Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

8 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

We did that with Herman and everyone complained that we didn't do a national search....

That’s because we got Tom Herman. Do you think anyone would have complained if the lack of national search landed us Nick Saban?

Actually, some would have complained, carry on.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Just spitballing but I wonder if this will have an impact on aggy being put into a bidding war for their 1st5th, 15th choice. Trayler/Elko cant use the Arkansas job as a bidder.

They would have fired Pittman if Traylor wanted the job, but he has better options and Arkansas doesn't.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

My commentary in []

Bjork is going to hire a sitting head coach. [Georgia DC declined.]

Looch started off talking about the obvious candidates of Elko, Traylor, Leipold.

He then threw out Jonathan Smith and Jedd Fisch as western candidates with no ties. [Those are a smokescreen that will never happen.]

He throws out Matt Rhule. [Huge buyout, never gonna happen.]

He said there could a surprise big name that SHOCKS college football. He said it would be a coach frustrated with where they're at and don't feel appreciated. Mack told Dabo that he should've left Texas sooner because the fans didn't appreciate him.

Name drops Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley, and DeBoer. [LOL]

[Billy keeps throwing out Dabo even though nobody else is talking about him. He is a big name, doesn't feel appreciated, doesn't have resources with the bad ACC TV contract, and is the only reasonable big name that could've reached out seeking a retirement plan. I'm shocked. I'm not pissed. It's Dabo Swinney.]

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Vermin said:

My commentary in []

Looch started off talking about the obvious candidates of Elko, Traylor, Leipold.

He then threw out Jonathan Smith and Jedd Fisch as western candidates with no ties. [Those are a smokescreen that will never happen.]

He said there could a surprise big name that SHOCKS college football. He said it would be a coach frustrated with where they're at and don't feel appreciated. Mack told Dabo that he should've left Texas sooner because the fans didn't appreciate him.

[Billy keeps throwing out Dabo even though nobody else is talking about him. He is a big name, doesn't feel appreciated, doesn't have resources with the bad ACC TV contract, and is the only reasonable big name that could've reached out seeking a retirement plan. I'm shocked. I'm not pissed. It's Dabo Swinney.]

The shot at Texas fans in the middle of an aggy coaching search podcast is classic Looch.

Yeah, it’s gotta be Dabo. These regards will never learn. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Vermin said:

My commentary in []

Lol.   Billy has to be the luckiest SOB in Collie Station.    He spews speculative non sense and propaganda in almost every sentence and gets paid big bucks for doing it.   And the aggys just slurp it up.  

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney agreed to a new 10-year, $115 million contract Thursday, the largest college football coaching contract by total compensation.

The new, enhanced contract runs through the 2031 football season and averages $11.5 million over 10 years. In 2022, Swinney is set to earn $10.5 million, just behind Alabama coach Nick Saban, who recently got a raise and extension that will pay him $10.7 million this season.

[...]

According to the term sheet, if Swinney leaves to become Alabama head coach in 2022, he would owe a $9 million buyout; that number is $6 million in 2022 if he leaves for another college team. He would owe nothing if he leaves for an NFL head-coaching job. The buyout number decreases every year of the deal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34548897/clemson-tigers-head-football-coach-dabo-swinney-agrees-new-10-year-115-million-contract

Dabo has a huge contract but a minuscule buyout to bolt to another team. Weird. So it definitely is possible.

• Haha 1

Re: Dabo - 

- Just last year, Dabo signed a 10 year $115MM contract, that runs through the 2031 season.  That was only exceeded by Saban's yearly average of $11.7MM per year.  (At least at that time.)

- I cannot imagine Aggie can pay that kind of money, let alone give him a material raise.  But hey, with these guys, who knows ... 

- With his multiple titles and title games, I think Dabo is uber secure at Clemson, for a few years, at a minimum.

- Even if "Tyler from wherever" was enough to get under his diaphanous epidermis, would he really be better off at A&M and in the SEC?  A one-year honeymoon - at the most - and then with that roster the Agroids will expect "nattys."

I don't see why Dabo would move.  

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I will giggle my motherfucking ass off if they hire Dabo. 

Me too. 

But hey, Dabo could funnel a shit ton of money through churches in CS. He may actually build another recruiting juggernaut there. 

Then again, he still doesn’t seem to understand NIL at all, so I’m not worried. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Just last year, Dabo signed a 10 year $115MM contract, that runs through the 2031 season.  That was only exceeded by Saban's yearly average of $11.7MM per year.  (At least at that time.)

- I cannot imagine Aggie can pay that kind of money, let alone give him a material raise.  But hey, with these guys, who knows ... 

- With his multiple titles and title games, I think Dabo is uber secure at Clemson, for a few years, at a minimum.

- Even if "Tyler from wherever" was enough to get under his diaphanous epidermis, would he really be better off at A&M and in the SEC?  A one-year honeymoon - at the most - and then with that roster the Agroids will expect "nattys."

I don't see why Dabo would move.  

The Tyler from Spartanburg call feels like Dabo planted it.

- The call came just after Clemson’s 4th loss.

- Dabo’s response is measured and well prepared.

- Dabo of course used it for motivation and Clemson curb stomped their next opponent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- Dabo of course used it for motivation and Clemson curb stomped their next opponent. 

https://www.foxcarolina.com/video/2023/11/11/breaking-down-idea-that-tyler-spartanburg-was-plant/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It did seem rather orchestrated. Like how does that dude even get through the screener? That said if it was legit, I’m a fan of Tyler from Spartanburg, and if aggy hires him I may change my handle in his honor. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The Aggies would be able to cover themselves in glory at being able to say that they're rich as shit and once again will prove how much sitting national champion coaches crave the job based on how much the Aggies have to pay them to come to College Station.