The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

He's fucking lying directly to a federal judge on really stupid shit. 

1 hour ago, retread said:

Yeah. I mean, what would happen to any one of us if we did that? We would be under the jail.

Under the jail. Flout the judge's order with a picture that includes a crosshair and then obviously lie about it under oath. It's seems to be at least contempt and too possibly a call to action against the judge. 

He needs at least a few nights in jail. If the judge feels the least bit threatened, revoke bail. He'll save money by living in state provided quarters and eating state provided meals.

The nation sleeps on as the current pushes it closer to the inevitable rocks. Roger Stone is proud of his part in this. He should be the first thrown into the iron cage that will later rest at the bottom of the cold, deep dark Atlantic.

These are enemies of the United States.

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think Robert Mueller is prone to equivocation.

I think William Barr and majority Senators are prone to redaction, but the report itself should be fair and true.

Let's bust out the thesaurus once the report is published.  I'm predicting it will follow the lines of Comey's hedging on the Hilary investigation/matter in that she was not "reckless" just 'extremely careless.'

10 minutes ago, retread said:

^ The fact that he's not in jail right now makes me more skeptical that these people will be brought to justice.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Stone will end up like Manafort.  The wheels of justice will grind him into sawdust.  These guys ain’t getting away. 

Hugo's dead right on this.  Her jailing him over one instagram post, no matter how indefensible, plays into the hands of the maniacs.  If he continues to serially fuck up like Manafort, he will be detained.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hugo's dead right on this.  Her jailing him over one instagram post, no matter how indefensible, plays into the hands of the maniacs.  If he continues to serially fuck up like Manafort, he will be detained.

Co-sign.  Judge made the right call.  You give the defendant more latitude than you might like....so nobody can bitch at you later when you hang him.

There are some general rules/observations from trial lawyers, like "be careful if you're winning every objection."  In such cases, the judge is often giving you a perfectly unblemished trial record....so you have no good appellate points to attack the eventual judgment that cornholes you.  Being extra-deferential with the defendant takes the air out of the "but the judge was clearly unfair to me from the beginning!" balloon.  The judge is a pro.  She knows that.  Stone is a clown.  He doesn't know that.  He's playing HIS stupid game in HER arena now.  That rarely turns out well for the stupid person.

• Like 5

Just a general observation on the whole pretrial detention thing, because it's getting a lot of attention in other contexts.  The purpose of pretrial detention was originally to secure the accused's appearance at trial and was ordered only if the defendant appeared to be a flight risk.  The ordering of detention and posting of monetary or asset bail served this purpose: to secure the defendant's appearance at trial.

Then, pretrial detention became de rigeuer for those deemed a threat to society, e,g, murderers, rapists, etc..  If that is the case, they should never be bailed, but they frequently are, mixing the original purpose of pretrial detention with this new purpose, in a really fairly indefensible fashion.

Now, finally, we have pretrial detention for misbehavior.  And the whole federal criminal system is just biased against release before trial as a general proposition (75% of federal defendants are detained before trial, while 20 years ago, fewer than 50% were).

Granted, orders of the trial court aimed at preserving a fair trial by limiting publicity or certain types of publicity need to be respected.  Monetary fines and 30-60-90 day imprisonments are probably adequate for that purpose.

I know it's fun to root for Roger Stone to get tossed in the hoosegow before he's convicted, but let's not lose sight of how fucked up the criminal justice system really is.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dz8jzEeWoAA4LiB?format=png&name=900x900

Needs to mention Manafort’s detailed sentencing memorandum gets published by Muelker today before midnight.

And that Nikulin competency exam on March 5th - once he got nabbed in Czech Republic and extradited to the US, he became uncooperative and seemingly appeared insane.  His attys (I believe w history of representing Russian nationals) tried to have a psychiatric exam (forensic?) performed by a maligned doc w medical board issues.  Strange.  There has been nothing in the news about this kid for two years.  That’s a long time to sit in jail possibly faking insanity.

He appears to be a linchpin in coordinated hacking operations in the 2016 election even though he was extradited on unrelated cyber crimes.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, I saw that.  

So it's just some funny named person on the webz.

Got it.  

I mean, sure, but our president is in the WWE hall of fame for fucks sake. I think we're past balking at someone's name lol. And also the calendars aren't speculation, they're just a compilation of publicly available information

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I mean, sure, but our president is in the WWE hall of fame for fucks sake. I think we're past balking at someone's name lol. And also the calendars aren't speculation, they're just a compilation of publicly available information

Why so serious, Cap'n?

Ruby blowing you or something?

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

i must have slipped a cog.  what's the problem here?

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I am amused by the press acting like the Mueller report is going to be the end of something.

It's just the beginning.

This is how the press has hyped it for 2+ years.  If the report doesn't tie everything up in a nice bow, which it won't, the Rs will scream victory, the average joe will be tired of it all and say fuck it, and we'll be forced to try and oust this corrupt motherfucker via the 2020 election.  That's what I'm bracing for.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is how the press has hyped it for 2+ years.  If the report doesn't tie everything up in a nice bow, which it won't, the Rs will scream victory, the average joe will be tired of it all and say fuck it, and we'll be forced to try and oust this corrupt motherfucker via the 2020 election.  That's what I'm bracing for.

We're going to have two years of congressional hearings no matter what.

25 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This is what I was interested in.  Watch the worm squirm.

What's kind of comical about all that is that I am reasonably sure that the pic was chosen because it is the most unflattering pic of her in general circulation, rather than because of the crosshairs.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

What's kind of comical about all that is that I am reasonably sure that the pic was chosen because it is the most unflattering pic of her in general circulation, rather than because of the crosshairs.

All I know is that I wish I would have been in the gallery for that hearing.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

giphy.gif

Q:  Was that photograph chosen because of the crosshairs?

A:  Absolutely not, you couldn't even see them on a phone.

Q:  Why was that photograph chosen?

A:  Uhhh  . . . . .

giphy.gif

Funny or Die Series: Stupid Watergate

We got Alec Baldwin, Shooter McGavin, Steve Martin, DeNiro, D-Day, Christian Bale (uglied up as Jr), the Eastern European Broadway actress. I’m sure Gary Oldman, Marshala Ali, Al Pacino, Adam Scott and Will Farrell could sub in. Either Oldman or Daniel Craig would be awesome as Putin.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think you're wrong.   He has a long history of threatening violence and projecting a tough guy image.  Heck he has the Proud Boys as his personal security.

screen_shot_2019-02-21_at_11.02.40.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

I think you're wrong.   He has a long history of threatening violence and projecting a tough guy image.  Heck he has the Proud Boys as his personal security.

screen_shot_2019-02-21_at_11.02.40.png

Maybe so, but if you do a google image search you will note that it is the worst pic of her by far. And if you want to imply violence, and are an outrageous asshole, why not just draw it right on her.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe so, but if you do a google image search you will note that it is the worst pic of her by far. And if you want to imply violence, and are an outrageous asshole, why not just draw it right on her.

"I totally didn't see the crosshairs your Honor, that was just an added benefit.  I was really just looking for the least flattering picture of you."  

You know that's what he was thinking.

• Like 2