Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

texaggy knows they are loading up the war chest for collin simmons, because that could be the only thing to explain their recent postings. Simmons has 3 OVs set up and none are to the school everyone thinks is leading in LSU. aggy is hardly ever mentioned in this recruitment, but texaggy keeps spitting out posts saying they are in it "behind the scenes."

Such utter bullshit word salad.  So dishonest.

"Excited about our chances", "Positive momentum", "Trending in a positive direction", "Well positioned", "In contention for a visit", "Still communicating and building relationships", "Recruit to the end"

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Such utter bullshit word salad.  So dishonest.

"Excited about our chances", "Positive momentum", "Trending in a positive direction", "Well positioned", "In contention for a visit", "Still communicating and building relationships", "Recruit to the end"

Reminds me of something…..

FC23C239-1C5D-405E-BB41-713E76A98AF7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Looking at 247 and On3, aggy really doesn't have many OV's set up for the summer.  Maybe thy are saving them for the season?  Lots of OOS types.  Only ones I saw that we are after was Saina, Ty Smith, Washington, TJ Lindsey.  Guys like McKinley, Nigel Smith, and Cruz are OVing both as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

texaggy knows they are loading up the war chest for collin simmons, because that could be the only thing to explain their recent postings. Simmons has 3 OVs set up and none are to the school everyone thinks is leading in LSU. aggy is hardly ever mentioned in this recruitment, but texaggy keeps spitting out posts saying they are in it "behind the scenes."

Anytime TexAgs and HtownHorn agree on something, you just know they are going to be dead fucking wrong. 

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking at 247 and On3, aggy really doesn't have many OV's set up for the summer.  Maybe thy are saving them for the season?  Lots of OOS types.  Only ones I saw that we are after was Saina, Ty Smith, Washington, TJ Lindsey.  Guys like McKinley, Nigel Smith, and Cruz are OVing both as well.

So no cement pond party?  Did the apartment complex close down or something?

• Haha 2

Was it Richard moore the one that looch or one of them said was a better prospect or would be a better player than Malik Jefferson?

I just perused a list of aggy signees over the years looking for a name that seemed familiar with the watch the tape lb but didn’t see one. Did the kid end up signing there or did he get processed after they built him up?

47 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was it Richard moore the one that looch or one of them said was a better prospect or would be a better player than Malik Jefferson?

I just perused a list of aggy signees over the years looking for a name that seemed familiar with the watch the tape lb but didn’t see one. Did the kid end up signing there or did he get processed after they built him up?

I think that was Dwaine Thomas, who wasn’t even nationally ranked.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Would rep you 100 times if I could for bringing back this positive memory. Seegars is the guy. The Liucci spin is just spot on. Spot fucking on.

Watch. This. Tape.

This is a kid who you take early because you can get him now and if you hesitate you're running the risk of his offer list blowing up overnight. Then you have a free for all on your hands when it didn't have to be that way.

Kaci Seegars is a guy that Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Tyler Santucci identified as a screaming take, and the staff is trusting their evaluation here and using one of what may end up being only two scholarship LB spots that the Aggies use in the Class of '21. 

What happened to Seegars? Well, he ended up at Liberty. Had a grand total of two tackles in 2021. Was injured in 2022.  But hey, maybe this screaming take will have a screaming impact this year. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

The Liucci spin is just spot on.

Spin?

a kid who you take early because you can get him now and if you hesitate you're running the risk of his offer list blowing up overnight. 

Billy nailed it! The big boys came rushing in and snatched up Aggie gold even though the Ags didn't hesitate! It was a shark feeding frenzy for this young man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ah the Great Santucci. Probably the most inept recruiter in Power 5 during his time at aggy. He is missed. 

