie), but it is pronounced "ssit," somewhat similar to the "Esszett" (ß) making the "ss" sound.

Edited by Magus Ossis

The involved custodian, who is Black, told an investigator that “he was ‘talked down to,’ called ‘boy’ in a derogatory manner” and had his job threatened by Addazio after the coach was told a restroom in the Colorado State University football offices was closed for cleaning on Oct. 20, 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

While he never confirms that dr andrews is who enai white was headed to see, I don’t know that he does many minor procedures or clean ups. But maybe that’s confirmation bias of only hearing his name mentioned with serious orthopedic injuries. 

Due to aggy trying to raise money for the buyout, White is going to see the doctor next door. Dr Saul Goodman.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

5th round and Antonio Johnson still hasn't been drafted.  Didn't Tarp/Looch and company says he could possibly be a 1st rounder, but for sure day two?

35 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Think a lot of people were saying that.

Great talent. As a recruit he had eligibility and character questions. Gotta think that might have re-emerged in interviews. 

On 4/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, RomaVicta said:

Loaded Diaper

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Loaded Diaper

Does anyone have a counter on how many of those guys from the 2022 class have transferred? 

the one positive is that I am absolutely shocked that they have not lost anyone from that DLine. Either Robinson is that dude, or bitcoin bounced back.

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Does anyone have a counter on how many of those guys from the 2022 class have transferred? 

the one positive is that I am absolutely shocked that they have not lost anyone from that DLine. Either Robinson is that dude, or bitcoin bounced back.

- I believe 7 from the '22 class entered the portal.

- From their d line recruits, they did lose Anthony Lucas (but I do agree with your premise - I too am surprised they haven't lost more from that position group).

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The Aggie by Class tab shows the status of every signee since 2017, sorted by year then ranking. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=111720819493539103059&rtpof=true&sd=true

7 transfers from 2022 class. Anthony Lucas is the only DL so far. Others were:

Denver Harris 

Chris Marshall 

Smoke Bouie

PJ Williams 

Groves-Killebrew

Ish Harris

• Hook 'Em 1