Sam the only player to stay for the Eyes

GreenspointTexas

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yea, i dont really care about the Eyes, but it says a lot about our team that he is literally rhe only one who stayed. (Hes the only one in the middle with his helmet off).

Herman has lost the team.

045d9d47df2a0663e0781667c60af392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If CDC isn't on line with Urban tonight he needs to go too.  I'm actually OK with making the eyes optional, it becomes a tell of how the team is meshing.  Kind of a "what we do, we do together" band of brothers mentality.  The team is splintered and it is because of lack of leadership at the coaching level.  I think the team loves Sam and hates Herman.  It is a sad day for the program. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think Texas needs to field an all white team next year so many fans dont get their feelings hurt.

Wtf? That’s your take on this? From the whole thread? That’s as idiotic as thinking the Eyes is racist. The team that’s on the field doesn’t acknowledge the fans win or lose. It’s not about a damn song. It’s about abandoning a tradition and replacing it with nothing. 

Yes, there are obviously posters who are racist and post racists comments. It’s terrible. But attacking fans who are disappointed that a tradition has been replaced (for an asinine) reason with players simply running off the field after the game once they shake hands with their opponents makes no sense. 

I watch a ton of college football and the players on other teams group up and acknowledge the fans win or lose. We do nothing. And that’s sad to see. It shows where this program is headed. Imo. And I hope it gets turned around. Soon. Surely the alumni and BMDs can see this. Surely. They will act. Swiftly. Right? Damn this is gonna be a long season. I just don’t see how the team rebounds successfully from a loss to a shitty OU team. I don’t even see us in a bowl game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

If CDC isn't on line with Urban tonight he needs to go too.  I'm actually OK with making the eyes optional, it becomes a tell of how the team is meshing.  Kind of a "what we do, we do together" band of brothers mentality.  The team is splintered and it is because of lack of leadership at the coaching level.  I think the team loves Sam and hates Herman.  It is a sad day for the program. 

Well it was well established that players were going to opt out of the eyes well before the season. People are just mad about it now because we also suck ass at the first 60 minutes of the show.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:Texas is 5-5 against Baylor in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 3-7 against Oklahoma State in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is now 3-9 against Oklahoma in the last ten seasons.  

Texas is now 2-7  against TCU in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 4-4 against WVU in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 4-6 against K-State in the last ten seasons.  

It is almost as if the problem didn’t start with the summer SJW activities boogeyman on to which all the whistlers on this board seem to have to project their frustrations whenever things don’t go well for the team this season.  

nope, that can’t be it. Clearly it is the fact that some players engaged in some social activities this summer that clemson and Alabama players did as well and that’s also why they’re losing so much. 

that has to be why Sam threw two awful picks in the end zone in addition to missing wide open guys for most of the first 3.5 quarters and why Herman is too stupid to understand momentum in a game and when going for two is the right call. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Been a symbol of unity for a decade. All ages, colors and cultures. Now it’s just a fake reason to claim victim status and avoid personal responsibility. 

no unity. Only suppression. Starts at the top. 

That’s my thinking.   Why in the fuck did it become such an issue this year?   It’s not like the discussion about culturally insensitive issues began in June 2020.   We’ve done things since the modern civil rights era to reconcile the wrongs and to the best of  my recollection this was the first time this has come up.   Was it a subject during the Civil Rights era in the 1960s especially as we started integrating the sports programs?  We’ve had generations of alums and fans of all colors and nationalities for that matter that didn’t think twice the song as it is TODAY is a racist symbol.   This is not like Ole Miss or a few high schools in the state  until recently still using Confederate imaginary to promoter their brand.   It was HUGE mistake to tie the “Eye” into something like that and the adults in the room, meaning the fricken university administration and athletic department should have immediately set the record straight.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I told this board months ago that not just canning the eyes of Texas would result in so many embarrassing and uncomfortable moments that the university would eventually just have to change it. Today is embarrassing event number one. I’m sure there will be many more.

The consensus amongst insiders is that the BMD are furious about this bullshit controversy that our own fucking players inflicted on us allowing our rivals to bludgeon us with negative recruiting. Many have reduced their giving. Changing the fucking song will end the money pipeline we have had and kill our fan base.

19 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, despite the reality that your post is absolutely incorrect based on facts, actual, known facts, not fairytales made up by SJWs you did get one thing correct.