Haha: https://247sports.com/Coach/Tyler-Santucci-3737/AllTimeRecruits/

I went to see who their new LB coach is and it looks like they didn't even bother trying to replace Santucci. Durkin is the de facto LB coach. Jimbo Fisher really is actively trying to reduce that entire program to smoking ruin. "Hey, Ritz Bitz, we lost our LB coach." "Oh yeah? I don't want to go through some sort of interviewing process. Fuck it. Durkin, that's all you."

It was around this time 4-5 years ago when Durkin killed a guy. I wonder if the ATM defensive roster makes it through this offseason intact? 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I went to see who their new LB coach is and it looks like they didn't even bother trying to replace Santucci. Durkin is the de facto LB coach. Jimbo Fisher really is actively trying to reduce that entire program to smoking ruin. "Hey, Ritz Bitz, we lost our LB coach." "Oh yeah? I don't want to go through some sort of interviewing process. Fuck it. Durkin, that's all you."

It was around this time 4-5 years ago when Durkin killed a guy. I wonder if the ATM defensive roster makes it through this offseason intact? 

just want to remind you and everyone else that Tyler Santucci is now the Co-DC and LB Coach at Duke. evidently they promoted him to Co-DC with Durkin last year

A&M had one of the absolutely weirdest put together defensive coaching staffs in the country last year and i didn't even realize it. 2 DE coaches, 2 LB coaches (if we are going to be even kind of honest about Durkin), 1 DB coach seems pretty rare to me?

• DE coach (Price)
  • DL coach (Robinson)
  • Co DC/LB Coach (Santucci)
  • Co DC/"Safeties" coach (Durkin, who has literally never coached the position in a 20 year coaching career) - he was the LB coach.
    • image.png.4657d4e2cdc59b999472aa8035fdaa68.png
  • generic "DB Coach" (TJ Rushing)

i think you see lots of mixes where you have 2 DL + 1 LB + 2 DB or 1 DL + 2 LB + 2 DB but 2 DL + 2 LB + 1 DB seems pretty rare in a quick look at teams that anyone cares about. shows one more way that that hillbilly is behind the times.

i looked up OU but their coaches website is funky. says they have 3 DCs (Ted Roof, Todd Bates and Jay Valai) and no WR coach even though they announced Emmett Jones 2+ months ago.

fully expect Santucci to flourish at duke BTW.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The newsiest Drelon Miller posts:

FxO_aT6XwAE73i-?format=jpg&name=mediumFxO_auNWAAEpgIa?format=jpg&name=medium

"Think we get him"

image.thumb.png.8a035ea843a7701c427cc3551f9e7ba2.png

Also, I love the justification. "Oh man, that drive to Houston plus a 3 hour plane flight is too much." Of course, it's a 3 hour drive from Silsbee to College Station. But yeah, a guy would never drive 90 minutes to take a 3 hour flight. That's clearly unpossible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

“You can say Lane has beaten A&M two years in a row” - Looch

Yeah…I guess you could say that. What a concession. Can’t call him a homer, he really just calls it like he sees it.  

"But if we would have gotten them in 2020...."

Also, the hilarious irony of throwing shade at Ole Miss for beating an "8-4 and 5-7 team... and Tennessee, but before they got going."

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Also, the hilarious irony of throwing shade at Ole Miss for beating an "8-4 and 5-7 team... and Tennessee, but before they got going."

Oh, the gem is the next line ... the contempt and disdain for (beating) teams that " that have barely qualified for a bowl."

image.png.2f43bcfce096ee60734305a94b40bb8c.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NoName said:

just want to remind you and everyone else that Tyler Santucci is now the Co-DC and LB Coach at Duke. evidently they promoted him to Co-DC with Durkin last year

A&M had one of the absolutely weirdest put together defensive coaching staffs in the country last year and i didn't even realize it. 2 DE coaches, 2 LB coaches (if we are going to be even kind of honest about Durkin), 1 DB coach seems pretty rare to me?

