Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

25 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If you're going to school with a terrible flu, and you know about it and die. Well seems like you had some choices before your death.

Please, and I mean this sincerely, get help. 

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Did I claimed they tried?

“I've never worrid about PB, but I have worried about the people who started a dumpster fire right in front of my place. Who dressed in black garb, and were saying that they were Antifa.“

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

“I've never worrid about PB, but I have worried about the people who started a dumpster fire right in front of my place. Who dressed in black garb, and were saying that they were Antifa.“

So I never said they tried to burn it down, but it was a possibility that it could have.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, mdmost said:

workwithseed has long bypassed MNLonghorn as the poster who has turned the dumbest in the Covid era. Quite an achievement. 

Oh this would be an interesting ranking. But we’re doing to have to be more expansive.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

At six weeks:

The-Gender-of-a-Child-Determined-at-6-We

You probably should include the magnification with that image. A fetus at six weeks is about the size of a pomegranate seed. I discovered I was expecting one of our children when I went to the doctor for something else and they prescribed medication so I had to take a pregnancy test due to the type of medication. Had no clue I was pregnant (skipping periods is not uncommon for long distance runners). Was about six to eight weeks pregnant.

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

workwithseed has long bypassed MNLonghorn as the poster who has turned the dumbest in the Covid era. Quite an achievement. 

It’s as if he doesn’t realize there is an available search button we can all use to see the changing story on this fire outside his apartment. It went from yea I talked to the people dressed in black saying they were Antifa that started it, to there was a fire right outside my window, to there was a fire near the ground level of my complex. 

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s as if he doesn’t realize there is an available search button we can all use to see the changing story on this fire outside his apartment. It went from yea I talked to the people dressed in black saying they were Antifa that started it, to there was a fire right outside my window, to there was a fire near the ground level of my complex. 

I make fun of him for his need to post YouTube videos as an argument on a topic but he really needs to stop being caught in the YouTube feedback loop. Maybe have him watch The Social Dilemma so he can see how he's being played by YouTube and others. I swear he wasn't ever as red pill as he seemed to get in the wake of George Floyd and BLM. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You can look up the video from the link I gave y'all when I actually went down to the protest. You can see the dumpster fire right across the street I used to live, and talked to bystanders that weren't part of antifa.

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You just have to get your knee back on the nigra's neck and then get your wimmin back in line. Profit America is great again!

White men need to be excluded from running anything bigger than a convenience store for at least ten years. A bunch of us aren't bad guys, but as a group, it's pretty fucking dismal. 

I'm dealing with a lot of race and state shame this week. At least the national GOPs have the courage to (try to) block the divisiveness of an investigation into their party's support for an insurrection. Thank goodness we'll be spared that!!!!

image.png.051727660e88e002a17c2e49db97ff6d.png

15 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You can look up the video from the link I gave y'all when I actually went down to the protest. You can see the dumpster fire right across the street I used to live, and talked to bystanders that weren't part of antifa.

Oh I’ll do that now

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Oh this would be an interesting ranking. But we’re doing to have to be more expansive.  

TTom gets the lifetime achievement award, but we are going to have to make a special award just for @Wulaw Horn who stated that now prefers to shop at Walmart instead of HEB because the former won't require masks. Maybe call it the "are you even real right now?" award?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Foosters said:

TTom gets the lifetime achievement award, but we are going to have to make a special award just for @Wulaw Horn who stated that now prefers to shop at Walmart instead of HEB because the former won't require masks. Maybe call it the "are you even real right now?" award?

That wasn’t me bro. That was GR Horn.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That's a pretty awesome image.  Thanks for sharing.  Abortion is a barbaric practice unfit a civilized society. 

The question is: Do you want to jail women who choose abortion or those who perform abortions? 

A citizen can believe the practice to be immoral, barbaric, or against God. We are not required, as citizens, to endorse. We are required to tolerate. My standing as a citizen means that I give and acceptance tolerance.

I don't care if the fetus looks like a puppy and barks like a puppy, it's none of my business what a woman does with her pregnancy.

But I diverge from the real issue, Abbott is doing this to fend off an attack on his right flank. No libtard Gestapo in Bastropo. Yes to heartbeat Gestapo running around in jackboots and sporting stethoscopes. 

Visual chosen for humor, but it's actually disturbing. Googled Nazi with stethoscope.

Spoiler

spacer.png

"I hear a heartbeat! I hear a heartbeat! No abortion for you!"

"That's my heart, you idiot!  I'm a man. "

"Snowflake! Snowflake! Beta!"

One wonders if there is anything Abbott won't do for a vote. Earlier I mentioned my sex and state shame. Add university shame to that.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The question is: Do you want to jail women who choose abortion or those who perform abortions? 

This is only the question for people that wish to obfuscate and justify barbarism. 

