The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Pretty damning, of course it is just the testimony of some “random” person though. 

It’ll be more than just testimony.   He’s a criminal with questionable credibility.  He’s gonna have recordings, receipts, or maps, or all of the above.

Edited by triplehorn

6 hours ago, triplehorn said:

It’ll be more than just testimony.   He’s a criminal with questionable credibility.  He’s gonna have recordings, receipts, or maps, or all of the above.

Cohen is exactly the type of lawyer that would record his clients, because he's known for years how loyal Trump is to his underlings (or rather isn't).

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses and closeup

Frmr fed prosecutor JOYCE VANCE: "I took this picture this morning after I finished reading the Cohen information & plea agreement because I wanted to make sure I could always remember the moment when it became clear Mueller was preparing to lay down a royal flush."

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

She's so excited and she just can't hide it. 

C'mon, Mueller, let's do this thing! The anticipation is killing me. 

She looks like someone who sees the big picture. Celebrating that the President of the United States, elected by the people of the United States is about to go down on treasonous criminal charges seems sort of inappropriate. We're just proving what we already were pretty sure was true.

The big picture: What's wrong with this country?

I'll be delighted to see a criminal get his due. I'm mortified at what we've found out about ourselves and the shame brought down on the USA.

The next president (non Trump GOP) will have another "apology tour" trying to right things and the same morons who voted Trump will call him/her weak and a laughing stock.

I'm glad we're about to see the emetic to remove Trump. I have no idea where we go from here.

• Like 4

One of the most troubling aspects to me is how we keep hearing this refrain. "The president says he's going to take this action, but we're not sure he can do that." After 200+ years, have we not hashed out what the president can and cannot do?

I guess we've thrown out too many underlying assumptions about the character of prospective presidents. At least 40% of voters have.

28 minutes ago, retread said:

One of the most troubling aspects to me is how we keep hearing this refrain. "The president says he's going to take this action, but we're not sure he can do that." After 200+ years, have we not hashed out what the president can and cannot do?

I guess we've thrown out too many underlying assumptions about the character of prospective presidents. At least 40% of voters have.

I don't think we've ever had a president that gave absolutely zero shits publicly about the Constitution and constantly tried to do things that seem insane. Never had one, I don't even believe Nixon, that ever even put out the notion of pardoning himself or publicly obstructing justice on his own investigation. 

We have had ones like Bush 2 who completely shit on the Constitution but did it in secret. Once Snowden happened he and his cronies should have been slaughtered on the steps of the white house/Congress but once they saw the American people are too lazy and worthless to even care about their own freedoms it became a free for all to violate the Constitution constantly in secret. Trump is just the first to be stupid about it and publicly not give any shit whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

I think much of our governmental norms have been based on the honor system and thus legally untested.  That a man likeTrump stretches and strains a system based on honor isn’t really surprising.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

She looks like someone who sees the big picture. Celebrating that the President of the United States, elected by the people of the United States is about to go down on treasonous criminal charges seems sort of inappropriate. We're just proving what we already were pretty sure was true.

The big picture: What's wrong with this country?

I'll be delighted to see a criminal get his due. I'm mortified at what we've found out about ourselves and the shame brought down on the USA.

The next president (non Trump GOP) will have another "apology tour" trying to right things and the same morons who voted Trump will call him/her weak and a laughing stock.

I'm glad we're about to see the emetic to remove Trump. I have no idea where we go from here.

the thing, i think, to keep in mind is that all of this shit has been going on quietly since nixon, probably, but now it is out in the open.

previously, we have not been in a national mindset to deal with this had we known anything about it.  we now know what has been going on and how that portends submission to our greatest enemy for the benefit of a tiny percentage of the nation.  this whole sordid story was necessary to adjust the focus to a fine cauterizing beam.  one day this nation will honor and cherish the 2016 election like christians admire the cross.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Pretty sure whoever Mueller assigns to this is going to lose sleep tonight:

A lot of people assume that Trump is guilty of criminal acts.  What this complaint presupposes is...what he didn't?  Wildcat,  Wildcat,  Wildcat...I'm gonna go now.

Never forget.  Klayman once sued his own mother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman

In 1998, Klayman sued his mother for $50,000, seeking reimbursement for medical care provided to his maternal grandmother. In 2013, Klayman defended his actions in an interview with ABC News, and said it was "essentially a case against my stepfather" and that he named his mother "because legally she was next of kin.

11 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Just skimmed the document.  Among the accused crimes of Mueller?  You guessed it:  Obstruction of Justice (and Frank Stallone).  How's that for a little double secret judo move.  No obstructor, no obstructor.  You're the obstructor.

I don't know what's sadder, the 'I know you are but what am I?' of an 8-year-old or the complete lack of shame for his actions. I know it's been covered in this thread or in the one at the old place, but the FBI made contact with the campaign emphasizing their belief that the Russians were trying to use them. Ignorance is no defense here.

Edited by retread

Sad that he believes it, or sad that his lawyer filed that?

This is not isolated stupidity of a lawyer and his client. Notice how Trump has echoed the claim that Mueller is trying to get witnesses to lie. Also note that Corsi is in a joint defense with Trump, meaning their lawyers can coordinate a defense.

They are laying the groundwork to either fire Mueller or discredit his flips.

Edit: This is Trump’s MO. Get an ally to make an outrageous claim, and then quote them to attack an enemy. Remember the “people are saying” about Cruz’s dad. Those people were his friends at the National Enquirer.

• Like 4

Yeah, he is counting on his base to scare everyone into letting him off.  He should know he can't win in court when real facts come out.  But at the same time, I don't think he knows a real fact from fiction.  He fully is sold on himself as faultless, it is everyone else who is wrong.  I truly believe that. 

