Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Don’t like the rumor of Lincoln to Aggie. While he’s proven to be an idiot on defense, he would get the best QB’s and skills players, and if he lucked into a decent DC, that could be a problem. 

He's also set fire to two blue blood programs in a three year span. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Don’t like the rumor of Lincoln to Aggie. While he’s proven to be an idiot on defense, he would get the best QB’s and skills players, and if he lucked into a decent DC, that could be a problem. 

It would be awesome for nothing more than the outrage it would cause among OU fans to see their coach bolt only to wind up at Texas fucking-A&M two years later.

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He ran from OU because he’s scared of the SEC. aggy is worse than OU.

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It would be awesome for nothing more than the outrage it would cause among OU fans to see their coach bolt only to wind up at Texas fucking-A&M two years later.

I'd love to see that hate flow though , not gonna lie this would be A&M cutting off their nose to spite their face

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The bigger problem here is that ATM cannot handle being an 8-5/9-4 program, even though that is high performance for them, historically. No, instead, they don't just want a national title contending coach - they want a coach doing that year in and year out, and they want all of that right now. Texas A&M is the Veruca Salt of college football. They lack any self-awareness and they are entitled, rich, impatient, myopic, and dumber than a sack of rocks. They've never won a fucking thing, they are as average as unbuttered grits, and they're trapped in a triangle of college blue bloods (Texas, OU) and recent multi-decadal powers (LSU). It's wonderful to witness their complete obliviousness to their predicament and willingness to pull the bookshelf on themselves repeatedly as a result.

give them credit where credit is due...

they won a national championship in 1939!

that's the same year WWII started, HP was founded, John Ford's Stagecoach was released, the first ever NCAA Basketball Tournament was held, Batman made his first ever appearance, Superman debuted, the last public guillotining happened, Marvel Comics was founded, the Wizard of Oz premiered and Enzo Ferrari founded the company that became Ferrari. Lake Austin was formed in 1939.

it's been about 30,861 days since 11/20/1939

30,861 days before 11/30/1939 was 11/20/1855. how long ago was that? in 1855 Samuel Colt incorporated his business. in 1855 Ottowa, Ontario was incorporated as a city. The Daily Telegraph began publication. Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass was published. the Singer Sewing Machine Motor is patented. the Australian Colonies were granted self-governing status. the first bridge over the Mississippi River is completed. in 1855 the "Know Nothings" (who thought the Catholics were hatching a plan to subvert religious liberty in the United States) had a candidate win 40% of the vote.

it was a LONG time ago. the Baby Boomers weren't even born the last time they did shit. most of the Silent Generation wasn't born yet.

so yeah, they won something but they last won anything that matters around the time that fucking Superman was invented.

no group on the planet has ever had higher expectations, which haven't been met in FIVE GENERATIONS, than the A&M fanbase and leadership

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

give them credit where credit is due...

they won a national championship in 1939!

that's the same year WWII started, HP was founded, John Ford's Stagecoach was released, the first ever NCAA Basketball Tournament was held, Batman made his first ever appearance, Superman debuted, the last public guillotining happened, Marvel Comics was founded, the Wizard of Oz premiered and Enzo Ferrari founded the company that became Ferrari. Lake Austin was formed in 1939.

it's been about 30,861 days since 11/20/1939

30,861 days before 11/30/1939 was 11/20/1855. how long ago was that? in 1855 Samuel Colt incorporated his business. in 1855 Ottowa, Ontario was incorporated as a city. The Daily Telegraph began publication. Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass was published. the Singer Sewing Machine Motor is patented. the Australian Colonies were granted self-governing status. the first bridge over the Mississippi River is completed. in 1855 the "Know Nothings" (who thought the Catholics were hatching a plan to subvert religious liberty in the United States) had a candidate win 40% of the vote.

it was a LONG time ago. the Baby Boomers weren't even born the last time they did shit. most of the Silent Generation wasn't born yet.

so yeah, they won something but they last won anything that matters around the time that fucking Superman was invented.

no group on the planet has ever had higher expectations, which haven't been met in FIVE GENERATIONS, than the A&M fanbase and leadership

"Should I really say 'never won anything' since they won a title 84 years ago? Even the most autistic of the usual fuckheads will understand what I mean and go with it, right? Yeah, use the artistic license and bet against pedantry."

And then pedantry wins. People like to say that pussy is undefeated, and I have a hard time countering that. Nonetheless, a cage match between Surly pedantry and pussy might go more rounds than any of the non-pedants think.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It doesn’t matter what DC Lincoln has, he simply doesn’t care about defense and isn’t going to structure his program to develop a tough complimentary football program.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lincoln Riley is an offensive coordinator.  I don't think any school he is the head coach of will have an acceptable defense.  He fundamentally doesn't understand how to build a team that has a good one.  If he doesn't understand that you have to have a good defense to win at the highest levels by now, he's never going to get it.

Edited by kevwun

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He left Norman in large part so his family could live in Southern California. You really think he uproots them for College Station?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"Should I really say 'never won anything' since they won a title 84 years ago? Even the most autistic of the usual fuckheads will understand what I mean and go with it, right? Yeah, use the artistic license and bet against pedantry."