It is not a team morale (I am guessing that is what you intended not moral) issue. It isn't a team morale or even a moral one because there is no fucking team. Texas isn't fielding one, and the individual pissheads that put on the Texas uniforms not only aren't a team, they are a bunch of entitled, bitch made, punk ass bitches who don't even consider themselves Longhorns. Which explains why they don't feel a need to associate with the fans that support this bitch made, punk ass collection of weak willed echo chamber SJW pussies.

Fuck them, fuck them all 

With a singular exception, Sam.

And anyone who agrees with them, are also bitch made, punk ass, SJW echo chamber pussies. 

Suck it. 

Authentic frontier gibberish 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

It is almost as if the problem didn’t start with the summer SJW activities boogeyman on to which all the whistlers on this board seem to have to project their frustrations whenever things don’t go well for the team this season.  

nope, that can’t be it. Clearly it is the fact that some players engaged in some social activities this summer that clemson and Alabama players did as well and that’s also why they’re losing so much. 

that has to be why Sam threw two awful picks in the end zone in addition to missing wide open guys for most of the first 3.5 quarters and why Herman is too stupid to understand momentum in a game and when going for two is the right call. 

We are in deep shit if we don’t fire his ass. If they don’t want to do it mid-season fine (I would but whatever) but I don’t see a win on our schedule. Like a don’t. Don’t we have to win out to have a bowl? 
Herman has gotta go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

Our fan base is already on life support, what happened today, all of it, might have pulled the plug.

I'm done watching for the year, ended my season tickets after 29 years when Tom came back last year. If he returns, I'm fucking out Jerry.

Bullshit. You will be back here like you always are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who do they think they are being offended about something that we're not offended by?

The nerve!

I'm not going to attack a bunch of kids for jumping on the latest social justice fad. It's what kids today do. But I am going to point out that it's stupid, and maybe they could find something more important to be offended by. The song is over a hundred years old.  There was a lot of racism back then.  There hasn't been a shred of racism in it for generations.

I mean, Texas, and just about every major university has racism in it's past. You don't have to go back a hundred years. It was the late 60's before most football teams were even integrated. It's on Herman. He should have found a way to channel their activism into something less stupid and divisive. Tough job, but that's why he gets the big bucks. Well, until he's fired this year.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

This isn't about those who choose not to participate in the song, this is about the teams rejection of fans showing their support for the team even though they suffered a hard fought loss. 

Another stark contrast during the game was how dirty Sam was, he was a totally different color from a uniform perspective than any other player. Sam has lost the locker room just as much as Herman has, but for different reasons. That's what is so sad here. Sam is diehard. He's the only diehard. Further to that he is absolutely right, the University of Texas deserves better than this. From everyone. 

Haha Jesus Christ.

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Fuck you! You are a bitch made pussy of the highest caliber. 

Based on what fool?  Because I called your “reasoning” dog shit?  

I’ve already stated on this website that I don’t think the Eyes is racist so you can take that “bitch made pussy of the highest caliber” back to Westlake where it’s probably a dig at somebody. It’s just dumb here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s a lot to unpack and be mad about from today, but players not staying for a song that they had vehemently stated they wouldn’t be staying for well before the season began isn’t one of them.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Our fan base is already on life support, what happened today, all of it, might have pulled the plug.

I'm done watching for the year, ended my season tickets after 29 years when Tom came back last year. If he returns, I'm fucking out Jerry.

I thought you moved into some remote cabin by yourself in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. Why are you acting like some game attending person that anyone gives a shit about? The fan base, like every fan base, responds to winning. If we had converted a two point and won, this discussion would not be happening. 

Just now, sidis said:

I thought you moved into some remote cabin by yourself in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. Why are you acting like some game attending person that anyone gives a shit about? The fan base, like every fan base, responds to winning. If we had converted a two point and won, this discussion would not be happening. 

But he wants to show you how much more he cares about Texas than the rest of us. 

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The consensus amongst insiders is that the BMD are furious about this bullshit controversy that our own fucking players inflicted on us allowing our rivals to bludgeon us with negative recruiting. Many have reduced their giving. Changing the fucking song will end the money pipeline we have had and kill our fan base.

so basically we are aggy and the Eyes of Texas is our Sul Ross statue. 

that's just fucking great. 

anyways, fuck Tom Herman, this is on him. 

What is actually racist about the song? It appears that some are recreationally triggered on this issue. 