He thinks everything else is fake if it isn't supporting him.  He just ignores those who can't see the real truth, that he is being framed.  I have to think this is some sort of mindset he took on years ago to defend himself, and he is stuck in it. 

Those pics of him at G 20 alone and all the flubs he has done there, that is not a guilty man knowing he is cornered.  It's a man who sees himself as innocent and is wracking his brain to figure out how to get the poor saps to realize this, how to overcome the "fake news."    I also think he feels they are all laughing at him, some in public.  He feels abandoned by Americans for not coming to his aid in admonishing these foreigners for disparaging the greatest American president ever.    That just adds to his anger at the MSM.  And sends him deeper into the arms of his base, which he can only rouse with hate and fear.

His idea of innocent though is not true innocence. He figures until someone actually catches him at something, he is innocent.  He thinks he is clever in using burner phones, ripping up memos, not using emails, etc. to not leave any evidence.  He figures no one associated with him will leave a trail either.  He is too smart to hire people who would do so, who would lie to him about doing it.

Now he is reduced to the crackpots, his family and those who are riding the gravy train as long as possible.  He just can't figure out how he can be so popular with his base, and have so many others turning on him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

They are laying the groundwork to either fire Mueller or discredit his flips

They missed their chance to fire Mueller.  If he fired him today, Muller gets hired by the House in 31 days, plus Trump would have no moles to feed any information to him.  

This is why I think we haven't come close to seeing Trump truly melt down on twitter.  

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

This is not isolated stupidity of a lawyer and his client. Notice how Trump has echoed the claim that Mueller is trying to get witnesses to lie. Also note that Corsi is in a joint defense with Trump, meaning their lawyers can coordinate a defense.

They are laying the groundwork to either fire Mueller or discredit his flips.

Edit: This is Trump’s MO. Get an ally to make an outrageous claim, and then quote them to attack an enemy. Remember the “people are saying” about Cruz’s dad. Those people were his friends at the National Enquirer.

Yeah, but Trump doesn't need anyone to say anything in order to employ the "people are saying" angle. More often than not, he's the only one saying it. That's an elementary tactic in sales. Most people have a psychological predisposition in favor of conformity so telling them that other people are thinking, saying, doing, or buying something makes it more likely that they'll go along. 

"It's the Greatest Show on Earth!"

29 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:He just can't figure out how he can be so popular with his base, and have so many others turning on him. 

He’s the rich kid in high school who thinks he’s popular because he has a group of followers and he doesn’t realize they only care that he’s rich and throws big parties.  I’m sure a lot of you remember those types.  The guy who thinks because he’s got money and is popular, he can hit on your girlfriend, and when that happens, you walk up and just hammer the shit out of his face, leaving him lying on the ground crying and saying you made a mistake and his friends will come after you, and you challenging anybody in his group to a fight right then and there, and nobody takes a step, and you spit on him and tell him that if any of his friend try anything, they better kill you, because you will find him and skin him alive and leave his headless, skinless corpse propped up in his daddy’s favorite BMW.

The only differences between Trump and that kid is Trump has probably never been in a fight in his life, and obviously Trump made it to old age, while that rich kid from high school ended up on the side of a fucking milk carton two months later.

But Trump shares one aspect with that kid - he doesn’t realize that having a group of followers who can stuff a ballot box that can get you elected prom king doesn’t mean shit if you get called into the principal’s office for cheating on tests.  

If things play out like it seems is  happening, Trump is going to find his followers will start claiming they voted for Gary Johnson or against Hillary. He will still have enough for his rallies, but he could easily lose NC and FL, in addition to AZ, MI, PA, WI  

I’m betting the fight with Mueller is the first time Trump has ever had a legal fight where he couldn’t settle or buy his way out of it, or where the stakes had a direct impact on his continuing in his current position  

I’m not saying the Senate will impeach  I think he withdraws from re-election. After everything else, there’s no way he runs knowing he will be humiliated for the six months up to Nov. of 2020.  He’s written the ads for the Dems. They just need to produce and run them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s the rich kid in high school who thinks he’s popular because he has a group of followers and he doesn’t realize they only care that he’s rich and throws big parties.  I’m sure a lot of you remember those types.  The guy who thinks because he’s got money and is popular, he can hit on your girlfriend, and when that happens, you walk up and just hammer the shit out of his face, leaving him lying on the ground crying and saying you made a mistake and his friends will come after you, and you challenging anybody in his group to a fight right then and there, and nobody takes a step, and you spit on him and tell him that if any of his friend try anything, they better kill you, because you will find him and skin him alive and leave his headless, skinless corpse propped up in his daddy’s favorite BMW.

The only differences between Trump and that kid is Trump has probably never been in a fight in his life, and obviously Trump made it to old age, while that rich kid from high school ended up on the side of a fucking milk carton two months later.

But Trump shares one aspect with that kid - he doesn’t realize that having a group of followers who can stuff a ballot box that can get you elected prom king doesn’t mean shit if you get called into the principal’s office for cheating on tests.  

If things play out like it seems is  happening, Trump is going to find his followers will start claiming they voted for Gary Johnson or against Hillary. He will still have enough for his rallies, but he could easily lose NC and FL, in addition to AZ, MI, PA, WI  

I’m betting the fight with Mueller is the first time Trump has ever had a legal fight where he couldn’t settle or buy his way out of it, or where the stakes had a direct impact on his continuing in his current position  

I’m not saying the Senate will impeach  I think he withdraws from re-election. After everything else, there’s no way he runs knowing he will be humiliated for the six months up to Nov. of 2020.  He’s written the ads for the Dems. They just need to produce and run them.  

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP