Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Another thing I don't understand about aggy is why Moose Muhammad is not playing more. If he jumps in the portal, we should be all over that. He would kill it with Sark. 

12 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

Anything come out about Muhammad and Stewart fighting at practice? Maybe Muhammad is in the doghouse 

Cross-posting since you guys asked (posted this on the screenshot thread earlier today).

Snarky Tarp can be pretty good.

(From an Aggie 247 thread on Moose Muhammad's (lack of) playing time.

image.thumb.png.2d18b722e711fd53de08ce05d6a9542e.png

image.thumb.png.3132027aa5ebabc520ce44f935b529af.png

11 minutes ago, IBuryPaul said:

Not really apples to apples when comparing juniors and seniors to a true freshman and sophomore. I'm pretty sure Nolan and Hicks have a standing welcome mat to portal over.

If you’re only looking at talent alone, then sure. But in reality, I doubt it. Nolan and Hicks will be looking for a shitload of money, and they haven’t come close to proving they’re worth it. The money is likely to be spent better elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I say a lot of stuff. You're going to have to remind of whatever I said about Broughton so that I can keep track.

Sarkisian and Co. are extremely focused on culture-building. There is a widely held view internally, which I think many of us share and the media frequently and ignorantly sort of vaguely blathers about, that the program was a victim of long term culture rot, started during the Mack Brown era. 

Accordingly, they are very thorough in how they go about putting together a viable list of targets that might visit the portal. They do it down to the point that there are other programs in which they might not consider any transfer from because of the perceived internal issues for it. 

I assume that Texas would be highly skeptical of any transfer coming out of ATM at this point. Maybe Bryce Anderson or a freshman. I doubt they would have one iota of interest in guys like Nolan. Anyone just transferring for their next payday while they smoke weed in their apartment and skip school would not be a consideration. 

What's the explanation for Hall and Billingsley? That they had prior relationships with them so they felt they could handle them?

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Brauny

F51y9i_XcAANX4i?format=webp&name=mediumF51y9wmW0AAMAYI?format=webp&name=medium

He can’t help himself. “If ATM wins …”

ATM is not an “it” school. They’ve had a pitch this cycle of money, playing time, and a resurgence. Ironically, they’ve done a good job of leaning into the “we’re not a flash program. we’re a wholesome, quality school in a peaceful part of this crazy world” part of their pitch for recruits for whom that would appeal. 

That all sits on a knife’s edge, given how down the media is on them, how unhealthy their team culture is, and how shitty they look on the field. I think they’re staring down the barrel of another 5-7 and the whole class could fall apart with that kind of record. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

What's the explanation for Hall and Billingsley? That they had prior relationships with them so they felt they could handle them?

Yeah, I think so. I think there’s some notion that they’d have a better chance “helping” those guys now, as well. “Too early”.  

Whatever was going on with Savion Red this off-season was supposedly giving off the same vibe and they were able to better manage that. 

My personal view is that Hall isn’t fixable. Sort of like Robert Timmons, back in the day. The all world talent causes coaches to convince themselves that they can help the guy, but he has no interest in being helped. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

I imagine that timing in the program plays a role in that as well.  Texas was likely more willing to take a chance last year and especially a couple of years ago then they are now that this thing seems to be rolling and there is less desperation.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I think so. I think there’s some notion that they’d have a better chance “helping” those guys now, as well. “Too early”.  

Whatever was going on with Savion Red this off-season was supposedly giving off the same vibe and they were able to better manage that. 

My personal view is that Hall isn’t fixable. Sort of like Robert Timmons, back in the day. The all world talent causes coaches to convince themselves that they can help the guy, but he has no interest in being helped. 

I noticed in Sark's presser (maybe this was discussed on the football board), that he went out of his way to praise Savion Red and his work on the scout team the past week while he played the role of Jalen Milroe.

It reminded of your mention during spring practice about how the coaching staff loves to make public statements that are in actuality a message sent to players or the team as a whole. This smelled like that to me, and it proves how savvy Sark is in the psychological part of coaching and motivating players.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I imagine that timing in the program plays a role in that as well.  Texas was likely more willing to take a chance last year and especially a couple of years ago then they are now that this thing seems to be rolling and there is less desperation.

When you're having to choose between guys like Agiye/Billingsley versus the guys from the A&M WR haul (a backup from Grand Valley State and a UTEP receiver that spurned A&M and went back to UTEP) , you grab the talented headcases. 

But, now that we seem to have a fully stocked WR room and some cachet, we can be more selective.

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I noticed in Sark's presser (maybe this was discussed on the football board), that he went out of his way to praise Savion Red and his work on the scout team the past week while he played the role of Jalen Milroe.

It reminded of your mention during spring practice about how the coaching staff loves to make public statements that are in actuality a message sent to players or the team as a whole. This smelled like that to me, and it proves how savvy Sark is in the psychological part of coaching and motivating players.

Contrast this with Jimbo referring to players by their jersey number during Saturday’s post game presser. 

Loochador pod isn't worth your time. Billy spends an hour trying to convince himself the offense can carry the defense and salvage a good season. Shocker, he gets there. 

Speak for yourself… At about 20:40, Billy invites his haters “hiding behind pseudonyms” on Twitter to bring their ass into the Texags studio to debate him lol.
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I say a lot of stuff. You're going to have to remind of whatever I said about Broughton so that I can keep track.

Sarkisian and Co. are extremely focused on culture-building. There is a widely held view internally, which I think many of us share and the media frequently and ignorantly sort of vaguely blathers about, that the program was a victim of long term culture rot, started during the Mack Brown era. 

Accordingly, they are very thorough in how they go about putting together a viable list of targets that might visit the portal. They do it down to the point that there are other programs in which they might not consider any transfer from because of the perceived internal issues for it. 

I assume that Texas would be highly skeptical of any transfer coming out of ATM at this point. Maybe Bryce Anderson or a freshman. I doubt they would have one iota of interest in guys like Nolan. Anyone just transferring for their next payday while they smoke weed in their apartment and skip school would not be a consideration. 

1.  You still owe a lot of folks on Surly a foot race, sir.

2. Pretty sure 95% of them still do this on a near daily basis, which is why you'll probably still win a lot of them.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Owens has to get the ball on the perimeter to make plays, running him behind their OL is a recipe for disaster.

Their offensive line is as bad as everyone expected. 

They averaged 3 yards a carry from their RBs and that was against a Miami DL missing 3 starters in the 2nd half. The aggy OL can't block in the run game or pass pro. The only reason this wasn't a 25 point Miami win is because aggy was able to pass the ball in the 2nd half due to less pressure which was simply because Miami's DL was missing 3 starters. 

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their offensive line is as bad as everyone expected. 

They averaged 3 yards a carry from their RBs and that was against a Miami DL missing 3 starters in the 2nd half. The aggy OL can't block in the run game or pass pro. The only reason this wasn't a 25 point Miami win is because aggy was able to pass the ball in the 2nd half due to less pressure which was simply because Miami's DL was missing 3 starters. 

Miami also spotted them 14 points on STs blunders in the 1st half.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Speaking of Anderson, I don't recall seeing him really at all against Miami.

I forgot that Anderson fucked over the Texas staff last winter. Reached out and asked if he could transfer, got confirmation, said he'd be there and then got moneywhipped and guilted by ATM. Texas eventually sorted its needs anyway, but it pissed them off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1