The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It'll go like the rest of them go where we say "omg this fucking guy is president?!?" And Republicans say it's a big nothing burger. Just a waste of time until the primaries.

Remember when muellers team dropped that letter the day before Barr’s testimony. Yeah. I bet Barr does too. 

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm of the mind that we probably shouldn't neg people for their opinions in here, but I'd make an exception for out-right lies.

Those and outright racist comments.  If someone said some of the shit that comes out of Chrispy's, et al, while they were standing in front of them, I'd slap them down like the bitch they are.  Since we're online, I feel an interweb slap will have to suffice. 

• Like 1

I have absolutely no problem giving negs in this forum, especially for a lot of the subtle racism/homophobia/transphobia that also pervades. Or really anything I think is lame and awful. For some reason, a little red icon next to a post of theirs really bothers them, sooooo go wild when appropriate imo

Edited by trauma babe

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

I have absolutely no problem giving negs in this forum, especially for a lot of the subtle racism/homophobia/transphobia that also pervades. Or really anything I think is lame and awful. For some reason, a little red icon next to a post of theirs really bothers them, sooooo go wild when appropriate imo

Slorch is the king of the neg rep snowflakes

• Like 3

I think it's important to hear from Kelly Osbourne. A brash, mid twenties British kid with purple hair raised by the extravagance of rockstar levels of neverending cash flow. She really has her index finger on the pulse of 2/3 of the American mindset. Let her foibles represent an entire political class. Makes sense. 

Zavala, can you link any editorial essays authored by Ashley Simpson? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

I think it's important to hear from Kelly Osbourne. A brash, mid twenties British kid with purple hair raised by the extravagance of rockstar levels of neverending cash flow. She really has her index finger on the pulse of 2/3 of the American mindset. Let her foibles represent an entire political class. Makes sense. 

She's 34 brah

On 6/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Anastasis said:

Trump is an authoritarian fascist and an immediate threat to the constitution and our nation. Also, who cares if the executive branch cuts a few corners from time to time when deploying the most invasive surveillance techniques against American citizens in general or political targets in particular. 

Well, let's start with evidence that corners were cut, and your Defcon 1 knee-jerk panic button hysteria doesn't count as evidence.

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

Only because Rapino is busy.  We'd learn as much new information from her as we will from Mueller's AI approved sound bytes next month.

51 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, let's start with evidence that corners were cut, and your Defcon 1 knee-jerk panic button hysteria doesn't count as evidence.

How about this. If the OIG report finds that all policies and procedures relating to the use of sources and/or FISA applications were adequately and appropriately followed, I take a 6 month holiday from the politics board. If on the other hand there are findings that the relevant  policies and procedures were not adequately followed, you take the vacation.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Typical Anastasis.  “Trump is a menace!  Something simply must be done to stop Obama in retrospect!!!”  

I haven’t made Obama a meaningful component of my criticisms, but good for you trying to deflect. Your previous deflections directed at me (#bothsides have been to Prague!) aged so well. I am sure this one turns out better. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How about this. If the OIG report finds that all policies and procedures relating to the use of sources and/or FISA applications were adequately and appropriately followed, I take a 6 month holiday from the politics board. If on the other hand there are findings that the relevant  policies and procedures were not adequately followed, you take the vacation.

Y'all should just go ahead and fuck already.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well, that's all kinds of stupid.  An investigation can overstep bounds without rendering all conclusions moot.  "Hey, you didn't initial paragraph 9 of the addendum to the arrest warrant, so too bad, Jeffrey Dahmer walks".  Yeah, no.

Mueller needs to hold nothing back but I know he will, sadly. 

He played this perfectly, looking to stay above the fray the entire time.  Acting like he didn’t want to testify knowing full damn well he was getting a subpoena and he wasn’t going to ignore it. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that's all kinds of stupid.  An investigation can overstep bounds without rendering all conclusions moot.  "Hey, you didn't initial paragraph 9 of the addendum to the arrest warrant, so too bad, Jeffrey Dahmer walks".  Yeah, no.

I was told everything was by the book. Same wager offered to the other posters that have claimed the same. I doubt any take it. I mean, I wouldn’t either. Auditors gonna audit. Just 4th amendment protections. Initials by paragraph 9. Same difference. 

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I was told everything was by the book. Same wager offered to the other posters that have claimed the same. I doubt any take it. I mean, I wouldn’t either. Auditors gonna audit. Just 4th amendment protections. Initials by paragraph 9. Same difference. 

Who the fuck said "everything was by the book"?  You're throwing shade on the discussion.  I defy you to identify any criminal investigation involving dozens of people that has, without a doubt, done everything "by the book".  I'm sure it happens, but not all the time.  It doesn't render all law enforcement activities moot.

Should we encourage law enforcement to operate outside the bounds of the law?  Hell no.  But you're doing something else -- you're intentionally trying to cast doubt on the process because you don't like the LAW.  Well, fuck that.  You'd be against the outcome even IF law enforcement was 100% successful in toeing the line (and for all I know they were).

You really need to find a new angle, because this one is tired and transparent.   You're wasting everybody's time.  You're like Chrispy, but more malicious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who the fuck said "everything was by the book"?

So you concede it was not by the book? Or you just posturing around how many posters I can directly quote? Am I allowed to also include paraphrase or does it need to be a direct quote?