Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

14 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Maybe they do, but they still charge an arm and a leg no matter, at least where I have owned homes in the last 10 years.  Spent 20,000 dollars on a roof replacement, and almost 20,000 dollars having A/C replaced on last house I owned...

I’ve had both of those things done in the last 2 years and neither cost close to 20k. Maybe shop around next time. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 4th&Five said:

I’ve had both of those things done in the last 2 years and neither cost close to 20k. Maybe shop around next time. 

I probably don't live where you live, and I did shop around, had to get multiple quotes for insurance.

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Either that's a very non-standard roof, a very large roof, or you got ripped off big-time.

Eh. Mine is pretty typical and not all that big and that’s in line with what I was getting quotes last year. A bit high on the AC unless you are running several 5tons ( at least as of a few years/SEER levels ago) 

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

The reality is that many cannot pay their fair share.  So instead of looking at things how you want them to be, you can start there instead.  Figure out what kind of society you want to live in.  

That’s fine, let’s curb our spending to help them out some?  That would help everyone, no?

14 minutes ago, safe sex said:

And the flipside of that reality is that the wealthy of America are not paying their fair share, even though they could do so with no discernable loss in their quality of life

You’re right. They should be paying a fair share, too. Quality of life doesn’t have fuck to do with it. Both groups are Americans.  

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Eh. Mine is pretty typical and not all that big and that’s in line with what I was getting quotes last year. A bit high on the AC unless you are running several 5tons ( at least as of a few years/SEER levels ago) 

That’s fine, let’s curb our spending to help them out some?  That would help everyone, no?

In California, and especially AZ, they love it when your A/C goes out in your home or car.  They start dreaming about the $$$$ they can get out of you.  Especially AZ, because they know you aren't living here without it...

Just now, Azbadlands said:

In California, and especially AZ, they love it when your A/C goes out in your home or car.  They start dreaming about the $$$$ they can get out of you.  Especially AZ, because they know you aren't living here without it...

What about Oregon?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How does curbing spending help out the folks you're complaining about (the ones that don't pay taxes anyway)? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

It was just a standard tile roof, on almost 1,900 square foot house....With a big back porch that got reshingled also.

OK, so it's an expensive material and a very large roof.  Not typical in either regard.

53 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I get it, we’re not Arizona hot. But you’re not living in Houston without an AC.  Literally sometimes.  

Roof estimates vary wildly depending on how gullible/rich the roofer thinks you are. In Austin, a home remodeling & roofing company with a name that rhymes with Tower gave me a fancy presentation followed by an initial estimate (for a very plain 1700 sq ft house) of--get this--fifty thousand dollars. Five zero, not 15. I was able to "talk them down" to a "special price just for you" of 28k, which was still double the other estimates I got.

Watching fatty crawfish as his conscious mind fights back the subconscious realization that's he's actually one of the 500 poor and not the wealthy man that the strong arm of the civil magistrate is there to protect is amazing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Eh, wouldnt be ideal. But half our population can’t afford any, apparently,  and if we’re going to keep them in society for whatever reason, I’d rather them actually participate in the part they currently don’t. A far cry from their usual lot of just taking taking taking, may be a good time for actual contribution.  I know, regressive taxes affect them sO mUcH MoRe!!!1!  

American by birth but without participation is no way to go thru life. 

What did I tell yall about fatty wanting to kill poor people?

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Watching fatty crawfish as his conscious mind fights back the subconscious realization that's he's actually one of the 500 poor and not the wealthy man that the strong arm of the civil magistrate is there to protect is amazing.

Exactly. If this is port, shouldn’t be a single person bitching.  ThisisAmerica.gif

18 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol wut. I’ve never asked for any handouts.  I think if Americans are “equal”, we should all have “equal” skin in the game.  But, the can’t get rights need their neighbors to feed and home them, pay for their loans, and who know what else.  Can’t imagine what’s it’s like living with that embarrassment.

Hey, I don't know how old you are but when you eventually go get a colonoscopy, please let us know that you paid for the procedure and anesthesia, etc. fully out of pocket and did not let Obamacare/ACA cover the cost for you, ok?  Have to be consistent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Look man!  I ain't letting no queer-ass doctor sticking his finger up my bunghole unless it's paid for by America!  Dammit! 

