Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

On 1/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

- Horrific whiffs at QB until they find a hand picked Patrino diamond in the rough. “Let Bobby Ride” or some stupid bullshit when he their new Trust in Jimbo.

Just occurred to me that this is really going to be the 'Jimbo and Bobby' show.      

The quintessence of aggy. 

15 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Back? They have never been where they want to be OR where they think they have been. Unless he is referring to a fairly consistent 8 win aggy nirvana.

Maybe he's referring to their last "natty." You know, the one that happened four years before helmets were mandatory. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

image.png.f44b13c514f149aa508f3d910a4ab403.png

quick reminder on Marquel Blackwell's coaching history:

High school coach, then analyst/assistant at USF, then Western Kentucky, then Toledo, then hired at WVU under Holgo. Follows him to U of H where he gets bumped up to Co OC and QB coach. Then after the 2019 season, he got demoated to RB coach and spend 2 years there as that, then 1 year at Ole Miss and now at A&M.

good for him, and he's probably a good hire - but let's not act like he has some long history of calling plays (only at high school level AFAIK), designing a collegiate offense or player development.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, NoName said:

High school coach, then analyst/assistant at USF, then Western Kentucky, then Toledo, then hired at WVU under Holgo. Follows him to U of H where he gets bumped up to Co OC and QB coach. Then after the 2019 season, he got demoated to RB coach and spend 2 years there as that, then 1 year at Ole Miss and now at A&M.

good for him, and he's probably a good hire - but let's not act like he has some long history of calling plays (only at high school level AFAIK), designing a collegiate offense or player development.

YARN | - Let's throw him over the moat. - All right. | Goodfellas (1990) |  Video clips by quotes | 03bf12d7 | 紗

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, NoName said:

Billy got the inside dope. Maybe you missed it.

image.png.d157afab862547ddc52793e34636b247.png

He's got the savvy. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch notes on their new 12th Man + Fund

FpBrJ3QX0AEcAEv?format=jpg&name=mediumFpBrKdaWAA88-5-?format=jpg&name=medium

That is…amazing. 

he’s sort of right. We aren’t situated for that type of thing. We created that type of thing out of thin air over a fucking year ago, we’re situated for much more now. 

if anything his stupid announcement can be used as a club to help beat our alums to show up, and to get the point system finalized. 

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Isnt the 12 man Association directly affiliated with the University? I dont know the rules of NIL, but that seems  sketchy to me. 

I believe it says in there that it is not affiliated directly with the university. That's why it's called "12th man+." Different company, different mission, but they get points. Arms length distance. The 12th man just won't sue them for using the name. At least, that is how I'd do it...

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Isnt the 12 man Association directly affiliated with the University? I dont know the rules of NIL, but that seems  sketchy to me. 

Yeah, I mentioned it in the screenshot thread but I'm fairly certain the 12th Man Foundation is their version of Longhorn Foundation. I'm curious how they're able to use those NIL donations to their point system that is tied into tickets and etc. Weren't we having issues finding a way to make that through compliance or making it compliant in tying to the LHF?

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/membership-giving/priority-points/index.html

Edited by BurntOrange&White

It's actually named 12th Man + Fund not Foundation. It's stand alone. The remark about that school in Austin again shows how little they know about or understand NIL.

Also, where do they get that they're top 5 in NIL? They may be, but I thought there were no facts to back that up.

Lastly, they were so wrongly proud of leading the way in this new era of NIL when they signed their megaclass. I'm reminded of joke from the 90s.

Windows 95 was launched with great fanfare. A friend quipped, "Also known as MacIntosh 84."

Edited by RomaVicta
Evidently had a mini-stroke while composing.
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah, I mentioned it in the screenshot thread but I'm fairly certain the 12th Man Foundation is their version of Longhorn Foundation. I'm curious how they're able to use those NIL donations to their point system that is tied into tickets and etc. Weren't we having issues finding a way to make that through compliance or making it compliant in tying to the LHF?

https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/membership-giving/priority-points/index.html

The only thing different between Texas One Fund and that plagiarized garbage is that they offer points where we are still working that through the LHF

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The only thing different between Texas One Fund and that plagiarized garbage is that they offer points where we are still working that through the LHF

What seems to be the hold up on that end if you don't mind me asking?  And yeah it 100% sounds like everything we are doing except for that last little hiccup.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What seems to be the hold up on that end if you don't mind me asking?  And yeah it 100% sounds like everything we are doing except for that last little hiccup.

Separation between school and collective. 12th man foundation isnt tied to the school directly like LHF

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

2) Timing. I can speak from personal experience that once you have the foundation in place, educating small/medium/large donors about how all this works is a FUCKING TIME CONSUMING KICK TO THE FUCKING BALLS. That means their donor awareness is likely...2 years behind our donor awareness.

You used an word I find kind of funny "educating," in the scheme of their donor base. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gotta do the old work around small towns do for fair when selling beer. Sell a "token" for <cost here> and then exchange said token for beer(points)

It's going to inevitably get done. But it's Texas, they're going to run it through the toughest compliance department in the NCAA, and it's going to be bulletproof when it's all said and done. Meanwhile, Texags is literally an arm of the athletic dept at A&M. They don't care about rules or separation or pretty much anything the way Texas does. But you knew this already. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Can people donate their money to a specific sport through Texas One? If not, I'm guessing that's what ol' chin pubes might be crowing about. The entirety of their efforts are dedicated to football, whereas the Texas One fund seems to be focused on establishing, and continually raising, a floor for all scholarship athletes. 

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Can people donate their money to a specific sport through Texas One? If not, I'm guessing that's what ol' chin pubes might be crowing about. The entirety of their efforts are dedicated to football, whereas the Texas One fund seems to be focused on establishing, and continually raising, a floor for all scholarship athletes. 

Yes. You can pick the sport in Texas One Fund. I encourage you and everyone else to see for yourself.

https://texasonefund.kindful.com/

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Thank you for only suggesting that I'm lazy rather than specifically insulting my laziness. 

If, IF, I were going to pick nits, I'd simply say that your behavior in not seeking out an answer yourself suggested possible laziness.

However, I like to think I am simply taking every possible opportunity to provide a OneFund link and let people who may have missed opportunities in the past to check out how donating works, and what sports are available, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2