Sam the only player to stay for the Eyes

GreenspointTexas

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged. 

Wanting this to be about your political biases is stupid. There was nothing wrong with the team having opinions and stating them on a major issue that concerns them. They're not losing because they care about other people off the field.

They're losing for football reasons. They're not soft; they're undisciplined. They're not stupid; they work in schemes that fail. They don't lack passion; they haven't been coached to control and apply that passion equally.

This pool of talented players is a mess, and I don't think it's because they'd be a mess no matter where they were playing. It's a football problem not a political one. Take your politics somewhere else, don't make yet another non political board your snowflake haven.

It is sad seeing only Sam out there. I'm not sure how to interpret it, but I won't run through my political filter, thank you very much.

I thought Herman was a good hire. If we get rid of him quickly, we will have a better foundation for the next guy than he got. His assistants were handcuffed by not having more time to introduce their systems, but that's just a footnote to seeing more of the same from the previous seasons.

Urban, Mullen, or Traylor for me. The sooner the better.

Tldr

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bruno Sardine said:

from the perspective of many of our players, fans who sing the Eyes are on par with the Boogaloo Boys.

first of all, I doubt that “many” of our players feel that way, and the ones that do are just stupid, ignorant fucking kids.  who gives a frog’s fat ass what an entitled dickless teenager thinks about anything? 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

first of all, I doubt that “many” of our players feel that way, and the ones that do are just stupid, ignorant fucking kids.  who gives a frog’s fat ass what an entitled dickless teenager thinks about anything? 

Hope they get their degrees because they will be majoring in something other than sports. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Making light of this? 

Your team leader, who lives and dies burnt orange, who has walked the lines for weeks with black players, and he is standing alone at the end of a gut wrenching game by himself with the school song being played.  While his pussiy-field heart broken teammates walk off the field.  

Fuck them all.  Fuck them.

Do you forget we have a bunch of white players on the team? I don’t see them out there with Sam either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Making light of this? 

Your team leader, who lives and dies burnt orange, who has walked the lines for weeks with black players, and he is standing alone at the end of a gut wrenching game by himself with the school song being played.  While his pussiy-field heart broken teammates walk off the field.  

Fuck them all.  Fuck them.

Shut the thread down and mark this. Fucking bullshit pussy ass entitled fucks. 

35 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Any player that won't stand with their teammate in defeat is a coward and I do not want them on my team. 

Like Sam not standing with the entire rest of the team?

It's hilarious that the initial Surly consensus was "let people choose and respect the choice" and now you're having a virtue signaling contest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Do you forget we have a bunch of white players on the team? I don’t see them out there with Sam either.

Don't give a shit. They're a bunch of fucking pansies as well.  Fuck them all. They couldn't hold Ehlinger's jock.  Much less protect them when it mattered most.

If we had 21 other guys with the balls of Ehlinger we wouldn't be talking about this now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Bunch of entitled stupid pieces of shit. Can't get on the same page about anything other than crying. Getting a free education but too fucking stupid to use it properly or value it. If they would just put in the work and effort they could be legends here and trap benefits for life. I mean look at VY he's done everything possible to fuck his life up post football but there's always fans and alumni there to give him another boost into something new.

Not only do they not appreciate what they're given they spit in the fans faces after going out and losing to a shitty 1-2 team who can't beat KSU or ISU. Fans should boycott the rest of the season not like these selfish fucks would even notice 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Props to Sam for not bowing to peer pressure unlike the other seniors. 

No matter how you feel about the 'Eyes' that is a sad picture.

He represents what a leader and warrior embodies in every respect.  Though his last game in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas was a loss, he honored his University the state he has represented there every year by standing proudly for "The Eyes".   I am saddened to see that he was the only player who chose to do this, because the statement the rest of the country and the world will take from this is shameful.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Bunch of entitled stupid pieces of shit. Can't get on the same page about anything other than crying. Getting a free education but too fucking stupid to use it properly or value it. If they would just put in the work and effort they could be legends here and trap benefits for life. I mean look at VY he's done everything possible to fuck his life up post football but there's always fans and alumni there to give him another boost into something new.

