The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

No bitch, the current complaint is that Mueller wrote to Barr saying...”yo your summary is not accurate at all”.

Then Barr, under oath said... “mueller has never told me he’s not cool with it”.

These fuckers are trying their best to cover up. Wow.

5 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Cruz: "I mean do you know of any other instance where the FBI investigated another candidate for President, I mean "no" right, that's crazy" 

Barr: "No, I do not, well except Hillary as well" 

Jesus, Rafa is such a moron.

17 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I'll answer for you. He didn't state a definitive conclusion because h'e's a by the book guy and doing so would be the equivalent to indicting a sitting POTUS which is against department policy. So your statement that the conclusions were "marginal" is disingenuous at best.

When I read the following in the conclusion, I don't think it disingenuous to call it a marginal conclusion. I have indicated previously that I think there is enough there to support removal, but if you guys really want to parse and challenge the choice of the word "marginal" to describe the conclusion on the basis that Mueller logically boxed himself into a position that would not allow for a definitive conclusion, I will concede the point and we can remove "marginal" from my statement without substantive impact.

Part 2 of the Mueller report is sufficient to support impeachment in the House. Mueller did his job.  The Democrats don't like the political calculus of doing their's in the House because the GOP in the Senate will not remove over obstruction conclusions without corresponding evidence that there was coordination to interfere in the election. 

IV. CONCLUSION Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President's actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

Edited by Anastasis

Did I just hear that right that Barr stated Trump didn't commit obstruction because he was exercising his constitutional authority to shut down an investigation that was based on false accusations against himself? What kind of circular horseshit logic is this?

• Like 1

Just now, elguapo said:

Did I just hear that right that Barr stated Trump didn't commit obstruction because he was exercising his constitutional authority to shut down an investigation that was based on false accusations against himself? What kind of circular horseshit logic is this?

Yes. That’s exactly what you heard

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

Yep. And this sack of shit agrees that the Mueller report shows that the accusations against Trump were false.

That is grossly misleading and close to being an outright lie.

13 minutes ago, elguapo said:

That is an amazing theory to articulate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Cruz: "I mean do you know of any other instance where the FBI investigated another candidate for President, I mean "no" right, that's crazy" 

Barr: "No, I do not, well except Hillary as well" 

Missed that. A “but Hillary” that’s actually relevant. And it undercut Cruz at the same time. I can dig it

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I've stayed away from this thread since the buzzfeed bombshell that wasn't.  Enough time has passed since the Mueller report was delivered that someone can start to draw some informed conclusions.

I'm in full Brisket-mode until somebody in a position of power gives me a reason to believe we aren't completely fucked.   TrumpCo tried like hell to conspire with the Russian's, but cannot be proven to have been successful to the degree that the justice dept is willing to indict a sitting president.  With regards to obstruction, Mueller just lays out the facts and leaves it to others to draw conclusions.  In so doing, he gives anyone with a predisposition for Trump A) an out to avoid dealing with his actions and B) an ability to construct a narrative where Trump has done nothing wrong.  Barr, a fucking tool who serves his master, GOP congress critters, the conservative machine and the nation of deplorables they serve gladly leap on that to exonerate Trump of any and everything.  Mueller acting frustrated and shocked about this outcome seems incredibly naive on his part.  He's fucking Ned Stark in the throne room producing a piece of parchment that Cersei rips up in his face.

So now its up to congress to act to reign in a President run amok and serve as a warning for future dipshits that our nation of dipshits might vote into office and... my bet is they will punt.  Republicans won't act because he's their guy and Trump's base will primary anyone who acts against him.  Democrats won't act because Trump Trumping as President best supports their 2020 chances not just in the Presidency but across the board.  They will make noise and try to make it damaging for the GOP, but they aren't going to impeach a guy clearly unfit for the Presidency when he is galvanizing everyone not sporting a cheeto-orange milk mustache to get out and vote.

Meanwhile, Trump will continue to make a mockery of America and especially our facade of democracy.  He will continue to use executive power to fuck shit up. Continue to damage our position with allies and in the world.  2020 election season will come along and we'll see 2016 all over again.  On fucking steroids.  An attempt to get foreign powers to intercede again, probably more successful since he's actually the sitting President with the proven power to stymie the negative effects of such an act is almost certain.  Why the fuck not?  He will have not any ramifications to his actions leading up to his election and in the obstruction afterwards.  And if he loses, he will be facing a lot of additional scrutiny, investigations and potential indictment when he leaves office, so its in his best interests to stay President for as long as possible -- by any means necessary.

I think the next election comes down to this -- are there enough sane, thoughtful citizens motivated enough to vote to overcome Trump's by-any-means-necessary methods, his base of deplorables and those foreign powers whose best interests are served by an America weakened in the world who will be even more emboldened to attack our election processes.  I don't like those odds.  Pass the fucking scotch and a bottle of fentanyl.

