Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

I'm really looking forward to an Aggie coaching search. The hiring of Jimbo was pretty well executed, but that was because he was a "great" candidate for everyone to get behind. Also, quietly snagging big name guys is kind of Scott Woodward's thing. Bjork? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Paying him to go away plus finding a good replacement is going to be expensive and complicated. I look forward to a drawn out process with no "sure thing" options. I'm sure their boosters, admin, and fans will handle it well.

2 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I'm really looking forward to an Aggie coaching search. The hiring of Jimbo was pretty well executed, but that was because he was a "great" candidate for everyone to get behind. Also, quietly snagging big name guys is kind of Scott Woodward's thing. Bjork? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Paying him to go away plus finding a good replacement is going to be expensive and complicated. I look forward to a drawn out process with no "sure thing" options. I'm sure their boosters, admin, and fans will handle it well.

It would be a shame if there were fractures in the donors and they take their ball and go home when their guy doesn't get hired.

The funny thing is Tennessee is not that good. Their wins are Virginia, Austin Peay, UTSA, South Carolina, and A&M. With a bad loss to Florida. They've beaten nobody worth a shit all year. 

This game tells me a lot about where aggy is. Tennessee has zero ability to throw the ball on offense without Bru McCoy and a banged-up OL. This game was right there for the taking with a one-dimensional offense that can't attack aggys weakness (I.e. secondary) but somehow they couldn't find a way to win. 

Miami and Tennessee aren't great teams. I think Tennessee is a fringe top-25 team and Miami shouldn't even sniff the top 25. It would be one thing if aggy was losing to great teams but they simply aren't. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

I don't understand how aggys can possibly think this team is progressing. 

1) They need a completely rebuilt OL. I don't think it's just a coaching problem. They have very little talent on the OL. Foster and Bisontis look like they should be playing at Blinn College. 

2) Their secondary is awful and even worse than they look because they haven't played many great passing offenses. Is Alabama the 2nd best passing offense they've faced? When they lose Demani Richardson after this year, I don't see anything special at all. 

3) When they lose Edgerin Cooper at LB they are going to be so thin and terrible at LB. 

4) It doesn't look like they have anything like an Achane at RB who was making up for a lot of problems on offense. Moss and Owens are decent players but I don't see a game changer at all. 

5) Weigman can't stay healthy and Johnson is who he is at QB. Just meh.

They have some talent and players at WR and DL but damn they have a ton of issues for year 6 of Jimbo. This isn't something you fix with 1 more offseason or recruiting class. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

If Tennessee didn't have one of the worst QBs I have ever seen, they could have won today by about 30.

It was a comedy of errors for the Tennessee offense. From penalties to bad QB play. 

I think they had like 8 or 9 possessions inside of A&M's territory and only scored 13 offensive points. I don't even know how that's possible. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So is aggy going to spend itself into some kind of NCAA salary cap? Will they eventually have to be acquired by a vulture fund? They have be outpaying considerably to get people to play there, and they have 8 figures in coaching salaries to cover. Something has to give. 

Wtf with that avatar. I’m traumatized… 

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I had to go back and look at some of Bruhman's old posts and it didn't disappoint. There is some absolute gold. I'll find more later.

The best part of those posts is most of them were when he was still pretending to be a Texas fan to post here. Referring to aTm as “them” while shitting on “us.” Eventually he abandoned that concept, not long before he abandoned this board when it became obvious Jimbo was the shitty coach we all knew him to be. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Somebody could put together a funny highlight reel of Foster from the Tennessee game. About 10 terrible snaps, tripping his QB on 4th and 1, constantly getting bull rushed, and so on. 

That was just embarrassing yesterday.  

Foster's mom is the cunt who post on TexAgs and made him go there for internet clout, right?

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Foster's mom is the cunt who post on TexAgs and made him go there for internet clout, right?

I find that word very offensive.  You could have chosen a much more suitable replacement.

TexumAgs is my suggestion. Loochi's losers would also be acceptable

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So is aggy going to spend itself into some kind of NCAA salary cap? Will they eventually have to be acquired by a vulture fund? They have be outpaying considerably to get people to play there, and they have 8 figures in coaching salaries to cover. Something has to give. 

Yeah, I don't see how this can continue.  I know they have some big boosters but surely the same guys funding player payroll would have to fund the buyout.  Are these guys sick of throwing good money after bad on the players?  Is there really enough money to buy out Jimbo and staff, pay a buyout for a new coach then fund a new crop of players?  I get Texas coming to the SEC and the fear that brings is a good way to bring the $$ to the table but at some point the math just doesn't work.   And I'm pretty sure the AD itself has a ton of future SEC income already committed to payments on all the facilities from the past decade.   Would love to read anyone that has insight into actual A&M finances explain how this math problem can be solved.  

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, I don't see how this can continue.  I know they have some big boosters but surely the same guys funding player payroll would have to fund the buyout.  Are these guys sick of throwing good money after bad on the players?  Is there really enough money to buy out Jimbo and staff, pay a buyout for a new coach then fund a new crop of players?  I get Texas coming to the SEC and the fear that brings is a good way to bring the $$ to the table but at some point the math just doesn't work.   And I'm pretty sure the AD itself has a ton of future SEC income already committed to payments on all the facilities from the past decade.   Would love to read anyone that has insight into actual A&M finances explain how this math problem can be solved.  

I’ve theorized they have a handful of people extremely wealthy boosters that a) don’t have children b) hate their kids or c) want their kids to make their own money. You can’t take it with you when you die, and when you’re faced with giving money to the IRS or your alma mater, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ve theorized they have a handful of people extremely wealthy boosters that a) don’t have children b) hate their kids or c) want their kids to make their own money. You can’t take it with you when you die, and when you’re faced with giving money to the IRS or your alma mater, that’s a pretty easy decision. 

At some point no matter how rich you are, pissing away $$ for the same results year after year has to take it's toll one would think.  This season is already a lost cause from their perspective.  And it would be a minor miracle for Johnson to stay healthy the rest of the way through with that OL.  If they get blown out by Lane Kiffin, which is a distinct possibility given matchup problems they will have in that game, these theories may get tested.

• Drool 1

I'll add, to the extent player buy-in was an issue as we've speculated, I can't imagine anything worse than a HC that has kneeled out the clock with all TO's in his pocket in back to back games to close out the half (and then losing close) in modern college football.   Who in the world would want to play for that guy.  

• Like 1

A philosophy of “the more plays that get run, the more likely we are to lose” is the opposite of what college and college even nfl football is going to. All levels of football really. I can’t imagine any coach or player really wants to volunteer to be part of that, but there are some persuasive levers that aggy has hands on.  Money for the players and desperation for the coaches.