Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

5 minutes ago, AP101S said:

Waiting to hear Liucci say that McGee was just one of several candidates, not even the top candidate, and no offer was made.

Picking between Jimbo and Brohm as an offensive coach must have been a really tough choice, wow.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, AP101S said:

Waiting to hear Liucci say that McGee was just one of several candidates, not even the top candidate, and no offer was made.

“I know some national reporter types would have you believe Jimbo was turned down by his top choice. Typical narrative-driven fake news driven by a school down in Austin. Jimbo is casting a wide net to ensure he hires only the most elite wide receivers coach. In fact, sources in Bright have told me Jimbo has recently zeroed in on someone close to Aggieland as the top target. I can’t say who yet, but let’s just say it rhymes with  Shameyune Dreg.” 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Imagine being heartbroken that you can't get into a school with an 80% acceptance rate. 

Dunning-Kruger should successfully prevent him from making the correct interpretation of those facts. 

maybe if you rack up 75 hours at blinn they let you buy an aggie ring. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Pretty wild to realize that 20k aggy fans (seriously, look at his follower count) get their news from a high school kid not smart enough to get into the school lmao

Of course I already realize that they literally dismiss class because they believe a dog tells them to by barking.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Dunning-Kruger should successfully prevent him from making the correct interpretation of those facts. 

maybe if you rack up 75 hours at blinn they let you buy an aggie ring. 

You can go to any of the other shitty aggy system schools and get a ring.

Look at that vaunted aggy network! Whooooop(s)

Edited by MuellerHorn

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Still unsure what makes it unique. Have any of them said?  

From the inside, you can't explain it. From the outside, you can't understand it. And really, who would want to?

I mean maybe other than some Jane Goodall "Gorillas in the Mist" kind of understanding.

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

he is SUPER high on Drelon Miller compared to everyone else.

image.thumb.png.389a31703874bd37b017f6d118b29728.png

also i didn't know who Bennett Warren is/was but there is a reason for that:

image.thumb.png.b745b7a67c572310340767d3a818acb5.png

Miller is a near-lock to them, so of course they're overranking him.

We've offered Warren, he's a giant block of clay type that Flood likes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

You can go to any of the other shitty aggy system schools and get a ring.

Look at that vaunted aggy network! Whooooop(s)

The myth of the aggy network is among the most idiotic things they trumpet. Do other schools not have networks? Military academies, for example? Ivies?  UT?   

Do you really want to hire someone because of those networks? You might get a first interview because of the name on your diploma, but I hope to hell that’s because of the underlying quality of the education at the institution.  And for the vast majority of people, that is decidedly NOT aggy. 

Just like when I see some idiot wearing aggy garb advertising on TV. They’re automatically alienating 95% of their prospective customers. Why in the hell would you do that?

• Hook 'Em 3

A lot of insight from Howell and what it takes to bring in a top five class. Such as this nugget:

image.png.af400bee0db53d0cafd209f8cd313345.png

Big big big. Pool party! Huge games of national importance against Mississippi State and South Carolina! Who won't have those marked in red on their calendar?

Get it done on the field. Use their unprecedented NIL program that they didn't rush into just for the sake of headlines (tu is all about appearances,ya know!) but to make sure they got it right just like Billy told us Jimbo was doing when he was hand-selecting his first pick for OC!

Back in the top 5 in recruiting then the football polls where they became a fixture for one year! Now that's tradition. That's power moves! BIG!

And remember, Jimbo knows how to win a national championship!

'Get it done on the field. Use their unprecedented NIL program that they didn't rush into just for the sake of headlines (tu is all about appearances,ya know!) but to make sure they got it right just like Billy told us Jimbo was doing when he was hand-selecting his first pick for OC!"

I am sure recruits will relate to a 65 year old OC. 

8 hours ago, Leanderman said:

'Get it done on the field. Use their unprecedented NIL program that they didn't rush into just for the sake of headlines (tu is all about appearances,ya know!) but to make sure they got it right just like Billy told us Jimbo was doing when he was hand-selecting his first pick for OC!"

I am sure recruits will relate to a 65 year old OC. 

But they can relate to 70 year old HCs. 

(via Eddie Smith’s Facebook)

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:47 PM, nnm said:

The myth of the aggy network is among the most idiotic things they trumpet. Do other schools not have networks? Military academies, for example? Ivies?  UT?   

Do you really want to hire someone because of those networks? You might get a first interview because of the name on your diploma, but I hope to hell that’s because of the underlying quality of the education at the institution.  And for the vast majority of people, that is decidedly NOT aggy. 

Just like when I see some idiot wearing aggy garb advertising on TV. They’re automatically alienating 95% of their prospective customers. Why in the hell would you do that?

the real difference is that none of those groups, with the exception of the ivies maybe (and Harvard specifically), value where they went to school above everything else and make it a core, very very very public part of who they are. even 2%'ers i know wear their ring.

i think networking is what generally gets you in the door but so much of the A&M network thing is a wink and a nod that you aren't just getting in the door, it's that you are getting the job because of where you went to school. there are a ton of professional places that publicly pronounce they hire almost exclusively aggies. it's real weird, even by their standards.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, Getafix said:

corso not so fast not so fast gameday corso CFB GIF

Hudson Standish (Horns 247)

image.thumb.png.84aa70b9c1142d4f275b09057c618a5b.png

Texas doesn't have Miller high on their board. We can debate whether or not that's a good evaluation on their part, but I don't think it will do us much good to worry about that recruitment.

Not accusing Getafix of worrying about it, just passing this on to the board for those who do tend to handwring. 

