The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

There's no pleasing you guys. The summary wasn't good enough... You wanted the full report, which upon release, ultimately comes to the same conclusion that there wasn't enough evidence to charge the President with obstruction, and now you want to see the unredacted version, which while illegal, MUST have the real evidence hidden within the small blocks of text that were redacted. Good grief.

Well, no, as usual you got most of the details wrong.  We didn't see the full report, and Mueller didn't conclude there wasn't enough evidence to charge the President with obstruction.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I like how Icono touts that “Trump says what I’m thinking.”  That’s like a chef bragging that he likes a certain pig because its shit tastes just like the food he cooks. 

We'd have to be talking about one charming motherfucking pig

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

In my opinion, I think the Trumpers believe that the Russia-Trump Collusion Narrative was all a plan B if Hillary and Co. lost the election.  I think what they fear most, as you said, is the idea of radical leftist ideologies taking grip so much that they prefer Trump over the idea of that any day all day. 

I've also had some Trumper friends of mine suggest that this plan B goes all the way back to the Obama administration.  A name that was brought up to me was Samantha Powers, who was an ambassador to the UN, that put in a massive amount of unmasking requests against Trump Admin staff and transition team members. I searched it up and below kind of covers it, but interesting nonetheless. 

https://aclj.org/government-corruption/former-senior-obama-official-samantha-power-blames-others-for-her-unmasking-scandal

The gist I got out of his sentiment was that the Russia-Trump Conspiracy Theory will go down as the biggest political scandal in US History when you look at all the intelligence agencies and government officials that cooperated to push the narrative through their MSM outlets (which why the fuck is John Brennan and James Clapper, who lied about NSA surveillance, mouthpieces for CNN etc.?)  

The idea that our intelligence agencies, media, and DNC operatives could actively work together to try and undermine the elected President of the US sounds like a conspiracy theory though right?  There's no way that should happen.  

Forget it Jake, it's the Cloak Room.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Intelligence apparatus wiping its ass with the Constitution?  We live in a world with that no longer matters.  If you think it does, you are a trumpkin who sucks Devin Nunes cock by choice. 

but its ok Anastasis because #bothsides! (am i doing it right?)

24 minutes ago, retread said:

Anastasis was on here this morning mocking, chest thumping, or what have you about this very thing.  Igor Sechin references likely blacked out. So Carter Page PhD is the subject of one of Mueller's farmed out ongoing investigations.  shit still stands to hit.  Too rich.

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

There's no pleasing you guys. The summary wasn't good enough... You wanted the full report, which upon release, ultimately comes to the same conclusion that there wasn't enough evidence to charge the President with obstruction, and now you want to see the unredacted version, which while illegal, MUST have the real evidence hidden within the small blocks of text that were redacted. Good grief.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I like how Icono touts that “Trump says what I’m thinking.”  That’s like a chef bragging that he likes a certain pig because its shit tastes just like the food he cooks. 

he's the son of immigrants that fled persecution in their country and supports a president that attempted to prevent those same people from entering into this country. he supports policies that would ensure people EXACTLY LIKE HIM never get the opportunities afforded to them here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Intelligence apparatus wiping its ass with the Constitution?  We live in a world with that no longer matters.  If you think it does, you are a trumpkin who sucks Devin Nunes cock by choice. 

when choosing sarcasm, it's not ideal to quote the retarded urinal cake salesman who justifies the exemplification.

18 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You wanted the full report, which upon release, ultimately comes to the same conclusion that there wasn't enough evidence to charge the President with obstruction . . .

Except that isn't what it says. At all.

The SCO specifically says that they did not take an approach that could result in the conclusion that the President committed crimes, but if the evidence showed that he hadn't committed a crime, they would say so. Then they didn't say so. Put another way, the SCO was never going to say that POTUS obstructed justice but would have been more than happy to say that he hadn't. The problem was they couldn't say he hadn't. 

It's all right there on pages 1 and 2 of Volume II of the report. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

49 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

great summary.  and infuriating that there are people still defending this criminal traitor.

45 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i can't vouch for the accuracy of all his bullet points, but it is a good read.

Couldn't agree more. Oh by the way don't forget to buy his book- 

The People Are Going to Rise Like the Waters Upon Your Shore

A Story of American Rage

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

no one is clamoring for an un-redacted version be made publicly. Who are you arguing with?

I am pleased that the report appears to be a thorough accounting of our President and his administration. And It is not pretty.

It confirms what most sane clear-thinking people already knew. He is an unscrupulous liar, who is skirting the law and hiding under the protection the Presidency affords him.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

he's the son of immigrants that fled persecution in their country and supports a president that attempted to prevent those same people from entering into this country. he supports policies that would ensure people EXACTLY LIKE HIM never get the opportunities afforded to them here.

14ch8y.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Minimal moves on impeachment, 2020 trump nominee, and 2020 trump to win. Nothing appreciable on Jr indictment or Flynn pardon. Couple cents move on GOP to win 2020.

4+ hours or so later, any moves of interest?  Have you made any bets today?

5 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Cry me a fucking river.

You suck and should stop posting your opinions.

You should suck less.

Big dumb strong on the inter webs with MAGAts today.

You gonna pretend she (or anybody really) gives a fuck what you think?