I'm not a huge fan of the ACA to this day and I play a lot of mental gymnastics for other issues in my life.....but i am just in absolute awe of what some adults in Texas are capable of, cognitively speaking.  Or not capable of, as it were.  

12 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Hey, I don't know how old you are but when you eventually go get a colonoscopy, please let us know that you paid for the procedure and anesthesia, etc. fully out of pocket and did not let Obamacare/ACA cover the cost for you, ok?  Have to be consistent. 

I had my first colonoscopy while that motherfucker was still considered a community organizer, unfortunately.  

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I had my first colonoscopy while that motherfucker was still considered a community organizer, unfortunately.  

So paying for the next one out of pocket, correct?  

Better yet, assuming you happily pay for all this out of pocket... you know, so you don't take entitlements out of principle... (although I'm sure #15 does not apply)

1. Abdominal aortic aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
  2. Alcohol misuse screening and counseling
  3. Aspirin use to prevent cardiovascular disease and colorectal cancer for adults 50 to 59 years with a high cardiovascular risk
  4. Blood pressure screening
  5. Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
  6. Colorectal cancer screening for adults 45 to 75
  7. Depression screening
  8. Diabetes (Type 2) screening for adults 40 to 70 years who are overweight or obese
  9. Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
  10. Falls prevention (with exercise or physical therapy and vitamin D use) for adults 65 years and over, living in a community setting
  11. Hepatitis B screening for people at high risk, including people from countries with 2% or more Hepatitis B prevalence, and U.S.-born people not vaccinated as infants and with at least one parent born in a region with 8% or more Hepatitis B prevalence.
  12. Hepatitis C screening for adults age 18 to 79 years
  13. HIV screening for everyone age 15 to 65, and other ages at increased risk
  14. PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) HIV prevention medication for HIV-negative adults at high risk for getting HIV through sex or injection drug use
  15. Immunizations for adults — doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
  16. Lung cancer screening for adults 50 to 80 at high risk for lung cancer because they’re heavy smokers or have quit in the past 15 years
  17. Obesity screening and counseling
  18. Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
  19. Statin preventive medication for adults 40 to 75 at high risk
  20. Syphilis screening for adults at higher risk
  21. Tobacco use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users
  22. Tuberculosis screening for certain adults without symptoms at high risk

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I had access to all that before we made it available for the strugglebus. It’s called having a good job with good insurance.  Available with literally every job since college, hell maybe even before that. 

LOL... dude... tell me you are completely clueless on what real world insurance looks like without telling me you are clueless.  There are plenty of people with good jobs that still have to pay absurdly high premiums, high out of pocket costs, etc.  This has to be a bit.  Tell me, how does it cost to buy a loaf of bread?  Do you need an ID?   

The strugglebus... what a dick dude.  Not everyone has tons of money and people make health decisions based on cost so they choose to suffer/defer treatment because they can't afford it.   

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 2

My wife and I own our company and make a good living but we're too small to get "good" or cheap insurance rates.  There are millions like us that pay a lot out of pocket just for bloodwork and shit that every American should have free access to.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My wife and I own our company and make a good living but we're too small to get "good" or cheap insurance rates.  There are millions like us that pay a lot out of pocket just for bloodwork and shit that every American should have free access to.

I did that while consulting. It was not ideal.

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Tell me, how does it cost to buy a loaf of bread?

I don’t know. My wife buys the ones with all the seeds and shit in it and one of the kids needs the gluten free. $5 loaf?   Certainly more than the Harvest oat or whatever I had for decades.  

On 1/28/2024 at 6:53 AM, South Austin said:

Nobody is asking for a license in Texas. General contractors and handymen aren’t required to have one.

Nice story, sounds like a magical place still where the government doesn't control everything.

I wanted to build a small cabin on my land that I own outright in the middle of almost nowhere in AZ with my own money,  and the County still has building codes, guidelines, inspections you have to pass for anything over 250 square feet that is not for livestock use.  

Maybe I could hire some migrants to do it cheap, but wonder how many inspections I would fail?

• Fuck You 4

My wife co-owns a business and we use my insurance. It would cost us more to go through her business. Insanity.
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I had access to all that before we made it available for the strugglebus. It’s called having a good job with good insurance.  Available with literally every job since college, hell maybe even before that. 

Wonder why similarly situated posters are bragging about this?

Texas taxpayers have paid over $124 million to bus more than 100,000 illegal immigrants that are invading our country, deeper into the country and away from border patrol agents.  Word has also gotten out south of the border that if you head this way, you might win Greg’s lottery and get a free bus ticket to a major American city away from the border.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/records-abbotts-migrant-busing-has-cost-texas-124-million/

Nexstar obtained the documents through a public information request to the Texas Division of Emergency Management — the agency tasked with this initiative. The majority of the payments have been made to Wynne Transportation LLC, with a handful of payments made to Transportation Management Services Inc.

On 2/1/2024 at 10:42 AM, texasdago said:

Tell me, how does it cost to buy a loaf of bread?

Store brand white is around 2 bucks a loaf.

We buy frozen loaves so I can bake it as needed. That's about 6 bucks for 5 loaves.

We have  no allergies or other dietary restrictions other than I try and keep sugar to a minimum.

We're lucky in that we have a decent health plan, but when I got really really sick it was difficult. Life comes at you with unexpected curve balls even when families have something set by, even when they save, even when they aren't extravagant at the grocery store or with anything else. It just does. So I feel for families who haven't had that reserve through no fault of their own. Compassion goes a long way and so does kindness. The emotional expenditure for compassion is actually much healthier in the long run than that of being an asshole, but the learning curve is...apparently steep.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 2/2/2024 at 7:59 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Texas taxpayers have paid over $124 million to bus more than 100,000 illegal immigrants that are invading our country, deeper into the country and away from border patrol agents.  Word has also gotten out south of the border that if you head this way, you might win Greg’s lottery and get a free bus ticket to a major American city away from the border.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/records-abbotts-migrant-busing-has-cost-texas-124-million/

you know what $124M would buy a lot of? houses. a lot of fucking houses. not enough to house 100k ppl, but it would be a start.

, you're invited to join Governor Greg Abbott on Tuesday, February 20th in Bee Cave!

Governor Abbott will be in Bee Cave to help Get Out The Vote for conservative champion Ellen Troxclair. Representative Troxclair will continue to work with Governor Abbott to secure the southern border, cut property taxes, and empower parents. That's why Governor Abbott has endorsed her for re-election.

The event is at Cafe Blue at the Hill Country Galleria on Tuesday, 2/20 at 8:45AM. It is free to attend!

You can RSVP to join Governor Abbott at: https://wintx.co/vmydW

——

friend got this text 

Foxy Troxy continues to disappoint 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

, you're invited to join Governor Greg Abbott on Tuesday, February 20th in Bee Cave!

Governor Abbott will be in Bee Cave to help Get Out The Vote for conservative champion Ellen Troxclair. Representative Troxclair will continue to work with Governor Abbott to secure the southern border, cut property taxes, and empower parents. That's why Governor Abbott has endorsed her for re-election.

The event is at Cafe Blue at the Hill Country Galleria on Tuesday, 2/20 at 8:45AM. It is free to attend!

——

friend got this text 

Welp, cross Cafe Blue off my list...

Need to read the pulse of what's going on at the Border?  Drive on over and ask the hard working folks of Bee Cave...🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

——

friend got this text 

I got the same text today. I replied back with "Fuck you, you fucking fascist" 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/4/2024 at 3:12 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you know what $124M would buy a lot of? houses. a lot of fucking houses. not enough to house 100k ppl, but it would be a start.

$1200 per person?  While bad, that is not even close to the $$ the city of Austin is spending on all the still unopened former hotels and other wasted money to house the 3000 homeless.  

And that would buy maybe 300 houses in Jarrell.

9 hours ago, landman said:

$1200 per person?  While bad, that is not even close to the $$ the city of Austin is spending on all the still unopened former hotels and other wasted money to house the 3000 homeless.  

And that would buy maybe 300 houses in Jarrell.

you didn't read my whole post, did you?