Not only do they not appreciate what they're given they spit in the fans faces after going out and losing to a shitty 1-2 team who can't beat KSU or ISU. Fans should boycott the rest of the season not like these selfish fucks would even notice 

Stop it. It’s clearly someone else’s fault 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Again, the only reason i posted that photo is because of how shocking it was and how indicative it was that the team hates Herman

It would seem the team hates the university.  Fuck every last one them.  Sucks for Sam.  If he weren’t in this game it would have been a blow out.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Like everything else this is on Herman. this shitty attitude should have been quashed over the summer.  fuck them all

Why did every other big program coach put this shit to bed in the summer? Laid the law down and said fuck that we're here to win not act like a bunch of bougie bitches. They should be sent back to the shit holes they came from asap and just start the fuck over. This isn't even respectable in defeat anymore

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I’ll go out on a limb and say more players would’ve been out there if we had won. 

They’d just lost an emotional game. Dudes are pissed. Many are soured on the song. To extrapolate that the players who didn’t stand out there hate the school or the team or Sam is ridiculous. I don’t give a fuck who does or doesn’t stand out there after the game. Just fucking play better & win.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

17 minutes ago, futureman said:

Well I assume they are rational beings. If you believe the song is racist, then you believe people who continue to sing the song are racist. Right?

All herman does is act arrogant and selfish. It pours out from his skin every day. You can just see it in him. All these dudes on the team with no real father figures look to him for cues and this is the shit they see and copy. He's the worst leader for a football team I've ever seen. Even the worst coaches in history of the program didn't do this. Even strong didn't cause this type of division and arrogant narcissism in the team

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ztejas said:

Sam is the only one standing here. Rest of the team is sitting down in the locker room.

Ah so "stand with" wasn't the usual metaphor we all commonly use regarding holding a position in solidarity, it's literally about being upright on two feet?

lol

As I said, the initial Surly consensus was that The Eyes would be a personal choice for players. The players are exercising their personal choice and, as far as I know, not making a public stink about players who make a different one.

Now, we are in the midst of grown men seeing who can make the boldest statement of disgust in a virtue signaling contest that would rival the pointless and hollow sanctimony of any gathering of SJWs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

This is the toxic culture Tom Herman has established at Texas. How many players are going to jump into the portal next week? I'm going to go out on a limb and say 2-3. The players are quitters who are soft and entitled, they haven't won anything significant.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

As I said, the initial Surly consensus was that The Eyes would be a personal choice for players. The players are exercising their personal choice and, as far as I know, not making a public stink about players who make a different one.

We’ve seen how it’s played out. Division is a cancer for a football team. These guys have nothing to rally around because some of them would rather manufacture a reason to be offended to gain attention. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

If you believe the song is racist, you should probably be at a junior college. 

They would be if they didn't run fast and weren't big as beasts. Community college or roaming the streets whining to cops when they get busted for something

Edited by immamac
Racist shit take a vacation
  • Fuck You 9
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Pepper said:

All herman does is act arrogant and selfish. It pours out from his skin every day. You can just see it in him. All these dudes on the team with no real father figures look to him for cues and this is the shit they see and copy. He's the worst leader for a football team I've ever seen. Even the worst coaches in history of the program didn't do this. Even strong didn't cause this type of division and arrogant narcissism in the team

Yeah but I bet he stood for The Eyes!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

We’ve seen how it’s played out. Division is a cancer for a football team. These guys have nothing to rally around because some of them would rather manufacture a reason to be offended to gain attention. 

What does this even mean? Are you saying we are playing poorly because they don't all stand for The Eyes?

These guys have nothing to rally around because some of them would rather manufacture a reason to be offended to gain attention. 

You are in a thread of grown men FURIOUSLY posting about how young men are going into the locker room instead of standing during a variation of I've Been Working on the Railroad.

Besides, all players but one were in the locker room... sounds like unity to me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1