Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

29 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think these AD hires are as much about NIL as hiring coaches.  Schools who are 'win at all cost' think they need someone who knows how to help their coaches work with both legit and non-compliant NIL entities.   Then there is the aspect of how to ensure infrastructure donations keep flowing at the same time as the NIL.  They're two somewhat overlapping constituencies.  People look at Bjork and go "he was able to get Jimbo that #1 class under the table and not get anyone caught, and still got money to build shit".  Now, I don't know how based in reality that perception is, but I think that's the truth serum version of how these admin folks think.  And, I think lots of administrators are afraid of how coming collective bargaining is going to fuck them and want to think their AD guy has some kind of handle on how to navigate that.

That’s a good a theory as any. Aggy’s NIL dominance was short lived—the 2023 and 2024 classes were ass.

46 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO Nolan is probably talking more than he should be.

GED-4dTXAAA-zO9?format=jpg&name=large

I'd like to see aggy or boosters try to enforce any bullshit contract language.

"Yes your honor, we'd like to sue the player to pay back money because he transferred."

21 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'd like to see aggy or boosters try to enforce any bullshit contract language.

"Yes your honor, we'd like to sue the player to pay back money because he transferred."

ATM is trying to sneak language into their agreements that gives them rights to the players' NIL whether they are on campus or leave. Some guys are catching and some aren't, although I'm sure the word is out at this point. 

For Nolan, I doubt there was a contract for his family's free house in The Woodlands, other than a month to month lease agreement that likely ended in December of 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM is trying to sneak language into their agreements that gives them rights to the players' NIL whether they are on campus or leave. Some guys are catching and some aren't, although I'm sure the word is out at this point. 

For Nolan, I doubt there was a contract for his family's free house in The Woodlands, other than a month to month lease agreement that likely ended in December of 2023. 

Like those "future earnings" type rights?

10 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

They cropped out the part showing that their class is nearly ALL BREAD.

IMG_0249.thumb.jpeg.763fbf03b3361bfe3c34c4caac0d6e42.jpegIMG_0248.thumb.jpeg.a97ff91f60b80bdcf4e0aad8ed0eaefa.jpeg

They were doing the average before losing McKinley but now they are doing the ranking on the transfer portal. Lets just say there are 11 teams ahead of them on average and Texas is #2 on that list.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

They were doing the average before losing McKinley but now they are doing the ranking on the transfer portal. Lets just say there are 11 teams ahead of them on average and Texas is #2 on that list.

They're also conveniently ignoring on3's transfer rankings, which balance outgoing transfers against incoming ones. On that metric, they've been decimated by having to recruit bread to replace blue chip talent.

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

The most misleading rankings system to date.  

Lazy as hell because at the very least they could rank talent that left that was seeing the field plus and freshman that did not see the field and what is coming in that saw the field for the prior team plus freshman that will be red-shirt freshman or sophomores. Then that would be more of an indicator of what took place in the portal talent wise.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Their roster really won’t be that bad next year, but the normal 8-4 is probably expected.  If we lose to those gumps I might kill someone.  lol. 

Wtf? They lost Walter Nolan, Evan Stewart, LT Overton, and Fadill Diggs and replaced them with MAC trash.

Nothing about their offense is threatening. The DL takes a hit, the secondary should still be bad, and a LB that could go in the first round declared for the draft early.

This is a BAD aggy team that will hover around 6-6.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Some guy from The Athletic dropped his early SEC predictions this morning. What if I told you they will go 6-6 AND beat a previously undefeated Texas?

Hide contents

IMG_3193.thumb.jpeg.e63b803c966616f81ee8af85b5878447.jpegIMG_3184.thumb.jpeg.b4e1fbdddb490cfb7a9c9dccfc76139f.jpegIMG_3185.thumb.jpeg.10f140def6cefeac4b27c3a37f44e2ae.jpeg

That would be mildly aggravating, but probably puts us in the $EC championship and in the driver's seat for the playoffs.  I would take that today even with the insufferable cunts chirping about winning their super bowl.

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well some guy doesn’t know the history of the series and it’s lack of big upsets. Or that aggy has never beaten undefeated Texas (I think that’s correct)

Yeah well you can throw out the history books because the Elk wasn’t running those teams.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

That would be mildly aggravating, but probably puts us in the $EC championship and in the driver's seat for the playoffs.  I would take that today even with the insufferable cunts chirping about winning their super bowl.

Unless they use the ridiculous rule the Pac 12 created. Here is what he said:

Spoiler

SEC championship

LSU vs. … ???

The SEC hasn’t announced its tiebreakers. But those are not expected to diverge much from the current ones to determine the division champions. The above scenario would be a three-way tie. The first tiebreaker in the division era was head-to-head record among the teams, and in this case, the only head-to-head matchup was Texas beating Georgia. So the Longhorns would get it … if that is the tiebreaker.

But when the Pac-12 (R.I.P.) got rid of divisions before the 2022 season, it tweaked its formula to say that if not everyone involved in a three-way (or more) tie has played each other, that tiebreaker is not invoked. The Pac-12’s next tiebreaker is record among common opponents. The teams all three teams have played. But that was just one team — Mississippi State — and all three won. That also covers the next tiebreaker, so it then goes to the fourth one: “Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (i.e., the strength of conference schedule).”

In that case:

Georgia: 33-31

Texas: 20-44

Missouri: 19-45

So Georgia wins that tiebreaker. Then again, in the new CFP system, did the Bulldogs want to win the tiebreaker?

College Football Playoff

The top four conference champions will get the top four seeds and byes into the quarterfinals. So there is motivation to get to Atlanta. The game will still have meaning, with the LSU-Georgia winner getting a valuable bye.

But it could be argued that by losing, Georgia would endanger its Playoff spot — or at least fall out of getting a home game in the first round. Would it be better to not play in the game at all and preserve that one-loss record as Texas and Missouri (both 11-1) are doing in this scenario? There could be two-loss teams that risk taking a third loss in the SEC championship. Coaches have been wondering aloud about that, hinting they would prefer to give their players a week of rest rather than play in a game that could hurt more than help their case.

Meanwhile, what about the case for other at-large teams? Carrying this hypothetical season forward, it’s hard to see any one-loss team missing out, along with the loser of the SEC championship. So that’s four teams. But Alabama and Ole Miss are sitting there at 10-2 — and Alabama has a win over Missouri, which has a relatively weak schedule strength. So is Texas’, but it would own a win over Georgia.

Arguments will ensue. And that’s not even taking into account the national field and how many quality teams emanate from the other three power conferences.

It’s going to get heated. It will be complicated. And it will be here soon.

Better discussion for another thread, but thought the outcome was fascinating. Winning the SEC title and getting the bye week would be great, but there’s also a solid chance that even without a CCG appearance we could be in line for the #5 seed and a likely G5 opponent coming to DKR. Next season is just going to be absurd. Can’t wait.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I'd lose my fucking mind if a 5-6 shitty A&M team beat an 11-0 Texas team, regardless of the fact that Texas would still make the playoff.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

13 3* transfer commits for aggy is what the real takeaway is from this graphic.

aggy needs 13 men of bread.

13 3 stars to offset the 13 4-5 stars that left. It’s science 

26 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

13 3* transfer commits for aggy is what the real takeaway is from this graphic.

aggy needs 13 men of bread.

If I'm reading the chart correctly, A&M has 23 transfers with 0 5 stars, 8 4 stars and 13 3 stars.  13+8=21.  Does this mean 2 of their transfers are less than 3 star?