the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

18 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Really?  I see a fucking lunatic that needs to be put down.

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and i see a flock of fucking lunatics.

I believe the proper term is a lunchtime of lunatics. As in the example from the Free Range Surly Dictionary (Annotated Edition):

The President and his cult staring skyward at the bright sun caused Jerome to pause his usual mid-day girl watching. What a lunchtime of lunatics, he thought, as he took a bite of his ham sandwich.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/14/2022 at 1:52 PM, Gil Bang said:

Trying to find more on this, I see Clark asked the DC Bar to stay itself pending resolution of possible criminal charges from DOJ and Fulton County.

In many cases, someone party to a civil suit and criminal investigation or charges over the same subject matter can get the civil thing stayed for a while so they aren't in the odd pleading the 5th situation.  DC Bar told him to fuck off, likely because of the public interest in disbarring a shitheel like him.

The more we learn, some on the right have the following strategy:

• Attempt to cheat on the elections
  • point the finger at the other side first
  • repeat

I'm open to seeing/hearing evidence that the left cheated on some elections but frankly there isn't any evidence because it didn't happen. I even think the one-off rogue cheaters have been proven to be almost exclusively on the right but I'm sure someone on the left cheated as well. somewhere.

I'm not sure what they think happened in Georgia -- Sidney Powell and crew seems to have accessed voting data on 1/7/2021, some two months after the election.  Whether there is concern that votes were changed, or rather just that voter information was stolen doesn't seem clear.  Obviously, both are crimes.

Edited by jimmyjazz

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure what they think happened in Georgia -- Sidney Powell and crew seems to have accessed voting data on 1/7/2021, some two months after the election.  Whether there is concern that votes were changed, or rather just that voter information was stolen doesn't seem clear.  Obviously, both are crimes.

If you read the article, the same crew that was in this county in Georgia was also doing this shit in some county in Michigan. Moreover, one of the guy's mentioned also was part of that Cyber Ninja operation in Arizona.

17 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If you read the article, the same crew that was in this county in Georgia was also doing this shit in some county in Michigan. Moreover, one of the guy's mentioned also was part of that Cyber Ninja operation in Arizona.

I read it.  It just isn't clear to me what "this shit" is, besides sketchy and illegal.

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Illegally accessing voting machines. I hope it’s a felony 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Illegally accessing voting machines. I hope it’s a felony 

Sure, but then what did the do with what they found?  Change votes?  Just steal individual voter data?  Like I said, both crimes, but one is worse.

In 2016 we know Russia breached voter machines, but we don't think they changed votes.  Rinse, repeat, just with locals?

I'm not trying to handwave away this issue, it's fucking huge, I just don't know exactly the extent of the crime, or at least the "charges" (if levied).

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure, but then what did the do with what they found?  Change votes?  Just steal individual voter data?  Like I said, both crimes, but one is worse.

In 2016 we know Russia breached voter machines, but we don't think they changed votes.  Rinse, repeat, just with locals?

I'm not trying to handwave away this issue, it's fucking huge, I just don't know exactly the extent of the crime, or at least the "charges" (if levied).

I assume they were searching for evidence of election fraud.  They didn't just advocate for the Koolaid, they drank it.  They were convinced that 1) there was evidence of fraud, 2) they were entitled to break multiple laws to demonstrate its existence.  Just like they were entitled to invade the Capitol to reinstate the once and future king.  They are fucking idiots.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/30/2022 at 5:57 AM, AnTiM said:

Please let me live  to see the day when judges and courts tire of this bullshit enough to put a stop to it.

until those judges start heavily sanctioning and state and federal bars start disbarring these dogshit lawyers, nothing will change.

So, in other words, nothing will change.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It bears repeating that reliable voting machines exist, those that both record votes electronically (for speed in counting,) and simultaneously provide a paper backup. The voter can see their votes on the paper backup, and thus be certain their vote has been recorded correctly, and, if there is a question about electronic shenanigans, the paper votes can be hand counted as a failsafe. 

Why this system isn’t mandated, in light of all we have seen, is depressing.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

It bears repeating that reliable voting machines exist, those that both record votes electronically (for speed in counting,) and simultaneously provide a paper backup. The voter can see their votes on the paper backup, and thus be certain their vote has been recorded correctly, and, if there is a question about electronic shenanigans, the paper votes can be hand counted as a failsafe. 

Why this system isn’t mandated, in light of all we have seen, is depressing.   

It is, for the most part.  I remember watching an interview with Chris Krebs (before Trump fired him via tweet) and he said we have paper backups for over 95% of all votes cast in the 2020 election.  That was up from ~90% when Krebs took the position he was appointed to.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

It is, for the most part.  I remember watching an interview with Chris Krebs (before Trump fired him via tweet) and he said we have paper backups for over 95% of all votes cast in the 2020 election.  That was up from ~90% when Krebs took the position he was appointed to.