The answer is not to throw people in jail.  

The answer is to become a systematically less barbaric society. 

But puppies and doggy barks I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Certainly provides a certain level of moderation to the barbarism.  At least there is not a vacuum involved. 

Some people don’t want to know how the sausage is made. They just want to enjoy the taste. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is only the question for people that wish to obfuscate and justify barbarism. 

The answer is not to throw people in jail.  

The answer is to become a systematically less barbaric society. 

But puppies and doggy barks I guess. 

If one is talking about passing laws and making something a crime, then you are indeed talking about incarceration and fines. I don't obfuscate anything at all.

I have no idea how your third sentence even fits into a discussion about the governor creating criminal law by fiat.

You're right on about the puppies, however. Outstanding guess.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Certainly provides a certain level of moderation to the barbarism.  At least there is not a vacuum involved. 

Had no idea you were this pro life. Not judging, just figured you were a libertarian who would be pro choice on this issue. Oh well. I am wrong once again today. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Had no idea you were this pro life. Not judging, just figured you were a libertarian who would be pro choice on this issue. Oh well. I am wrong once again today. 

I am not surprised that you bring a superficial take lacking substance to this exchange. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I'll follow up by saying I agree with what Bill Clinton said when nominated. I would prefer no woman have to choose. I would prefer that there be no abortions, that all pregnancies were welcome. I respect anybody trying to use persuasion to change a woman's mind about abortion so long as the persuasion is not intrusive.

But I'm not dictating to a woman that she have a child.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I am not surprised that you bring a superficial take lacking substance to this exchange. 

Are you pro life, or anti abortion? I feel the pro-life label is a little too broad since it includes death penalty and some people are okay with the state using it as means to kill those that are hopefully rightly convicted.

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

HEB doesn’t require masks either. He goes to Wal-Mart to scope out hot ass.

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

fwiw i also am surprised bc i thought you were pure libertarian.

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Are you pro life, or anti abortion? I feel the pro-life label is a little too broad since it includes death penalty and some people are okay with the state using it as means to kill those that are hopefully rightly convicted.

and this is a good question sort of...but i would say 'pro-life or anti-choice' as literally nobody thinks abortions are awesome. 

having said that, you bring up a good point... it's always seemed the height of hypocrisy to me for someone to be pro-life and also pro-capital punishment. if you believe 'all life is sacred'... then all life is sacred.

one of the few issues i give credit to the Catholic church for, they are ideologically consistent in their pro-life stance. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am not surprised that you would take my response as somehow an attack on you when it’s not and therefore choose to not substantively respond.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, mchookem said:

fwiw i also am surprised bc i thought you were pure libertarian.

and this is a good question sort of...but i would say 'pro-life or anti-choice' as literally nobody thinks abortions are awesome. 

having said that, you bring up a good point... it's always seemed the height of hypocrisy to me for someone to be pro-life and also pro-capital punishment. if you believe 'all life is sacred'... then all life is sacred.

one of the few issues i give credit to the Catholic church for, they are ideologically consistent in their pro-life stance. 

It's not my place to speak for Anastasis, but it's my belief that he is Catholic based on my limited former Southern Baptist/current heathen knowledge of some of the things he's said regarding epistemological topics of which I have very limited understanding. My impression is that he's always been pretty forthright regarding his opposition to both the death penalty and abortions.

Having said that, I'm not sure what his faith has to do with his economic and fiscal libertarian beliefs as I've never looked into how they may or may not jibe. But, given that he's also been wary of criticism of Rand Paul (and I'm also assuming Ron Paul), I'd guess he's squared away his political belief system with them, who are also both vocal opponents of abortion while also being libertarians.

I'm not going to get into it as the abortion debate exhausts me and has been hashed out too many times to count on this and the previous site. Personally, I think there is room for limits based on the viability of the fetus etc. etc. etc. but ultimately think the decision rests with the mother, and I say that as an adoptee who could very well have been aborted had my biological mother chosen to do so since her step-father offered to fly her to someplace where it was legal in 1971.

Edit: It looks like he's just weighed in to explain his stance from a libertarian perspective.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's quite the world we live in where we decide to reframe the uniquely female ability to bring life into this world, by casting that ability into one where their female qualities are actually empowered by the ability to snuff one out before it comes into the world. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's quite the world we live in where we decide to reframe the uniquely female ability to bring life into this world, by casting that ability into one where their female qualities are actually empowered by the ability to snuff one out before it comes into the world. 

It is quite the conundrum. With no easy answer. Which is why it should be devoid of politics. But I guess that’s a bridge too far nowadays.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

It is quite the conundrum. With no easy answer. Which is why it should be devoid of politics. 

On this we agree.  There is no political solution to the issue. Social and moral death spiral imo.  

• Hook 'Em 2