If anything, this song unfies us in its singing, its not about the words, it's about the activity itself.

It seems as if divisiness is a fad, and people are jumping on it with faux-righteousness.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, despite the reality that your post is absolutely incorrect based on facts, actual, known facts, not fairytales made up by SJWs you did get one thing correct.

It is not a team morale (I am guessing that is what you intended not moral) issue. It isn't a team morale or even a moral one because there is no fucking team. Texas isn't fielding one, and the individual pissheads that put on the Texas uniforms not only aren't a team, they are a bunch of entitled, bitch made, punk ass bitches who don't even consider themselves Longhorns. Which explains why they don't feel a need to associate with the fans that support this bitch made, punk ass collection of weak willed echo chamber SJW pussies.

Fuck them, fuck them all 

With a singular exception, Sam.

And anyone who agrees with them, are also bitch made, punk ass, SJW echo chamber pussies. 

Suck it. 

What BurntEyes is saying is that the decline of Texas football runs parallel with the decline of Western Civilization.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That’s my thinking.   Why in the fuck did it become such an issue this year?   It’s not like the discussion about culturally insensitive issues began in June 2020.   We’ve done things since the modern civil rights era to reconcile the wrongs and to the best of  my recollection this was the first time this has come up.   Was it a subject during the Civil Rights era in the 1960s especially as we started integrating the sports programs?  We’ve had generations of alums and fans of all colors and nationalities for that matter that didn’t think twice the song as it is TODAY is a racist symbol.   This is not like Ole Miss or a few high schools in the state  until recently still using Confederate imaginary to promoter their brand.   It was HUGE mistake to tie the “Eye” into something like that and the adults in the room, meaning the fricken university administration and athletic department should have immediately set the record straight.  

A few weeks ago, you could read this exact same argument made 137 different times about the Sul Ross statue on texags.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so basically we are aggy and the Eyes of Texas is our Sul Ross statue. 

that's just fucking great. 

anyways, fuck Tom Herman, this is on him. 

We have a school song that the whole world of college football knows and that a good chunk of the general population knows too. For alums, it brings chills down our spines singing it after a game like the Rose Bowl. It is sung at weddings. You think some new SJW approved school song is going to have that type of appeal? 100+ years of tradition and culture that has been forged  is worth fighting for and respecting. It’s not in the same ballpark as some Confederate traitor’s statue on aggy’s campus. Fuck our players for sowing this division and sucking 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

whatever side you are on, looks like we are going back to the pre mack divisive team/fanbase days...  Those were the really fun days

Fucking bb’s everywhere.

BTW, the volleyball team remains on the court for The Eyes of Texas (regardless of whether they all sing it or not).  Since they could probably kick the football teams ass they should take note.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Michael Dickson called Jay Bouleware trash

Does he blame his special teams coach from 2015 for him dropping a snap and costing us the OSU game?

But hey, he kicked ass in the bowl game for a 6-6 team and he’s a great NFL punter, so he can say what he wants right?

His fucking cousin was hammered shit today and on top of that got a fucking taunting penalty. Dicko needs to shut the fuck up today...

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnny utah said:

Fucking bb’s everywhere.

BTW, the volleyball team remains on the court for The Eyes of Texas (regardless of whether they all sing it or not).  Since they could probably kick the football teams ass they should take note.

Yeah, they have been doing something to engage in that player/fan ritual without the Eyes, specifically.

Actually, first they just huddled up on court, but I think they realized that was awkward and didn't acknowledge the fans.  Now they are lining up.

Despite being as high or higher-caliber athletes within their sport than the football players, I think they are, as a group, smarter and less entitled.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, johnny utah said:

Fucking bb’s everywhere.

Watch when we lose to Kansas and Tom says " you cant expect to beat Kansas every year"

Remember when JM said that after the loss to Rice...

Ohhhhhhhh we are back to the good times ...painful times. Every game from mid 80s to mid 90's was WTF moments. Never knew what type of team would show up. Apathy was thick 

10 minutes ago, El Squared said:

What is actually racist about the song? It appears that some are recreationally triggered on this issue. 

If anything, this song unfies us in its singing, its not about the words, it's about the activity itself.

It seems as if divisiness is a fad, and people are jumping on it with faux-righteousness.

This. All of these conversations die in the specifics. Someone literally is paid to go find reasons to be recreationally outraged. Seven months ago, no one was offended. Someone had to tell them to be.

• Like 1