So does his mom.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Just wanted to send a shout out to ya, Calihorn.  Nice work today.  You really raise the level of debate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

HahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

THE PEE TAPES ARE REAL! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

D4cm1LeXkAEHbty.jpg:large

As funny as this would be if true, people aren't reading the whole footnote.  The remainder of that note is:

the 2013 Miss Universe Pageant in Russia. Rtskhiladze 4/4/ 18 302, at 12. Cohen said he spoke to Trump
about the issue after receiving the texts from Rtskhiladze. Cohen 9/12/18 302, at 13. Rtskhiladze said he
was told the tapes were fake, but he did not communicate that to Cohen.
Rtskhiladze 5/10/ 18 302, at 7.

Still not sure what to believe, but there was obviously some chatter that Steele had picked up on.

1 minute ago, Gap03 said:

As funny as this would be if true, people aren't reading the whole footnote.  The remainder of that note is:

Still not sure what to believe, but there was obviously some chatter that Steele had picked up on.

While somewhat disappointing that the pee tape might not be real, the fact that the president didn't know that certainly seems like evidence of blackmail to me and could help explain his utter capitulation to Putin.

4 minutes ago, zork said:

4+ hours or so later, any moves of interest?  Have you made any bets today?

Nothing really jumping out, but haven't been paying close attention.  I averaged down a chunk on Trump Jr. indictment.  There are lots of passed off cases at the end of the alphabet. 

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Icono would happily let himself be led in to a camp as long as they let him wear his maga hat.

And as long as his camp wasn't full of Mexicans - they get their own camp! 

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

We don't need all of them to change their vote.  I can see 1 or 2% naive folks who thought he would eventually stop his shtick and start to "act Presidential" when he was elected change their mind.   1 or 2% is all it should take, really.

It all depends on who the Dems serve up.  My guess is they are going to fuck this up giving people like me yet another impossible choice (and if so I'll vote 3rd party again).

• Like 1

Anyone who claims that the report doesn’t find that trump obstructed justice either (1) hasn’t read it, (2) is a trumpkin who can’t read so good, or (3) is a lying troll. 

Weve got a straight up criminal in the White House boys! Yeah we already knew that but now there’s irrefutable proof.

• Like 3

Trying to obstruct an investigation by saying you want to fire someone but not actually firing him is not obstruction. The act of obstruction didn't take place.

This is so absurd, brought to us by the party who isn't sure what the definition of "is" is. We have wasted two years on the democrats' insurance policy. We need to start putting the actors in jail for a long, long time.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

My parents didn’t flee shit. Been here a decade before revolution. Those friends of ours that did leave Iran did so legally. Thanks for playing. Our situation was nothing like the mess of migrants today.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

35 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, Twitter is filled with trash legal opinions by "experts" today.

What does it mean?

that Congress has the authority to conduct obstruction of justice investigations, stating that such probes provide a check if a president is corrupt.

"With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice," Mueller wrote in his more than 400-page report.

Mueller said he reached this conclusion after his office set out to examine the past legal precedent governing such matters because the Department of Justice (DOJ) and courts have "not definitively resolved these issues."
"We therefore examined those issues through the framework established by the Supreme Court precedent governing separation-of-powers issues," he wrote.
He also noted that the DOJ and the president's legal counsel have argued that the president "is subject to statutes that prohibit obstruction of justice by bribing a witness or suborning perjury because that conduct does not implicate his constitutional authority."

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/439537-mueller-says-congress-has-authority-to-continue-obstruction

35 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, Twitter is filled with trash legal opinions by "experts" today.

What does it mean?

that Congress has the authority to conduct obstruction of justice investigations, stating that such probes provide a check if a president is corrupt.

"With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice," Mueller wrote in his more than 400-page report.

Mueller said he reached this conclusion after his office set out to examine the past legal precedent governing such matters because the Department of Justice (DOJ) and courts have "not definitively resolved these issues."
"We therefore examined those issues through the framework established by the Supreme Court precedent governing separation-of-powers issues," he wrote.
He also noted that the DOJ and the president's legal counsel have argued that the president "is subject to statutes that prohibit obstruction of justice by bribing a witness or suborning perjury because that conduct does not implicate his constitutional authority."

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/439537-mueller-says-congress-has-authority-to-continue-obstruction

Watching the media react to this is amazing. This is peak cognitive dissonance.

They needed something on Trump. Anything. They staked their credibility on Trump going down. They deified Bob Mueller -- the one who will save us from orange man bad.

But when the result of two years of apparently exceptionally thorough investigation could only come up with "some of us think (and others reasonably disagree) it might have been provable as obstruction of justice if he had actually gone through with things he said he was going to do but didn't do."

What's really crazy is that this is the point of self-immolation of an entire profession. And they have no interest in putting out the fire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

26 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So does his mom.

At least I'm not filled with hatred (snarkiness yes, sarcasm yes, hate no) which is more than I can say for a lot of the hypocrites on this board.

Your head is not full of hatred, but you are a liar and your head is full of fucking sawdust, and every time you're called out on your lies you disappear for days. You're a coward piece of shit and I couldn't care less about who you consider a hypocrite or not. Go fuck yourself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2