Also, it would be interesting to hear anyone's thoughts on the evaluation. I haven't watched the guy, but if Georgia is all over him, it will be interesting to see how things work out for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas doesn't have Miller high on their board. We can debate whether or not that's a good evaluation on their part, but I don't think it will do us much good to worry about that recruitment.

Not accusing Getafix of worrying about it, just passing this on to the board for those who do tend to handwring. 

Also, it would be interesting to hear anyone's thoughts on the evaluation. I haven't watched the guy, but if Georgia is all over him, it will be interesting to see how things work out for him.

Just taking a look at his tape, he is a really good player who is versatile and has good hands with tons of strength and RAC ability. But, he doesn't seem overly fast. He doesn't put much distance between him and his pursuers on breakaways. He reminds me of Savion Red if Red was playing lower classification football. Can do everything, strong, good instincts, but he doesn't fit the prototypical Sarkisian speedy or long receiver mold. It is telling that Red was moved to RB this spring, I think if Miller is a RB candidate he becomes much more interesting. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Just taking a look at his tape, he is a really good player who is versatile and has good hands with tons of strength and RAC ability. But, he doesn't seem overly fast. He doesn't put much distance between him and his pursuers on breakaways. He reminds me of Savion Red if Red was playing lower classification football. Can do everything, strong, good instincts, but he doesn't fit the prototypical Sarkisian speedy or long receiver mold. It is telling that Red was moved to RB this spring, I think if Miller is a RB candidate he becomes much more interesting. 

Here's the link for anyone that doesn't want to scroll past the massive list of basketball highlights on his HUDL page: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jzdt9

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

i am always concerned if a guy is listed by the recruiting websites as a WR vs an Athlete. sure, maybe they will move him over but i just have a fundamental issue trusting guys to become WRs if they don't get flipped over.

ATHs from this last cycle were guys like Nyckoles Harbor, Jelani McDonald, Dalton Brooks (lol), Mikal Harrison-Pilot. i think most of those guys make sense in that role.

other guys listed as athletes whose names i recognize from the last few years: Billy Bowman, JTS, Darnell Washington, Joey Gatewood (lol), Jaquayln Crawford

most of those guys are freak athletes (Harbor/Washington/JTS) or players who should probably not be offensive players (including Joey Gatewood). Crawford is up to 3 career catches across 3 career seasons (all at Arkansas last year), Kendrick Law had 8 catches last year for Bama and is mostly playing ST and WR. did Bowman ever even have 1 career catch at OU or is he mostly just playing DB like I remember.

the guy may be a star at WR, or i may be jaded based on ATHs recruited to Texas but if you don't clearly project to be a WR then i feel like you pretty rarely are one or are pretty rarely going to just turn into one?

miller has reported visiting A&M six times, going back to junior day. if you can't land a dude who has taken SIX visits to you before the summer before his senior year, you don't want that guy.

well, i wrote all of this and it turns out that on3 shows dudes as what they specifically rank them. Miller is listed as a WR at 247, ESPN and Rivals but an ATH at on3.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

FpL47kFWAAgfBB-?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow....it has sent ripples across the college world....I'm still waiting for that ripple.

...Did you feel that? I felt something. It might be gas, but it was a low, deep type of rumbl... nope. It was just gas.

Still, I bet the ripple is coming though. Any minute... wait, I don't exactly feel it, but I hear something. It sounds like clicking or maybe a metallic sound of something moving across metal. Almost as if it's some sort of track system, like a rollercoaster car traveling up the first hill, maybe? Yeah, that's it. It's a rollercoaster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i am always concerned if a guy is listed by the recruiting websites as a WR vs an Athlete. sure, maybe they will move him over but i just have a fundamental issue trusting guys to become WRs if they don't get flipped over.

ATHs from this last cycle were guys like Nyckoles Harbor, Jelani McDonald, Dalton Brooks (lol), Mikal Harrison-Pilot. i think most of those guys make sense in that role.

other guys listed as athletes whose names i recognize from the last few years: Billy Bowman, JTS, Darnell Washington, Joey Gatewood (lol), Jaquayln Crawford

most of those guys are freak athletes (Harbor/Washington/JTS) or players who should probably not be offensive players (including Joey Gatewood). Crawford is up to 3 career catches across 3 career seasons (all at Arkansas last year), Kendrick Law had 8 catches last year for Bama and is mostly playing ST and WR. did Bowman ever even have 1 career catch at OU or is he mostly just playing DB like I remember.

the guy may be a star at WR, or i may be jaded based on ATHs recruited to Texas but if you don't clearly project to be a WR then i feel like you pretty rarely are one or are pretty rarely going to just turn into one?

miller has reported visiting A&M six times, going back to junior day. if you can't land a dude who has taken SIX visits to you before the summer before his senior year, you don't want that guy.

well, i wrote all of this and it turns out that on3 shows dudes as what they specifically rank them. Miller is listed as a WR at 247, ESPN and Rivals but an ATH at on3.

I think these are sound thoughts. To add to your concerns about ATH for a WR, Modden had a terrible JR season with a ton of drops. He's looking more and more like a CB. It's not going to surprise me if he's not a part of the Texas 2024 class. Marion was all about him, but not sure if that holds true with Jackson running the WR room now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think these are sound thoughts. To add to your concerns about ATH for a WR, Modden had a terrible JR season with a ton of drops. He's looking more and more like a CB. It's not going to surprise me if he's not a part of the Texas 2024 class. Marion was all about him, but not sure if that holds true with Jackson running the WR room now.

i didn't realize he was an ATH until i did that post. Aeryn Hampton is too.

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

A name that I am already exhausted by. Placing the number of decommitments from him the rest of the cycle at 3.5 and I will heavily buy the over

i can't believe he hasn't already committed somewhere. guessing he wants Bama but they won't take it right now