And then pedantry wins. People like to say that pussy is undefeated, and I have a hard time countering that. Nonetheless, a cage match between Surly pedantry and pussy might go more rounds than any of the non-pedants think.

obviously i got what you were saying.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

i was taking the opportunity to shit on Texas A&M, making fun of them for not winning in basically forever.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

Out West could mean Deboer, Jonathan Smith, Fisch, or I guess Lincoln.

Deboer leaving still doesn't make sense on the surface but who knows.

Smith is in an interesting spot. OSU is his alma mater but they're getting left behind in the conference stuff. He's also born in Pasadena, CA and UCLA is supposedly opening up. Tough choice if he has to make one.

Fisch would probably jump if offered.

Lincoln is supposedly making $11mm/year at USC over 10 years (no idea how much guaranteed). Even if you take off 10% for state taxes, that's a major contract for ATM. I don't see it.

Not "Out West" but Rhule has a 8 year $9mm/year, 90% guaranteed contract, plus incentives. Recruiting to Nebraska must be impossible so maybe he'd consider leaving, but seems unlikely imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If true, this would suggest Riley is not planning on leaving right now:

after all the Scalley and Texas talk and his history (there is some real very real racial shit there it sounds like) - my guess he has been told he's the guy at Utah, they are paying him appropriately and he will take over when Whittingham rides off into the sunset. dude played at Utah, started working there in 06, became  GA in 07 and has been on staff since 08.

in what's pretty incredible, Utah has had 3 total coaches since 90. Ron McBride from 90-02, Meyer from 03-04, Whittingham since 05.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Out West could mean Deboer, Jonathan Smith, Fisch, or I guess Lincoln.

Deboer leaving still doesn't make sense on the surface but who knows.

Smith is in an interesting spot. OSU is his alma mater but they're getting left behind in the conference stuff. He's also born in Pasadena, CA and UCLA is supposedly opening up. Tough choice if he has to make one.

Fisch would probably jump if offered.

Lincoln is supposedly making $11mm/year at USC over 10 years (no idea how much guaranteed). Even if you take off 10% for state taxes, that's a major contract for ATM. I don't see it.

Not "Out West" but Rhule has a 8 year $9mm/year, 90% guaranteed contract, plus incentives. Recruiting to Nebraska must be impossible so maybe he'd consider leaving, but seems unlikely imo.

"Out west" means that Liucci is a monkey throwing his own poo at the wall and seeing what sticks. There is nothing to interpret from his comments. When he has an actual clue what they're going to do, and he'll get it from the money involved, we will all know very quickly. He's making things up out of whole cloth right now. 

Of course, that all said, one thing that amazes me about the ATM job opening so far is that no one has mentioned Seven Loss Steve as a candidate. I've been waiting for that kind of nonsensical self-own the entire time and have been disappointed in a lack of creativity on the part of numbnuts to put that out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't want to turn this into a movie thread, but...

I think most director's cuts are bloated and narcissistic. Apocalypse Redux is a prime example. There is a cult of the director among movie mavens. If only the artist could be unbridled. Bridles are often good. Everybody hates it, but movies must be collaborative efforts.

Kind of like a football program where all must come together to recruit, train, practice, and play! It applies. It really does. Really.

What if it’s a bunch of extra nudity that got slashed to preserve the R rating? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Lincoln rumor came from Gerry, right? What’s Lincoln’s intention here? It would be ballsy AF to ask for a raise. 

Wild guess:  doesn't want to be at USC anymore but doesn't want to give up $100 million either.  Taking a stab at seeing if Aggie will pay.  

22 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

None of that matters.  It's too perfect of a hire.  The only thing that matters is what is the total cost of the buyout for Dabo.   

Its the same fucking playbook as the Fisher hire.  Why would they not do it?

Everything about ATM is just a giant, endless tape loop.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He's allegedly super pissed the powers to be made him can Grinch.

I have long thought that Riley's first SC staff was more about controlling exposure to the skeletons in the closet than winning football games. For example, why are Zach and Annie Hanson in LA? How about Clarke Stroud? Wiley has been awful, why is he still there? He's not mad Grinch got fired, he's mad that he's losing control. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

None of that matters.  It's too perfect of a hire.  The only thing that matters is what is the total cost of the buyout for Dabo.   

Its the same fucking playbook as the Fisher hire.  Why would they not do it?

Well, they damned sure any smarter(or wiser) than they were 6 years ago.

$200,000,000 anyone?

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

lol

So then its not going to be Lincoln Riley, or DeBoer, or Lanning, or even Jonathan Smith, and probably not even Mike Elko.  This sounds like a G5 type of contract.  Not G5, but Jedd Fisch is making less than 3 million a year as Arizona's coach - so maybe he's still a candidate with Jeff Traylor.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So then its not going to be Lincoln Riley, or DeBoer, or Lanning, or even Jonathan Smith, and probably not even Mike Elko.  This sounds like a G5 type of contract.  Not G5, but Jedd Fisch is making less than 3 million a year as Arizona's coach - so maybe he's still a candidate with Jeff Traylor.

The way Traylor was talking and acting this week sounds like it's him.

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

If he's gonna get serious about winning, he needs to give Wylie the boot

I think you meant to say Big Raise

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I have long thought that Riley's first SC staff was more about controlling exposure to the skeletons in the closet than winning football games. For example, why are Zach and Annie Hanson in LA? How about Clarke Stroud? Wiley has been awful, why is he still there? He's not mad Grinch got fired, he's mad that he's losing control. 

So you’re saying all of those folks have picture of his belly yet, right?