That does not jibe with all the angst, then.

I thank you tor that information. Seems like we would have heard about any discrepancy between electronic and paper counts. Seems like the sort of fact courts would consider when evaluating claims of voter fraud.

Edited to add that we haven’t heard the flip side argument either. Where is the voice that says, “we double checked the paper ballots, and shit’s square?”

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

16 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

That does not jibe with all the angst, then.

I thank you tor that information. Seems like we would have heard about any discrepancy between electronic and paper counts. Seems like the sort of fact courts would consider when evaluating claims of voter fraud.

Edited to add that we haven’t heard the flip side argument either. Where is the voice that says, “we double checked the paper ballots, and shit’s square?”

I am pretty sure Trump fired him because of the interview I saw.  He was hired to make sure our elections are fair and accurate.  And he got shitcanned over Twitter because he did the job he was hired to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

That was there all along.  All of the battleground states have had recounts, some multiple recounts, and those that had voting machines found no discrepancies.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That was there all along.  All of the battleground states have had recounts, some multiple recounts, and those that had voting machines found no discrepancies.

This is perhaps the most infuriating thing.  The questions get asked, and then they are answered.  And then they get asked again.  And answered again.  And asked again. Etc.  

The justification is always "where is the harm in checking?"  We've checked each state in question multiple times, asshats.  Stop asking questions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is perhaps the most infuriating thing.  The questions get asked, and then they are answered.  And then they get asked again.  And answered again.  And asked again. Etc.  

The justification is always "where is the harm in checking?"  We've checked each state in question multiple times, asshats.  Stop asking questions.

Okay. Is it hysteria to suggest the phrase, “the paper ballots matched the electronic total” be employed to put the matter in terms folks like me can understand? TIL that dual record stream machines exist in 95% of polling locations. I assume the remaining machines, one in twenty, can also be checked for accuracy, though the means to do so are nebulous to me. 

One way to stop folks asking questions is to answer in terms that are understood by the questioner. I haven’t doubted the answer, I am criticizing the way the answer is phrased.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure where else to put this - Mattress Mack hired Wayne Dolcefino (a name I had not heard in many years) and is suing Harris County because he's unhappy with the results.  Mack is MAGA, so...

https://abc13.com/mattress-mack-lawsuit-harris-county-election/12811499/

In an unusual move, furniture store owner and philanthropist Jim McIngvale, known as Mattress Mack, will file a lawsuit to get answers regarding the 2022 November election in Harris County.

The Gallery Furniture owner said that there were problems regarding the election. He has recently appeared in advertisements supporting Republican nominee Alexandra del Moral Mealer, who lost the Harris County Judge's race to incumbent Democrat Lina Hidalgo.

The lawsuit claims that Clifford Tatum, the Harris County Elections Administrator, is withholding documents that McIngvale believes will shed light on problems that came up during the election.

Those problems include shortages of paper ballots in some precincts, machine glitches, and even paper jams, all of which were admitted by the county in a report.

Some leaders also cited the Houston Astros' World Series parade as the cause of why voting centers opened late.

A private investigator, Wayne Dolcefino, is working with Mattress Mack to obtain the documents. The lawsuit states that Harris County won't give up the documents due to other pending lawsuits.

"It's really not political. When the elections administrator was asked what went wrong with the election, the comment was the Astros parade, I mean, really? There's a problem with the process, and the process needs to be fair for all Houstonians and all Texans," McIngvale said.

There is no evidence of a case where a documented Harris County voter that wanted to vote was not able to cast a ballot due to any of the issues named.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So much for pee pees getting whacked, right @TwiceHorn?

Kraken bitch avoids disbarment because the Commission tasked with kicking her ass to the curb mislabeled some exhibits.

https://abovethelaw.com/2023/02/sidney-powell-avoids-disbarment-as-judge-refuses-to-consider-misnumbered-exhibits-seriously/

Page two of the Commission’s second amended response lists six documents purportedly included in its appendix, Exhibits A through F. The actual documents attached to the response were marked Exhibits A through H, and did not match the documents described in the brief.

But I'm sure this is the way the system was intended to work and we just need to shut the fuck up and enjoy our shit sandwiches.

• Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So much for pee pees getting whacked, right @TwiceHorn?

Kraken bitch avoids disbarment because the Commission tasked with kicking her ass to the curb mislabeled some exhibits.

https://abovethelaw.com/2023/02/sidney-powell-avoids-disbarment-as-judge-refuses-to-consider-misnumbered-exhibits-seriously/

But I'm sure this is the way the system was intended to work and we just need to shut the fuck up and enjoy our shit sandwiches.

I posted that on the downfall thread.

It's not clear to me exactly what happened there, or that it can't be readily fixed on appeal.

I've never said what you and Captainant constantly accuse me of saying.  That's your own myopia at work.

I did say that disbarring or even disciplining Powell was not as simple as it appears.