• DE coach (Price)
  • DL coach (Robinson)
  • Co DC/LB Coach (Santucci)
  • Co DC/"Safeties" coach (Durkin, who has literally never coached the position in a 20 year coaching career) - he was the LB coach.
    • image.png.4657d4e2cdc59b999472aa8035fdaa68.png
  • generic "DB Coach" (TJ Rushing)

i think you see lots of mixes where you have 2 DL + 1 LB + 2 DB or 1 DL + 2 LB + 2 DB but 2 DL + 2 LB + 1 DB seems pretty rare in a quick look at teams that anyone cares about. shows one more way that that hillbilly is behind the times.

i looked up OU but their coaches website is funky. says they have 3 DCs (Ted Roof, Todd Bates and Jay Valai) and no WR coach even though they announced Emmett Jones 2+ months ago.

fully expect Santucci to flourish at duke BTW.

Their DB coach’s titles are bizarre. Rushing coaches “Defensive Backs” and Gross-Armiento coaches “Secondary”. WTF is that? Which one coaches safeties and which one coaches corners?

Cooking jokes aside, I’m not sure what Price does there anymore. By all accounts Robinson is the better recruiter and coach. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

An OL from Katy named coen Echols is mandated to commit to aggy at their earliest convenience, which is likely early on this weekend to try and generate excitement among the group.  

and I’m surprised they are bothering to host a kid from Many, since the fans talk on and on and on about how bad arch’s opponents were and Many was one of them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

FxjAHKGX0AAZRbg?format=jpg&name=mediumFxjAHhDXoAA8kHO?format=jpg&name=mediumFxjAH1gXsAAeXtK?format=jpg&name=medium

Saina, Washington and Smith are the only guys on that list that Texas really gives a shit about in this cycle. Not saying other guys listed are quality recruits, but some really aren't. 

Their status with Smith is slipping and they covet him. I won't be surprised if they throw an outsized offer at him and land him because of that. Irrespective of whether or not that happens with Smith, I expect the aggies to be willing to do what it takes at LB and CB this cycle. They don't have an endless war chest unless they're suddenly winning and it might be too late in this cycle when that happens, which I don't expect anyway. I think they're going to have to reach at QB; they'll fuck up OL as always; inexplicably land a star DL; and find a TB and TE with problems or that no one else is prioritizing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Saina, Washington and Smith are the only guys on that list that Texas really gives a shit about in this cycle. Not saying other guys listed are quality recruits, but some really aren't. 

Their status with Smith is slipping and they covet him. I won't be surprised if they throw an outsized offer at him and land him because of that. Irrespective of whether or not that happens with Smith, I expect the aggies to be willing to do what it takes at LB and CB this cycle. They don't have an endless war chest unless they're suddenly winning and it might be too late in this cycle when that happens, which I don't expect anyway. I think they're going to have to reach at QB; they'll fuck up OL as always; inexplicably land a star DL; and find a TB and TE with problems or that no one else is prioritizing.

Seems like we're at least semi-interested in Warren too. Aside from that, 100% agree.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:15 AM, closetojumping said:

I think people should be continuously reminded that Durkin killed a guy. Anyway, Durkin totally killed a guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Chin Pubes

Screenshot_2023-06-06-11-34-47-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Tyanthony Smith is not the best LB in the state of Texas this year, and it's not a close contest. I'd love to get him and he's damned good, but Liucci is either oblivious to the talent landscape this year or he's being purposefully misleading to his audience. I assume it's a little of both. 

Tyler Santucci left ATM to join Elko willfully. Liucci knows that for sure, so he's purposefully lying on that one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Who is the best linebacker in Texas? Unprejudiced question. Just wondering. Thanks.

I'm also wondering if a couple of more seasons of the traditional disappointment at Texas 8&4 is pushing Billy towards a Section 8.

Billy, you okay?

spacer.png

Unfortunately, Justin Williams. He appears intent on leaving the state. There are several others hovering around the same prospect value as Smith, but they're either looking elsewhere or committed elsewhere, so he's ignoring like 3-4 guys to make the claim he's making about Smith.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1