Quoted despite the urge to buy the domain name associated with this post.

I've stayed away from this thread since the buzzfeed bombshell that wasn't.  Enough time has passed since the Mueller report was delivered that someone can start to draw some informed conclusions.

I'm in full Brisket-mode until somebody in a position of power gives me a reason to believe we aren't completely fucked.   TrumpCo tried like hell to conspire with the Russian's, but cannot be proven to have been successful to the degree that the justice dept is willing to indict a sitting president.  With regards to obstruction, Mueller just lays out the facts and leaves it to others to draw conclusions.  In so doing, he gives anyone with a predisposition for Trump A) an out to avoid dealing with his actions and B) an ability to construct a narrative where Trump has done nothing wrong.  Barr, a fucking tool who serves his master, GOP congress critters, the conservative machine and the nation of deplorables they serve gladly leap on that to exonerate Trump of any and everything.  Mueller acting frustrated and shocked about this outcome seems incredibly naive on his part.  He's fucking Ned Stark in the throne room producing a piece of parchment that Cersei rips up in his face.

So now its up to congress to act to reign in a President run amok and serve as a warning for future dipshits that our nation of dipshits might vote into office and... my bet is they will punt.  Republicans won't act because he's their guy and Trump's base will primary anyone who acts against him.  Democrats won't act because Trump Trumping as President best supports their 2020 chances not just in the Presidency but across the board.  They will make noise and try to make it damaging for the GOP, but they aren't going to impeach a guy clearly unfit for the Presidency when he is galvanizing everyone not sporting a cheeto-orange milk mustache to get out and vote.

Meanwhile, Trump will continue to make a mockery of America and especially our facade of democracy.  He will continue to use executive power to fuck shit up. Continue to damage our position with allies and in the world.  2020 election season will come along and we'll see 2016 all over again.  On fucking steroids.  An attempt to get foreign powers to intercede again, probably more successful since he's actually the sitting President with the proven power to stymie the negative effects of such an act is almost certain.  Why the fuck not?  He will have not any ramifications to his actions leading up to his election and in the obstruction afterwards.  And if he loses, he will be facing a lot of additional scrutiny, investigations and potential indictment when he leaves office, so its in his best interests to stay President for as long as possible -- by any means necessary.

I think the next election comes down to this -- are there enough sane, thoughtful citizens motivated enough to vote to overcome Trump's by-any-means-necessary methods, his base of deplorables and those foreign powers whose best interests are served by an America weakened in the world who will be even more emboldened to attack our election processes.  I don't like those odds.  Pass the fucking scotch and a bottle of fentanyl.

Rein

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Mueller acting frustrated and shocked about this outcome seems incredibly naive on his part.  He's fucking Ned Stark in the throne room producing a piece of parchment that Cersei rips up in his face.

QFT.

3 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Barr said notes about this phone call exist.

I'm aware of that.  I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility that Barr realized that he would look incompetent for not taking notes on this call, so he lied in the moment and then got caught in the lie with the follow-up question.

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Republicans won't act because he's their guy and Trump's base will primary anyone who acts against him. 

This is why I think William Weld stands perhaps the best chance of any single candidate (from either side) to win the Presidency: he's the only one on the Republican side who is running against Trump and there's a very good chance that Trump will either die, have a stroke or go stark raving mad in a way that proves to EVERYBODY, even supporters, that he can't be the Republican nominee.  If any of those things happen, Weld becomes the Republican nominee.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That is an amazing theory to articulate.

its Nixon's theory that "its legal if the President does it" recast as the Unitary Executive Theory.  And there isnt a single Republican who believes that it applies to a Democratic President. Its horseshit that essentially creates a King. Congress needs to pass a new Special Counsel bill asap that is independent and reports solely to the fucking public and is allowed to charge anyone in the fucking Executive branch including the President.

Edited by Longhorn94

Mueller may be naive, but he's also just about as good as it gets with regard to evidence that these LE types are typically all about the rule of law.  Obviously, not all -- Barr is a fucking political stooge hired to do a job, and he's doing it, and Comey is an attention whore who might actually have good intentions.  Mueller just strikes me as a serious pro who expects the game to be played a certain way, and then he's taken by surprise when Barry Switzer spies on his practices.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Mueller may be naive, but he's also just about as good as it gets with regard to evidence that these LE types are typically all about the rule of law.  Obviously, not all -- Barr is a fucking political stooge hired to do a job, and he's doing it, and Comey is an attention whore who might actually have good intentions.  Mueller just strikes me as a serious pro who expects the game to be played a certain way, and then he's taken by surprise when Barry Switzer spies on his practices.

The expert found no Russian collusion. Got it. The rest is political theater. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 12